PDA

View Full Version : Definition of Redboard.

JustMissed
06-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Superfecta and I were having a discussion about redboarding and I found the definiton at the Dictionary of Gambling and just thought I'd share it with all.

Red Board
Old-time method of declaring a race official, by posting a red flag or board on the tote board.

Redboard
1) Old-time method of declaring a race official, by posting a red flag or board on the tote board. 2) A mildly derogatory phrase used to describe someone who claims to have selected the winner-but always after the race.

JM

so.cal.fan
06-26-2004, 11:17 AM
for those who always show us their program or form after a race and lament....."see, I had it marked". But, of course they DIDN'T BET IT!:rolleyes:

kenwoodallpromos
06-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Question: On the Stockton replays, there is a guy on the infield waving a red flag shortly after the horses leave the gate. Is this to signal official start (and start positions), or to start the timer?

NoDayJob
06-27-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
Question: On the Stockton replays, there is a guy on the infield waving a red flag shortly after the horses leave the gate. Is this to signal official start (and start positions), or to start the timer?

Since races are not timed from the gate, usually the red flag is at the "run-up" to signal "start the timer". I don't recall if Stk. has an automatic timer.

NDJ

Suff
06-27-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
for those who always show us their program or form after a race and lament....."see, I had it marked". But, of course they DIDN'T BET IT!:rolleyes:

I CLAIM THAT WHEN A CAPPER POSTS 5 HORSES IN A 10 HORSE FIELD... AS IS COMMONLY DONE ON DRF.COM AND 1 OF THE 5 POPS FOR 22 BUCKS,... TH4EY TOUT THEY HAD IT,,,'

I KNOW GUYS THAT PLAY A HORSE 2WP,,,, AND TOUT IT,,,,,,

IF YOU DON'T PLAY LUNCH MONEY,,,,, THEN YOU GUT STUGATZZ..

PLEASURE OR PAIN,,,,,

Jed
06-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Next time you're at the window maybe you could put a little on each of those you have a mark by, and don't put all of it on that one there that doesn't have any marks next to it.

so.cal.fan
06-27-2004, 11:33 AM
An old friend at the track used to say "hey, if you didn't bet it, you didn't like it"........I repeat that sometimes, and no one wants to hear it! LOL

The_Knight_Sky
06-27-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JustMissed

2) A mildly derogatory phrase used to describe someone who claims to have selected the winner-
but always after the race.

3) an art form perfected by the Derby Listers.http://www.hoc-board.de/phpBB2/smilies/gemein/nono.gif