PDA

View Full Version : CNN Republican Debate

OntheRail
03-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Okay a slot for your comments about the CNN debate.

Ding Ding!!

Let the Fight begin!

Stillriledup
03-10-2016, 09:06 PM
Buckle up!

OntheRail
03-10-2016, 09:47 PM
No real mixing it up despite the refs pushing. Just dancing around the ring.

zico20
03-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Rubio sounded great on Cuba while Trump needs to study up on Cuba. Trump did have a great line when he said a lot of Muslims hate America. Thankfully all the childish behavior was lacking and the candidates stuck to policy.

Rubio really hurt himself on the last debate, tonight he sounded much more presidential and confident. I am afraid it is a little too late, although maybe this debate propels him to winning Florida.

All four of the candidates did well, although Trump did not win tonight. His answer on Social Security was very weak. Nobody believes that cutting waste, fraud and abuse will make Social Security solvent, which is what Trump thinks. The moderator called him out on this and he had no answer to it.

Nutz and Boltz
03-10-2016, 10:47 PM
Rubio isn't sweating much tonight. :)

fast4522
03-10-2016, 11:07 PM
Rubio isn't sweating much tonight. :)

The math has been done, the fork has stuck him and he is all done.

OntheRail
03-10-2016, 11:17 PM
The other three have been integrated in the political system. Trump is not a politician but a businessman. And when he talked about waste and fraud... I don't think he's talking just about SS but all corners of every program. So when you take the totality for ALL the waste and fraud and apply those saving across the bottom line those ADD UP HUGE.

Just like the illegals we have 11-21m here we can't do anything about them. But if we did something when it was 500 thou. or a mill. could of controlled it better instead they kicked it down the road.

Well if you don't start you can't make a dent... same with waste and fraud. From no bid contracts or turtle gate. At some point you have to pick up the can and put it in a pocket. I believe Trump like's the idea of trying that. ;)

redshift1
03-10-2016, 11:17 PM
Rubio sounded great on Cuba while Trump needs to study up on Cuba. Trump did have a great line when he said a lot of Muslims hate America. Thankfully all the childish behavior was lacking and the candidates stuck to policy.

Rubio really hurt himself on the last debate, tonight he sounded much more presidential and confident. I am afraid it is a little too late, although maybe this debate propels him to winning Florida.

All four of the candidates did well, although Trump did not win tonight. His answer on Social Security was very weak. Nobody believes that cutting waste, fraud and abuse will make Social Security solvent, which is what Trump thinks. The moderator called him out on this and he had no answer to it.

Trump and glittering generalties go hand in hand as entertaining as he is the substance is just not there.

HalvOnHorseracing
03-10-2016, 11:22 PM
The other three have been integrated in the political system. Trump is not a politician but a businessman. And when he talked about waste and fraud... I don't think he's talking just about SS but all corners of every program. So when you take the totality for ALL the waste and fraud and apply those saving across the bottom line those ADD UP HUGE.

Just like the illegals we have 11-21m here we can't do anything about them. But if we did something when it was 500 thou. or a mill. could of controlled it better instead they kicked it down the road.

Well if you don't start you can't make a dent... same with waste and fraud. From no bid contracts or turtle gate. At some point you have to pick up the can and put it in a pocket. I believe Trump like's the idea of trying that. ;)
Turtle gate?

Stillriledup
03-10-2016, 11:28 PM

Once the wall is built, the flow stops.

Even if the current people here stay, things get better.

OntheRail
03-10-2016, 11:31 PM
Turtle gate?
Come on... we talked about it a few threads ago... :lol:

Stillriledup
03-11-2016, 12:24 AM
Trump and glittering generalties go hand in hand as entertaining as he is the substance is just not there.

But isn't the entertainment enough? I don't always watch Tv, but when I do, I gravitate to what entertains me the most.

fast4522
03-11-2016, 01:16 AM
The GOP has had so many debates everyone here is getting bored.

ReplayRandall
03-11-2016, 01:29 AM

Just have Trump win Florida and maybe Ohio, then the suffering of boredom will cease......

Tom
03-11-2016, 07:40 AM

They just been picked up for a second season.

Flysofree
03-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Just have Trump win Florida and maybe Ohio, then the suffering of boredom will cease......

