03-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Here's the playground for the Fox News Debate

Groves are off...

Shemp Howard
03-03-2016, 09:12 PM
What happened to Kelly Megan's hair???

MutuelClerk
03-03-2016, 09:54 PM
I've been to the Fox Theatre many times. I once saw George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelics there. There was more decorum that night than there is tonight.

OntheRail
03-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Magan's doing her best Candy Crowley.... fair, balanced and unbiased. :rolleyes:

kingfin66
03-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Magan's doing her best Candy Crowley.... fair, balanced and unbiased. :rolleyes:

OMG - The eye rolls are so appropriate. I am no fan of Trump (Kasich is my boy), but this is the most incredibly biased debate that I have ever seen. Waiting for the graphics and video packages for the other candidates. Total hatchet job. It is almost enough to make me root for Trump just to spite the Republican elite. Just unbelievable.

OntheRail
03-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Kasich... only one not sling mud... trying to keep it a debate and not a WWE as Rubio , Cruz and Kelly want to take it.

Tom
03-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Rubio is the most annoying jerk in the world.
Cruz is the most disgusting blow -hard ever.
The guy is a bottom feeding liar.

ReplayRandall
03-03-2016, 10:37 PM
Kasich... only one not sling mud... trying to keep it a debate and not a WWE as Rubio , Cruz and Kelly want to take it.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Kasich starting to look "Presidential" :eek: .....I haven't even had a brandy or Dos Equis XX tonight.....yet.

Nutz and Boltz
03-03-2016, 10:45 PM
John Kasich makes sense, doesn't name call, doesn't interrupt, and stays on the subject. What the hell is he doing there? :eek:

Tom
03-03-2016, 10:54 PM
He stands head and shoulders above the Twins of Deception, Cruzio and Rubio.

God, our enemies are watching this and licking their chops!

OntheRail
03-03-2016, 10:54 PM
Never seen the Putin Ad.... must of run only in a minor market.

Good for Kasich... did not take the bate to get down and dirty to sling mud. :ThmbUp:

Tom
03-03-2016, 10:55 PM
John Kasich makes sense, doesn't name call, doesn't interrupt, and stays on the subject. What the hell is he doing there? :eek:

He works at the theater. He's the usher.

Greyfox
03-03-2016, 10:57 PM
My call:

1. Trump
2. Kasich
3. Cruz
4. Rubio - most annoying

Tom
03-03-2016, 10:59 PM
1. Kasich

2. Trump

3. Hillary
4. Bernie

OntheRail
03-03-2016, 11:03 PM
My call:

1. Trump
2. Kasich
3. Cruz
4. Rubio - most annoying

I support this positioning. I think a T-K ticket would knockout the Dems in 2 sec. of the first round.

ReplayRandall
03-03-2016, 11:10 PM
I support this positioning. I think a T-K ticket would knockout the Dems in 2 sec. of the first round.

In addition, Carson as the Surgeon General, Christie as Attorney General and Rubio as Head Shoeshine Boy of the White House.....

Tall One
03-03-2016, 11:11 PM
My call:

1. Trump
2. Kasich
3. Cruz
4. Rubio - most annoying

Solid. Kasich scored quite a few points as has been noted. Impressive.

Rubio is a grinning cheese d--k. Cruz is just...weird.

Agreed, Randall. :ThmbUp:

OntheRail
03-03-2016, 11:15 PM
In addition, Carson as the Surgeon General, Christie as Attorney General and Rubio as Head Shoeshine Boy of the White House.....

And Cruz as Supreme Court Gargoyle... :lol:

barahona44
03-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Maybe Rubio could park cars.He'd look sharp in one of those valet red jackets. :)

thaskalos
03-04-2016, 12:21 AM
Cruz is the most disgusting blow -hard ever.
The guy is a bottom feeding liar.

Say what you will about Ted Cruz...but he is a heck of a poker player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOMJdmyn0s8

highnote
03-04-2016, 12:39 AM
Ohio is one of the key states to win in the presidential race.

I've been saying for awhile now that Kasich is a key player. He can win Ohio in the primary.

If he does NOT win the GOP nomination then he will be asked to be a VP because he will help the nominee win Ohio over Clinton.

Kasich moved way up tonight in the debate. He is getting momentum. That's a very good thing to have this late in the race. Rubio, Cruz and Trump might be on the downswing while Kasich is on the upswing.

Rubio and Cruz hurt themselves with the mudslinging. People love underdogs. Even though Trump is leading in the race, people saw him tonight as an underdog because he was being attacked from both sides of the podium.

Trump/Kasich or Kasich/Trump won tonight's debate.

Rubio and Cruz come across as slick, professional politicians.

