PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this punishment?

bello
03-15-2016, 11:03 AM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/rivera-fined-250-misuse-whip-parx-incident/

ME05_ffGgnk

cj
03-15-2016, 11:05 AM
That warrants a suspension. Imagine if that happened in a big race at a track where people actually watch.

camourous
03-15-2016, 12:41 PM
$250 fine, that'll teach him

lamboguy
03-15-2016, 01:05 PM
$250 fine, that'll teach himwhat a bunch of baffons in this game.

PaceAdvantage
03-15-2016, 01:15 PM
Taking out life's frustrations on a defenseless animal is worth more than a measly $250 fine, especially when those animals provide you with your living, don't you think?

This is a joke of a punishment. And it shows you that those responsible for handing out punishments should come from a disinterested central authority...not from the group of men and women who all hang out together at the home track and are apt to show favoritism where none should reside.

But that will never happen.

And speaking of women, how many female stewards are there in the game today?

Alwaysonpoint36
03-15-2016, 01:26 PM
Ugh. Poor horse.
They should get ahead of this before social media. That video is not gonna go away. Ban him for life, for the good of the horses and sport.

EMD4ME
03-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Taking out life's frustrations on a defenseless animal is worth more than a measly $250 fine, especially when those animals provide you with your living, don't you think?

This is a joke of a punishment. And it shows you that those responsible for handing out punishments should come from a disinterested central authority...not from the group of men and women who all hang out together at the home track and are apt to show favoritism where none should reside.

Proper punishment would be him getting stomped on in return by this poor horse but that will never happen.

I'd say increase it to $25,000.

6 months suspended and all states honor it.

Set an example.

PaceAdvantage
03-15-2016, 01:31 PM
Proper punishment would be him getting stomped on in return by this poor horse but that will never happen.Nor should it.

Is it your goal to blow up every thread with ridiculous assertions?

v j stauffer
03-15-2016, 01:44 PM
IMO a $250 fine is not enough punishment.

I would first check past rulings to see if he was a repeat offender.

For me would be a tough call between days (3-5) or a fine ($1500-$2000)

What he had to say at film review would influence my decision.

Was there real contrition?

Does he understand how dangerous this behavior is.

Not only for his horse and fellow riders

But to the already damaged perception of the sport.

Days or a fine he would leave the office with assurances should he return for a similar incident he'd be going to the sidelines for at least 7-10 days.

v j stauffer
03-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Nor should it.

PA. I don't think he's trying to sabotage.

Clearly he's just really that stupid.

burnsy
03-15-2016, 02:28 PM

Speaking of stewards. This is the exact reason we get so many "shit" calls in this game. Most of them are the cronies of cronyism. Been working around the track half your life, can't see straight, can't think clearly............."Let us repay you for being around the game for so long." "Have we got a job for you........"........... :lol: Hell yeah, the calls will be independent and impartial............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

davew
03-15-2016, 02:32 PM
It looks to me that the jock does not even have a whip, but is slapping the withers.

v j stauffer
03-15-2016, 02:35 PM
[/B]

Speaking of stewards. This is the exact reason we get so many "shit" calls in this game. Most of them are the cronies of cronyism. Been working around the track half your life, can't see straight, can't think clearly............."Let us repay you for being around the game for so long." "Have we got a job for you........"........... :lol: Hell yeah, the calls will be independent and impartial............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

COMPLETE UNADULTERATED RUBBISH

v j stauffer
03-15-2016, 02:38 PM

Not sure of the total number but there are several.

In California we are very lucky to have Kim Sawyer who I've had the pleasure of working with.

IMO she is an excellent racing official.

jballscalls
03-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Emerald Downs has had two female stewards in recent years, Amanda Benton and Thelma Lynn. Thelma might be retired now though.

johnhannibalsmith
03-15-2016, 03:10 PM
For a long time both state stewards in AZ were women. One passed away while chief stew and the other stepped into the role and held it until just a few years ago. I can honestly say that it really didn't matter. Both could be as much a pain in the ass as anyone or as well-intended as anyone. And I can say with confidence that out of all of the stews over a period of time, the toughest cookie of the bunch and the one you least wanted to cross was definitely one of those women.

