PDA

View Full Version : Manning is retiring

RXB
03-06-2016, 11:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14913587/peyton-manning-announce-retirement-monday

Marshall Bennett
03-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Never imagined coming out of college he'd have such a career. His numbers speak for themselves. :ThmbUp:

cj's dad
03-07-2016, 01:18 AM
It's time. The concussions and the general wear and tear that the NFL can have on a player are brutal. I saw Artie Donovan several years ago rehabbing my hip and he could barely walk, the knees were shot to hell. I am sure Peyton has the $$ to retire plus the networks will be lining up to hire him.

Congrats PM !!

thaskalos
03-07-2016, 01:28 AM
LEGEND!! :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
03-07-2016, 04:54 PM
I wonder if Osweiler didnt struggle in that game and he just went on to win, win, win and Peyton never saw the field again, would he have wanted to go out that way. I think going out how he went out made it much easier to walk away.

_______
03-07-2016, 08:54 PM
I won't pretend to completely understand the analysis referenced. But according to this:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/peyton-manning-retirement/

You can split Manning's career in half two different ways and in either case, both halves are consistent with other HOF quarterback stats. So, he's essentially had two Hall of Fame worthy careers rolled into one.

Zaf
03-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Will the Broncos sign Osweiler ? As a J.E.T.S. fan i would love to have this guy. Don't get me wrong Fitzpatrick was awesome last year but I think we need someone like him ?

Z

Rookies
03-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Will the Broncos sign Osweiler ? As a J.E.T.S. fan i would love to have this guy. Don't get me wrong Fitzpatrick was awesome last year but I think we need someone like him ?

Z

Fitzcrapper? :lol: Saw him in 'action' up close! :bang:

I pray the Jets keep him, just so my Bills are guaranteed 2 Ws this year. He's a loser you can guarantee will FUBAR the situation, when the game is on the line.

Zaf
03-09-2016, 10:14 AM
Fitzcrapper? :lol: Saw him in 'action' up close! :bang:

I pray the Jets keep him, just so my Bills are guaranteed 2 Ws this year. He's a loser you can guarantee will FUBAR the situation, when the game is on the line.

Our two losses to you guys cost us the playoffs last season.. He sure didn't come up big in week 17.

Z

Rookies
03-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Our two losses to you guys cost us the playoffs last season.. He sure didn't come up big in week 17.

Z

Yep. Shows how you simply can't rely on just one competency to design a great NFL QB. Fitzy is one of the most intellectually sharp QBs of All Time. That guarantees you bupkis on 3rd. & 7, with the game on the line!

_______
03-09-2016, 06:10 PM

Z

Osweiller signs with Texans. I would have bet huge money on the Broncos not letting him get away.

Really glad now I didn't post the smart ass response to this I had thought about. I guess I seriously over invested when he was one of my two keepers in fantasy after the 2014-2015 season. Being right too soon is really no different than just being wrong.

barahona44
03-09-2016, 07:06 PM
Glad #18 is going out on top.The memories of Joe Montana in KC, Johnny Unitas in San Diego and Joe Namath with the LA Rams hanging on by a thread ...