PDA

View Full Version : AQU--John Bisono Objection Race #3

chenoa
03-13-2016, 02:27 PM
There is more brushing and bumping getting onto the subway!!!
Seriously!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bello
03-13-2016, 02:31 PM
Yeah but is it really appropriate for the trainer of the Six Rudy Rodriguez to be giving the winner of the 5 a nice warm handshake in the winners circle before the objection was disallowed. Rudy was spending more time awaiting the inquiry result with Cornelio and not with his own jock

And no, I am not posting this to be troublesome, It occurred as clear as day.
Not cool.

chenoa
03-13-2016, 02:34 PM
Yeah but is it really appropriate for the trainer of the Six Rudy Rodriguez to be giving the winner of the 5 a nice warm handshake in the winners circle before the objection was disallowed. Rudy was spending more time awaiting the inquiry result with Cornelio and not with his own jock

Not cool.

I agree with you, that's not right.

EMD4ME
03-13-2016, 02:37 PM

Not cool.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Incest=NYRA racing

No conflicts of interest in NY :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
03-13-2016, 03:01 PM

Not cool.

Interesting.

Actions speak louder than words in Ozone Park.

I guess they figured nobody was watching. :eek:

EMD4ME
03-13-2016, 03:07 PM
Interesting.

Nothing like the trainer of the OBJECTING HORSE, HUGGING THE JOCKEY OF THE WINNER DURING THE INQUIRY.

INDEFENSIBLE.

Stillriledup
03-13-2016, 03:13 PM
Nothing like the trainer of the OBJECTING HORSE, HUGGING THE JOCKEY OF THE WINNER DURING THE INQUIRY.

INDEFENSIBLE.

:lol:

"Only in America"

- Don King

EMD4ME
03-13-2016, 03:17 PM

"Only in America"

- Don King

"Especially at NYRA"

-EMD4ME (QUOTE)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bello
03-13-2016, 03:20 PM
It was pretty weird. May have been a new cameraman or just someone who did not pick up on the impropriety of the scene they were focusing on.

There are some harness tracks that will now fine drivers for speaking to one another before the race ( while scoring) or after the race while heading back to the paddock.

But in the midst of the inner track crew being accused or viewed by some ( any are too many) of being one big happy family, there should at least be some effort made not to feed the negative perception.

johnhannibalsmith
03-13-2016, 05:45 PM
I can only imagine how many times I've been caught on camera offering congratulations and shaking the hand of the trainer that just beat me while walking past the winner's circle. I'd just assume that people would figure it was sportsmanship and genuine praise and not a piece of key evidence in the orchestration behind getting my own horse beat and cashing on the winner.

chenoa
03-13-2016, 06:20 PM

"Only in America"

- Don King

"Let's make America great again!!" :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
03-13-2016, 06:43 PM
I can only imagine how many times I've been caught on camera offering congratulations and shaking the hand of the trainer that just beat me while walking past the winner's circle. I'd just assume that people would figure it was sportsmanship and genuine praise and not a piece of key evidence in the orchestration behind getting my own horse beat and cashing on the winner.

Shaking hands in a congratulatory fashion, just like QB's/head coaches do in football, is acceptable.

It's when you are hugging and playing with the "enemy" (an enemy for at least 1 minute and 40 seconds) WHILE an objection is lodged by YOUR JOCKEY against that enemy, that looks terrible.

Huge difference IMHO

johnhannibalsmith
03-13-2016, 07:58 PM
I guess I just won't ever be able to understand the huge distinction.

Stillriledup
03-13-2016, 08:07 PM
I guess I just won't ever be able to understand the huge distinction.

I guess the difference is between shaking hands and being on your way vs 'hanging out' and socializing.

johnhannibalsmith
03-13-2016, 08:59 PM
So if I had stuck around at the trainer's request to get in the photo at that point I've stepped over to the dark side, I guess. Really guys, I don't get this one at all. Most of these people spend most of their mornings chatting it up at the rail and the afternoons eating and drinking together in the grandstand. Being friendly shouldn't really be cause for concern unless you've really gotten yourself convinced that every last thing is rotten at its core. Maybe that's the distinction here. I don't buy that part.

EMD4ME
03-13-2016, 09:25 PM
So if I had stuck around at the trainer's request to get in the photo at that point I've stepped over to the dark side, I guess. Really guys, I don't get this one at all. Most of these people spend most of their mornings chatting it up at the rail and the afternoons eating and drinking together in the grandstand. Being friendly shouldn't really be cause for concern unless you've really gotten yourself convinced that every last thing is rotten at its core. Maybe that's the distinction here. I don't buy that part.

Please allow me to ask you this:

If you were just a player (no ownership, not a trainer, not a jock agent) and wagered a haf a million a year AND on countless occassions you saw "friendly"/"curious" rides amongt the fraternity, would you see it as you see it?

johnhannibalsmith
03-13-2016, 09:38 PM
Please allow me to ask you this:

If you were just a player (no ownership, not a trainer, not a jock agent) and wagered a haf a million a year AND on countless occassions you saw "friendly"/"curious" rides amongt the fraternity, would you see it as you see it?

Would I leap to the conclusions that have been alluded to in this thread if I was skeptical of "curious" rides?

I doubt it. I see rides all the time that leave me shaking my head. But seeing the scenario described in this thread wouldn't automatically tag it to be filed away as some new chapter in the holy bible of bettor ****ing.

EMD4ME
03-13-2016, 10:07 PM
Would I leap to the conclusions that have been alluded to in this thread if I was skeptical of "curious" rides?

