PDA

View Full Version : Belmont gate loading Friday afternoon

Suff
06-26-2004, 09:04 AM
They loaded the 8th with 1 minute to post

and they loaded the 9th with 4 minutes to post

I was at suffolk with No volume.

Did they announce something? Probably due to daylight? Lightning? I mean I've never seen thenm load with 4 mins.

Kicking myself overt how i played the last 4

I'm trying to make money and I loved the 8 6 in the 7th. I knew I could'nt make money with the 1 in the 8th so I played a 60 dollar ticket
pik3 7-9th
6,8/246/3459 10
pik3 runs Runs 8 1 9 and pays 115 with a 3/5 in the middle. My aversion to chalk cost me not having that fat pick three 10 or moire times.

I threw cabo wabo in with the 6 8 in the 7th and what happens.. ?
runs 8 6 1... 1 is 50 to 1.. tri pays 600. 8 6 all would of cost my 6 bucks.,. did'nt play it

Loved the 9 in the back leg.. I get shut out when they load with 4 mins and he wins and pays 25 to win...

lil bitch/cry session this morning... I apoligize

Suff
06-26-2004, 10:14 AM
I put "loaded" But what really happened wasx the Races WENT OFF with 1 min and 4 mins respectively.

The gate opened and the horses were sent while The Screen said 4 MTP

25 looks and no one so far noticed it besides me/?

JimG
06-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Suff,

It was weather according to TVG. They were just trying to get through the card before the lightning arrived. I have seen NY do this before, but most locations run at scheduled time.

Jim

Suff
06-26-2004, 10:25 AM
I figured as much... so that brings me to my gripe.

Is it Rocket science to adust the MTP clock for players at the track with 25 simalcast signals and none with volume.

I was sitting outside,, it was a beautful day and I sat on the patio about 12 feet from a big Screen.

I sure do wish they did 1 of things

Adjust the clock

or

put a trailer on the bottom of the screen,,

Niether strikes as particularly tough to do.. They do it for shoe changes

JimG
06-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Suff,

I am afraid tracks will never think of the bettors as nothing more than an afterthought. If we were anything else, NYRA would have immediately adjusted the mtp display.

Jim

kenwoodallpromos
06-26-2004, 02:24 PM
For them, yes.

Whitehos
06-27-2004, 09:47 AM
I make my wagers as close to post as I am able. Sometimes getting shut out.
At Belmont yesterday I made 2 bets after they were off. One when the race was over. I won both and was paid.

Tom
06-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Where are you betting?:D

Whitehos
06-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Brisbet

cj
06-27-2004, 12:49 PM
I'd withdraw...quick. They can certainly figure out when you posted your bet, and when the race went off. Its their screw up, so they may let it go, but if they decide to take it back, don't be surprised.

Whitehos
06-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Hi CJ

They were both small place and show bets and there was no intent on my part to beat the system. If they have reason to invalidate the bets I won't fight them. I'm sure they were not aware of the change.

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2004, 08:10 PM
The real question is, how did your bets end up in the tote system? It doesn't matter if BRIS accepts your bets past post, the money STILL has to find its way into the pari-mutuel pools, which are supposed to be LOCKED when the gates open.

BRISbet doesn't control when the pools are locked. It has nothing to do with BRIS. BRIS could theoretically accept your bet for that race TODAY, but it's not going to find its way into the pools.

Something odd is going on in this situation....

OTM Al
06-28-2004, 08:39 AM
It was definitely the weather rolling in. They made several announcements that the post times were being bumped up, but at another track with no sound, that puts you out of luck. You are right though. If they can't change MTP on the screen quickly, you'd think they could at least put a scroll up on the screen. This was at least the 3rd time this spring they've had to do this, usually to get a turf race in before the surface degraded too much. The lightning was also a factor as it was pretty strong for a while there

Whitehos
06-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Hi PA
If you think the Bris late bets are strange you should have been around the early days of UBet. 3 minute delay from California tracks. Telephone open lines could make one a fortune.

Suff
06-29-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Whitehos
I make my wagers as close to post as I am able. Sometimes getting shut out.
At Belmont yesterday I made 2 bets after they were off. One when the race was over. I won both and was paid.

you have the right to remain silent,,, you have the