People like Trump because of his ability to use his wits to fight rather than act like a trained, career politician.

Rubio and Cruz are exactly the reasons the GOP voters are rebelling.

VigorsTheGrey
03-04-2016, 02:03 AM
1. horse
2. mule
3. turkey
4. chicken
5. Kasitch
6. biden
7. worm
8. flea

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 03:34 AM
In addition, Carson as the Surgeon General, Christie as Attorney General and Rubio as Head Dogcatcher of the White House.....
FTFY. ;)

Nutz and Boltz
03-04-2016, 06:58 AM
Well , we learned that Trump has a big dick. Nothing else new. :D

Always knew he had balls.

classhandicapper
03-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Kasich is the most qualified of the bunch, but he's not going to win.

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Solid. Kasich scored quite a few points as has been noted. Impressive.

Rubio is a grinning cheese d--k. Cruz is just...weird.

Agreed, Randall. :ThmbUp:

I thought I was the only one who thought that about Rubio, his smirk is worse than anything in these debates.

He's such a baby too, he makes fun of Trumps hands and implies things but when Donald calls him 'little marco' he acts like he's above petty insults and that somehow he's the 'bigger' man. Even his campaign leader was interviewed on AC360 and just refused to answer the question about 'what if you lose Florida' it was a perfect window into what this guy is about.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Marco Rubio's sudden transformation into "Donald J. Trump II" is vile and SO not going to get him anywhere. Whoever is advising him should be fired. I guess it's desperation. There's only one DJT, and Rubio needs to stick to his strengths.

As for Cruz last night...whoever put that "breathe Donald, breathe" into his head should also be fired. And he used it multiple times, as if he thought it was clever or something. It was like nails on a chalkboard and just plain asinine.

This desperation on the part of everyone but Trump is really making this whole thing completely unpalatable for me. If the RNC doesn't clean this mess up quickly, I am really going to believe that the Republican party truly is DEAD and BURIED...not for 100 years...but FOREVER.

It's absolutely disgusting what is happening out there. How these guys, who have been ****ing things up for YEARS, can get so "high and mighty" over someone like Trump...as if Romney and all the others have been pillars of light, is insane!

Do they fear they are going to lose THAT MUCH POWER, MONEY and INFLUENCE if someone like Trump is the nominee? Are they that worried Trump is actually going to do what he says he's going to do? Does that scare them that much? Is it all the money being blown on people like Jeb Bush that has pissed off the establishment that much? OK, I guess I can understand that last point. If I blew millions upon millions of dollars on someone like Jeb Bush, I'd be pretty pissed off too.

johnhannibalsmith
03-04-2016, 12:10 PM
They're just accustomed to playing the role of Trump. Pulling strings, manipulating, and orchestrating with a passive cast of supporters playing along with the dog and pony show we've come to know as selecting a candidate and voting. He's ****ing up their racket.

highnote
03-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Marco Rubio's sudden transformation into "Donald J. Trump II" is vile and SO not going to get him anywhere. Whoever is advising him should be fired. I guess it's desperation. There's only one DJT, and Rubio needs to stick to his strengths.

As for Cruz last night...whoever put that "breathe Donald, breathe" into his head should also be fired. And he used it multiple times, as if he thought it was clever or something. It was like nails on a chalkboard and just plain asinine.

This desperation on the part of everyone but Trump is really making this whole thing completely unpalatable for me. If the RNC doesn't clean this mess up quickly, I am really going to believe that the Republican party truly is DEAD and BURIED...not for 100 years...but FOREVER.

It's absolutely disgusting what is happening out there. How these guys, who have been ****ing things up for YEARS, can get so "high and mighty" over someone like Trump...as if Romney and all the others have been pillars of light, is insane!

Do they fear they are going to lose THAT MUCH POWER, MONEY and INFLUENCE if someone like Trump is the nominee? Are they that worried Trump is actually going to do what he says he's going to do? Does that scare them that much? Is it all the money being blown on people like Jeb Bush that has pissed off the establishment that much? OK, I guess I can understand that last point. If I blew millions upon millions of dollars on someone like Jeb Bush, I'd be pretty pissed off too.

I'm not a fan of Rachel Maddow's, but I was flipping through channels after last night's debate to see what the reactions were. She asked a good question... (and I paraphrase) ..."Is this what the republican race has become -- making fun of the size of each other's genitals?"

Rubio resorting to that tactic shows he is not presidential material. Bill O'Reilly said pretty much the same thing to Rubio in the post-debate interview with Rubio.

Rubio had a hard time defending his tactic and O'Reilly let him off easy, but the damage was done and O'Reilly didn't need to hammer home the point.