I doubt it. I see rides all the time that leave me shaking my head. But seeing the scenario described in this thread wouldn't automatically tag it to be filed away as some new chapter in the holy bible of bettor ****ing.

I would hope we agree that it just doesn't look right. If not, we agree to disagree. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
03-13-2016, 10:31 PM

Even if it's all on the up and up, it's bad for perception. It's also rubbing the noses of the customers in it. If you are a fan of the Red Sox and you possess deep profound and personal hate towards all things NY and all things pinstripes, do you really want to see Kevin Youkilis slapping Derek Jeter on the rear end and yukking it up at 3rd base while awaiting a pitching change? It kind of makes you feel silly knowing that you hate the rivals more than the players do.

It's part of the 'show' why not just ACT like you hate your rival? Do you really need to make a PDA in the middle of the event?

Tall One
03-13-2016, 10:51 PM
Not a good example. Free agency has almost killed the true rivalries in pro sports. The only ones that keep that going ARE the fans.

Only exception Bird and Laimbeer. They openly admit they still hate each other. Lol..

-Now, back on topic. If it wasn't Rudy Rod, who IMO, is pretty shady, and Cornelio who's riding tactics have been discussed before, would we be debating this?

EMD4ME
03-13-2016, 11:04 PM
Not a good example. Free agency has almost killed the true rivalries in pro sports. The only ones that keep that going ARE the fans.

Only exception Bird and Laimbeer. They openly admit they still hate each other. Lol..

-Now, back on topic. If it wasn't Rudy Rod, who IMO, is pretty shady, and Cornelio who's riding tactics have been discussed before, would we be debating this?

Yes, I don't care if it's Borel and Castellano hugging eachother. I'd still not like it.

It's a gambling game and a purse game where money is up for grabs in every race.

I love to see jocks angry, owners angry, trainers angry after a race (if they lost). Not hugging the jock of the guy who just beat me by a close head.

Tall One
03-13-2016, 11:10 PM
Other than Nakatani, who was going through a lot of personal issues, when's the last time a jock went after another jock? And keep in mind, Nakatani tried knocking the other jock--may have been Flores--off his mount just past the finish line.

This sport deals with a lot of gentlemen's agreements...don't think you'll see the outrage except in the stands.

Tall One
03-13-2016, 11:16 PM
Wait..was it Rosario that you said Iherd tried running into the infield of the Belmont inner turf last summer?

It was a 10 page thread..one of them got days iirc..or Rosario got hurt. Something happened to cause uproar.

EMD4ME
03-14-2016, 12:12 AM
Wait..was it Rosario that you said Iherd tried running into the infield of the Belmont inner turf last summer?

It was a 10 page thread..one of them got days iirc..or Rosario got hurt. Something happened to cause uproar.

Rosario didn't intentionally try and put Iherd into the infield but he almost did :lol:

It was IMHO, a bullshit DQ as Iherd caused caused all the trouble. It's in the DQ thread.

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 12:54 AM
Other than Nakatani, who was going through a lot of personal issues, when's the last time a jock went after another jock? And keep in mind, Nakatani tried knocking the other jock--may have been Flores--off his mount just past the finish line.

This sport deals with a lot of gentlemen's agreements...don't think you'll see the outrage except in the stands.

He knocked Ryan Barber (I think) off a horse on the gallop out. He also knocked Javy Santiago off a horse during a race.

v j stauffer
03-14-2016, 01:58 AM

Ryan Barber

NorCalGreg
03-14-2016, 05:16 AM
Yes, I don't care if it's Borel and Castellano hugging eachother. I'd still not like it.

It's a gambling game and a purse game where money is up for grabs in every race.

I love to see jocks angry, owners angry, trainers angry after a race (if they lost). Not hugging the jock of the guy who just beat me by a close head.

I actually agree 100%, EMD & SRU....you ever watch an NFL game...game's over, one team has totally humiliated the other--and players on the LOSING SIDE are laughing, giggling...enjoying a funny moment with players on the winning team?
I wasn't around during Vince Lombardi's days--but I don't believe that would occur on his watch.

One other thing I just remembered---I was watching a race--might have been New York.
After the race...the winner galloped out, turned his mount around..and as another horse & jockey passed by---they HI-FIVED!

You probably had to see it---but it just didn't look appropriate--at that time, in that moment.
Think SRU pretty much summed it up with the Red Sox comment.

biggestal99
03-14-2016, 05:19 AM

How bout this one. We have the favourite in a race at Sam Houston a few years ago.
she jogs at 3-2. Glen Murphy up. who do we see in the winners circle pic?
don simington smiling for all to see. :-)

Allan

NY BRED
03-14-2016, 07:22 AM
now i'm really crazed, lost this race,thought i saw the issue,
TVG made not mention.
Would have scored with a $6.00 pick five..

Guess it helps when you train for a board member

Kash$
03-14-2016, 07:28 AM
Interesting.

Nobody is at the track SRU...

johnhannibalsmith
03-14-2016, 10:38 AM
Think SRU pretty much summed it up with the Red Sox comment.

Except that I resisted the urge to feed him with a vastly better analogy that I've never heard anyone bitch about. I've never heard anyone be infuriated with two boxers embracing after the final bell before the judges' decision.

EMD4ME
03-14-2016, 10:40 AM
Nobody is at the track SRU...

Except for me and the diehards :lol: All 7 of us! :lol: :lol:

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Except for me and the diehards :lol: All 7 of us! :lol: :lol:
And tens of millions at home watching on TV! :D