PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney to make major announcement

lamboguy
03-02-2016, 04:08 PM
https://www.trunews.com/mitt-romney-to-make-major-announcement-tomorrow/

he might decide to try to shake up this presidential race.

johnhannibalsmith
03-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Allegedly going to lay out the comprehensive, definitive case against Trump. Man, these morons just don't get it. They may as well just put him on the ballot now and stop wasting time with primaries. Talk about the wrong messenger. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Is there anyone alive who thought Mitt Romney was still relevant prior to Trump running for President?

Answer to that: NO

So why is he all of a sudden relevant now?

I don't really give a **** any more. Let's just elect Clinton now and get it over with.

BELMONT 6-6-09
03-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Is there anyone alive who thought Mitt Romney was still relevant prior to Trump running for President?

Answer to that: NO

So why is he all of a sudden relevant now?

I don't really give a **** any more. Let's just elect Clinton now and get it over with.

I sense the same frustration PA the nonsense never ends.

boxcar
03-02-2016, 04:33 PM
why is he all of a sudden relevant now?

Losers pick losers in their frantic desperation to knock Trump off.

Here comes the Mormon in his shining armor riding his white charger. :rolleyes:

lamboguy
03-02-2016, 04:40 PM
i really feel bad for a lot of people that had high hopes for Trump to become the next president including myself.

the thing that kills me is that these people that support him with their soles really love this country. Romney is nothing but a first class jerk, i knew him when i had an office in the same building as him 35 years ago. i had lunch with him one day and thought he was a joke walking around in a Burburry raincoat in the middle of the summer.

azeri98
03-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Trump isn't part of the club, they don't want him in. They will pick someone else at the convention despite the wishes and votes of the people, how is that democratic?

davew
03-02-2016, 04:47 PM
i really feel bad for a lot of people that had high hopes for Trump to become the next president including myself.

the thing that kills me is that these people that support him with their soles really love this country. Romney is nothing but a first class jerk, i knew him when i had an office in the same building as him 35 years ago. i had lunch with him one day and thought he was a joke walking around in a Burburry raincoat in the middle of the summer.

Many politicians are like that, take credit for what other people have done and lie through their teeth, depending on who the audience is that day.

Maybe Romney is going to give his blessing/backing for Trump, as most elected Republicans in the capital already know they hate Cruz.

ebcorde
03-02-2016, 05:00 PM

You think Benghazi was bad, try serving in the middle east with nasty ole Trump throwing out insults from the safety of the soon to be New Trump Tower "The White house". For anyone working oversees for the State Department, their job will be representing Donald J Trump. Good luck with that.

People better start thinking.

_______
03-02-2016, 05:03 PM
I really have to laugh that NOW, as the door is slamming on their asses, is when establishment Republicans choose to pull their heads out of the sand and get organized.

delayjf
03-02-2016, 05:09 PM
You think Benghazi was bad, try serving in the middle east with nasty ole Trump throwing out insults from the safety of the soon to be New Trump Tower "The White house". For anyone working oversees for the State Department, their job will be representing Donald J Trump. Good luck with that.

If Hillary gets elected you probably won't be able to give those jobs away, they already know she's not going to be coming to the rescue.

ebcorde
03-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Trump isn't part of the club, they don't want him in. They will pick someone else at the convention despite the wishes and votes of the people, how is that democratic?

But it's THEIR Party. I've always known they're both clubs. Democrats have this super delegate thing.

Trump is funny but he's an a-hole. That Kovaleski comment and skit sold me on that. His kids keep telling us , he's this great guy, I haven't seen it yet.
He does not want people dying on the street, that's common sense to any New Yorker.
I give him no points for that.

Seems to me he's had people kissing his butt so long he thinks everything he says is great. Good looking women have this problem too.

ebcorde
03-02-2016, 05:24 PM
If Hillary gets elected you probably won't be able to give those jobs away, they already know she's not going to be coming to the rescue.

she'll do great, continuing the hard work of digging out of the gigantic hole Bush put us in after the Clintons left a surplus.

Bill Clinton's biggest mistake was Nafta, and since the republicans never voted to end Nafta as they tried Obamacare, they now get Trumped. They are done. Will be curious to see how she defends Nafta now.

Rookies
03-02-2016, 05:26 PM

It's not, really.

Except, if the rules are ginned up to allow this insider chicanery.

newtothegame
03-02-2016, 06:04 PM
As said prior, the establishment will do ANYTHING to prevent a Trump nomination. And they all say Trump will destroy the party...lol They are destroying it themselves showing their true colors and what this is really about.
The people are speaking up and the establishment wants no part of what the people are saying......

GEAUX TRUMP!!!!!!

barahona44
03-02-2016, 06:23 PM
Many politicians are like that, take credit for what other people have done and lie through their teeth, depending on who the audience is that day.

Maybe Romney is going to give his blessing/backing for Trump, as most elected Republicans in the capital already know they hate Cruz.
Most is a more accurate adjective.

TJDave
03-02-2016, 06:37 PM
I'm confident that whatever Romney has to say will have the backing of 47% of the electorate. :rolleyes:

zico20
03-02-2016, 06:39 PM
she'll do great, continuing the hard work of digging out of the gigantic hole Bush put us in after the Clintons left a surplus.

Bill Clinton's biggest mistake was Nafta, and since the republicans never voted to end Nafta as they tried Obamacare, they now get Trumped. They are done. Will be curious to see how she defends Nafta now.

Let me guess. If the Democrats have control of the WH for the next 24 years you will still be saying the same thing. He/she will continue the hard work of digging out of the gigantic hole Bush put us in 24 years ago. Give it up, Obama had 8 years to make the economy strong and he could not do it. Reagan needed far less to get us out of a bigger mess than Obama inherited.

Stillriledup
03-02-2016, 06:51 PM

People better start thinking.

This is hogwash, soldiers safety isn't going to get any better or any worse no matter what Trump says, the danger is the danger, it's not going to get more dangerous.

Boulder
03-02-2016, 07:01 PM
The media is crazy for putting this Rom who on. He has been upset since Trump called him a looser for losing to Obama. This is not going to make a difference in the polls. If he had the balls he should of ran. Talk about a choker and having a melt- down just look how Obama took him apart.He is just a coward. Waste of time.

ArlJim78
03-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Mittens is more committed to defeating Trump than he was Obama. In fact he's never even been a factor other than when he is actively running. Otherwise he remains in the background and leaves the battles to others. I couldn't care less about his self proclaimed "major speech".

dartman51
03-02-2016, 07:30 PM

I can't believe you're still repeating that myth. http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-837799 From the CNN article: It never happened. There was never a surplus and the facts support that position. In fact, far from a $360 billion reduction in the national debt in FY1998-FY2000, there was an increase of $281 billion. :eek:

_______
03-02-2016, 08:20 PM
I saw a Republican operative quoted as describing this late stage effort to derail Trump as the denial stage of grief.

Tom
03-02-2016, 09:24 PM
Mitt proved he is a weakling and a coward and has nothing to offer.
Candy Crowley beat him into the ground.

Not only has his ship sailed, it struck a rock and sank in the harbor.

fast4522
03-02-2016, 09:49 PM

OK I will bite, do you feel Donald Trump as President would have your 6 if you got posted in a similar position?

Actor
03-02-2016, 11:14 PM
Trump isn't part of the club, they don't want him in. They will pick someone else at the convention despite the wishes and votes of the people, how is that democratic?Can they do that? If Trump shows up at the convention with 1237+ delegates could they actually, legally pick someone else?

fast4522
03-02-2016, 11:52 PM
I'm confident that whatever Romney has to say will have the backing of 47% of the electorate. :rolleyes:

Completely emasculating a former United States President and his brother and only increasing his support base was priceless to see the far left here squirm. God help Mitt Romney, he will rue the day that he stepped into this.