As I said last week, If Trump wins OHIO, it's over. Looks like Kasich wins there, but have been surprised before.

forced89
03-11-2016, 08:49 AM
If Kasich wins Ohio and Cruz wins either Missouri or North Carolina, we are off to the races. At that point I think it is 65-35 that Trump gets the nomination.

classhandicapper
03-11-2016, 09:08 AM
I thought Rubio had his best night of any of the debates. Too little too late.

Saratoga_Mike
03-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Let's review Trump's position(s) on H1B visas:

Within a few days of the prior GOP debate, he OPPOSED H1Bs.

During that debate, he said he changed his mind (fair enough - he's so ignorant on so many matters that he needed to educate himself) - he SUPPORTED H1Bs.

After that debate, his staff said, "no, no, he really OPPOSES H1Bs."

Last night, he again OPPOSED H1Bs????

How many positions can one take within a matter of three weeks? What a total joke.

Flysofree
03-11-2016, 09:40 AM

During that debate, he said he changed his mind (fair enough - he's so ignorant on so many matters that he needed to educate himself) - he SUPPORTED H1Bs.

How many positions can one take within a matter of three weeks? What a total joke.

You have stated my thoughts exactly....But he's the MASTER con man of our time and that plays well to the people that feel disheartened.

Saratoga_Mike
03-11-2016, 09:49 AM
You have stated my thoughts exactly....But he's the MASTER con man of our time and that plays well to the people that feel disheartened.

The sheep love him.

classhandicapper
03-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Trump is very in touch with the things that are pissing people off (often for very legitimate reasons) and convincing them that only an outsider (him) will be able to overhaul and change the system because he's smarter than politicians and not corrupted by other people's money.

rastajenk
03-11-2016, 09:56 AM
I don't consider myself a sheeple; and I certainly don't love him. But I think he's a refreshing change of pace. I will vote for Kasich before Tuesday, but I will gladly vote for Trump in November.

Saratoga_Mike
03-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Trump is very in touch with the things that are pissing people off (often for very legitimate reasons) and convincing them that only an outsider (him) will be able to overhaul and change the system because he's smarter than politicians and not corrupted by other people's money.

He's probably a very intelligent person. I just think he's intellectually lazy and ill/under-informed. I don't want a president who makes decisions based on gut feel; it didn't work out to well under GWB.

Nutz and Boltz
03-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Yeah, but they are wrong. He is as corrupt as any .

Rookies
03-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Drumpf was on CNN baring his soul about his multiple personalities!

Like everyone hadn't figured that out, long ago. :lol:

Tom
03-11-2016, 10:38 AM
I thought Rubio had his best night of any of the debates. Too little too late.

Yew, he didn't wet his pants. :lol:

reckless
03-11-2016, 12:56 PM
They just been picked up for a second season.

Very funny Tom. One of your better snarks.

Flysofree
03-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Yeah, but they are wrong. He is as corrupt as any .
He is definately a USER of the system...Giving Money to both sides in a political race. He said when he was getting married he called the Clintons and said "be there" and they were... I mean it's sad but makes you laugh.
He talks very well...out of both sides of his mouth. I don't even think he believes what he says frequently.
Reminds me of a wealthy George Wallace type from long ago.

Tom
03-11-2016, 02:26 PM
Very funny Tom. One of your better snarks.

*sing*
Here's a story, of a man named Trump,
Who was running against 9 other humps
All of them had lies to tell, same old same old,
The youngest one, small......hands.

Here's a lady, who's very shady,
At this point, what difference does it make,
She tells lies and sends her emails out,
Without encryption, what has that old bitch done.

And that's the way they all became the Shady Bunch!

woodtoo
03-11-2016, 02:32 PM
*sing*
Here's a story, of a man named Trump,
Who was running against 9 other humps
All of them had lies to tell, same old same old,
The youngest one, small......hands.

Here's a lady, who's very shady,
At this point, what difference does it make,
She tells lies and sends her emails out,
Without encryption, what has that old bitch done.

And that's the way they all became the Shady Bunch!
:D love it.

classhandicapper
03-11-2016, 02:33 PM
He's probably a very intelligent person. I just think he's intellectually lazy and ill/under-informed. I don't want a president who makes decisions based on gut feel; it didn't work out to well under GWB.

