PDA

View Full Version : tracks that dont take "rebate shops"

bobbyt62
03-12-2016, 05:35 PM
is there any sizable handled track (> 500,000 per day total handle) that doesnt take the rebate bettors money ? which smaller ones dont ? how do you find out ?

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Do you really think racetracks have detailed lists of every single outlet out there and which ones provide rebates? Hell, it's hard for CUSTOMERS to figure out sometimes whether or not rebates are provided.... :lol:

bobbyt62
03-12-2016, 05:44 PM
i should have stated that better.... i mean "robot" money, rebate money, the guys that effectively bet into a small takeout, which exacerbates the difficulty of winning if you cant get the same deal.... i have heard oaklawn doesnt get "their" play, wanted to know if they're alone. as steve crist has pointed out, its VERY difficult stepping in front of that negative expectation. im hoping some of the small track guys (will rogers -level ) guys comment on whether they know tracks where one can compete at level terms. glad you found my question amusing, moderator.

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2016, 05:48 PM
I think there was another thread about this fairly recently...

Stillriledup
03-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Tampa and Oaklawn.

green80
03-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Tampa and Oaklawn.

It is more evident at Oaklawn

Fox
03-13-2016, 10:22 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/i-robot-the-future-of-horse-race-wagering/

There is a blurb in that article from 2013 about TAM and OP being unfriendly to computerized robotic wagering. That said, you can get a rebate on any track and you can bet robotically at any track, including TAM and OP.

green80
03-13-2016, 10:45 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/i-robot-the-future-of-horse-race-wagering/

There is a blurb in that article from 2013 about TAM and OP being unfriendly to computerized robotic wagering. That said, you can get a rebate on any track and you can bet robotically at any track, including TAM and OP.

This is true but some tracks try to discourage rebates and crw by not discounting their signal fees. Without the discounted signal fee the ADW's cannot offer much of a rebate. The rebate players with their crw's simply migrate to the tracks where they can get the best rebates.

bobbyt62
03-14-2016, 05:22 AM
green80, youve helped me clear up what i'm asking about. which tracks dont offer a discounted signal , is what i should be seeking. guys getting 3% rebates on win (me and most here , i assume) have a nearly insurmountable task (financially, not win percentage wise) agaist guys getting 8-10% (or more). i m not here to argue with sru about whether rebates matter, im just looking for leads about thoroughbred tracks where all wagerers are on a (nearly) level field---nearly because some guys get nothing (!!!!!) back . is it same to assume that tracks with small handles dont rebate signals, so these rebate guys arent there (fairmount, will rogers, etc). ?? ant large ones besides tampa and oiaklawn ?

Augenj
03-14-2016, 06:07 AM

That's a very informative article. Thanks.

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 12:39 PM
green80, youve helped me clear up what i'm asking about. which tracks dont offer a discounted signal , is what i should be seeking. guys getting 3% rebates on win (me and most here , i assume) have a nearly insurmountable task (financially, not win percentage wise) agaist guys getting 8-10% (or more). i m not here to argue with sru about whether rebates matter, im just looking for leads about thoroughbred tracks where all wagerers are on a (nearly) level field---nearly because some guys get nothing (!!!!!) back . is it same to assume that tracks with small handles dont rebate signals, so these rebate guys arent there (fairmount, will rogers, etc). ?? ant large ones besides tampa and oiaklawn ?

There's rebate bettors in almost every pool, even the smallest tracks.

green80
03-14-2016, 08:10 PM

Funny you mention Will Rogers, I get over a10% rebate a will rogers, even with the small pools. It's not the handle or pool size, it's the track's arrangement with the adw. My view on the rebates is if you can't beat em, join em.

green80
03-14-2016, 08:15 PM
There's rebate bettors in almost every pool, even the smallest tracks.

This is true, they just can't bet very much.

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 08:17 PM
This is true, they just can't bet very much.

The percentages are the same but you're right, the amounts are much smaller.