PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine Saturday March 5th

willphorse
03-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Race 1- 6 Twin B Wrangler
Fairly decent trip last out, and didn't have the pop in the stretch I'd like, however, 2 back, was parked 1/4 in 26.3, then was caught late stretch. This group is not overly strong and none have a real explosive move ability. Voting for team Auciello-Drury in R1.

Race 2- 3 Princess Katie
On the bump up in class last out, this mare was very gutsy. She left, which she hasn't really shown in the past. After clearing lead, she was then shuffled back to the pocket, in which case she pulled again to clear lead. She held until mid stretch before fading to 5th. She was bet we'll last out, and showed some aggression to set pace. Hails from a strong barn, and I think they learned a thing or 2 from that performance. One of my top plays of the day!

Race 3- 8 Shades of Bay
Mohawk Warrior is the horse to beat in this field, however, this 4YO has the ability. Will be on the front end tonight, and without a true pace pressure tonight, middle fractions could be slowed down a little. This will allow Shades of Bay to have a good finishing kick.

Race 4- 1 Sportsmanship
Draws rail with JJ tonight. This gelding can finish a mile! When he draws the rail, and Jody in the bike, I will play. Will be short priced, maybe 5/2, but I'd even take that! Only a few in this field have shown the ability to finish a mile. There were also some that won last out but a pocket trip win is, most of the time, just a trip win.

Race 5- 4 Scary Good
This is a difficult race. Only 2 in here have been able to leave the gate, and only 2 have shown a strong finish. Both of the latter though have had breaking habits. The 7YO has a decent post. Left from post 8 last out, parked 1/4, but was able to stay even late. The better post tonight will most likely fix that issue. Expecting a good mile.

willphorse
03-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Race 6- 2 Wazzup Wazzup
This is a very competitive race where I feel trip will win it. There is a great deal of early speed. Waples has been hot in the bike on this gelding. Good post and I think style is an advantage in here. Will take an overlayed price and give him a shot!

Race 7- 8 Read The Proposal
Backing team Aucielli-Drury once again. Good form, seems to know where the line is. Good brush at 1/4 last out, and never looked back. Returns at same level, and expecting same results. Don't take less than 8/5 here though.

Race 8- 6 Ainsleynoelle
This race sets up for a forwardly placed winner. 7 Neversaidiwassweet will be pace, but can never find the line. Waples will sit a good trip here. This mate seemed to get better as series went on, and now finds a field that, In my opinion, is not as strong as what she was facing.

Race 9- 5 Velocity Driven
Playing my 2nd closer of the night here. This race is has a few coming from tandem race. Speed that day collapsed, first over faded as well, and closers went on by. I think this sets up the same way. From post 5, he has the best kick late and will absolutely be coming. Only question will be if he can catch them before it's too late.

Race 10- 8 House of Terror
Will probably be short priced. Last out was a gutsy performance. Made multiple moves and still fought late. JJ in bike makes this a play, even if a short price.

Good Luck!!

Ray2000
03-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Going for those $40 winners now, are you Will ?

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
great call on 3 Princess Katie 40.60 16.60 10.90

willphorse
03-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Thanks Ray. Was SHOCKED to see those odds. Every time he's go up in odds, I'd place a $2 Win bet lol. Expected 5 or 6 to 1.

R1- Placed $3.00
R2- Winner $40.60-$16.60
R3- Showed (Was right on Mohawk Warrior, but too low for me to bite)
R4- Out
R5- Out
R6- Out (Trip won, as expected, just not this one haha)
R7- Placed $5.20
R8- Winner $7.50-$3.40
R9- Placed $2.90 (Called it! Just couldn't get there)
R10- Winner $4.20-$2.80