I agree with you. I see him as a guy that will say things based on intuition before he has actually researched it carefully. Normally you can get away with that, but sometimes there are key details you are missing and you have to backtrack.

Honestly, I have the same flaw, but if Trump is similar to me I don't think it would be as bad as George Bush.

In discussions about horses for example, I will sometimes express views based on intuition even though I haven't researched the topic thoroughly. Then later I find out I was wrong. The difference is that you won't see me emptying my wallet on things I haven't researched. So not much harm comes of it. If he's more careful before actually implementing policy, it would be a tolerable flaw.

TJDave
03-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Reminds me of a wealthy George Wallace type from long ago.

Trump and Wallace supporters are a perfect fit:

"Next time, we may have to kill him."

woodtoo
03-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Little Marko telling his supporters to vote for Kasich in Ohio...
you aint getting brokered in Marko and will soon be out of politics after you get Trumped in Florida.

Flysofree
03-11-2016, 03:31 PM

"Next time, we may have to kill him."

They're very close for sure in their rhetoric.

Stillriledup
03-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Little Marko telling his supporters to vote for Kasich in Ohio...
you aint getting brokered in Marko and will soon be out of politics after you get Trumped in Florida.

This stuff is disingenuous, but it's little Marko, so none of us are surprised.

betovernetcapper
03-11-2016, 04:34 PM
When Trump said that at the convention, the person with the most delegates should automatically become the nominee, I saw it a sign that he doesn't believe he'll hit the magic number of 1200+. This would leave it open to a brokered convention giving Cruz a great shot. :)

Redboard
03-11-2016, 05:50 PM
When Trump said that at the convention, the person with the most delegates should automatically become the nominee, I saw it a sign that he doesn't believe he'll hit the magic number of 1200+. This would leave it open to a brokered convention giving Cruz a great shot. :)

If that happens, Rubio would have a shot too. A lot of people would breathe a sigh of relief.

Paddy Power 3/11/16
Republican candidate for President in the 2016 US Presidential Election

Donald Trump 1/3
Ted Cruz 9/2
John Kasich 11/1
Marco Rubio 22/1
Paul Ryan 33/1
Mitt Romney 40/1

rastajenk
03-11-2016, 05:55 PM
It may give Cruz a great shot at the nomination, but he would get killed in the general, even by a tainted candidate like Hillary. Because all those who were brought into the party via open primaries aren't just going to roll over and accept the next best R. In this event, ideological purity is political suicide.

barahona44
03-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Will the kinder, gentler Trump play out among his core supporters? They love him for the red meat he tosses out; not sure how they"ll react to the tofu and wheatgerm.

Redboard
03-11-2016, 06:45 PM
His core supporters have been trying to get him to “tone down” for months now. He’s finally getting it, duh! The guy just opened his mouth too much, we all knew it. It’s a fact that the negative tv ads have dropped his approval rating among women over 20% in some states. We know that there would be be more of those coming as November approaches.

The GOP could’ve have put up a wooden Indian and it would have beaten Hillary. But now, they’re giving people a reason to go out to the polls. He blew it big time.

woodtoo
03-11-2016, 07:01 PM
His core supporters have been trying to get him to “tone down” for months now. He’s finally getting it, duh! The guy just opened his mouth too much, we all knew it. It’s a fact that the negative tv ads have dropped his approval rating among women over 20% in some states. We know that there would be be more of those coming as November approaches.

The GOP could’ve have put up a wooden Indian and it would have beaten Hillary. But now, they’re giving people a reason to go out to the polls. He blew it big time.
Hillary would beat any wooden indian, for sure. but she may lose in the totum poll

classhandicapper
03-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Re: Cruz.

I understand that many on the left are turned off by religion being a big part of his life. As a libertarian, I think it would be a terrible idea for religion to drive policy. But to be quite honest, I agree with religious people on many things anyway, just for different reasons and without the imposition on others. The potential downside of my principles being violated on that would be a better result. So I don't fear that much at all.

The thing I don't understand is why people don't like him personally.

I've watched dozens of interviews with Cruz. I've seen him discuss policy seriously. I've seen him in more relaxed environments. I've seen him with his family. As far as I can tell, he's an extremely bright guy, has a terrific sense of humor, has a great family, seems to be a great husband and father, loves America, loves the rule of law and the constitution, would put America and the American people first, and has no delusions about how the world works etc.. It's hard for me to find a flaw other than some of the sneaky things his campaign has done, that some people may be turned off by his religion, and he's a tad stiff at times.