ReplayRandall
03-03-2016, 12:07 AM
Completely emasculating a former United States President and his brother and only increasing his support base was priceless to see the far left here squirm. God help Mitt Romney, he will rue the day that he stepped into this.

Mittens must think Trump is lightweight Rick Perry or something.....Unbelievable this guy begged and got Trump's endorsement 4 years ago, and then pulls this crap because Trump called him out for blowing a sure win against Obama.....

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/donald-trump-endorses-mitt-romney-matter-15504729

ArlJim78
03-03-2016, 12:41 AM
With the waning of Rubio's star and the race now down to Trump or Cruz, it appears like the GOPe (Princess Leia) went into a panic and sent a droid to deliver a message to their savior (Obi Wan Romney), "Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope"

MutuelClerk
03-03-2016, 06:24 AM
47% of the people don't like Mitt. The remaining 53% don't respect him.

burnsy
03-03-2016, 06:41 AM
Let me guess. If the Democrats have control of the WH for the next 24 years you will still be saying the same thing. He/she will continue the hard work of digging out of the gigantic hole Bush put us in 24 years ago. Give it up, Obama had 8 years to make the economy strong and he could not do it. Reagan needed far less to get us out of a bigger mess than Obama inherited.

This is what people don't understand and the Democrats and Republicans got us here but knot heads out there will support them to the bitter end. Yeah, the problem in the 70's was way worse? Are you out of your mind or just some partisan fool? This is why these political threads are dangerous. It gives people "their freedom" to show how ignorant they really are. I would suggest googling the "debt clock", that's simple enough for you.....its about to break 19 trillion. We didn't even owe money like that after WW2.

On a little more complicated subject the bailout and the "interest manipulation" after the "bust" has been estimated to cost 16 trillion....."Yeah, its been way worse before"...that statement is foolish. And people think some "magic man" is going to come into office and fix this one over night...........good luck fools, this could take a century if we don't go under first.

Plus, the banking system and markets are being artificially propped still and other countries are doing poorly too.........this could wind up being the "mother" of all depressions some day still.

pandy
03-03-2016, 06:49 AM

Clinton's other mistake besides Nafta was screwing with the mortgage system via the Community Reinvestment Act. Time Magazine had an excellent article on the 25 people most responsible for the mortgage meltdown and Clinton was ranked right next to Bush on the list. Here is what they said (below in italics). Clinton certainly did some good things and he worked well with the Republican party in Congress, but he was greatly aided by the technology boom which powered the economy during the '90's.

from TIME MAGAZINE:

President Clinton's tenure was characterized by economic prosperity and financial deregulation, which in many ways set the stage for the excesses of recent years. Among his biggest strokes of free-wheeling capitalism was the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which repealed the Glass-Steagall Act, a cornerstone of Depression-era regulation. He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods. It is the subject of heated political and scholarly debate whether any of these moves are to blame for our troubles, but they certainly played a role in creating a permissive lending environment.

newtothegame
03-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Mittens will come out today and tell us all (those who have already voted in primaries) how wrong their vote was.....
For those yet to vote, he will tell them how they can rectify the mess the GOP is in......
He will go on how Trump is bad news etc etc.....

For those of you who haven't gotten the message yet, they are now telling you that your vote was wrong and that you didn't vote how THEY wanted you too......Shame on you all.....

Makes me an even bigger supporter now!!!! Maybe I will go buy a t shirt "Make America great again....by destroying the GOP ESTABLISHMENT"

GEAUX TRUMP!!!!!

pandy
03-03-2016, 08:45 AM
Your feeling about this is universal among Trump supporters. The more the "establishment" knocks Trump, the stronger he'll get.

barahona44
03-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Can they do that? If Trump shows up at the convention with 1237+ delegates could they actually, legally pick someone else?
One possibility is that Mitch McConnell orders hits on enough delegates,finds similar looking people to those Trump supporters and has plastic surgery performed on them, then those delegates "go rogue", change their vote and force a brokered convention.

A second possibility is that Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator mode goes back in time and assassinates The Donald, thus preventing this problem in the first place.

classhandicapper
03-03-2016, 09:34 AM
The republicans are idiots.

I like Romney, but at this point he's a dinosaur. He's just another version of Jeb, Rubio etc...

They don't understand that there is a humongous constituency out there on both sides of the aisle that is sick to death of business as usual. They are sick and tired of failed campaign promises, political correctness, Wall St and bank bailouts, trade deals that gut their jobs and destroy the middle class, promises that aren't kept when it comes to their pensions and post-retirement healthcare, having to pick up the tab for illegal immigrants when they can barely afford to care for themselves, wars that are none of our business etc...

Trump is probably the worst candidate of my lifetime, but he's tapping into all this anger from conservatives, independents, blue collar workers, union workers, etc... There is an opportunity here to build a new party and bring in the Reagan democrats, blacks, and even many Hispanics if it's done correctly.

Instead of destroying the party with the same idiocy and policies from the neocons and Wall St crowd that put it into this position to begin with, they should be embracing most of Trump's agenda and just put a nice clean coat of paint on it so it's acceptable to more mainstream people. Just make it professional, presidential, less offensive etc... instead of a P.T. Barnum act of extreme statements and ideas.

Clinton is a corrupt lying sleazeball and Wall St puppet.

She'd be easy to destroy with a good candidate and the right priorities.

pandy
03-03-2016, 09:38 AM
The republicans are idiots.

I like Romney, but at this point he's a dinosaur. He's just another version of Jeb, Rubio etc...

They don't understand that there is a humongous constituency out there on both sides of the aisle that is sick to death of business as usual. They are sick and tired of failed promises, political correctness, Wall St and bank bailouts, trade deals that gut their jobs and destroy the middle class, promises that aren't kept when it comes to their pensions and post-retirement healthcare, having to pick up the tab for illegal immigrants when they can barely afford to care for themselves, wars that are none of our business etc...

Trump is probably the worst candidate of my lifetime, but he's tapping into all this anger from conservatives, independents, blue collar workers, union workers, etc... There is an opportunity here to build a new party and bring in the Reagan democrats, blacks, and even many Hispanics if it's done correctly.

Instead of destroying the party with the same idiocy that put it into this position to begin with, they should be embracing most of Trump's agenda but putting a nice clean coat of paint on it so it's acceptable to more mainstream people by making it professional, presidential, less offensive etc... instead of a P.T. Barnum act of extreme statements and ideas.

Well said. I totally agree. The more they attack Trump the more ridiculous they look.

delayjf
03-03-2016, 10:21 AM
OK I will bite, do you feel Donald Trump as President would have your 6 if you got posted in a similar position?

One never knows until they're in that position. Hillary was in that position and we saw the outcome, so yes I would rather take my chances with Trump.

delayjf
03-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Clinton's other mistake besides Nafta was screwing with the mortgage system via the Community Reinvestment Act. Time Magazine had an excellent article on the 25 people most responsible for the mortgage meltdown and Clinton was ranked right next to Bush on the list. Here is what they said (below in italics). Clinton certainly did some good things and he worked well with the Republican party in Congress, but he was greatly aided by the technology boom which powered the economy during the '90's.

As I recall, Clinton was the only 2 term President that did not suffer a recession during his terms in office.
screwing with the mortgage system via the Community Reinvestment Act.
Clinton also signed the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act which many believe led to the 2007 mortgage crisis.

I will have to read the article but the Bush Administration was on record trying to rain in Freddie and Fannie.

Nutz and Boltz
03-03-2016, 11:04 AM
After the Mittman's speech, tonight's debate is definitely must see t.v. The WWF hits Detroit tonight!

woodtoo
03-03-2016, 11:07 AM
47% of the people don't like Mitt. The remaining 53% don't respect him.
You got that right.

Stillriledup
03-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Well said. I totally agree. The more they attack Trump the more ridiculous they look.