Rubio is toast.

You're right about Cruz's "breathe, Donald, breathe". That was annoying and obnoxious. The U.S. does not need an annoying and obnoxious president. That remark showed that Cruz is not presidential material.

Cruz is toast.

Trump and Kasich will be the last two men standing. In fact, they were the only ones who acted like adult men and not whiney babies.

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm not a fan of Rachel Maddow's, but I was flipping through channels after last night's debate to see what the reactions were. She asked a good question... (and I paraphrase) ..."Is this what the republican race has become -- making fun of the size of each other's genitals?"

Rubio resorting to that tactic shows he is not presidential material. Bill O'Reilly said pretty much the same thing to Rubio in the post-debate interview with Rubio.

Rubio had a hard time defending his tactic and O'Reilly let him off easy, but the damage was done and O'Reilly didn't need to hammer home the point.

Rubio is toast.

You're right about Cruz's "breathe, Donald, breathe". That was annoying and obnoxious. The U.S. does not need an annoying and obnoxious president. That remark showed that Cruz is not presidential material.

Cruz is toast.

Trump and Kasich will be the last two men standing. In fact, they were the only ones who acted like adult men and not whiney babies.

O Reilly cut Kasich down in post debate interview for being 'boring'

I wonder if Kasich will be Trumps VP I liked him a lot as a VP candidate

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 12:54 PM
The U.S. does not need an annoying and obnoxious president.In the minds of plenty, this is exactly what Trump is, and I don't necessarily disagree. But there can only be ONE Donald J. Trump.

And I don't think being obnoxious should disqualify you from being President of the United States. Not in this day and age.

But the others who are not accustomed to playing Donald's game need to step aside. They're not cut out for this sort of thing, and it will only hurt them.

OntheRail
03-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Even Bernie Goldberg Rubio Fan Boy said Trump would WIN Florida... after that Rub's should pack his tent and go home if he does not it'll show he's on the GOPee's payroll as a paid butcher just like Rummy.

But the people are seeing behind the curtain and the puppet masters strings are in clear view.

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 12:58 PM
The nice guy, not nice guy stuff is just a false flag , all that matters is if a person will accomplish great things as Pres. If it takes an obnoxious guy to fix the country, sign me up.

ElKabong
03-04-2016, 01:23 PM
That was annoying and obnoxious. The U.S. does not need an annoying and obnoxious president. .

Talking about trump, right? That Benito Mussolini pose he goes into every debate....both annoying and obnoxious....and that's before he opens his mouth and gives detailed answers on policy, 'The Heisman'. (translated = stiff arms details)

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Talking about trump, right? That Benito Mussolini pose he goes into every debate....both annoying and obnoxious....and that's before he opens his mouth and gives detailed answers on policy, 'The Heisman'. (translated = stiff arms details)Who among them gives DETAILED answers on policy during the debate?

You must be watching different debates than I am.

Or do you count every time Cruz says "I will defend the Constitution" as a detailed answer? You must...that is the only way this sort of rhetoric makes any sense.

highnote
03-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Talking about trump, right? That Benito Mussolini pose he goes into every debate....both annoying and obnoxious....and that's before he opens his mouth and gives detailed answers on policy, 'The Heisman'. (translated = stiff arms details)

I was talking about Rubio and Cruz. "breathe, Donald, breathe." Attacking Trump constantly all night -- very little of substance from Rubio or Cruz.

I don't find Trump obnoxious or annoying. He's more of a cross between P.T. Barnum, Mohammad Ali (I am the greatest) and Vince McMahon.

Plus, Trump is smarter than Rubio or Cruz.

Rubio and Cruz are professional politicians and have extensive debate training. The fact that Trump holds his own against these two career politicians speaks volumes about his intelligence.

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 03:05 PM
I was talking about Rubio and Cruz. "breathe, Donald, breathe." Attacking Trump constantly all night -- very little of substance from Rubio or Cruz.

I don't find Trump obnoxious or annoying. He's more of a cross between P.T. Barnum, Mohammad Ali (I am the greatest) and Vince McMahon.

Plus, Trump is smarter than Rubio or Cruz.

Rubio and Cruz are professional politicians and have extensive debate training. The fact that Trump holds his own against these two career politicians speaks volumes about his intelligence.

Good point. Trump is really showing to be mentally tough, he has the 'whole world' ganging up on him, Rubio and Cruz are the bullies because they're the ones hiding behind the safety of a 'crowd' and all piling on one guy. That's cowardly behavior and Says a lot about Rubio, Cruz and now Romney.

highnote
03-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Good point. Trump is really showing to be mentally tough, he has the 'whole world' ganging up on him, Rubio and Cruz are the bullies because they're the ones hiding behind the safety of a 'crowd' and all piling on one guy. That's cowardly behavior and Says a lot about Rubio, Cruz and now Romney.