When I compare him to people like Obama and Clinton, it's like comparing a pair of evil serpents from the depths of hell to an angel from God. That someone like Clinton could beat Cruz says everything you need to know about how the minds of Americans have been twisted by years of leftist values and delusions coming from the left wing media and entertainment industry.

NJ Stinks
03-11-2016, 10:10 PM

I understand that many on the left are turned off by religion being a big part of his life. As a libertarian, I think it would be a terrible idea for religion to drive policy. But to be quite honest, I agree with religious people on many things anyway, just for different reasons and without the imposition on others. The potential downside of my principles being violated on that would be a better result. So I don't fear that much at all.

I've watched dozens of interviews with Cruz. I've seen him discuss policy seriously. I've seen him in more relaxed environments. I've seen him with his family. As far as I can tell, he's an extremely bright guy, has a terrific sense of humor, has a great family, seems to be a great husband and father, loves America, loves the rule of law and the constitution, would put America and the American people first, and has no delusions about how the world works etc.. It's hard for me to find a flaw other than some of the sneaky things his campaign has done, that some people may be turned off by his religion, and he's a tad stiff at times.

When I compare him to people like Obama and Clinton, it's like comparing a pair of evil serpents from the depths of hell to an angel from God. That someone like Clinton could beat Cruz says everything you need to know about how the minds of Americans have been twisted by years of leftist values and delusions coming from the left wing media and entertainment industry.

What are you drinking tonight?

Cruz finally got one fellow senator to back him this week because that senator is so "anybody but Trump". Yet you wonder why most people prefer Obama and even Clinton over your misunderstood shiny beacon of human virtue. :rolleyes:

At the very least, I don't think Cruz "knows how the world works". If he did, he would be more interested in securing healthcare for all Americans and other ideals that put his fellow Americans first.

kingfin66
03-12-2016, 12:27 AM

I think doing sneaky things to get elected is a bad thing. Cruz does not hold a patent on this, but it is significant in my opinion. I agree that Cruz is extremely intelligent, but it is the way that he uses his brain that is of concern to me. I think he has sufficiently demonstrated an inability to collaborate, compromise and get along with people in general. He argues that his lack of flexibility is a principal. It may be in some areas of life, but not in politics. This is, in my opinion, a large part of what has been plaguing our country. In his case, he is picking and choosing which principals to continue to allow to guide him and which ones to compromise.

I don't know that it is only the left that is concerned with religion becoming so pervasive in politics. Many moderate conservatives are probably of the same feeling. I am not a religious person either, and do not believe that religion is bad. I do, however, believe that church and state should be separated. With Cruz, we have a very religious man - a fundamentalist really - who also professes to want to uphold the Constitution. So, how does he reconcile this with wanting to have religion be such a big part of his politics? Is this what the founders wanted?

I am sure that those who know Cruz well think that he is a nice guy. That is true of anybody. Most people have a family and at least a few friends. Those of us who do not know him; however, may see a condescending, arrogant, stubborn, antagonistic, ass. Others may see him as a warm, devoted career public servant. Beauty, or lack thereof, is all in the eye of the beholder.

In my case, I think that he would be horrible president. So far, the majority of the country seems to agree.

rastajenk
03-12-2016, 06:55 AM
I like Cruz too and I think he would make an excellent president. But the lefty media would have a far easier time cooking his goose than the Donald's. So, I still say, a brokered convention DQ-ing the top spot and moving up the place runner would be political suicide.

Tom
03-12-2016, 10:18 AM
I question Cruz's integrity,m honesty, and reliability.
He is a person I would not allow children listen to.

classhandicapper
03-12-2016, 10:28 AM
What are you drinking tonight?

Cruz finally got one fellow senator to back him this week because that senator is so "anybody but Trump". Yet you wonder why most people prefer Obama and even Clinton over your misunderstood shiny beacon of human virtue. :rolleyes:

Cruz is unpopular with his "colleagues" because he keeps calling them out when they promise to do one thing and then sell out their constituency as soon at they get to Washington.

Who is going to like a young senator from their own party that is willing to politically damage his colleagues to do what he was elected to do and what he thinks is right?