They think people are stupid, very few words out of the mouths of Marco or Ted are about them being a great candidate while discussing the issues, they've turned this into a 'Donald's no good so pick me by default' campaign, but people need more meat from them.

Tom
03-03-2016, 11:31 AM
A man who was soundly rejected by Americans will now tell us who we should not vote for.

Mitt, go away.
Stay away.
Shut up.

NO ONE cares what you have to say.

Inner Dirt
03-03-2016, 11:47 AM

How is doubling the national debt in the last 8 years digging out of a hole?

Tom
03-03-2016, 12:35 PM
IF you listen to Mitt's comments about Trump in 2012, then listen to what he said today, there is only one question. Was he lying then or lying now?

Do these morons realize that we have then on video and tape? :lol::lol::lol:

I guess his magic underwear is fishnets and spiked heels, because he is certainly a whore. Says whatever the John wants to hear. For a quata!

Mitt Reid.
Dingy Mittens.

Saratoga_Mike
03-03-2016, 01:06 PM
IF you listen to Mitt's comments about Trump in 2012, then listen to what he said today, there is only one question. Was he lying then or lying now?

If you listen to Trump's comments about Iraq, abortion, taxes, guns, spending, Syria, Libya and healthcare over time (some long ago, some much more recently), then listen to what he says today, there is one question: Does he believe in anything?

magwell
03-03-2016, 01:14 PM
To bad this jerk didn't come out punching like that 4yrs ago, this pansy was born on 3rd base and thought he hit a triple........:rolleyes:

Nutz and Boltz
03-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Granmaw Clinton couldn't have said it any better. :D

It's easy to talk big when you don't have The Donald standing face to face with you. Mitt wouldn't be able to get a word in edgewise.

boxcar
03-03-2016, 01:29 PM
The Desperate Party of Stupid drags out their next attack dog against Trump: McCain. Another loser!

Who will be the next establishment loser the party digs up: Dole? :rolleyes:

_______
03-03-2016, 01:41 PM
To bad this jerk didn't come out punching like that 4yrs ago, this pansy was born on 3rd base and thought he hit a triple........:rolleyes:

Romney or Trump?

Nutz and Boltz
03-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Trumps twitter account strangely quiet.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Welcome home, Scott Kelly!!

magwell
03-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Romney or Trump?Funny ........haha

Nutz and Boltz
03-03-2016, 01:55 PM
The Desperate Party of Stupid drags out their next attack dog against Trump: McCain. Another loser!

Who will be the next establishment loser the party digs up: Dole? :rolleyes:
They might have to dig up Ronald Reagan , now. :D

Welcome home , Scott Kelly!!!

OntheRail
03-03-2016, 02:00 PM
9jrYIdWROXE

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0f/06/c0/0f06c01eb9a010fab244bc553033fcb8.jpg

Hi I"m William Devane. With silver at an all time low... that 30 pieces needed to buy Rommey and show the true colors of the GOPee Establishment has not been lower. So protect your IRA... NRA... and Your Right the Choose a better Future. By Investing in Trump!

The Time Is Now... Show Your Vote Counts... Make America Great Again!

Vote Trump!

This message put together by PA voters for Trump... no affiliation with PA.

pandy
03-03-2016, 02:05 PM
This is unbelievable. Romney just insulted all conservatives, which will mobilize Trump's supporters. The republican party looks like a bunch of idiots right now.

tucker6
03-03-2016, 02:21 PM
If you listen to Trump's comments about Iraq, abortion, taxes, guns, spending, Syria, Libya and healthcare over time (some long ago, some much more recently), then listen to what he says today, there is one question: Does he believe in anything?
Take out the candidate name and insert any other name and it would be the same. You're just telling us the sky is blue and water is wet.

tucker6
03-03-2016, 02:23 PM
This is unbelievable. Romney just insulted all conservatives, which will mobilize Trump's supporters. The republican party looks like a bunch of idiots right now.
The more the republican party attacks Trump, the more I think they need Trump as their party leader to wake them the hell up.

Tom
03-03-2016, 02:33 PM

I will vote for Hillary before I vote for ANY establishment repub.
Why would they think bringing out a proven loser like Dingy Mittens would help???

highnote
03-03-2016, 02:40 PM
The more the republican party attacks Trump, the more I think they need Trump as their party leader to wake them the hell up.

It's just like running a business. You give your customers what they want. The customers are saying they want Trump. The "owners" ( the establishment) are trying to tell their customers what to buy.

Well, the customers aren't buying it.

Nutz and Boltz
03-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Been watching his speech at a rally in Portland Maine. He went on and on for almost an hour, making no sense. He's lost touch with reality. Sad.

Stillriledup
03-03-2016, 03:00 PM

All he's doing is trying to get elected, so he will say anything, just like every other politician. The key is not talk, it's performance, we can't hold Trump to 'lies' because they all do it.

boxcar
03-03-2016, 03:01 PM
They might have to dig up Ronald Reagan , now. :D

No need for that. Both parties have more than a few Walking Dead!

_______
03-03-2016, 03:22 PM
It's just like running a business. You give your customers what they want. The customers are saying they want Trump. The "owners" ( the establishment) are trying to tell their customers what to buy.

Well, the customers aren't buying it.

Trump has received 34.1% of the votes cast in Republican primaries and caucuses so far. It's a plurality but hardly enough to claim that the customers have spoken. Exit polls in South Carolina and Georgia (both of which Trump won) showed over 50% of those interviewed said they would not be happy with Trump as the Republican nominee.

In his best performance to date, he received less than 50% of the votes cast. That was in Massachusettes whose electoral votes are carved in granite for the Democratic nominee.

It's one thing to claim the voters have spoken when a candidate has actually received a majority of the votes somewhere. But that hasn't happened yet with Trump.

In American politics, "Movement" and "Revolution" are generally code words for "no evidence we can actually win".

The Republican coalition is fractured and in the process of unraveling. I know for some here that is nothing but good news. The only silver lining I see is that this isn't 2020 with governorships and state legislatures in play with redistricting on their agendas.

Hopefully after 12 years of Democratics running the executive branch, Republican voters will have tired of chewing off their own feet and be ready to nominate an adult.

Nutz and Boltz
03-03-2016, 03:24 PM
How fitting, after his speech in Portland they played "You can't always get what you want" by the Stones.

mostpost
03-03-2016, 03:26 PM
I see that you were born in October of 1968, so perhaps you can be excused for your ignorance of the Reagan years. Except that we now have a thing called the internet and all the information is at your fingertips.

Let's start with the Dow. In September 1978 the Dow stood at 3079.72. It reached a low of 2182.87 in August 1982; 19 months after Reagan took office. It dropped 29%.
In September 2007, the DOW stood at 15,757.69. It reached a low of 8401.72 in March 2009; two months after Obama took office. It dropped 46.7%. Obama inherited a worse mess.

Here are the unemployment numbers three years before to two years after Reagan took office.
Jan. 1978 6.4%
Jan. 1979 5.9%
Jan. 1980 6.3%
Jan. 1981 7.8%
Jan. 1982 8.6%
Dec. 1982 10.8%

The same for Obama.
Jan. 2007 4.5%
Jan. 2008 5.0%
Jan. 2009 7.8%
Jan. 2010 9.8%
Jan. 2011 9.1%
Dec. 2011 8.5%

So for Reagan we see that the numbers started out fairly high, dropped a little for one year then continued to climb every year until at least December of 1982.
For Obama we see that the numbers started out moderately low; climbed for the next three years, then started to fall and have fallen ever since.

Obama inherited a bigger mess and has been better at fixing it.

Seven of the ten largest Bankruptcies in US history occurred during or shortly after the Great Recession.
Obama had a bigger mess to clean up.

In the eight years prior to the Reagan Administration GDP growth averaged 2.9375% annually.
In the eight years prior to the Obama Administration GDP growth averaged 2.1125% annually.
Obama inherited a bigger mess.