Stillriledup
03-15-2016, 03:13 PM
[/B]

Sharp post!

burnsy
03-15-2016, 03:48 PM
COMPLETE UNADULTERATED RUBBISH

I'll admit it was partial rubbish for affect because they have cleaned it up some out of necessity. But you are talking to some one that remembers them taking the wrong horse down at Saratoga and one guy was not fired he was transferred to the Finger Lakes. So he could screw up at a "lesser" track. So much for the public, that was in 1986 and 1.2 million was bet on that race. There have been guys, caught drinking, not monitoring the screens and countless other violations. The penalties like this case are a total joke.....250 bucks, that guy needs at least 10 days to think about his stupidity. 250 bucks, he'll be doing the same thing within 2 months.

Joe Hirsch, Daily Racing Form: "It seems that the matter of steward selection and compensation has been a cause for concern nationally for some time. Because of a variety of considerations, some clearly political and some representing a lack of racing expertise on the part of track managements around the country, there are people in the stewards' stands who are not fully qualified either in background or temperament."

That was written almost 30 years ago and he was a great turf writer. Has racing really changed all that much? A little, but it is still very political and there is still favoritism. Its not unadulterated rubbish or reputable writers like this would not bring it up. Its still there and cases like this are just examples that in racing, time moves in slow motion. The calls are still not very consistent and jokers get off the hook with various slaps on the wrist....time to take out the rubbish.

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-08-14/sports/sp-6981_1_horse-racing-notes

EMD4ME
03-15-2016, 06:01 PM
Nor should it.

Absolutely not.

I just answered the question honestly.

Stillriledup
03-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Absolutely not.

I just answered the question honestly.

You said what people who love animals were thinking but were too shy to say. Sharp post, as usual. :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
03-15-2016, 06:06 PM
PA. I don't think he's trying to sabotage.

Clearly he's just really that stupid.

You sure you didn't mean Goof instead of Stupid :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.google.com/search?q=goof&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS446&oq=goof+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.998j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

EMD4ME
03-15-2016, 06:08 PM
You said what people who love animals were thinking but were too shy to say. Sharp post, as usual. :ThmbUp:

To be super sensitive and forthright, YES, I do ABSOLUTELY LOVE animals more than most people. And I do wish this supposed jock, got a hoof or two planted into his meatier areas (Don't wish him permanent damage, just a good ass kicking that would hurt for a few days).

$250 is a complete and utter JOKE.

He didn't over whip the horse. He gave that horse a cypress hills beat down with his right chopper. It looked like he was in a boxing match, not a horse race.

I don't care if he was coming down the stretch of the Kentucky Derby, those hailmakers are NEVER warranted.

EMD4ME
03-15-2016, 06:18 PM
I'll admit it was partial rubbish for affect because they have cleaned it up some out of necessity. But you are talking to some one that remembers them taking the wrong horse down at Saratoga and one guy was not fired he was transferred to the Finger Lakes. So he could screw up at a "lesser" track. So much for the public, that was in 1986 and 1.2 million was bet on that race. There have been guys, caught drinking, not monitoring the screens and countless other violations. The penalties like this case are a total joke.....250 bucks, that guy needs at least 10 days to think about his stupidity. 250 bucks, he'll be doing the same thing within 2 months.

Joe Hirsch, Daily Racing Form: "It seems that the matter of steward selection and compensation has been a cause for concern nationally for some time. Because of a variety of considerations, some clearly political and some representing a lack of racing expertise on the part of track managements around the country, there are people in the stewards' stands who are not fully qualified either in background or temperament."

That was written almost 30 years ago and he was a great turf writer. Has racing really changed all that much? A little, but it is still very political and there is still favoritism. Its not unadulterated rubbish or reputable writers like this would not bring it up. Its still there and cases like this are just examples that in racing, time moves in slow motion. The calls are still not very consistent and jokers get off the hook with various slaps on the wrist....time to take out the rubbish.

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-08-14/sports/sp-6981_1_horse-racing-notes

Not speaking of all jursidictions but for the ones that need some improvements:

Think of baseball. 20 years ago, you could juice and get away with it 100% of the time.

10 years ago, you could juice and pretty much still have a defense AND only get a slap on the wrist.