But that should make him more popular among the people.

The very reason Trump, Cruz, and Sanders have risen to the top is because people are so sick and tired of what's going on in Washington now.

I'm surprised Cruz didn't call Paul Ryan a scumbag yet. It would have been accurate even if not appropriate. ;)

classhandicapper
03-12-2016, 10:31 AM
I like Cruz too and I think he would make an excellent president. But the lefty media would have a far easier time cooking his goose than the Donald's. So, I still say, a brokered convention DQ-ing the top spot and moving up the place runner would be political suicide.

That's the thing that has bothered me from the start. The religious stuff doesn't bother me even though he's not my ideal candidate from that perspective. But the left wing media will turn him into an unelectable monster and I think we HAVE to go all out to beat Hillary.

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2016, 06:51 PM

How many positions can one take within a matter of three weeks? What a total joke.Why have his supporters not embraced your line of thinking? They obviously go outside. They're being pummeled with the kinds of things you just wrote almost everywhere they go...so why do they not have a reaction like you do?

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2016, 07:15 PM
You have stated my thoughts exactly....But he's the MASTER con man of our time and that plays well to the people that feel disheartened.How is Trump conning anyone when you and Mike and all of Trump's foes (including the three others ON STAGE WITH HIM ON TV) continue to point all this out?

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2016, 07:16 PM

"Next time, we may have to kill him."Plenty of anti-Trump supporters would like to kill as well. What would you label them?

I know...justified, right Dave?

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2016, 07:17 PM
They're very close for sure in their rhetoric.Wink wink...

Stillriledup
03-13-2016, 04:37 AM
How is Trump conning anyone when you and Mike and all of Trump's foes (including the three others ON STAGE WITH HIM ON TV) continue to point all this out?

This is great point, nobody can get conned if the entire world is on the lookout.

rastajenk
03-13-2016, 07:31 AM
I guess the entire world is used to dealing with the usual cons. Now we're talking about the MASTER con; a serious step up in class, apparently.

Saratoga_Mike
03-13-2016, 02:36 PM
Why have his supporters not embraced your line of thinking? They obviously go outside. They're being pummeled with the kinds of things you just wrote almost everywhere they go...so why do they not have a reaction like you do?

I believe you have much greater insight on this matter than I do, given you predicted Trump could be a highly viable presidential candidate a few years ago, but I'll take a shot.

As I continually post his inconsistencies and flip-flops, his supporters never say, "hey you're factually incorrect." They just don't care. Why is that? At its core, I think there's a mistaken belief that b/c Trump is a billionaire he has all/or better answers than anyone else. I think that's a load of crap. I think he's a world-class salesman, cleverly pushing all the necessary "angst" buttons to create a fervent following. As you've pointed, most, if not all, successful pols are great salesmen. But Trump is more masterful than most, at least with his base (i.e., nativists, economic nationalists and the economically insecure).

I find it laughable that his followers aren't interested in what he told the NY Times in private about immigration. I find it laughable that his followers don't care about his H1B Visa flip-flops. He counters these issues with: "I'll build a wall." I have no idea whether he'd build a wall or not. I found it interesting when Sam Zell, a billionaire real-estate investor who I hold in very high regard, was asked about Trump's plans for the wall and deportation on CNBC a few weeks ago. The interviewer (I believe it was Becky Quick) asked him if Trump would go through with such plan if elected. Zell laughed and said of course not. He also said don't underestimate Trump.

Saratoga_Mike
03-13-2016, 02:42 PM
I question Cruz's integrity,m honesty, and reliability.
He is a person I would not allow children listen to.

You'd let your kids (let's say a 8-yr-old girl) listen to Trump over Cruz?

Reliability? Trump is all over the map on every issue, and Cruz isn't reliable? On what issues? Let's hold Cruz to the same standard as Trump on the issues -- that would be no standard. Sorry, it's the "he's a billionaire, so he has all the answers" standard.

Stillriledup
03-13-2016, 02:50 PM
I believe you have much greater insight on this matter than I do, given you predicted Trump could be a highly viable presidential candidate a few years ago, but I'll take a shot.

