PDA

View Full Version : XP Help

Tom
06-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Is there a way to set explorer so that I can see (and change) file extensions? Tried everything, no luck. Also, is there a program out there that will do what Tools>Find used to do, that is find files? I "find" the current search fucntion almost totally worthless.
Why is it that everytime MS comes out with a new product, they screw up tings that used to work fine?
After using XP for a while now, I have concluded it is a horrible program and am going to install W98SE on my second computer instead of going to XP-XP just is far too slow and cumbersome for me. It is a loathsome program and does noting better than 98 that I can see.

Tom
06-26-2004, 06:31 PM
And another thing, all of a sudden, I cannot cut and paste or copy and paste anything at all. What is with this POS program?

JustRalph
06-26-2004, 07:13 PM
tom

run system restore. take it back before you had the problems

start-run- type in "msconfig" hit enter

when the window opens.........at the bottom you will see

"launch system restore" and go from there

Tom
06-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Thanks, JR...it worked.
Is the a command line in there, something like, "become MAC machine" hehehe!

so.cal.fan
06-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Why do these things keep happening to Tom?
It's almost like Bill Gates put a curse on our dear sweet monkey.
Thanks to Ralph, Tom can relax tonight without nightmares of Microsoft horrors!

Bubbles
06-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
It's almost like Bill Gates put a curse on our dear sweet monkey.

The Curse of the Rotten Banana. :) :D ;)

Jesus, sounds like a cheap 1960's horror flick. "Watch what happens when a computer monkey gets hexed by a tycoon of the cyberspace industry."

Now playing at a theatre near you.

:rolleyes:

JustRalph
06-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Thanks, JR...it worked.
Is the a command line in there, something like, "become MAC machine" hehehe!

tom....the best thing you can do now is try to figure out what you installed or deleted or whatever..........since the date of your restore. This may tell you what caused your problem. Now that you know how to do this.......you are way ahead.

You are welcome.............

Tom
06-26-2004, 08:34 PM
The funny thing is, I was in the middle of just moving files around. Suddenly, the paste function stopped working.
Thanks again for the tip. The hammer I was going to use is vack in the bottom drawer. :D

trying2win
06-27-2004, 01:14 AM
Ralph has given us a lot of terrific computer help at this site. I've been the beneficiary of some of that help myself. For that, I am grateful. I wonder he's thinking of asking PA to add a Pay Pal tab at the bottom of his posts. Then again if he did ask, PA would probably want a Pay Pal tab for himself as well...LOL.

T2W