Now, 3 strikes and you're out forever.

Horse racing needs that attitude. Are we, as horseplayers, to believe that all horse racing jurisdictions have severe penalties for A) Juicing a horse constantly B) Jockeys bashing a horse like this jock did C) other nefarious issues?

If your answer is yes, then please send me the dozens of links from the last 10 years of people receiving these REAL penalties.

Please don't count Chapa as we were lucky the track photographer captured that one.

Dutrow....... I won't get into that as there are literally dozens of trainers that are MUCH worse than him and getting away with it.

Bottom line: Our sport needs stiffer penalties, it needs more transparent justice and it needs people who are in charge who are NOT afraid of reprimanding a member of their brethren. This sport needs people in charge who are not political appointees or who were given employment as a thank you.

I wasn't kidding when I said 6 months and $25,000. His actions in the lane are completely indefensible.

Stillriledup
03-15-2016, 07:06 PM
To be super sensitive and forthright, YES, I do ABSOLUTELY LOVE animals more than most people. And I do wish this supposed jock, got a hoof or two planted into his meatier areas (Don't wish him permanent damage, just a good ass kicking that would hurt for a few days).

$250 is a complete and utter JOKE.

He didn't over whip the horse. He gave that horse a cypress hills beat down with his right chopper. It looked like he was in a boxing match, not a horse race.

I don't care if he was coming down the stretch of the Kentucky Derby, those hailmakers are NEVER warranted.

Jocks are all replaceable, if one retired another one is around the corner to take his place, the game wouldn't miss any of them and the game itself wouldn't become one penny poorer after their departure.

Don't you have to realize that PETa would love to shut this sport down and here you have a guy doing THIS? Incredible.

Stoleitbreezing
03-15-2016, 09:24 PM
Made me sick watching it. :ThmbDown: The jock should've gotten 60 days and a more severe fine. The trainers and owners should do right by the horse and refuse to put this guy on their mounts if the track can't implement a severe enough penalty.

PaceAdvantage
03-15-2016, 11:19 PM
I don't care if he was coming down the stretch of the Kentucky Derby, those hailmakers are NEVER warranted.Nobody disagrees...but it doesn't warrant paralysis or death as a punishment.

NY BRED
03-16-2016, 05:29 AM
while we are on this topic,NYRA instituted a maximum
number of whipping to three which I'm uncertain if all
jockeys observe in mid stretch.

As respects the f&^ng Jockey whipping a horse who was
never going to finish in the money, my recommended punishment
would be to place the jockey ,carrying his whip, in the stall with this horse
in an effort to secure closure.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :ThmbDown:

chadk66
03-16-2016, 03:39 PM
that happens a lot more than you think. the horse was lugging out really bad and the jock was teaching him a lesson. He wasn't hitting the horse in the flank. He was hitting him on the shoulder. I really don't have an issue with it. It was making the horse more uncomfortable than it was hurting him.

cj
03-16-2016, 03:43 PM
Nobody disagrees...but it doesn't warrant paralysis or death as a punishment.

You spoke too soon. Chad does apparently.

Stillriledup
03-16-2016, 03:45 PM
You spoke too soon. Chad does apparently.

Not a surprise from someone who refers to horses as 'things'

chadk66
03-16-2016, 04:08 PM
serious question here. How many of you that are opposed to this have actually ridden a horse? Of those that have, how many have actually broke a horse from ground zero?

cj
03-16-2016, 04:10 PM
serious question here. How many of you that are opposed to this have actually ridden a horse? Of those that have, how many have actually broke a horse from ground zero?

Since I weight 225 I really don't have the option of riding a racehorse. Guess that disqualifies me?

If it is acceptable why was he fined at all?

Stoleitbreezing
03-16-2016, 05:16 PM
I'm pushing 260 myself and have never ridden a thoroughbred. I do know what I saw in that video. I've not seen this sort of "education" being applied to many horses as emphatically as the Parx jockey. I don't need to experience riding a horse to know what I saw was the wrong. Why doesn't the jockey give this horse the cross face pump I've seen other jockeys do to straighten there mounts out? Wouldn't that have been better than the incessant whipping for a horse about to be last and not near the grandstand fence? It looked bad and was bad enough to be fined.