As I continually post his inconsistencies and flip-flops, his supporters never say, "hey you're factually incorrect." They just don't care. Why is that? At its core, I think there's a mistaken belief that b/c Trump is a billionaire he has all/or better answers than anyone else. I think that's a load of crap. I think he's a world-class salesman, cleverly pushing all the necessary "angst" buttons to create a fervent following. As you've pointed, most, if not all, successful pols are great salesmen. But Trump is more masterful than most, at least with his base (i.e., nativists, economic nationalists and the economically insecure).

I find it laughable that his followers aren't interested in what he told the NY Times in private about immigration. I find it laughable that his followers don't care about his H1B Visa flip-flops. He counters these issues with: "I'll build a wall." I have no idea whether he'd build a wall or not. I found it interesting when Sam Zell, a billionaire real-estate investor who I hold in very high regard, was asked about Trump's plans for the wall and deportation on CNBC a few weeks ago. The interviewer (I believe it was Becky Quick) asked him if Trump would go through with such plan if elected. Zell laughed and said of course not. He also said don't underestimate Trump.

Good writeup.

I think the 'not caring' about the lies and factually statements exists because all the other candidates do the same things. Hillary has her own lies and baggage, so if you hold this against Trump, what are you going to do, NOT hold it against Hills? In a perfect world we could have choices between candidates with high moral fibre who never lie, that's just not reality unfortunately.

I agree with you that DT is a world class salesman, I think in order to get to this level of politics you have to be able to sell snow to the Eskimos, they all have that trait, maybe Trump is better than the others, but don't kid yourself, they're all great salesmen, every last one of them.

The Trump billionaire stuff isn't completely why his fans are gaga over him, what I think is the main difference is that Trumps comments and answers during debates don't seem rehearsed, it seems like he's answering like you or I would answer and not delivering a 'scripted' answer. He's just amazing at DELIVERY. The way he delivers the message is much more important to people (probably wrongly so) than the message itself. His delivery is 'different' than the way a 'typical politician' would deliver a message and I think that's a huge factor in his popularity.

Saratoga_Mike
03-13-2016, 02:53 PM
The Trump billionaire stuff isn't completely why his fans are gaga over him, what I think is the main difference is that Trumps comments and answers during debates don't seem rehearsed, it seems like he's answering like you or I would answer and not delivering a 'scripted' answer. He's just amazing at DELIVERY. The way he delivers the message is much more important to people (probably wrongly so) than the message itself. His delivery is 'different' than the way a 'typical politician' would deliver a message and I think that's a huge factor in his popularity.

Agreed - world-class salesman/marketer.

Stillriledup
03-13-2016, 02:57 PM

No doubt, one of the best we have ever seen.

johnhannibalsmith
03-13-2016, 03:03 PM
I don't even think that its that complicated at this point. And it has gotten to the point of being well past support being merely his initial supporters that loved to hear about giant walls and vanquished muslims.

He's literally fighting city hall on live TV. Who cares if he said one thing an hour ago and something else two minutes ago and something else four seconds ago. Just beat them at their own game big fella and wiggle out of this trap and turn the tables on them. Show them who's boss. The conventional standards for his approval are meaningless. At this stage he's managed to become an underdog while simultaneously being the favorite with everyone from all directions volleying shots at him from ivory towers that represent what people hate more than bad policy and flat inconsistency. People are just enjoying the spectacle of him being invincible from what is now perceived as the real enemy to the point that policy and statements and all of that is just background noise.

People seemed to like the other Teflon Don for some of the same reasons too.

Tom
03-13-2016, 04:59 PM

Just what we need.
At least he accomplished something, which more than we can say about the other humps. Anyone associated with the GOP establishment is poison. Worthless. With Trump, at least we have an unknown.
Rubio is a joke, Cruz is a total jerk. Neither could run a bake sale.

Go Trump!
Bring the house down.

garyscpa
03-13-2016, 06:40 PM
I don't even think that its that complicated at this point. And it has gotten to the point of being well past support being merely his initial supporters that loved to hear about giant walls and vanquished muslims.

He's literally fighting city hall on live TV. Who cares if he said one thing an hour ago and something else two minutes ago and something else four seconds ago. Just beat them at their own game big fella and wiggle out of this trap and turn the tables on them. Show them who's boss. The conventional standards for his approval are meaningless. At this stage he's managed to become an underdog while simultaneously being the favorite with everyone from all directions volleying shots at him from ivory towers that represent what people hate more than bad policy and flat inconsistency. People are just enjoying the spectacle of him being invincible from what is now perceived as the real enemy to the point that policy and statements and all of that is just background noise.