The only area in which things were worse in 1980 was the area of inflation.
Inflation is under control thanks to policies which I am sure you disagree with vehemently.

johnhannibalsmith
03-03-2016, 03:42 PM

Do these morons realize that we have then on video and tape? :lol::lol::lol:

I guess his magic underwear is fishnets and spiked heels, because he is certainly a whore. Says whatever the John wants to hear. For a quata!

Mitt Reid.
Dingy Mittens.

Classic Tom post to sit down to and kick off a couple of more pages on Mitt with a bang!
:lol:

TJDave
03-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Hopefully after 12 years of Democratics running the executive branch, Republican voters will have tired of chewing off their own feet and be ready to nominate an adult.

Who would that be?

tucker6
03-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Been watching his speech at a rally in Portland Maine. He went on and on for almost an hour, making no sense. He's lost touch with reality. Sad.
you lean so far left that you fell into the surf along the California coast and yet claim that you watched an hour of Trump who you don't respect or like or believe has any ability. Is that correct??

Clocker
03-03-2016, 03:52 PM
I see that you were born in October of 1968, so perhaps you can be excused for your ignorance of the Reagan years. Except that we now have a thing called the internet

Which seems to have increased ignorance (and incivility) rather than decreased it.

Normally, the lower you start, the more opportunity for growth, and the easier it is to attain, measured relative to the starting point. This is the first administration in the modern era in which GDP growth was under 3% for every single year.

President Obama has presided over an economic recovery — now more than six years old — that is far worse than all the previous 10 stretching back 70 years.

Even President Bush’s recovery from the 2001 recession — widely derided by Democrats and the press for being far too tepid — was stronger than Obama’s. After 24 quarters, Obama’s GDP is up a mere 13.3%. By this point in the Bush recovery, GDP had grown 18%.

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/tepid-gdp-growth-leaves-economy-even-further-behind-the-pace/

Inflation is under control thanks to policies which I am sure you disagree with vehemently.

You are correct on both counts. Low economic growth is a very effective policy for combating inflation.

Redboard
03-03-2016, 04:09 PM

What? The crowd loved it. They were overflowing out the door. I thought he put Mitt in his place and gave the people an entertaining time.

You have top admit, his rallies aren't boring.

_______
03-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Who would that be?

My dream candidate would be a vulgar authoritarian plutocrat whose supporters regularly mistake barely 1/3 support as a sweeping mandate. It would help if he had no chance at winning a general election and might drag control of the Senate down the sewer with him.

Who would you like to see?

highnote
03-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Trump has received 34.1% of the votes cast in Republican primaries and caucuses so far. It's a plurality but hardly enough to claim that the customers have spoken..

Trump has about 1/2 the delegates -- 319 vs 370 for the other four

He will pick up some delegates as the others drop out. And that should put him over 50%. Customers want a choice other than what gop establishment is selling

_______
03-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Trump has about 1/2 the delegates -- 319 vs 370 for the other four

He will pick up some delegates as the others drop out. And that should put him over 50%. Customers want a choice other than what gop establishment is selling

I haven't argued that he won't be the nominee since New Hampshire. It would be nice to see him start to make his way toward a majority in some election somewhere along the line but I have no problem with him winning the nomination under the rules set even if that never occurs.

My response was to your argument that others in the GOP coalition have no business interfering with "the will of the people" when what you are actually talking about is the will of just over 1/3 of the people.

TJDave
03-03-2016, 04:49 PM
My dream candidate would be a vulgar authoritarian plutocrat whose supporters regularly mistake barely 1/3 support as a sweeping mandate. It would help if he had no chance at winning a general election and might drag control of the Senate down the sewer with him.

Who would you like to see?

Deja vu all over again.

Seriously, who would you find electable?

I see no republican who can stem the rising tide of liberalism. The numbers are not there.

Saratoga_Mike
03-03-2016, 04:52 PM
All he's doing is trying to get elected, so he will say anything, just like every other politician. The key is not talk, it's performance, we can't hold Trump to 'lies' because they all do it.

Totally agree - Trump's no different than any pol. I've said that on a number of occasions.

Saratoga_Mike
03-03-2016, 04:55 PM
What? The crowd loved it. They were overflowing out the door. I thought he put Mitt in his place and gave the people an entertaining time.

You have top admit, his rallies aren't boring.

Most of the time he makes Sarah Palin seem articulate, but as you say the crowds love him.

_______
03-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Deja vu all over again.

Seriously, who would you find electable?

I see no republican who can stem the rising tide of liberalism. The numbers are not there.

I think the difficulty the party faces is that it has defined itself for the last 8 years as "Not Obama" without offering any vision of what it would do differently (other than "not whatever the Democrats just said").

We have wasted too much time coddling idiots who want to dismiss actual election results with down the rabbit hole theories about an elected President's birthplace and religion instead of working to persuade voters with a conservative vision that works for them.

The "rise of liberalism" you perceive is entirely the result of failures by conservatives to engage with actual voters. The Hispanic vote in this country (although by no means the unified bloc a term like "Hispanic vote" implies) is a socially conservative cohert which SHOULD be open to messaging about personal and fiscal responsibility.

But it's difficult to get that message out over loudmouth rhetoric about rapists and farcical walls that won't ever get built but will energize voters who perceive those words as grounded in antipathy toward them.

The short answer is that I don't know who might be a good candidate in 2020. I hope someone comes forward with a positive conservative vision. And I won't give up just because we get blown out in 2016.

Stillriledup
03-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Did mitt speak yet? I'm busy losing money at the track, haven't been paying attn :D

mostpost
03-03-2016, 06:58 PM
President Obama has presided over an economic recovery — now more than six years old — that is far worse than all the previous 10 stretching back 70 years.

Even President Bush’s recovery from the 2001 recession — widely derided by Democrats and the press for being far too tepid — was stronger than Obama’s. After 24 quarters, Obama’s GDP is up a mere 13.3%. By this point in the Bush recovery, GDP had grown 18%.

All of which ignores the unprecedented obstructionism of Republicans in Congress.
Congress passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, but, at the insistence of Republicans, it cut $30B in funding for school construction. That cost 250,000 additional jobs. Republicans insisted on extending the Alternative Minimum Tax "patch." If the money spent on that had been used for stimulus, it would have created 750,000 jobs.

In Feb. 2010, Senate Republicans blocked cloture on the HIRE Act (H.R. 2847) and managed to strip down stimulus provisions, paring the bill to about $15 billion in poorly targeted economic stimulus; the bill originated as the House-passed Jobs for Main Street Act, a $75 billion package of infrastructure investments, aid to state governments, and other job creation measures.

Also in Feb. 2010, Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.) filibustered the House-passed Temporary Extension Act (H.R. 4691), which would have extended emergency unemployment benefits, COBRA health insurance subsidies for the unemployed, and expanded Small Business Administration loan guarantees, among other provisions.

The following month, Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) filibustered the Continuing Extension Act (H.R. 4851), a similar package of economic stimulus targeted toward the unemployed. In June 2010, Senate Republicans repeatedly blocked cloture votes on the House-passed American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act (H.R. 4213), which would have provided infrastructure investment incentives, business tax credits, a summer youth employment fund, and a six-month extension of emergency unemployment benefits, among other provisions. By July 2010, more than 2.5 million workers had lost unemployment benefits for at least a spell of time because Senate Republicans continued to block the Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) program, objecting to typically pro forma emergency designations for routine economic support (i.e., demanding offsetting “pay-fors”).