PaceAdvantage
03-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Not only was it incessant, it was basically a full-throttle PUMMELING...it wasn't the number of times...it was the FORCE behind it...

thespaah
03-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Ugh. Poor horse.
They should get ahead of this before social media. That video is not gonna go away. Ban him for life, for the good of the horses and sport.
Use social media to shame trainers into not using the rider's services?

v j stauffer
03-16-2016, 06:14 PM

Do you actually think the press and potential new racing fans are going to make the distinction between a "learning process" and abuse?

That horse was hopelessly beaten at the top of the stretch. It had gained it's maximum placing. From that point jockeys are instructed get their mounts safely across the wire and pulled up safely.

Just what exactly is a horse supposed to learn from that? Run straight only when an exhausted jackoff takes out his frustrations on an obviously distressed horse?

I'm weighing in at a healthy 295. I've never ridden a race horse. But I can assure you I know enough to know that you know nothing.

davew
03-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Jocks are all replaceable, if one retired another one is around the corner to take his place, the game wouldn't miss any of them and the game itself wouldn't become one penny poorer after their departure.

Don't you have to realize that PETa would love to shut this sport down and here you have a guy doing THIS? Incredible.

Do you say the same thing about trainers and stewards?

Alwaysonpoint36
03-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Use social media to shame trainers into not using the rider's services?

I was referring more to how this wouldn't look good for the game or the track plastered across a couple hundred thousand Facebook feeds..........however, that's a great point. Eff it, let it go viral and hurt the jocks future mounts. Just hard to get casual players excited knowing for $250 you too can punch the piss out of a race horse.

Breakdowns are bad enough to swallow and sell as part of the game. This is just a barbaric (borderline criminal) display on the track.

davew
03-16-2016, 06:27 PM
Since I weight 225 I really don't have the option of riding a racehorse. Guess that disqualifies me?

You could still do morning workouts, although the times may be slower...

Tall One
03-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Without a doubt, that has to be one of the worst displays of horsemanship I have ever seen from a jock.

chadk66
03-16-2016, 08:39 PM
Do you actually think the press and potential new racing fans are going to make the distinction between a "learning process" and abuse?

That horse was hopelessly beaten at the top of the stretch. It had gained it's maximum placing. From that point jockeys are instructed get their mounts safely across the wire and pulled up safely.

Just what exactly is a horse supposed to learn from that? Run straight only when an exhausted jackoff takes out his frustrations on an obviously distressed horse?

I'm weighing in at a healthy 295. I've never ridden a race horse. But I can assure you I know enough to know that you know nothing.that's exactly why he was fined. public perception. and I'm totally fine with that. It's easy to sit here and point fingers when you really have no idea what goes on with these horses from a training standpoint. it's not all duckies and bunnies. sometimes getting horses to do what they're supposed to do isn't a pleasant or pretty business. Especially from the eyes of someone with no knowledge or experience of the process. these are 1200 lb animals. To get them to do as desired means you make them uncomfortable. They learn that they don't like to be uncomfortable. I'm not talking about abusing them. Just making them uncomfortable. And no I don't expect any of you to understand the difference. Anybody that thinks that jockey was beating that horse because he was trying to make him run faster has zero knowledge of what actually went on. Which is fine. That's not your job. It may or may not have been appropriate but it boils down to what the horse needed. None of us know what that was because we have zero knowledge of the horses traits or vices, etc. So we just look like fools when we make generalized statements about something we know nothing of.

Stillriledup
03-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Do you say the same thing about trainers and stewards?

Any one individual trainer or steward is replacable.

EMD4ME
03-16-2016, 08:48 PM
Any one individual trainer or steward is replacable.

And the way this game is going, no fan should be shunned or pushed away.

Every day, 1 more racing fan is passing away and not being replaced.

And when I say racing fan, I mean someone who bets 5 days a week, thousands a week and hundreds of thousands a year.

Not a Triple Crown Fan who bets $200 a year.

Stillriledup
03-16-2016, 08:55 PM
And the way this game is going, no fan should be shunned or pushed away.

Every day, 1 more racing fan is passing away and not being replaced.

