PDA

View Full Version : Bad Spill R8 Sam Houston

Lemon Drop Husker
03-08-2016, 05:48 PM
R8 at Sam Houston we had a horrific spill in which Jockey Adrian Ramos was aboard the :4:, sitting in 2nd place in a 5F turf race in mid-turn. He was in the 2 path as the :3: was on the rail and he was sitting just off of his hip.

Horse took a weird step and he fell off, doing a bit of a cartwheel and likely getting hit by any number of horses as the rest of the field made their typical short turf race charge on the separated leaders with less than 3 Fs to go.

Been a long long delay to R9. Hoping all the best for Adrian.

EMD4ME
03-08-2016, 05:55 PM
R8 at Sam Houston we had a horrific spill in which Jockey Adrian Ramos was aboard the :4:, sitting in 2nd place in a 5F turf race in mid-turn. He was in the 2 path as the :3: was on the rail and he was sitting just off of his hip.

Horse took a weird step and he fell off, doing a bit of a cartwheel and likely getting hit by any number of horses as the rest of the field made their typical short turf race charge on the separated leaders with less than 3 Fs to go.

Been a long long delay to R9. Hoping all the best for Adrian.

That was scary. The head on is available at NYRA.com and i don't know if it's my wishful thinking but it looked, possibly, that most if not all of the horses avoided hitting him.

Deep prayers with him and his family....

Lemon Drop Husker
03-08-2016, 06:02 PM
That was scary. The head on is available at NYRA.com and i don't know if it's my wishful thinking but it looked, possibly, that the most if not all of the horses avoided hitting him.

Deep prayers with him and his family....

That is a bit comforting.

Got TVG and Twinspires going, and obviously they aren't showing any replays. Usually we hear a little something by now. That has me concerned.

EMD4ME
03-08-2016, 06:04 PM
That is a bit comforting.

Got TVG and Twinspires going, and obviously they aren't showing any replays. Usually we hear a little something by now. That has me concerned.

Of course the video quality is from 1991 (Not Nyra's fault) I can't be 100% sure.

I hope he is healthy as well.

Mandrake
03-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Liked the 1, thought he couldn't lose after that mishap but another 60 to 1 shot hits today. God bless EMD, you can have that track. Thought the 12 was a sure winner a couple of races before that, but he was a "head" case.

Redbullsnation
03-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Watched the replay. Spill could've been worse. But feel bad for the rider

KidCruz
03-09-2016, 04:03 AM
This was as frightening as it gets seeing as though he was at the front of a 12 horse field and fell right onto the center of the track. The only report I can find on twitter is that he broke both arms and is seriously injured. Hoping for the best.

After watching this scary fall and a jockey prone on the turf as 10 horses sprint towards him, hard to explain how frustrating it is when TVG cuts back to a totally disinterested Dave Weaver who was oblivious to the whole thing. He mumbled the results and then described the obvious inquiry as frivolous. It was readily apparent that he didn't even watch the race (Nick Hines saved him when finally given the chance to talk). I'm not familiar with TVG host job descriptions but I would imagine watching the race would be one of them. Weaver just punched the clock, mumbled results and counted the minutes until his shift was over. Horrible for viewers.

Mandrake
03-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Does it bother anyone that bad spill replays really aren't shown? It definitely approaches tastelessness however many times you really couldn't see what happened and you could always look away if it bothered you that much. I always wondered how people felt.

bello
03-09-2016, 10:26 AM
I don't look at spill replays. I was at the track when a Jock was killed at Charlestown. I was the the track when harness driver Shelly Goudreau was killed and I was watching the live feed when Mike Venezia was trampled. I wish I had not seen any of them.

I do agree with KidCruz though. Sometimes these talking heads show more concern for he horses than the jockeys.

barahona44
03-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Does it bother anyone that bad spill replays really aren't shown? It definitely approaches tastelessness however many times you really couldn't see what happened and you could always look away if it bothered you that much. I always wondered how people felt.It doesn't bother me but whether we like to admit it or not, many of us have a morbid curiosity with death and accidents.I know when Juan Saez was killed at Indiana, the replay is not available anymore and I've seen a couple of tracks like Finger Lakes, when they have a bad spill,they simply edit it out of the replay.

Donttellmeshowme
03-09-2016, 05:20 PM
So anyone have an update on the jocks that went down?