PDA

View Full Version : Delta jock 'JA' Rodriguez 1 for 77 at meet.

Stillriledup
03-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Needed him to get FOURTH in the super in the 10th tonight on a bomb that looked like the type of horse who could clunk up for 4th. I guess he needed to be 5 wide on both turns instead of trying to save some ground? This is why 1 for 77 jocks are 1 for 77, not knowing the situation and just riding with their heads you know where.

ultracapper
03-09-2016, 11:11 PM
How was he supposed to know you had him in 4th and not some other horse? Maybe he just mis-read the situation, and thought you had handicapped the race correctly, and had a different horse in 4th.

NJ Stinks
03-09-2016, 11:57 PM
How was he supposed to know you had him in 4th and not some other horse? Maybe he just mis-read the situation, and thought you had handicapped the race correctly, and had a different horse in 4th.

Could be just me tonight but I laughed long and hard! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

ultracapper
03-10-2016, 12:11 AM
Just think if he'd clunked up for 4th. SRU would have been the first to start a thread titled....

Brilliant 1 for 77 jockey on a hopeless bomb knows the situation perfectly and clunks up for 4th just like I knew he would because those 1 for 77 jockeys really understand the situation.

Stillriledup
03-10-2016, 12:24 AM

If he would have thought 'whats my best chance to WIN' and rode a conservative race, he would have been 3rd or 4th. Instead, he used the horse up making a premature move on a demanding track with a horse who was a little on the slow side as far as winning goes. He rode as if he didnt have a clue if he was 15-1 or 3-5.

NorCalGreg
03-10-2016, 12:26 AM

HAHA... that was pretty funny. :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
03-10-2016, 11:33 AM
Needed him to get FOURTH in the super in the 10th tonight on a bomb that looked like the type of horse who could clunk up for 4th. I guess he needed to be 5 wide on both turns instead of trying to save some ground? This is why 1 for 77 jocks are 1 for 77, not knowing the situation and just riding with their heads you know where.

I feel your frustration, little buddy. He rated well from the gate and then did what 9/10 knuckleheads do when he had his first to decision to make.....

He chose to pump 3 wide into the clubhouse turn instead of tucking into what was obviously a solid pace early on.

Because of bonehead decision #1, he was committed. He went all out on the backstretch 3 wide trying to win, got into 2nd and then had absolutely nothing left after that.

Finally..I also, by accident, I watched race 11....

I want you to know he rated his very well, took the best available tuck into the clubhouse turn, saved ground rating on the backstetch and early far turn, asked his horse at the perfect time and actually helped his horse suck up/earn 5th.

Without those tactics, his horse was a guaranteed last in race 11.

Maybe he read your post?

Stillriledup
03-10-2016, 11:40 AM
I feel your frustration, little buddy. He rated well from the gate and then did what 9/10 knuckleheads do when he had his first to decision to make.....

He chose to pump 3 wide into the clubhouse turn instead of tucking into what was obviously a solid pace early on.

Because of bonehead decision #1, he was committed. He went all out on the backstretch 3 wide trying to win, got into 2nd and then had absolutely nothing left after that.

Finally..I also, by accident, I watched race 11....

I want you to know he rated his very well, took the best available tuck into the clubhouse turn, saved ground rating on the backstetch and early far turn, asked his horse at the perfect time and actually helped his horse suck up/earn 5th.

Without those tactics, his horse was a guaranteed last in race 11.

Maybe he read your post?
Good write up, thanks!
In your 3rd paragraph you said 'trying to win' and I know what you meant, but his version of 'trying to win' would be like running in the nyc marathon and running as fast as you can for the first mile and then defending the strategy by saying 'I was just trying to win' :D

EMD4ME
03-10-2016, 11:45 AM
Good write up, thanks!
In your 3rd paragraph you said 'trying to win' and I know what you meant, but his version of 'trying to win' would be like running in the nyc marathon and running as fast as you can for the first mile and then defending the strategy by saying 'I was just trying to win' :D

I know, if the bonehead tucked behind the 2 horses to his inside into the CT, he would've saved horse, ran with the flow, not trying to run into it and had a better placing. I would be pissed as well.

Again, that's why he's 1/77 or whatever he is...

I'll tell you what, I'd rather see his ride than some other ones I see. At least he tried (stupid or not, he did)

therussmeister
03-10-2016, 05:02 PM
If he would have thought 'whats my best chance to WIN' and rode a conservative race, he would have been 3rd or 4th. Instead, he used the horse up making a premature move on a demanding track with a horse who was a little on the slow side as far as winning goes. He rode as if he didnt have a clue if he was 15-1 or 3-5.
If he was in the habit of thinking 'What's my best chance to win' he would be 3 for 77.

Hambletonian
03-10-2016, 06:34 PM

Well played, well played :lol:

ultracapper
03-10-2016, 08:08 PM
How the hell is he supposed to get to 2 for anything if he races for 4th place.

You guys are drooling all over yourself. He sucks, he's 1-77.

Goddamn it. Can't he just come in 4th? What the hell is he trying to do, win? Doesn't he know he's 1-77?

You guys aren't making any sense. First, you bitch about his winning percentage. Then he bitch because he's trying to win.

Stillriledup
03-10-2016, 08:17 PM
How the hell is he supposed to get to 2 for anything if he races for 4th place.

You guys are drooling all over yourself. He sucks, he's 1-77.

Goddamn it. Can't he just come in 4th? What the hell is he trying to do, win? Doesn't he know he's 1-77?

You guys aren't making any sense. First, you bitch about his winning percentage. Then he bitch because he's trying to win.

The point isn't that he's racing for 4th, the point was that if he did a better job at trying to win, he would have been 4th. Or 3rd.

Stillriledup
03-10-2016, 10:28 PM
H DEL CID.

Thank you!

Rode added expectation perfectly in the 9th. Reserved, Waited and got up for 3rd making one run.

That's how it's done.

Stillriledup
03-12-2016, 11:40 PM
9 horse in 11th tonight at Delta the guy seemed like his life wasnt dependent on winning.

:bang: