PDA

View Full Version : NYRA Wagering Menu

Vinman
03-02-2016, 09:58 PM
What would you like to see added or changed?

I will pass on any thoughts to a NYRA board member I know, who I will be seeing in the morning.

Vinman

EMD4ME
03-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Yes, please.

2 pick 5's.

Add a place pick all.

Make Grand Slam a 5 and 1. Not a 3/1. 3 races to show and 1 to win, is too easy.

Thank you.

MONEY
03-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Make Grand Slam available to out of state simulcast players.

EMD4ME
03-02-2016, 10:12 PM

I will pass on any thoughts to a NYRA board member I know, who I will be seeing in the morning.

Vinman

Yeah, I have 1 more.... :D :D :D :D

Add a race where jockeys are NOT allowed to wager :lol: :lol: :lol:

PA, stopping there.....don't worry!

thespaah
03-02-2016, 10:50 PM
Dump the quiniellas.
Add a second pick 5 on cards of ten races or more.
Go back to the old standard of eight or more betting interests being the minimum for vertical bets of three or more positions.
Trifecta bets on 6 horse fields is ridiculous.
I have also noticed that handle on the daily double wager has fallen steadily since the rolling double has been used. The double should be races one and two and the last two on the card.
Finally. At least explore the idea of bringing in some the types of exotics available in Japan and Hing Kong and replace some the tired old wagers here.
Heck...Look at the difference in handle.
HK handles in one day than all American tracks combined, handle in a week.

HalvOnHorseracing
03-02-2016, 11:02 PM

Vinman
Drop the quinellas. Ultimately they canabalize the exacta pool.

Go to the Euro-style win-place, where the place bet covers the top three finishers. Fewer pools should build the ones that remain.

Eliminate couplings, or in the alternative, require that if part of an entry is to be scratched do it 24 hours before the race.

Lower the take on trifectas

lamboguy
03-03-2016, 03:10 AM
my thought would be to get rid of all exotic wagering during the weekdays and only offer them on weekends when the handles are higher.

fiveouttasix
03-03-2016, 06:17 AM
Make Grand Slam available to out of state simulcast players.
I second this.

Rutgers
03-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Just my two-bit opinion:

I like the Grand Slam wager, but based on the fact that there are 9 winning combos for the wager, the takeout needs to be lowered to the state minimum 15%.

As for the Pick 5, I would like them to go to a daily 4 out of 5 conso payout. As long as the takeout remains at 15%, the successful regular long-term players return will remain about the same, but the churn will increase because the payouts will be spread out among more players. With more smaller payouts being returned, it makes it easier financially for more players to become regular long-term players of the wager. The possibility of a conso payout would also encourage some of the smaller and/or occasional players of the bet to bet more into the pools, feeling that have a better chance to get some return on the wager.

OptionalClaimer
03-03-2016, 09:12 AM
Tell them to drop the pick 6 to $1 or do what Gulfstream has done .20 rainbow

AlBundy33
03-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Discontinue the rolling doubles, have them for the 1st/2nd, midcard and final two races of the card.

Have superfecta betting only in races that have 10 or more betting interests.

tophatmert
03-03-2016, 10:06 AM
full field pick 3 lower takeout (12 horse fields). Races do not have to be consecutive.

Stillriledup
03-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Have one race (large field) where the minimum trifecta is 5 dollars and if nobody hits, the pool gets instantly Carried over to the next race.

MonmouthParkJoe
03-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Since the track holds more for on track live wagering, why not offer an incentive to have lower take for live bets made on track? Ideally, this would increase churn on track where you are most profitable, and get more people to the track. There will be cross over into other sales like concessions, programs, or parking where the track makes a considerable higher margin. I know this would be a legislative hurdle, but in the long run would benefit considering the wagering behavior of players has gravitated to playing online and shows no sign of slowing down.

mannyberrios
03-03-2016, 11:34 AM
Cancel Bets

Stillriledup
03-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Id get rid of the 50 cent tri and the 10 c super, but, that's just me I guess :p

thespaah
03-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Id get rid of the 50 cent tri and the 10 c super, but, that's just me I guess :p
Since you are the most outspoken opponent f low minimum exotics, what amount do you deem appropriate as the base amount?
Now, no waffling. I state this because you've been adamant against. I want to know the number you are for.

thespaah
03-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Have one race (large field) where the minimum trifecta is 5 dollars and if nobody hits, the pool gets instantly Carried over to the next race.
Hmmm. Tell ya what.. THat's not a bad idea....One wrinkle. The field has to be no fewer than TEN betting interests. No coupled entries allowed either....As a matter of fact NYRA should go back to the old rule of no couples entries in multi entry vertical wager races of three or more betting interests.
Ultimately, i'd be in support of eliminating coupled entries.

thespaah
03-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Cancel Bets
Please expand on that comment.
Thanks

therussmeister
03-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Cancel Bets
A lot of people don't want the jockeys to bet, but you want to let one bet?

Stillriledup
03-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Since you are the most outspoken opponent f low minimum exotics, what amount do you deem appropriate as the base amount?
Now, no waffling. I state this because you've been adamant against. I want to know the number you are for.

I would say 1 dollar for tri and super is fine. If you want to have 10 cent supers and 50 cent tris in fields of 10 or more, I would probably give you that concession.

Stillriledup
03-03-2016, 06:35 PM
A lot of people don't want the jockeys to bet, but you want to let one bet?

bcYppAs6ZdI

mannyberrios
03-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Please expand on that comment.
Thanks
On the NYRA.COM REWARDS, the don't have a cancel bets. If you bet the wrong horse, you can't cancel

Alwaysonpoint36
03-03-2016, 08:36 PM
On the NYRA.COM REWARDS, the don't have a cancel bets. If you bet the wrong horse, you can't cancel

You can cancel bets on nyra rewards. How many bets I screwed up wagering on an iPhone4 a couple of years ago because of fat fingers.

EMD4ME
03-03-2016, 09:47 PM

My Account, Today's Wagers, when they pop up, go all the way to the right. Hit cancel, pop in pin. Bet cancelled.

thespaah
03-04-2016, 11:50 PM
I would say 1 dollar for tri and super is fine. If you want to have 10 cent supers and 50 cent tris in fields of 10 or more, I would probably give you that concession.
Reasonable....TY