The people who put up hundreds of millions of dollars to back Bush are probably having buyer's remorse. Now they're ganging up on Trump to at least salvage a little of their bad bets.

They'd be better off putting their money behind Trump at this point -- that's assuming he would take their money.

Saratoga_Mike
03-04-2016, 03:16 PM

If I thought you believed any of this, I'd response.

Greyfox
03-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Who among them gives DETAILED answers on policy during the debate?

You're right. :ThmbUp:

Politicians don't give detailed answers, but Trump is expected to, on every idea he has.

Last month President Obama announced that America is going to cure cancer.
No one, journalists, media, or other politicians, asked him how he would do that.
If Trump says he's going to build a wall, the journalists demand to see the blue prints, the contract specifications, the height and on it goes.

EJDyBBGncQc

Saratoga_Mike
03-04-2016, 03:29 PM
There actually is a plan behind the cancer comments. Maybe a bad one...may not work, but it wasn't completely vapid ... unlike most of Trump's comments.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/state-of-the-union-cancer-biden-217683

Greyfox
03-04-2016, 03:31 PM
There actually is a plan behind the cancer comments.

Trump has plans behind his comments.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 03:32 PM
There actually is a plan behind the cancer comments. Maybe a bad one...may not work, but it wasn't completely vapid ... unlike most of Trump's comments.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/state-of-the-union-cancer-biden-217683Trump has a lot of detailed stuff posted on his website. I don't know why I'm telling you this, because I'm pretty certain you've never read them.

Of course, after you read this, you'll tell me you've read them and they amount to little more than the fluff you hear when he's on stage, or something like that.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Cruz's detailed plan:

"I'll defend the Constitution"

and

"You can write it on a postcard"

ebcorde
03-04-2016, 03:37 PM
you would be one of Cosby victims. I cannot believe a smart guy like you falls for Trump's BS.

And NO country will negotiate with this guy.

ebcorde
03-04-2016, 03:40 PM
if Hillary has one ounce left of the Brains that got her into Yale Law school. She will make Bernie her VP that will unite the democrats. Game over.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 03:41 PM
you would be one of Cosby victims. I cannot believe a smart guy like you falls for Trump's BS.

And NO country will negotiate with this guy.This from the guy that was basically kissing Trump's ass on here less than one week ago.

You sir, are not credible.

Yeah, no country will negotiate with us. I'd like to see THAT happen. What world are you living in?

Seriously, does Trump make people that nuts that they actually lose their mind?

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 03:46 PM

r5X8qDDMC-o

They'll all negotiate with him.

TJDave
03-04-2016, 03:47 PM
if Hillary has one ounce left of the Brains that got her into Yale Law school. She will make Bernie her VP that will unite the democrats. Game over.

No need. Democrats will fall in line. The republicans have seen to that.

ReplayRandall
03-04-2016, 03:52 PM

Trump doesn't have to negotiate with ANY country. As POTUS, he'll just TELL them what the deal IS.....and that's THAT. It'll be good to be an AMERICAN again, running the show and having our respect back....either by example or out of fear, as it makes no difference to me how we lead.....JUST GET OUT OF OUR WAY.

ebcorde
03-04-2016, 03:54 PM
This from the guy that was basically kissing Trump's ass on here less than one week ago.

You sir, are not credible.

Yeah, no country will negotiate with us. I'd like to see THAT happen. What world are you living in?

Seriously, does Trump make people that nuts that they actually lose their mind?

He changed his tune on immigration last night. did you miss that??????

Only because the guy is funny. I like the wall idea and kicking the illegals out
But like handicapping not enough positives to bet him to win.

Would you sit at a $100,000 poker table with the world poker champ? So what country will play with Trump?

If he became President , the world's Billionaires will benefit from his deals.
The people will get screwed , all the metrics , analysis will be called lies by Trump if he disagrees , like his BBB rating.
There I saw into the future. Americans will be angrier under Trump. :lol:

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 03:57 PM
He changed his tune on immigration last night. did you miss that??????

Only because the guy is funny. I like the wall idea and kicking the illegals out
But like handicapping not enough positives to bet him to win.

Would you sit at a $100,000 poker table with the world poker champ? So what country will play with Trump?

If he became President , the world's Billionaires will benefit from his deals.
The people will get screwed , all the metrics , analysis will be called lies by Trump if he disagrees , like his BBB rating.
There I saw into the future. Americans will be angrier under Trump. :lol:

Aren't you tired of being a resident of a 'soft' country?