You really should have been a writer.

riskman
03-13-2016, 11:15 PM
:1: I don't even think that its that complicated at this point. And it has gotten to the point of being well past support being merely his initial supporters that loved to hear about giant walls and vanquished muslims.

Yes, you have written an accurate description of the comic relief known as the democratic process in this years republican primary. I doubt that Trump will be denied the nomination if he wins the required delegates.Trump has a good shot at winning the presidency.Trump does not have a political ideology.He believes in capitalist ideology.Trump is a demagogue and has an authoritarian leadership style.

This whole exercise is painful to watch at the same time the GOP deserves everything that is being thrown at them. It will be difficult to unify the party, if ever. Every week there are new surprises from Trump. The media will continue their barrage saying Trump is unfit for office. Trump will turn them aside and act like they do not exist .Interesting times.

Rookies
03-14-2016, 12:18 AM

Very interesting take, JHS. I've never before heard someone describe any Pol as running as both underdog & favourite simultaneously. That is spot on.

Still a huckster buffoon, of course.

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 01:04 AM
Very interesting take, JHS. I've never before heard someone describe any Pol as running as both underdog & favourite simultaneously. That is spot on.

Still a huckster buffoon, of course.

If he's a huckster buffoon he will fit right in as POTUS with the precedent that's been recently set.

Saratoga_Mike
03-14-2016, 08:39 AM
Just what we need.
At least he accomplished something, which more than we can say about the other humps. Anyone associated with the GOP establishment is poison. Worthless. With Trump, at least we have an unknown.
Rubio is a joke, Cruz is a total jerk. Neither could run a bake sale.

Go Trump!
Bring the house down.

Ted isn't likeable, but how a Trump supporter could describe Cruz as a jerk is beyond me. Trump personifies jerk, but it's all okay b/c he's made a lot of money.

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 12:44 PM
Ted isn't likeable, but how a Trump supporter could describe Cruz as a jerk is beyond me. Trump personifies jerk, but it's all okay b/c he's made a lot of money.

Would you rather have an incredible president who's a jerk or a 'nice guy/gal' who is an actual bad president? Isn't being a good president more important than some silly notion that they may be a 'jerk'?

If you were rushed into the emergency room w life threatening injuries wouldn't you want the actual best surgeon even if he was a jerk on occasion?

Rookies
03-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Would you rather have an incredible president who's a jerk or a 'nice guy/gal' who is an actual bad president? Isn't being a good president more important than some silly notion that they may be a 'jerk'?

If you were rushed into the emergency room w life threatening injuries wouldn't you want the actual best surgeon even if he was a jerk on occasion?

SRU, you always travel some of the identical roads taken over generations. Using the doctor specialist analogy, of course, sane people choose the best available talent to deal with their issues. But, they also want the same person to not blow the patient AND family off with petulance, irritation, anger or 'jerk' status, and be able to also explain the situation to them, in a calm, persuasive, friendly manner.

When an 'incredible' President is a punch line joke and buffoon, people worry which way he will go, when the chips are on the line and the red button is being closed on by his hand. Blustering, bullying, foul mouthed language are the calling cards of a 3rd. world strongman- not the President of the United States.

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2016, 01:17 PM
When an 'incredible' President is a punch line joke and buffoon, people worry which way he will go, when the chips are on the line and the red button is being closed on by his hand. Blustering, bullying, foul mouthed language are the calling cards of a 3rd. world strongman- not the President of the United States.With that kind of description, one would think Trump would have been the biggest cheerleaders for Iraq, Bush, and your most-hated "Neocons."

And yet, nothing could be further from the truth. How do you reconcile this troublesome little fact? Wouldn't you trust Trump with "the button" knowing this? As opposed to Hillary, her Husband and HIS secretary of state who were pimping us "Iraq has WMDs and wants nukes and will eventually get AND use them!"?????

I can show you the video if you don't believe me about Hillary, her husband, and his secretary of state - and please note, this was all done WELL BEFORE Bush ever stepped foot in the White House, so you can't blame their hawkishness on some "misinformation" from the Bush administration.