In Sept. 2011, Obama proposed the AJA, a $447 billion package of infrastructure spending, unemployment benefits, funds for rehiring teachers and first responders, and tax cuts for households and businesses, among other provisions. Senate Republicans filibustered the full $447 billion AJA, and subsequently blocked smaller subsets of the AJA that would have put a dent in the unemployment rate, notably funds to rehire teachers and first responders as well as $56 billion worth of infrastructure investments. All variations of the AJA would have been financed with surtaxes on millionaires—meaning that long-run deficits would actually be reduced by the AJA. President Obama proposed another variation of the AJA in his fiscal 2013 budget, which we estimated would have lowered the unemployment rate roughly half a percentage point. Congress only enacted a scaled back extension of the payroll tax cut (the AJA would have expanded it for workers and employers) and EUC (Congress unwisely lowered the maximum duration of benefits in high unemployment states from 99 weeks to 73 weeks in the midst of a long-term unemployment crisis). We estimated that full passage of the AJA would have boosted real GDP growth by 1.4 percentage points and employment by more than 1.6 million jobs by the end of 2012, relative to the scaled back extension of ad hoc stimulus that made it through Congress.

Throughout the recession and subsequent attempts at recovery, the Republicans have been motivated by an obsession with proving Obama is a failure. Without regard for the effect on working, middle class Americans, they have blocked every proven tactic for dealing with the situation. What they could not block they have watered down.

They are also motivated by the foolish idea that it is a good idea to cut spending in a recession.

The information above was found at the following:
http://www.epi.org/blog/congressional-republicans-smothered-rapid-economic-recovery/

Note that the article is from January 2013, which means that the Republicans have had three more years to screw things up. And they have done a great job of that.

MutuelClerk
03-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Mitt Romney is about as relevant as disco. Don't these dinosaurs realize they're unifying everyone? This is how out of touch these people are.

highnote
03-03-2016, 07:26 PM
when what you are actually talking about is the will of just over 1/3 of the people.

Right now he's got a little over 46% of the delegates. The gop establishment is trying to deny what a large percentage of the party wants. The gop is not listening to their customers -- they are in denial.

ArlJim78
03-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Good thing Trump signed that GOP unity pledge.

Clocker
03-03-2016, 07:41 PM
All of which ignores the unprecedented obstructionism of Republicans in Congress....

...If the money spent on that had been used for stimulus, it would have created 750,000 jobs. ....

....Senate Republicans blocked cloture on the HIRE Act (H.R. 2847) and managed to strip down stimulus provisions, paring the bill to about $15 billion in poorly targeted economic stimulus....

Blah, blah, blah.

Nitpicking about minor cuts to a stimulus package of almost $1 trillion that accomplished jack-shite. As Obama himself said, "Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected."

Stimulus spending doesn't work. Keynesian economics doesn't work. This government, led by the tax and spend Democrats, have been trying it for over 50 years, and it just doesn't work. Never has, never will.

And the excuse, as put forth by the likes of the patron saint of stimulus, Paul Krugman, is always that it would have worked, but there just wasn't enough spending. It has never worked because we have never spent enough. :rolleyes:

Hoofless_Wonder
03-03-2016, 07:47 PM
...They are also motivated by the foolish idea that it is a good idea to cut spending in a recession.

Yeah, increasing the National Debt from 10 to 19 Trillion was certainly a "cut" in spending.....:rolleyes:

Mostie, I thought a well-educated feller like yourself would know that increased spending in a recession is ONLY a good idea when surpluses are collected during non-recession years. But then again, your elementary math skills are revealed when backing all those wealth re-distribution bills by the Dems. Please. At best government spending has a neutral impact, and at worst is a significant drain on the economy. It's ECON 101 for crying out loud.

But I shouldn't be surprised. After all, you still <pretend> to think there's a difference between Democrats and Republicans....

But I will agree with you on one thing - Obama did inherit a bigger mess than Reagan - and Ronnie gets way too much credit for raising defense spending, lowering oil prices and crushing the Soviets. The Soviets didn't go away, the cold war really didn't end, communism is alive and well, the world political stability is far less today because of it....

Flysofree
03-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Good thing Trump loves the uneducated. The other 60% of the Republican party doesn't love him..

TJDave
03-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Good thing Trump signed that GOP unity pledge.

I expect that will expire after the first convention ballot.

zico20
03-03-2016, 08:27 PM
I see that you were born in October of 1968, so perhaps you can be excused for your ignorance of the Reagan years. Except that we now have a thing called the internet and all the information is at your fingertips.

Let's start with the Dow. In September 1978 the Dow stood at 3079.72. It reached a low of 2182.87 in August 1982; 19 months after Reagan took office. It dropped 29%.
In September 2007, the DOW stood at 15,757.69. It reached a low of 8401.72 in March 2009; two months after Obama took office. It dropped 46.7%. Obama inherited a worse mess.

Here are the unemployment numbers three years before to two years after Reagan took office.
Jan. 1978 6.4%
Jan. 1979 5.9%
Jan. 1980 6.3%
Jan. 1981 7.8%
Jan. 1982 8.6%
Dec. 1982 10.8%

The same for Obama.
Jan. 2007 4.5%
Jan. 2008 5.0%
Jan. 2009 7.8%
Jan. 2010 9.8%
Jan. 2011 9.1%
Dec. 2011 8.5%

So for Reagan we see that the numbers started out fairly high, dropped a little for one year then continued to climb every year until at least December of 1982.
For Obama we see that the numbers started out moderately low; climbed for the next three years, then started to fall and have fallen ever since.

Seven of the ten largest Bankruptcies in US history occurred during or shortly after the Great Recession.
Obama had a bigger mess to clean up.

In the eight years prior to the Reagan Administration GDP growth averaged 2.9375% annually.
In the eight years prior to the Obama Administration GDP growth averaged 2.1125% annually.
Obama inherited a bigger mess.

The only area in which things were worse in 1980 was the area of inflation.

You can't be serious, can you. Inflation hit 13.5 percent and interest rates were as high as 20 percent in 1980. Inflation and interest rates are much, much more of a problem than high unemployment. With unemployment high during this recession the fix was easy. Just extend unemployment benefits for 2 years or more. Whoever kept their job during this recession could and should have made out like bandits. Many people were not affected by this great recession. However, everybody was affected in 1980 with rising prices.

I would have loved to have seen Obama handle the economy with staggering interest rates and inflation. He got off lucky compared to Reagan.

horses4courses
03-03-2016, 08:39 PM
Good thing Trump loves the uneducated. The other 60% of the Republican party doesn't love him..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ccn_KiHUcAEofXN.jpg

Stillriledup
03-03-2016, 08:51 PM

YES!!! YES!!!

mostpost
03-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Nitpicking about minor cuts to a stimulus package of almost $1 trillion that accomplished jack-shite. As Obama himself said, "Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected."
Shovel ready was stupid when Obama said it and even more stupid when Republicans used it to try and convince people that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act didn't work. Some projects were delayed; none were canceled.

Stimulus spending doesn't work. Keynesian economics doesn't work. This government, led by the tax and spend Democrats, have been trying it for over 50 years, and it just doesn't work. Never has, never will.
Stimulus spending has worked. Just a few examples.
In 1933 FDR established the Public Works Administration (PWA) Rural Electrification Administration (REA), and the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). I know it is dogma among conservatives that the Great Depression did not end until WWII, but here are some facts.
In 1933 unemployment was 24.9%. In 1937 it was 14.7%.

January of 1933 Dow Jones Average was 1116.60
January of 1937 it was 3099.00

Here are the annual GDP growth rate in the years following the official end of the Great Depression.
1934 10.8%
1935 8.9 %
1936 12.1%
1937 5.1%

In 1937/38 there was another recession, caused by the decision to reduce spending and try to balance the budget. Severe cuts were made to PWA, the newly established WPA and other programs. Unemployment went up to 19%.
The following year, the cuts were rescinded and additional spending was authorized. While the recovery was not complete until the war, the economy improved each year.
And the excuse, as put forth by the likes of the patron saint of stimulus, Paul Krugman, is always that it would have worked, but there just wasn't enough spending. It has never worked because we have never spent enough. :rolleyes:
It has worked as I have pointed out. You are right about one thing though. When it hasn't worked it is because we have not spent enough.

Reducing spending is not a good way to get out of a recession. In fact at least five recessions since the Great Depression have "Reduced Government Spending" listed as a major contributing factor.

barahona44
03-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Most, your DJIA numbers are off.The Dow did not reach 1000 until Nov. 14,1972.You have to put that decimal point one place to the left, (111.66, not 1116.60)

www.en.wikipedia/closing_milestones_of_the_Dow_Jones_Industrial_Ave rage

Tom
03-03-2016, 10:57 PM
The Donald loves democrats????

OntheRail
03-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Well he is a uniter.... and the Trump party in flexible and forgiving to a Point.

Clocker
03-03-2016, 11:28 PM
Stimulus spending has worked. Just a few examples.
In 1933 FDR established the Public Works Administration (PWA) Rural Electrification Administration (REA), and the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). I know it is dogma among conservatives that the Great Depression did not end until WWII, but here are some facts.
In 1933 unemployment was 24.9%. In 1937 it was 14.7%.

Those people weren't employed, they were on welfare. They just had to show up every day and lean on a shovel for 8 hours to collect it.

The Great Depression did not end in 1937 or when WWII started. The Great Depression ended after WWII when the country went back to work.

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 12:16 AM

Yes, he said he loved the poorly educated, didnt he? :D

mostpost
03-04-2016, 01:40 AM
Most, your DJIA numbers are off.The Dow did not reach 1000 until Nov. 14,1972.You have to put that decimal point one place to the left, (111.66, not 1116.60)

www.en.wikipedia/closing_milestones_of_the_Dow_Jones_Industrial_Ave rage
It's not a misplaced decimal. The numbers are just wrong. I got them from the chart at this website.
http://www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jones-100-year-historical-chart

Other sources paint a very different picture. According to them:
On 9/4/29 the Dow stood at 379.
By 7/7/32 it had dropped to 41.81.
On 1/3/33 it was 59.29
On 1/2/37 it had risen to 178.52

I have no idea why those Macrotrend numbers are off by so much.

davew
03-04-2016, 02:04 AM
It's not a misplaced decimal. The numbers are just wrong. I got them from the chart at this website.

On 1/3/33 it was 59.29

maybe because of revisionists - the Dow keeps changing companies as some go broke and others start new industries.

Similar to the aGW people justifying the increased ice mass near and around Antarctica during the 'warmest ever recorded' year

Hoofless_Wonder
03-04-2016, 04:59 AM
...I have no idea why those Macrotrend numbers are off by so much.

Sure you do. You're a Marxist. Truth is not part of you point of view. Only "numbers", regardless of the source or CONTEXT that support your views, are linked as "proof".

Please explain, in laymen's terms, so your supporters can understand it, how government spending "stimulates" the economy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2015/04/13/six-examples-of-government-waste-from-this-years-budget-hawk-reports/

Not enough Medicare audits Not all the “Prime Cuts” recommendations come in the form of cuts. Some call for ramping up efforts to prevent fraud and improper payments.

The report recommends reinstating the Recovery Audit Contractor program (http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Monitoring-Programs/Medicare-FFS-Compliance-Programs/Recovery-Audit-Program/), which helped recover nearly $10 billion in improper Medicare payments over eight years. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services halted the initiative last year amid a backlog (http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20140220/NEWS/302209968) of more than 350,000 appeals.

Citizens Against Government Waste estimated that the government could save $24 billion over five years by restarting the program

Enough of the lies, Squealer......

Hoofless_Wonder
03-04-2016, 05:07 AM
https://www.trunews.com/mitt-romney-to-make-major-announcement-tomorrow/

he might decide to try to shake up this presidential race.

That's a classic of an "empty" argument. Mittens making remark after remark with absolutely ZERO evidence to back it up.

I'm not a big Trump fan, as I think The Donald is to voters what Lucy the placeholder is to Charlie Brown. But, if you're going to dig on a candidate, you need to come across with something more striking than Grandma Walton taking a wet towel to John Boy....

barahona44
03-04-2016, 08:36 AM

On 1/3/33 it was 59.29

If you look at the introduction to the graph, the numbers are adjusted for inflation.Mystery solved..

burnsy
03-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Enough of the lies, Squealer......[/QUOTE]

Good one. I thought about this just yesterday and thought I was the only one that saw the parallels between this "political show" and Animal Farm. You obviously see it too. When it comes to the Democrats and Republicans. Half wit, good............Full wit, bad. Instead of the Beasts of England, Its Beasts of the USA. Snowball did it, long live Napoleon..................... :lol:

But if this brings down the Republican Party that's a good thing....look at them sweat. If Bernie was winning it would be doing the same thing to the Democratic Party. They don't give a shit about people....the pigs fear being booted from the "Humans Farm House".

delayjf
03-04-2016, 10:06 AM
I would argue that the only stimulus spending that has shown toworks is Military spending.

highnote
03-04-2016, 11:30 AM
I would argue that the only stimulus spending that has shown toworks is Military spending.

Infrastructure can work. Big projects like Hoover Dam, modern highways, bridges, etc.

I wasn't around during FDR's presidency :D but I have heard that gov't spending on the WPA helped boost the moral of the country because people who wanted to work were given jobs. Those paychecks helped jump start the economy and gave people a sense of pride and contribution.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 11:37 AM

Bill Clinton's biggest mistake was Nafta, and since the republicans never voted to end Nafta as they tried Obamacare, they now get Trumped. They are done. Will be curious to see how she defends Nafta now.Weren't you singing Trump's praises just last week? I must have been reading someone else.

You're a strange dude.

highnote
03-04-2016, 11:42 AM
I expect that will expire after the first convention ballot.

Trump has an ace up his sleeve.

Reneging on the unity pledge is his use of the trump card.

classhandicapper
03-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Increasing government spending in order to combat a recession is sort of like giving morphine to a heroin addict to fight withdrawal. It doesn't cure him, but it relieves the symptoms temporarily.

You have to understand what a recession is to understand why this is the case.

The typical recession is the result of pre existing excesses. Excesses are usually the result of too much credit being directed into one area of the economy. In recent cycles it has has been telecommunications and dot com companies. Last time it was residential real estate. It can be commercial real estate, junk bonds, consumer credit etc.. When too much credit flows somewhere, eventually, the incomes do not support the prices and debt loads. So the market will start CORRECTING. The weaker players will start going bust, asset prices will fall, losses and unemployment will grow etc.. That's the recession. It will continue until the economy get back into equilibrium and is healthy again. It's a fun process on the upside, but painful on the downside.

Increasing government spending/debt (and/or lowering interest rates) attempts to short circuit that corrective and healthy process by adding more income to an economy that is suffering from too much debt. It often DOES relieve the symptoms and create GDP growth, but it also adds to the total debt load and often creates new or even bigger excesses.

The more you do it, the greater the risk that an economy will eventually have so much debt that running deficits and lowering interest rates will be less stimulative (just at the heroin addict needs progressively higher doses to get the same impact) and eventually crush the economy under the weight of all that debt.

Welcome to Obama's America in 2016. A debt riddled mess with negative real interest rates that can barely grow.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 11:48 AM
maybe because of revisionists - the Dow keeps changing companies as some go broke and others start new industries.A little something called "survivorship bias"

pandy
03-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Infrastructure can work. Big projects like Hoover Dam, modern highways, bridges, etc.

I wasn't around during FDR's presidency :D but I have heard that gov't spending on the WPA helped boost the moral of the country because people who wanted to work were given jobs. Those paychecks helped jump start the economy and gave people a sense of pride and contribution.

It's a lot different now. True, people were broke and millions were out of work then, but now taxes are high, and the government is already trillions of dollars in debt. Where does the infrastructure money come from?

Rookies
03-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Foghorn is the Ground Zero personification (& caricature) of Barnum n Bailey's numero uno huckster! On an all Talk Radio Station here, there is a comic who fills the noon slot. One of his frustrated detractors called in to state the following:

"What's great about you, is that you spend a whole hour talking about nothing!" :lol: The host, of course, has delightfully used it as his daily sign off message.