Soft.

Like charmin.

ebcorde
03-04-2016, 04:05 PM

Soft.

Like charmin.

Trump is the soft one, He avoided Vietnam, he called McCain no good because he got captured, where was Trump? Flying a war plane is dangerous.

if you are going to talk the talk, walk it too. He was scared

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Trump is the soft one, He avoided Vietnam, he called McCain no good because he got captured, where was Trump? Flying a war plane is dangerous.

if you are going to talk the talk, walk it too. He was scaredWe're probably better off Trump did what he did and McCain did what he did.

We are in the era of inclusion and acceptance. Why can't you accept Donald for the choices he made?

You're being a bully, just like Donald... :lol:

ebcorde
03-04-2016, 04:21 PM
I really do not. I don't think many of you will vote for Trump.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 04:23 PM
I really do not. I don't think many of you will vote for Trump.Awesome post man. SRU-like even. Posting just to post... :lol:

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 04:27 PM

if you are going to talk the talk, walk it too. He was scared

I just added a foot to the wall.

fast4522
03-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Awesome post man. SRU-like even. Posting just to post... :lol:

OK mike, one for your sharp wit. What does Mitt Romney and ebcorde have in common.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 04:45 PM
OK mike, one for your sharp wit. What does Mitt Romney and ebcorde have in common.They both have funny underwear?

fast4522
03-04-2016, 04:51 PM
They both have funny underwear?

Very close, both see Donald J. Trump a direct danger to NAFTA.

barahona44
03-04-2016, 05:15 PM

Soft.

Like charmin.
Mr. Whipple can be Trump's running mate.

tucker6
03-04-2016, 05:21 PM

Do you seriously believe anyone is falling for Trump's schick? He's a self important blowhard. BUT, and this is an important but, Trump represents the anti-party, the anti-politician, the anti-PC. His votes are coming from people tired of the wagon circling you see among the GOP, the lies, and most of all the empty suites devoid of any ideas as they shout that the guy next to them has no ideas. Frankly, I am sick and tired of seeing the same candidates any more. Both parties have nearly identical talking heads that have no connection to my life. Both parties are completely out of touch with the lives of average Americans, and you think our biggest problem is Donald Trump? I don't think The Donald would make a good president. I just want him to shine a very bright light on the type of people that pervade govt.

Last night and this morning, people are saying that Trump ONLY has the support of 35% of republicans. Guess what kiddies, 35% is a frightening number of you are in the leadership of the GOP because Trump has done everything possible to disenfranchise himself and he still has 35%. That tells me the GOP tent is 35% smaller than the leadership thinks it is. To the GOP leadership, I say get your head of of your backside and recognize the significance of what Trump's supporters are to this race.

_______
03-04-2016, 05:27 PM

The part of the Democratic coalition supporting Sanders isn't going anywhere with Hillary as the nominee. Remind me not to hire you to do any negotiating.

Tom
03-05-2016, 09:10 AM
I really do not. I don't think many of you will vote for Trump.
I will.
I fail to see how anyone could consider that bottom feeding lying bastard Cruz of the little whinny boy Rubio. Two slugs. Talk is cheap. So is Cruz. Cruz is same old same old. Rubio is never was.

fast4522
03-05-2016, 09:42 AM
To make America great again means that there will be losers in order for it to happen. I think the ramifications are huge to other country's when talking about imposing taxes lets say like China does to us letting our products into mainland China. If a company wants to shut its doors and fire people here only to open in Mexico maybe we should impose a 35% tax on everything that comes in. Land of the free does not mean free for other countries does it?

woodtoo
03-05-2016, 09:49 AM
I was thinking of the Bern yesterday, Why not Trump give him a job in his cabinet, he'd be in a high profile position and Trump would have a TON of
crossover votes. Enough to put him over the top. :ThmbUp:

fast4522
03-05-2016, 09:52 AM
I was thinking of the Bern yesterday, Why not Trump give him a job in his cabinet, he'd be in a high profile position and Trump would have a TON of
crossover votes. Enough to put him over the top. :ThmbUp:

The people who currently support Trump would never stand for a commie, I doubt the Donald is fond of commies either.

Tom
03-05-2016, 10:09 AM
To make America great again means that there will be losers in order for it to happen. I think the ramifications are huge to other country's when talking about imposing taxes lets say like China does to us letting our products into mainland China. If a company wants to shut its doors and fire people here only to open in Mexico maybe we should impose a 35% tax on everything that comes in. Land of the free does not mean free for other countries does it?