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 01:26 PM
SRU, you always travel some of the identical roads taken over generations. Using the doctor specialist analogy, of course, sane people choose the best available talent to deal with their issues. But, they also want the same person to not blow the patient AND family off with petulance, irritation, anger or 'jerk' status, and be able to also explain the situation to them, in a calm, persuasive, friendly manner.

When an 'incredible' President is a punch line joke and buffoon, people worry which way he will go, when the chips are on the line and the red button is being closed on by his hand. Blustering, bullying, foul mouthed language are the calling cards of a 3rd. world strongman- not the President of the United States.

I like the idea of a "madman" on the red button, maybe the slime from other countries will think twice about calling the me and my country names.

Nutz and Boltz
03-14-2016, 01:36 PM
I like the idea of a "madman" on the red button, maybe the slime from other countries will think twice about calling the me and my country names.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 02:32 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew you'd like that!! :lol:

Saratoga_Mike
03-14-2016, 04:12 PM

For a short period, I thought this way about Donald Rumsfeld. He came across as a bit of a nut, and I thought his provocative attitude could actually deter the enemy.

It didn't turn out so well.

Tom
03-14-2016, 04:43 PM
That's easy. Listen to him sometime.
He IS a jerk.

Saratoga_Mike
03-14-2016, 04:44 PM
That's easy. Listen to him sometime.
He IS a jerk.

Trump?

Tom
03-14-2016, 04:51 PM
No Cruz. :rolleyes:

Saratoga_Mike
03-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Trump is a classless, megalomaniac.

You don't wonder just a little bit what Trump said privately to the NY Times about immigration???

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2016, 05:21 PM

You don't wonder just a little bit what Trump said privately to the NY Times about immigration???For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

What you see in Trump is the reaction to the uber-politically correct action from the Obama administration.

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 05:57 PM

You don't wonder just a little bit what Trump said privately to the NY Times about immigration???

No because I'm too busy wondering what Hillary said to wall st to get her 200 large, one 'wonder' at a time!

barahona44
03-14-2016, 06:18 PM
No because I'm too busy wondering what Hillary said to wall st to get her 200 large, one 'wonder' at a time!
I wonder if Hillary is holding out because there's nothing remotely controversial about her comments and when they are finally revealed (which she will do as soon as she brushes the Sandman aside), -she can say "There's nothing there, so c'mon Donny , I showed you mine, now you show me yours" That way, Trump will seem a little desperate if he keeps harping on Clinton's 'secrets'.

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 06:26 PM
I wonder if Hillary is holding out because there's nothing remotely controversial about her comments and when they are finally revealed (which she will do as soon as she brushes the Sandman aside), -she can say "There's nothing there, so c'mon Donny , I showed you mine, now you show me yours" That way, Trump will seem a little desperate if he keeps harping on Clinton's 'secrets'.

There's something there or else she would release it.

barahona44
03-14-2016, 08:10 PM
There's something there or else she would release it.
But if there was something juicy,wouldn't it be known by now?.I'm sure attendees had to sign a confidentiality document but if something was amiss, someone would have leaked it by now.By not releasing it, Clinton can wait until everyone shows their cards;if it's bad, it will hurt her but it will be diluted by the others releasing their transcripts.If it's innocuous, it will make it harder(but not impossible) to make similar accusations against her in the future..

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 08:20 PM
But if there was something juicy,wouldn't it be known by now?.I'm sure attendees had to sign a confidentiality document but if something was amiss, someone would have leaked it by now.By not releasing it, Clinton can wait until everyone shows their cards;if it's bad, it will hurt her but it will be diluted by the others releasing their transcripts.If it's innocuous, it will make it harder(but not impossible) to make similar accusations against her in the future..

Sanders agreed to release the transcripts of all the 200k speeches he gave. Waiting on Hilary now.

barahona44
03-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Pretty sure that 'everybody' (her words) includes GOP candidates.She would never paint herself into a corner by being that specific and limiting it only to Sanders

Stillriledup
03-14-2016, 09:42 PM
Pretty sure that 'everybody' (her words) includes GOP candidates.She would never paint herself into a corner by being that specific and limiting it only to Sanders

She's running against one person only right now. If she gets to run vs the republicans she can ask for that candidates transcripts.

Pretty obvious she's hiding something.