Foghorn personified. At every speech, Foghorn is in Reality TV show mode, yucking it up with cracks, crack & penis jokes, insults, screeches, banter, filthy tangential references, self aggrandizing boasts and braggadocio!

He truly has very, very little to say about any complex policy issue, except wise cracks for the rube, hoi polloi. On this sleight of hand, he is fabulous, so much more blusteringly polished than any politician on a stage. In comparison, they are dull & boring and audiences come out to see him for Comedy Hour.

Drumpf or Blimpf or whatever he's called, has no solutions for anything. Most importantly, his negative ratings are at majority levels, which is the reason why a majority of Republicans are apoplectic.

The circus clown, with the floppy shoes & big red nose makes an amusing sideshow Bob- but never a President.

johnhannibalsmith
03-04-2016, 12:02 PM
You craft the same post about three times a day. :lol:

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Foghorn is the Ground Zero personification (& caricature) of Barnum n Bailey's numero uno huckster! On an all Talk Radio Station here, there is a comic who fills the noon slot. One of his frustrated detractors called in to state the following:

"What's great about you, is that you spend a whole hour talking about nothing!" :lol: The host, of course, has delightfully used it as his daily sign off message.

Foghorn personified. At every speech, Foghorn is in Reality TV show mode, yucking it up with cracks, crack & penis jokes, insults, screeches, banter, filthy tangential references, self aggrandizing boasts and braggadocio!

He truly has very, very little to say about any complex policy issue, except wise cracks for the rube, hoi polloi. On this sleight of hand, he is fabulous, so much more blusteringly polished than any politician on a stage. In comparison, they are dull & boring and audiences come out to see him for Comedy Hour.

Drumpf or Blimpf or whatever he's called, has no solutions for anything. Most importantly, his negative ratings are at majority levels, which is the reason why a majority of Republicans are apoplectic.

The circus clown, with the floppy shoes & big red nose makes an amusing sideshow Bob- but never a President.

Penis jokes? So Marco makes a joke insinuating Trump has a small penis but when Trump defends himself HES the guy making the joke?

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Penis jokes? So Marco makes a joke insinuating Trump has a small penis but when Trump defends himself HES the guy making the joke?It's funny how selective some folks' hearing is at times.

mostpost
03-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Those people weren't employed, they were on welfare. They just had to show up every day and lean on a shovel for 8 hours to collect it.
Typical response from you. The Public Works Administration built:
Lincoln Tunnel in New York City
Bridges[edit]
Overseas Highway connecting Key West, Florida, to the mainland
Triborough Bridge
Cape Cod Canal Railroad Bridge
Bourne Bridge
Sagamore Bridge
Dams[edit]
Bonneville Dam
Fort Peck Dam
Grand Coulee Dam in Washington state
Pensacola Dam[7]
Tom Miller Dam[8]
Upper Mississippi River lock & dams[9][10]
Airports[edit]
Dane County Airport - Madison[11]
LaGuardia Airport[12]
Los Angeles Airport[13]
They did not get built by people standing around leaning on shovels.
The Works Progress Administration (renamed in 1939 as the Work Projects Administration; WPA) was the largest and most ambitious American New Deal agency, employing millions of unemployed people (mostly unskilled men) to carry out public works projects,[1] including the construction of public buildings and roads. In a much smaller but more famous project, Federal Project Number One, the WPA employed musicians, artists, writers, actors and directors in large arts, drama, media, and literacy projects.[1]

Almost every community in the United States had a new park, bridge or school constructed by the agency. The WPA's initial appropriation in 1935 was for $4.9 billion (about 6.7 percent of the 1935 GDP).[2]
All that building did not get done by people standing around leaning on shovels.

During its existence Civilian Conservation Corps enrollees planted nearly 3 billion trees to help reforest America, constructed more than 800 parks nationwide and upgraded most state parks, updated forest fire fighting methods, and built a network of service buildings and public roadways in remote areas.
Have you ever planted a tree? Or built a road. Your disrespect for what these people went through and what they did to better themselves is another shocking example of your arrogance.

The Great Depression did not end in 1937 or when WWII started. The Great Depression ended after WWII when the country went back to work.
In the history of dumb things you have written, this may be the dumbest. Officially, the Great Depression ended in March 1933. As you would expect, the recovery took a while. But there was improvement throughout the rest of the thirties, except for the Recession of 37-38. The war years saw GDP growth in excess of 17% most years and unemployment falling from 5% to near zero.

Quite the opposite of the end of the war marking the end of the Great Depression, there was a recession in 1945 and part of 1946.

Your posts here consistently prove you to be a member of that group which Donald Trump so dearly loves. The Poorly educated.

Rookies
03-04-2016, 12:21 PM
You craft the same post about three times a day. :lol:

Nah. Only once.

But, if I ever heard this buffoon, say something, anything, about a significant policy issue, intelligent or the opposite, then I would comment.

But I don't.
Nor, do you or anyone else. Trump, as the leader, appears to be ragging the puck, until the finish line, with the same old lines & insults.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 12:21 PM
In the history of dumb things you have written, this may be the dumbest.You're quickly approaching Ted Cruz's "Breathe Donald, breathe" silliness quotient with your constant repeat of this line.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Nah. Only once.

But, if I ever heard this buffoon, say something, anything, about a significant policy issue, intelligent or the opposite, then I would comment.

But I don't.
Nor, do you or anyone else. Trump, as the leader, appears to be ragging the puck, until the finish line, with the same old lines & insults.And he's (Rookies) a liar to boot...I hear Trump say something about a significant policy issue every single time I watch the man speak.

Like I said. All these people appear to be drinking the KKKool Aid pretty hard. And I better stop using KKKool Aid, because I'm quickly approaching the Ted Cruz "Breathe, Donald breathe" silliness quotient. But I like it too much to stop, so sue me. Sue me like Donald Trump.

OntheRail
03-04-2016, 12:24 PM
It's a lot different now. True, people were broke and millions were out of work then, but now taxes are high, and the government is already trillions of dollars in debt. Where does the infrastructure money come from?
We already spend a Trillion a year.. we just need to tweak the program from Welfare to Workfare... for the able bodied, there is the labor pool. Materiel cost is always the lowest component on any project.

http://darthchipmunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/welfareSpending.jpg

https://mhulshoff.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/184875_450465428324136_2054109883_n.jpg
Graphs just for hacp.... ;)

Clocker
03-04-2016, 01:16 PM
In the history of dumb things you have written, this may be the dumbest. Officially, the Great Depression ended in March 1933.

Then why was unemployment still 19% in 1938, and 15% in 1940? That's a recovery? That 1933 date is government accounting, with no connection to reality. Call it what you will, the economy continued in the toilet until the war.

The free market economy was effectively frozen during the war, with 12 million in the military and government spending at 40% of GDP. It wasn't until well after WWII ended that true economic recovery occurred as government spending and taxes were cut and war time price controls were lifted.

Clocker
03-04-2016, 01:34 PM
You're quickly approaching Ted Cruz's "Breathe Donald, breathe" silliness quotient with your constant repeat of this line.

Being called dumb by mostie is validation that your thinking is clear and your facts are right. The only higher praise would be a personal attack by Nancy Pelosi.

mostpost
03-04-2016, 01:47 PM
You're quickly approaching Ted Cruz's "Breathe Donald, breathe" silliness quotient with your constant repeat of this line.
It's not my fault that Clocker keeps outdoing himself.

mostpost
03-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Only a person with no knowledge of the past would say that taxes are high. The current top tax rate is 39.6%. In the thirties the top rate was 63% and 79%.
A person earning $40,000 a year today has a top rate of 15%. In the thirties his top rate would have been 28%-almost double.