And when I say racing fan, I mean someone who bets 5 days a week, thousands a week and hundreds of thousands a year.

Not a Triple Crown Fan who bets $200 a year.

Those hard core types betting real money are the heroes of the game and they're mostly treated like Lepers who are an inconvenience, a 'necessary evil'

EMD4ME
03-16-2016, 09:15 PM
Those hard core types betting real money are the heroes of the game and they're mostly treated like Lepers who are an inconvenience, a 'necessary evil'

I have to say, NYRA is very good to it's players. Bet $300,000 a year get the following:

Secluded area.
Tiny Tim
Decent Rebates
VIP Parking
Free DRF and programs
Belmont Stakes Tickets
Program manager Tina is EXTREMELY helpful. Ridiculously helpful
Free admission
Once in a while free vouchers to Equestris
Sandwiches and food on major racing days

And most importantly....................................... ...........................

This thing called............................................ .............................

A THANK YOU.

I know it's off the topic thread but I couldn't resist.

Was just replying to the replies. Will stick to topic PA, sorry.

Stillriledup
03-16-2016, 09:32 PM
I have to say, NYRA is very good to it's players. Bet $300,000 a year get the following:

Secluded area.
Tiny Tim
Decent Rebates
VIP Parking
Free DRF and programs
Belmont Stakes Tickets
Program manager Tina is EXTREMELY helpful. Ridiculously helpful
Free admission
Once in a while free vouchers to Equestris
Sandwiches and food on major racing days

And most importantly....................................... ...........................

This thing called............................................ .............................

A THANK YOU.

I know it's off the topic thread but I couldn't resist.

Was just replying to the replies. Will stick to topic PA, sorry.

It's funny that all the people on here railing about rebates (whale rebate bettors) and how they hurt the little guy ill mention that none of the perks you list here would be available if whales were not getting rebates. The tracks have to keep up with joneses, so they have to offer perks.

v j stauffer
03-17-2016, 12:44 AM
that's exactly why he was fined. public perception. and I'm totally fine with that. It's easy to sit here and point fingers when you really have no idea what goes on with these horses from a training standpoint. it's not all duckies and bunnies. sometimes getting horses to do what they're supposed to do isn't a pleasant or pretty business. Especially from the eyes of someone with no knowledge or experience of the process. these are 1200 lb animals. To get them to do as desired means you make them uncomfortable. They learn that they don't like to be uncomfortable. I'm not talking about abusing them. Just making them uncomfortable. And no I don't expect any of you to understand the difference. Anybody that thinks that jockey was beating that horse because he was trying to make him run faster has zero knowledge of what actually went on. Which is fine. That's not your job. It may or may not have been appropriate but it boils down to what the horse needed. None of us know what that was because we have zero knowledge of the horses traits or vices, etc. So we just look like fools when we make generalized statements about something we know nothing of.

There is nothing generalized by my statements. You act as though you are the only person with horsemanship on this site.

I am a licensed steward in the State of California. I have spent 40 years on the racetrack. Announcer, jockey's agent, bloodstock agent, TV host, racing secretary, assit. trainer, owner.

I feel I am sufficiently qualified to know how things work at the track. As well as what is and is not appropriate behavior.

The whip rules are not exclusive to the races. The outriders also police morning training.

If they sent a rider to either the racing secretary or stewards after this type abuse. One thing I would ask is if you as the trainer either condoned or instructed him to "teach" the horse this way. If so.

As the secretary you'd be looking for stalls somewhere else.

As Steward I'd be in your pocket with a fine. While deciding whether to involve the investigators and animal welfare.

Think I know what I'm talking about?

castaway01
03-17-2016, 07:58 AM
For the few defending this rider, all I can say is, if we're a site of hard-bitten gamblers who've seen it all and WE think this looks bad, what would the average person (much less PETA) think of it? It looks bad to us because it was unnecessarily brutal, and the punishment needs to deter the rider from doing something like this again. That's it.

Tall One
03-17-2016, 08:46 AM
Well said, Vic...:ThmbUp:

chadk66
03-17-2016, 07:22 PM
There is nothing generalized by my statements. You act as though you are the only person with horsemanship on this site.