Yes, the corporate tax rate should be tied to how many jobs they farm outside the borders. 90% to companies like GM sounds fair enough.

mountainman
03-05-2016, 10:23 AM
If I hear Bill O'Reilly compliment himself one more time on being a "tough, but fair interviewer," I'm going to scream. His self-praise is time consuming and visibly awkward for the guests, since none of them seem to share his sentiments.

johnhannibalsmith
03-05-2016, 10:31 AM
His post-debate show was miserable. He ought to just run himself if he needs to be the most important subject in one interview with a presidential candidate after another.

Redboard
03-05-2016, 11:18 AM
http://www.abc-7.com/story/31386332/foxs-republican-debate-is-highest-rated-of-2016

"The two-hour debate averaged 16.8 million total viewers -- a bigger audience than practically everything else on television this week. "

I thought Donald looked a little "spent." He had been at a rally in Maine earlier in the day, then he has to fly to Detroit and fend off the three other debate candidates who had nothing better to do than lay in wait for him.

He was sharper at the Maine rally earlier. I don't know how he does it. I'm 63 and would be "done for the day" after one of those speeches.

Redboard
03-05-2016, 11:25 AM
His post-debate show was miserable. He ought to just run himself if he needs to be the most important subject in one interview with a presidential candidate after another.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/03/04/fox-newss-bill-oreilly-embarrasses-self-colleagues-country-in-post-debate-debacle/

reckless
03-05-2016, 12:14 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/03/04/fox-newss-bill-oreilly-embarrasses-self-colleagues-country-in-post-debate-debacle/

We need to understand that the Fox News Channel is now the Marco Rubio SuperPAC.

To me, there was cause and reason why O'Reilly stood to interview Trump, and that he made an unnecessary comment about him being taller than Trump. He was trying to diminish Trump's seemingly macho persona, that's why. Later, O'Reilly was sitting down when he interviewed the Rupert Murdoch trojan horse, baby snooks Rubio.

If O'Reilly stood up when he spoke with Rubio as he did Trump, the country would still be laughing at Rubio.

Tom
03-05-2016, 03:03 PM
He should have laid down on the floor to interview the little whiner. :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
03-05-2016, 05:06 PM
If I hear Bill O'Reilly compliment himself one more time on being a "tough, but fair interviewer," I'm going to scream. His self-praise is time consuming and visibly awkward for the guests, since none of them seem to share his sentiments.

Is there a more smug and egotistical self important boob than O'r?

tucker6
03-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Bill jumped the shark awhile ago.

Rookies
03-05-2016, 06:35 PM

It is remarkable to me how similar they are: daily, self aggrandizing screaming , fatuous, blowhards and con men.

Of course, the prime difference is that one knows that he is an entertainer first and news is just a sideline, a means to drive ratings up through any Three Card Monte distortion or aggressive confrontation possible.

The other has been a leader in Reality TV and can't stop his constant buffoonery- even though he is running for President of the United States!

Yesterday, PA claimed I was lying when I claimed that all you hear from Herr Drumpf is endless, pointless chattering, without any policy disclosure.

So today, to be Fair & Balanced :lol: , I had an opportunity to listen to Sirius Fox News & CNN to Drumpf's Florida speech, while I drove my son home from his out of town hockey game.

I listened for at least 20 minutes, until they cut to a commercial and in no particular order, this was Foghorn's speech.

* Mentioned the size of the crowd
* Mentioned the size of his wins in various primaries.
* Mentioned the size of his penis (okay tangentially versus Little Marco... but really. Try and act like you've been here on the big boy stage before. Oh wait...)
* Mentioned Bernie having the second biggest crowd so far, but that he us now done, because he ignored EMailgeddon.
* Mentioned that the Media ignored the 21k audience in Cuban's Arena in Dallas.
* Called out Little Marco x2 & Sneaky (?) Raphael.
* Mentioned that he loooooved Florida, as his second home and had built 'Great' no truly GREEEEEEAT developments in 4 cities, in conjunction with 3-4 named Floridians.
* Mentioned that his wife (the present one :rolleyes: ) will be the "most beautiful First Lady " and apparently the smartest, according to Drumpf.
* Mentioned that he refuted Hillary weeks ago on her "sexist" tag and she & Bill had a "terrible weekend" arguing whether that should ever occur in the campaign again.
* Told security to " throw that protestor out, as quickly as possible".
* Mentioned Marco only has had a crowd of 300, so "how can he ever win?"

So, after 20 minutes of this unctuous gibberish, the commercial Networks took a break.

Check the transcript, to see if I missed anything or am "lying". :lol:

Does he really believe that he's Chuck Barris on the Gong Show?

NJ Stinks
03-05-2016, 10:22 PM
I listened for at least 20 minutes, until they cut to a commercial and in no particular order, this was Foghorn's speech.

