PDA

View Full Version : Mike Smith Seattle Serenade.

Stillriledup
03-05-2016, 08:01 PM
He pulled up the 4/5 favorite, reporting on tvg there's nothing wrong with the horse? Anyone know what happened here? Broken equipment?

Lemon Drop Husker
03-05-2016, 08:09 PM
He pulled up the 4/5 favorite, reporting on tvg there's nothing wrong with the horse? Anyone know what happened here? Broken equipment?

The horse, owner, trainer, and jockey all wanted to believe in your conspiracy theory.

picojim
03-05-2016, 09:34 PM
SEATTLE SERENADE dueled between horses then drifted out while being pulled up on the backstretch and was vanned off

dasch
03-05-2016, 09:45 PM
The horse didn't appear to take a bad step or anything, just all of a sudden Mike starts pulling him up. All reports after say the horse is fine and went right back to the Hollendorfer barn after being vanned off.

I keep checking for a head-on replay(at rtn and calracing) to see what happened if anything, there is one available for every other race today EXCEPT that race.

A lot of money bet involved that horse, the least they could do is not make it look suspicious.

ultracapper
03-05-2016, 09:52 PM
The horse didn't appear to take a bad step or anything, just all of a sudden Mike starts pulling him up. All reports after say the horse is fine and went right back to the Hollendorfer barn after being vanned off.

I keep checking for a head-on replay(at rtn and calracing) to see what happened if anything, there is one available for every other race today EXCEPT that race.

A lot of money bet involved that horse, the least they could do is not make it look suspicious.

If you watched calracing.com replays as often as I do, you'd notice there are a number of races, all with something or other questionable occurring, that they don't provide head-ons for. It's maddening. Questionable inquiry in the stretch....no head on replay. Funky looking scramble out of the gate....no head on replay. It's stupid. We're using these replays to handicap their product, not to investigate their mistakes. Makes it look like they don't want to address their mistakes, or explain the "tough ones".

EMD4ME
03-05-2016, 09:57 PM
If you watched calracing.com replays as often as I do, you'd notice there are a number of races, all with something or other questionable occurring, that they don't provide head-ons for. It's maddening. Questionable inquiry in the stretch....no head on replay. Funky looking scramble out of the gate....no head on replay. It's stupid. We're using these replays to handicap their product, not to investigate their mistakes. Makes it look like they don't want to address their mistakes, or explain the "tough ones".
What a coin KI DINKY. Twin spires has all head ons, just that one not available.

This game is a joke.

Edit: NYRA doesn't have it either. Neither does the Racetrack Network. So maybe CALI blocked it to all suppliers of replays?

picojim
03-05-2016, 10:01 PM
@Mpuhich reporting that Seattle Serenade pulled up - R8 @santaanitapark fractured a pastern and Dr Macilwraith will operate Mon @WatchXBTV

no breathalyzer
03-05-2016, 11:18 PM
@Mpuhich reporting that Seattle Serenade pulled up - R8 @santaanitapark fractured a pastern and Dr Macilwraith will operate Mon @WatchXBTV

IT looked a lot worse.. thought for sure horse was gonna end up ALPO

Donttellmeshowme
03-05-2016, 11:35 PM
The minute a jock pulls a horse up and they say the horse is alright there everyone goes with the conspiracy theory. We can't just wait till the next day or that night to give the benefit of the doubt.

Did y'all really think Mike Smith would pull the horse up on purpose ?

Stillriledup
03-05-2016, 11:37 PM
The minute a jock pulls a horse up and they say the horse is alright there everyone goes with the conspiracy theory. We can't just wait till the next day or that night to give the benefit of the doubt.

Did y'all really think Mike Smith would pull the horse up on purpose ?

No, not Mike Smith, he rides for the fans, he doesn't play trainer like some other Guys.

horses4courses
03-06-2016, 01:05 AM
No, not Mike Smith, he rides for the fans, he doesn't play trainer like some other Guys.

We all remember your tirade over Smith and Shared Belief.
Enough.

I watched 15-20 races today.
Saw 2 breakdowns, with at least one of them fatal.
That deceased horse was having his third race in 5 weeks,
but that's another story.

There is no "check engine" light when you're riding a horse
at speed, and something appears to be going wrong.
The jockey who puts his, and the horse's, safety first
is to be commended, not vilified. Some people, bettors
in particular, need to realize this - even if it means
tearing up a few extra tickets.

Stillriledup
03-06-2016, 01:13 AM
Enough.

I agree, if the horse is injured, pull him up. It's up to the judges to punish jocks who pull up horses who have nothing wrong with them. Tvg reported this horse was ok.

ReplayRandall
03-06-2016, 01:18 AM
I agree, if the horse is injured, pull him up. It's up to the judges to punish jocks who pull up horses who have nothing wrong with them. Tvg reported this horse was ok.

SRU, read post #7.....

Stillriledup
03-06-2016, 01:36 AM
SRU, read post #7.....

I saw that.

sharkie187
03-06-2016, 01:51 AM

Funny, I don't recall Kent D being punished for pulling up Big Brown in the Belmont a few years ago and the horse had nothing wrong with him

Stillriledup
03-06-2016, 01:57 AM
Funny, I don't recall Kent D being punished for pulling up Big Brown in the Belmont a few years ago and the horse had nothing wrong with him

No, there was nothing wrong with Big Brown, stews didnt look into that?

Donttellmeshowme
03-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Enough.

Great post ........

tanner12oz
03-06-2016, 07:58 AM
Better safe then sorry. I trust a jockey like smiths experience to know when something is amiss. Horse was near the lead, riding him out and breaking down is not only catastrophic for him but the rest of the field. This is a top tier rider, top horse, top connections, grade a track..highly unlikely anything to see here

I do agree about the replays though. Should be available for all races. The north Korea media vacuum that is horse racing at times only fuels suspicion

ultracapper
03-06-2016, 06:04 PM

Mike Smith will always take care of an owner's million dollar investment before he'll take care of your $6 across the board investment, and rightfully so. That's why owners love him.

There are a lot of scenarios I do not like betting Mike Smith in. But he knows how to take care of an expensive horse as well as any jock I've ever seen.

Tom
03-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Enough.

Very well put,
I have no problem at all with a jock erring on the side of caution.
His life and the horse's life may be in peril. I lose a few bucks.

No one died or gets crippled in the grandstand.

chadk66
03-06-2016, 06:59 PM
I know Mike very well, rode many horses for me. I whole heartedly trust that guy to do the right thing. And many injuries really don't show up a fair amount of time. ruling there was nothing wrong immediately was a stupid judgement call.

chadk66
03-06-2016, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure if any of you have ever rode a horse let alone breeze one. But I can tell you that even the slightest issue at high speed resonates rather well. If you ever had the pleasure to breeze a horse that crossfired in a turn you went back to the barn and threw your shorts away. If you could even walk afterwards lol.

chenoa
03-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Mike Smith will always take care of an owner's million dollar investment before he'll take care of your $6 across the board investment, and rightfully so. That's why owners love him.

There are a lot of scenarios I do not like betting Mike Smith in. But he knows how to take care of an expensive horse as well as any jock I've ever seen.

Very well said. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2016, 11:34 PM
I agree, if the horse is injured, pull him up.Wow. How ****ing noble of you.