I am a licensed steward in the State of California. I have spent 40 years on the racetrack. Announcer, jockey's agent, bloodstock agent, TV host, racing secretary, assit. trainer, owner.

I feel I am sufficiently qualified to know how things work at the track. As well as what is and is not appropriate behavior.

The whip rules are not exclusive to the races. The outriders also police morning training.

If they sent a rider to either the racing secretary or stewards after this type abuse. One thing I would ask is if you as the trainer either condoned or instructed him to "teach" the horse this way. If so.

As the secretary you'd be looking for stalls somewhere else.

As Steward I'd be in your pocket with a fine. While deciding whether to involve the investigators and animal welfare.

Think I know what I'm talking about?what you stated was you opinion and nothing more. Should he have whipped the horse like he did? probably not. But you and I weren't riding the horse. It may have been the only way to keep himself from getting a ride in a hearse. With all your vast knowledge you surely had to understand the horses behavior. But possibly not. Doesn't sound like you've ever ridden one so you may not be able to put yourself in that riders shoes. To fine him is great, the public needs to see that something was done for his behavior.

chadk66
03-17-2016, 07:28 PM
For the few defending this rider, all I can say is, if we're a site of hard-bitten gamblers who've seen it all and WE think this looks bad, what would the average person (much less PETA) think of it? It looks bad to us because it was unnecessarily brutal, and the punishment needs to deter the rider from doing something like this again. That's it.the whole Assmussen debacle looked/sounded extremely bad too. But little to nothing came of it. There is usually two sides to every story. The other side must have had a pretty compelling rebutal because it got swept under the rug in a hurry. Wish I knew the whole story. Back to the rider. I don't condone what he did, but as someone who has rode thousands of miles and broke well over a hundred horses, I can fully understand what was going through his head. When choosing between eating from a straw the rest of your life or paying a piss and fine, I don't think there's much choice to be made.

Stillriledup
03-17-2016, 07:28 PM
what you stated was you opinion and nothing more. Should he have whipped the horse like he did? probably not. But you and I weren't riding the horse. It may have been the only way to keep himself from getting a ride in a hearse. With all your vast knowledge you surely had to understand the horses behavior. But possibly not. Doesn't sound like you've ever ridden one so you may not be able to put yourself in that riders shoes. To fine him is great, the public needs to see that something was done for his behavior.

There's no way this was a corrective move, there was anger in these swats. Also, if this was the way jocks 'correct behavior' how come we don't see this all the time? Is this the only thoroughbred on the backstretches of America that needs correcting?

EMD4ME
03-17-2016, 07:36 PM
There's no way this was a corrective move, there was anger in these swats. Also, if this was the way jocks 'correct behavior' how come we don't see this all the time? Is this the only thoroughbred on the backstretches of America that needs correcting?

Well said SRU. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
03-17-2016, 07:43 PM
the whole Assmussen debacle looked/sounded extremely bad too. But little to nothing came of it. There is usually two sides to every story. The other side must have had a pretty compelling rebutal because it got swept under the rug in a hurry. Wish I knew the whole story. Back to the rider. I don't condone what he did, but as someone who has rode thousands of miles and broke well over a hundred horses, I can fully understand what was going through his head. When choosing between eating from a straw the rest of your life or paying a piss and fine, I don't think there's much choice to be made.

If the jock is hitting the daylights out of that horse due to fear, maybe he's in the wrong profession.

chadk66
03-17-2016, 08:02 PM
There's no way this was a corrective move, there was anger in these swats. Also, if this was the way jocks 'correct behavior' how come we don't see this all the time? Is this the only thoroughbred on the backstretches of America that needs correcting?that statement tells me a lot thanks:ThmbUp:

chadk66
03-17-2016, 08:04 PM
If the jock is hitting the daylights out of that horse due to fear, maybe he's in the wrong profession.very possible. there are people in every line of work that shouldn't be in that line of work. it goes without saying

Stillriledup
03-17-2016, 09:00 PM
that statement tells me a lot thanks:ThmbUp:

You're welcome, hopefully you learned something. ;)

Also, you didnt answer the question, is this the only thoroughbred in America that needs correcting? This jock didnt make the 'front page' because he did something that many jocks do during correction.

appistappis
03-17-2016, 09:27 PM

I was entered in a race at ft erie.......the he is 154 lbs over was embarrasing.

davew
03-17-2016, 09:56 PM
I was entered in a race at ft erie.......the he is 154 lbs over was embarrasing.