* Mentioned the size of his penis (okay tangentially versus Little Marco... but really. Try and act like you've been here on the big boy stage before. Oh wait...)
* Mentioned Bernie having the second biggest crowd so far, but that he us now done, because he ignored EMailgeddon.
* Mentioned that he loooooved Florida, as his second home and had built 'Great' no truly GREEEEEEAT developments in 4 cities, in conjunction with 3-4 named Floridians.
* Mentioned that his wife (the present one :rolleyes: ) will be the "most beautiful First Lady " and apparently the smartest, according to Drumpf.
* Mentioned that he refuted Hillary weeks ago on her "sexist" tag and she & Bill had a "terrible weekend" arguing whether that should ever occur in the campaign again.

So, after 20 minutes of this unctuous gibberish, the commercial Networks took a break.

Surely he mentioned Reckless? :confused:

Tom
03-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Yesterday, PA claimed I was lying when I claimed that all you hear from Herr Drumpf is endless, pointless chattering, without any policy disclosure.

You mean like Hillary?

"Put America in the hole again!"

Sorry you boys don't like Trump-speak.....guess that makes you two stand out from the 10's of thousands who do! :lol:

Hey, cheer up, I hear Hillary will be allowed two visitors a month, third Thursdays. But no emails.

Rookies
03-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Sorry you boys don't like Trump-speak.....guess that makes you two stand out from the 10's of thousands who do! :lol:

"As the Roman Empire started its decline, the author Juvenal (55-127 C.E.) noted, "The people are only anxious for two things: bread and circuses." ;)

And Drumpf/Bumpf/Blimpf - whatever, is the big bass drum! :lol:

Stillriledup
03-05-2016, 11:44 PM
It is remarkable to me how similar they are: daily, self aggrandizing screaming , fatuous, blowhards and con men.

Of course, the prime difference is that one knows that he is an entertainer first and news is just a sideline, a means to drive ratings up through any Three Card Monte distortion or aggressive confrontation possible.

The other has been a leader in Reality TV and can't stop his constant buffoonery- even though he is running for President of the United States!

So today, to be Fair & Balanced :lol: , I had an opportunity to listen to Sirius Fox News & CNN to Drumpf's Florida speech, while I drove my son home from his out of town hockey game.

Does he really believe that he's Chuck Barris on the Gong Show?

This is why the Trump campaign has gone over your head. The most brilliant thing he can do is to keep repeating over and over how he's winning this And winning that. People are sheep, they want to be with winners, it's called bandwagon, millions of people just want to vote for the winner, he's getting millions of extra votes w this strategy, it's one of the smartest things anyone can do, he's the first to ever do this and it's sheer genius.

Nutz and Boltz
03-06-2016, 07:35 AM
This is why the Trump campaign has gone over your head. The most brilliant thing he can do is to keep repeating over and over how he's winning this And winning that. People are sheep, they want to be with winners, it's called bandwagon, millions of people just want to vote for the winner, he's getting millions of extra votes w this strategy, it's one of the smartest things anyone can do, he's the first to ever do this and it's sheer genius.

Good post.

Tom
03-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Not everyone is capable of thinking for themselves. They need to be told what to thing, what to do, how to vote.

That is why we have the democrat party.

Rookies
03-06-2016, 10:16 AM

Not at all.

I fully get what he's doing and have already commented that he is maximizing his PHD hucksterism, by ginning up the rubes, who are looking for change.

Dowd, in the NYT, put it much better today:

"Real estate developers are con men by nature, trying to get what they want at the lowest price and sell it at the highest price, overpromising how great it’s going to be. As the author of “The Confidence Game,” notes, con men are created by the yearning of their marks “to believe in something that gives life meaning. … Their genius lies in figuring out what, precisely, it is we want, and how they can present themselves as the perfect vehicle for delivering on that desire.”

It’s delicious watching the neocon men who tricked the country and gulled the naïve W. into the Iraq invasion go ballistic trying to stop the Gotham con man."

So, I get it perfectly. That doesn't mean that he says anything more than the con mans SFA rah-rah-rah mantra to cheer on the "marks", into believing they are he.

johnhannibalsmith
03-06-2016, 10:32 AM
The irony of a herd of politicians calling someone else a confidence man.

Rookies
03-06-2016, 10:45 AM
The irony of a herd of politicians calling someone else a confidence man.

I don't disagree with that.

Trump is demonstrating that decades of being a loudmouth huckster simply puts him in the major leagues of con men, versus the minor league, amateur Pols.

Trump would fare positively, even against the All Timers of the American Con Men, Political class- like Huey Long, Richard Daley or Boss Tweed!

