PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Downs 3 6 16 Race 6

powerrun
03-05-2016, 10:54 PM
As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am fond of maiden races and breeding. Last year I caught several of Tizdejavu's offspring to win at big payoffs at first asking, especially on the turf. Tizdejavu was an outstanding turf runner who won many races from gate to wire. His offspring typically run the same way.

On Sunday at Tampa Bay Downs in Race 6 Tiz Too is set to run his first race for a tag. He shows many workouts in preparation of this race and from what I can tell, is up against a relatively weak field. At 10-1 I will take my chances and see what happens. By the way Tiz a Flyer, by Tizdejavu, won at first asking at Tampa Bay Downs a few weeks ago at huge odds. I won't bet the bank, but I will see what happens. I will also play :5: Tiz Too with :1: Letthebigshot Roll and :8: Slater River in a $1 exacta box.

Good luck everyone!

powerrun
03-06-2016, 04:11 PM
As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am fond of maiden races and breeding. Last year I caught several of Tizdejavu's offspring to win at big payoffs at first asking, especially on the turf. Tizdejavu was an outstanding turf runner who won many races from gate to wire. His offspring typically run the same way.

On Sunday at Tampa Bay Downs in Race 6 Tiz Too is set to run his first race for a tag. He shows many workouts in preparation of this race and from what I can tell, is up against a relatively weak field. At 10-1 I will take my chances and see what happens. By the way Tiz a Flyer, by Tizdejavu, won at first asking at Tampa Bay Downs a few weeks ago at huge odds. I won't bet the bank, but I will see what happens. I will also play :5: Tiz Too with :1: Letthebigshot Roll and :8: Slater River in a $1 exacta box.

Good luck everyone!

Made a bold move around the turn but flattened out. Oh well. The :1: Letthebigshot Roll won at $13.80. I should have mentioned to play the 6th race pick three 1, 5, 8 with 5, 7 with 5....it did hit so not all bad.

1st time lasix
03-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Was scheduled to attend the races at Tampa Sunday so I spent far more extra time on every race the day prior.... Unfortunately one of my older buddies was not feeling well so we "bagged" the road trip. Instead I played the races at a simulcast joint. Had a great day. Hit the early pick four and the late pick five for a dollar --which means I had every winner. A rare feet for me as I use a "rifle approach" rather than a shotgun spread. Tips and drinks all around. :jump: My wife even got a little "bump" $$$ when I got home. Still hope to get to Tampa before the meets ends to enjoy the outside spring weather with a cold brew in shades near the paddock. I am planning to attend the OBS auction in Ocala mid-month. Love to see all the young horses go thru the ring and see what breeding is getting the attention.

powerrun
03-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Was scheduled to attend the races at Tampa Sunday so I spent far more extra time on every race the day prior.... Unfortunately one of my older buddies was not feeling well so we "bagged" the road trip. Instead I played the races at a simulcast joint. Had a great day. Hit the early pick four and the late pick five for a dollar --which means I had every winner. A rare feet for me as I use a "rifle approach" rather than a shotgun spread. Tips and drinks all around. :jump: My wife even got a little "bump" $$$ when I got home. Still hope to get to Tampa before the meets ends to enjoy the outside spring weather with a cold brew in shades near the paddock. I am planning to attend the OBS auction in Ocala mid-month. Love to see all the young horses go thru the ring and see what breeding is getting the attention.

Awesome day, 1sttimelasix! Although you couldn't make it to TBD, that's a day to remember! I am sure your wife was happy! Nothing like drinking a cold beer at TBD. I would love to see the OBS auction...how cool! If you see something eye-catching please let me know!

I am from Tampa and of course, love Tampa Bay Downs. But I am now living in another state but TBD is still my favorite track to bet, especially maiden and turf races. I have family in Tampa so I do enjoy TBD from time to time. I have been tearing it up lately luckily with my off track account. Good luck to you!