Was it one of those short races?

chadk66
03-17-2016, 10:32 PM
You're welcome, hopefully you learned something. ;)

Also, you didnt answer the question, is this the only thoroughbred in America that needs correcting? This jock didnt make the 'front page' because he did something that many jocks do during correction.99.9% have the corrections made before they are entered in a race. occasionally things like this happens. get over it. the business isn't all roses. training animals of any kind can be very challenging.

OntheRail
03-17-2016, 10:50 PM
Not only was it incessant, it was basically a full-throttle PUMMELING...it wasn't the number of times...it was the FORCE behind it...
With this I agree. And I'll tell you what... if that was my horse Rivera would have a limp for at least a week. :mad:

OntheRail
03-17-2016, 11:31 PM
I have... One was a former rodeo horse. Retrained to be a nice trail horse... could be a smart azz at times but was a sweet horse till the day he passed. Never once harmed me and I never him. Other was a Half Arab/Appaloosa mare a very game pony that that could turn on a dime and leave 7 cents change. Beat many horse in barrels and stake bends. She always had to lead the pack... and was smart as a whip. Both were mates for over 25 yrs... buried next to each other in the pasture. I don't break a horse I gain their trust and they in turn gain trust in you. I know others try and beat a lesson into them. Tell me what lesson do you think the Jockey was trying to teach in the race? Switch leads... maintain lane? Is that not the arena of training and works... where a lesson can be repeated till retained? It was a shameful display.

chadk66
03-18-2016, 06:41 PM
I have... One was a former rodeo horse. Retrained to be a nice trail horse... could be a smart azz at times but was a sweet horse till the day he passed. Never once harmed me and I never him. Other was a Half Arab/Appaloosa mare a very game pony that that could turn on a dime and leave 7 cents change. Beat many horse in barrels and stake bends. She always had to lead the pack... and was smart as a whip. Both were mates for over 25 yrs... buried next to each other in the pasture. I don't break a horse I gain their trust and they in turn gain trust in you. I know others try and beat a lesson into them. Tell me what lesson do you think the Jockey was trying to teach in the race? Switch leads... maintain lane? Is that not the arena of training and works... where a lesson can be repeated till retained? It was a shameful display.it was pretty obvious he was trying to keep the horse from bolting to the outside rail and probably putting the jock in a wheel chair or worse. but what do I know. Sure it was ugly and most would feel unnecessary. But he probably did what he did out of fear of being crippled. I'm sure he thought the fine would be trivial. But 99% of the people watching have no clue what was going on and how a guy with his irons jacked up that high was going to prevent this horse for blowing over the outside rail.

EMD4ME
03-18-2016, 09:25 PM
it was pretty obvious he was trying to keep the horse from bolting to the outside rail and probably putting the jock in a wheel chair or worse. but what do I know. Sure it was ugly and most would feel unnecessary. But he probably did what he did out of fear of being crippled. I'm sure he thought the fine would be trivial. But 99% of the people watching have no clue what was going on and how a guy with his irons jacked up that high was going to prevent this horse for blowing over the outside rail.

OK, on behalf of everyone who is thinking but won't say it. On behalf of everyone who is SICK of your ASSININE COMMENTS on here I'll say it.

You're dead wrong.

This horse chased from the outside most of the way. This horse was spent by the time the poor thing hit the 1/4.

The horse was wide on the far turn but was wide due to post, not due to attempting to run to the outside rail.

The poor innocent horsie, yes, that's what they are to me, horsies, straightened out JUST fine as they angled into the lane.

This POS excuse for a jock, took his frustrations out on this poor soul. Yes, Chad, they have a soul......

This horse was never a threat to bolt or drift to the outer rail.

This horse was moving so slow, your belated intermittent responses seem quicker than this poor thing's tired strides.

If the jock was saving his life as you say, then why did he gallop out calmly and inward (meaning making the left hand turn well into the clubhouse turn after the race)???????????????????????????????