Even Kevin Spacey. ;)

Tom
03-06-2016, 10:46 AM
It’s delicious watching the neocon men who tricked the country and gulled the naïve W. into the Iraq invasion

You must have missed the video.
Even Hillary was agreeing that SH was evil and need to go. Then SHE voted for the war.

Are you saying Romney was smarter than Hillary?

Rookies
03-06-2016, 11:04 AM
You must have missed the video.
Even Hillary was agreeing that SH was evil and need to go. Then SHE voted for the war.

Are you saying Romney was smarter than Hillary?

I didn't say that- Dowd did.

But to answer, EVERYONE agreed that these fascist like, Middle East strongman tyrants were "evil and need to go", Tom.

But, nobody from the Con conmen class thought through, what to do next!

Hillary, by voting in favour and not bringing those very concerns front and centre, was not her finest hour. Anyone can get steamrolled into making the wrong decision on the wrong evidence, when the rah rah rah machine gets rolling.

It takes real stones to have a platinum spine to walk the correct,road less taken. History, comes to the defense of those who did- in the long game.

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2016, 10:54 PM
We need to understand that the Fox News Channel is now the Marco Rubio SuperPAC.

To me, there was cause and reason why O'Reilly stood to interview Trump, and that he made an unnecessary comment about him being taller than Trump. He was trying to diminish Trump's seemingly macho persona, that's why. Later, O'Reilly was sitting down when he interviewed the Rupert Murdoch trojan horse, baby snooks Rubio.

If O'Reilly stood up when he spoke with Rubio as he did Trump, the country would still be laughing at Rubio.Even *I* know there is no bigger fan of Trump on Fox than O'Reilly...come on man...OK, let me revise that...he's probably Trump's second biggest fan behind Judge Jeanine.... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2016, 10:58 PM

Does he really believe that he's Chuck Barris on the Gong Show?Whatever you say Mr. Canada. I know you're about as fair and balanced as O'Reilly, so forgive me if I don't buy what you're selling here.

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2016, 11:03 PM
The irony of a herd of politicians calling someone else a confidence man.Once again, you knock it out of the park in only a few short words.

But these guys don't get it. They think Trump is something of an original. He's some terrifying embodiment of their worst nightmares, when in fact he's just a different model of the same brand.

They act as if all who came before were honest to the core, as intelligent as Hawking, and provided detailed policy positions at every stump speech and every debate.

We can forgive Rookies as he's not from the USA. Maybe that's how it is in Canada...oh wait... :lol:

Greyfox
03-06-2016, 11:04 PM
Even *I* know there is no bigger fan of Trump on Fox than O'Reilly...come on man...OK, let me revise that...he's probably Trump's second biggest fan behind Judge Jeanine.... :lol:

You are correct about his being a good fan of Trump..
But unfortunately it's on the net that O'Reilly may have been having a few sips before the post debate interviews.

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/04/bill_oreilly_drunk_or_just_awkward_an_in_depth_ana lysis_of_his_slurry_bizzare_gop_debate_show/

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2016, 11:04 PM
I didn't say that- Dowd did.

But to answer, EVERYONE agreed that these fascist like, Middle East strongman tyrants were "evil and need to go", Tom.

But, nobody from the Con conmen class thought through, what to do next!

Hillary, by voting in favour and not bringing those very concerns front and centre, was not her finest hour. Anyone can get steamrolled into making the wrong decision on the wrong evidence, when the rah rah rah machine gets rolling.

It takes real stones to have a platinum spine to walk the correct,road less taken. History, comes to the defense of those who did- in the long game.Oh, you mean like Donald J. Trump?

reckless
03-07-2016, 01:03 AM
Even *I* know there is no bigger fan of Trump on Fox than O'Reilly...come on man...OK, let me revise that...he's probably Trump's second biggest fan behind Judge Jeanine.... :lol:

Well, all I saw was O'Reilly standing up to interview Trump and he made it a point to comment on how much taller he was to Trump. I do not recall O'R ever standing to interview someone.

Later, he was sitting down when talking to chronic loser Marco Rubio. Imagine if O'R and Rubio had their interview standing up? It would have looked like Andre the Giant was talking to Sky Low Low for god's sake. :lol: :lol:

O'R and Trump may be fast friends but one-world international corporate s-bag Rupert Murdoch is a bag man for Rubio's SuperPAC -- the Fox News Network and an out-of-the-closet Hillary Clinton enabler and supporter. And, he still signs O'R's paychecks, so to speak.

reckless
03-07-2016, 01:06 AM
Surely he mentioned Reckless? :confused:

He couldn't mention me because I write his speeches and press conference material.