Mind you, Perez didn't need to bash this poor horse to make that appropriate left hand turn gallop out.

Your pathetic attempt to cover up for one of your own, is just that, pathetic.

You lost all credibility with your recent statements. Or at least most of your credibility.

Stillriledup
03-18-2016, 10:48 PM
OK, on behalf of everyone who is thinking but won't say it. On behalf of everyone who is SICK of your ASSININE COMMENTS on here I'll say it.

You're dead wrong.

This horse chased from the outside most of the way. This horse was spent by the time the poor thing hit the 1/4.

The horse was wide on the far turn but was wide due to post, not due to attempting to run to the outside rail.

The poor innocent horsie, yes, that's what they are to me, horsies, straightened out JUST fine as they angled into the lane.

This POS excuse for a jock, took his frustrations out on this poor soul. Yes, Chad, they have a soul......

This horse was moving so slow, your belated intermittent responses seem quicker than this poor thing's tired strides.

If the jock was saving his life as you say, then why did he gallop out calmly and inward (meaning making the left hand turn well into the clubhouse turn after the race)???????????????????????????????

Mind you, Perez didn't need to bash this poor horse to make that appropriate left hand turn gallop out.

You lost all credibility with your recent statements. Or at least most of your credibility.

CHad is just trolling the thread, and nobody here takes him seriously or thinks he's right, I asked him a question about all the horses who need 'correction' and now come this was the only one that made front page news and he conveniently didnt answer the question. It's good he's not a trainer anymore, a guy like ths shouldn't be allowed around animals.

chaz63
03-19-2016, 04:42 AM
Kick him out of the sport.....period. And Pennsylvania....who runs racing there? A bunch of felons? (or maybe some should be felons)

chaz63
03-19-2016, 04:43 AM
Ugh. Poor horse.
Exactly......PETA will have a field day with this

OntheRail
03-19-2016, 01:10 PM
it was pretty obvious he was trying to keep the horse from bolting to the outside rail and probably putting the jock in a wheel chair or worse. but what do I know. Sure it was ugly and most would feel unnecessary. But he probably did what he did out of fear of being crippled. I'm sure he thought the fine would be trivial. But 99% of the people watching have no clue what was going on and how a guy with his irons jacked up that high was going to prevent this horse for blowing over the outside rail.
Come On You Don't Really Believe THAT! Do You? The Mare did not attempt to bolt for the outside rail... the jackass on her back was in no danger of being a cripple other then a case of mental midget when he lost his mind and beat the hell out of her with that hatchet job. Forgetthefantasy... We are talking about a 6 year old mare... 41 starts last raced in Dec. only one published work in Feb 42/42. Looks more of a case of piss-poor prep coupled with a pissed off jockey.

This is veering and bolting... I don't see any beat-down here.

1FpaIIKdah4

chadk66
03-20-2016, 03:56 PM

You're dead wrong.

You lost all credibility with your recent statements. Or at least most of your credibility.if yo look back at my statements I said I didn't condone the jocks action. But that we shouldn't necessarily pass judgement because we weren't on the horse. If you couldn't see that the horse was getting out badly you probably need to give up betting on them;)

Stillriledup
03-20-2016, 04:22 PM
if yo look back at my statements I said I didn't condone the jocks action. But that we shouldn't necessarily pass judgement because we weren't on the horse. If you couldn't see that the horse was getting out badly you probably need to give up betting on them;)

Should we not pass judgment on ray rice? After all, we weren't in that elevator.

chadk66
03-20-2016, 05:26 PM
Should we not pass judgment on ray rice? After all, we weren't in that elevator.there was pretty obvious evidence on the woman's face. Do you have the pictures of the horse?

davew
03-20-2016, 05:55 PM
This is veering and bolting... I don't see any beat-down here.

1FpaIIKdah4

The jock hit in front a couple times on the corner bolt, and cranked the head to the left sideways pretty hard. The second bolt when the jockey went between the starting gate and rail, they lost their right stirrup and were trying to hold on for their life. They were extremely lucky not to have themselves or the horse seriously injured.

I would not use this as a good example of how a jockey should handle a bolting horse.