If we had maintained the rates of the 60's and 70's-even reduced them a bit-we would not have $19t in debt right now. We also would not have $19T in debt if we had elected Al Gore-which come to think of it, we did.

Clocker
03-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Only a person with no knowledge of the past would say that taxes are high. The current top tax rate is 39.6%. In the thirties the top rate was 63% and 79%.

Only a person with no knowledge of reality would fail to differentiate between the nominal tax rate and the effective tax rate. How many top earners in the thirties actually paid at a 79% marginal rate?

Tom
03-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Penis jokes? So Marco makes a joke insinuating Trump has a small penis but when Trump defends himself HES the guy making the joke?

If it were me, I would reply to Little Marko like this!

highnote
03-04-2016, 02:16 PM
If it were me, I would reply to Little Marko like this!

LOL Yeah... Trump should get a pair of those Incredible Hulk hands that kids wear.

mostpost
03-04-2016, 02:45 PM
If you look at the introduction to the graph, the numbers are adjusted for inflation.Mystery solved..
OK. I missed that. The relationships are still the same. Thanks for solving the mystery, Mr. Holmes. ;)

reckless
03-05-2016, 06:22 PM
I forgot about this when Willard put the knock on Trump the other day.

Mittens made it a major point of his announcement to say that Trump really wasn't a good businessman because of the four bankruptcies.

The Sports Authority stores, a Mitt Romney and Bain Capital venture, went bankrupt this past week.

Flysofree
03-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Both men were born with a silver spoon in the mouth.

Tom
03-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Romney later sat on his.

pandy
03-05-2016, 07:14 PM
A person earning $40,000 a year today has a top rate of 15%. In the thirties his top rate would have been 28%-almost double.

If we had maintained the rates of the 60's and 70's-even reduced them a bit-we would not have $19t in debt right now. We also would not have $19T in debt if we had elected Al Gore-which come to think of it, we did.

No way Mostie. There are other taxes besides income tax and once you include them, taxes are much higher now than they were in the 1930's. I'm not talking about taxes on the rich, I'm talking about the taxes that most people pay. In the thirties there was little or no property taxes. Now, forget it, some people in the middle class pay $8,000 a year or more.

Now it cost $15 to cross a bridge, back then, a nickel. In the thirties, local, state, city, taxes were nothing like they are now. Gasoline tax, liguor taxes, cigarette taxes, sales taxes, all much lower or nonexistent then. And there are other taxes we pay now that didn't exist back then.

And, of course, in the thirties, no one was paying $500 a month for health care. And you used $40,000 for your example, which, of course, in the thirties would have meant you were rich, not middle class.

And, by the way, if we raised the rates that high now, things would be worse than they are now, a lot worse.

Stillriledup
03-05-2016, 11:46 PM
yTCRwi71_ns

classhandicapper
03-06-2016, 09:22 AM

The tax rate is often a meaningless stat when it comes to the taxes actually paid. You have to look at all the write-offs also.

Neither of us is going to go out, get a CPA, and do the taxes side by side to find the answer. But fortunately, there is an easier way to get the answer. You can look government revenue as a percentage of GDP. Taxes were fairly stable for a long time, but they are way higher now than many decades ago.

I should note that the percentage varies slightly up or down depending on where we are in the business cycle (boom or bust).

Here is the chart: https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/FYFRGDA188S

pandy
03-06-2016, 09:51 AM
The tax rate is often a meaningless stat when it comes to the taxes actually paid. You have to look at all the write-offs also.

Neither of us is going to go out, get a CPA, and do the taxes side by side to find the answer. But fortunately, there is an easier way to get the answer. You can look government revenue as a percentage of GDP. Taxes were fairly stable for a long time, but they are way higher now than many decades ago.

I should note that the percentage varies slightly up or down depending on where we are in the business cycle (boom or bust).

Here is the chart: https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/FYFRGDA188S

I would think that most middle class workers who earn around the average or higher than average middle class income and own a home are probably paying about 40% of their income in taxes and I don't see how that isn't the highest or one of the highest it's ever been. If you call Obamacare a tax, which I believe the Supreme Court did, then it's even higher and definitely an all-time high.

Tom
03-06-2016, 09:57 AM
In case there is any question - we pay far more taxes than we should.
And the useless government spends far too much money - most of it foolishly.

classhandicapper
03-06-2016, 11:17 AM
I would think that most middle class workers who earn around the average or higher than average middle class income and own a home are probably paying about 40% of their income in taxes and I don't see how that isn't the highest or one of the highest it's ever been. If you call Obamacare a tax, which I believe the Supreme Court did, then it's even higher and definitely an all-time high.

That chart only looks at federal taxes. it's not looking at state and city taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, tolls etc..

lamboguy
03-06-2016, 12:04 PM
if a republican other than Trump becomes president, they will try to do away with the mortgage interest rate deduction.

most of the time when a conservative republican president gets elected, the tax burden for middle class usually goes way up. Trump wants to sock it to the very top and give the middle class a break. this is probably why Trump is so popular with both democrat and republican middle class voters.

Flysofree
03-06-2016, 12:23 PM
if a republican other than Trump becomes president, they will try to do away with the mortgage interest rate deduction.

most of the time when a conservative republican president gets elected, the tax burden for middle class usually goes way up. Trump wants to sock it to the very top and give the middle class a break. this is probably why Trump is so popular with both democrat and republican middle class voters.

I think Trump's biggest and maybe only reason for wanting the job is his huge ego. In his lifetime what hasn't he done or tried to do? What has he ever been denied when it comes to something he wanted that costs money?? He brags constantly about everything, even the fact he gives money to both political candidates. It's all one big "FOR SALE SIGN" to him.

davew
03-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Judge Jeanine thinks Romneys' speech will not help establishment politics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VMZSXzy7O0

Greyfox
03-06-2016, 12:39 PM

Well, that is a pretty accurate assessment of two faced Mitt.
Thank you for posting that daveW. :ThmbUp:

woodtoo
03-06-2016, 02:40 PM

Saw this earlier, Judge Jeanine for SCOTUS!

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2016, 11:21 PM
I think Trump's biggest and maybe only reason for wanting the job is his huge ego. In his lifetime what hasn't he done or tried to do? What has he ever been denied when it comes to something he wanted that costs money?? He brags constantly about everything, even the fact he gives money to both political candidates. It's all one big "FOR SALE SIGN" to him.Yes, he is unique in that way, because every other President in recent memory never walked away with MUCH bigger pockets then when they walked in...

Even their wives...HOW MUCH did Hillary get for speeches, and hell she has never even been President yet...LOL

I love how you knock Trump as something special, something original.

Oh NO! Another rich white guy trying to be President?

Your only choice in this campaign, FOR YOU, based on your CONSTANT WHINING, is BERNIE SANDERS. If you're sincere, you'll vote for him.

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2016, 11:22 PM
The Judge is a YUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE Trump cheerleader...don't forget that.

reckless
03-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Typically spot-on column from the great Howie Carr of The Boston Herald talking about Mitt Romney.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/howie_carr/2016/03/carr_turning_his_back_on_friends_is_now_old_hat_fo r_mittens

thaskalos
03-07-2016, 04:45 AM
Typically spot-on column from the great Howie Carr of The Boston Herald talking about Mitt Romney.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/howie_carr/2016/03/carr_turning_his_back_on_friends_is_now_old_hat_fo r_mittens

Wait a minute. Isn't this the same guy that you guys were touting for president a couple of years ago?

You guys made him sound like such a great guy back then. :confused:

reckless
03-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Wait a minute. Isn't this the same guy that you guys were touting for president a couple of years ago?

You guys made him sound like such a great guy back then. :confused:

You guys.... ? Gus you really need to pay better attention -- or at least get to know who your conservative posters on here are. :)

To refresh your, and every one else's memories, yours truly was a constant, consistent and unabashed critic and foe of Mitt Romney.

No need to go thru Mr. Searchy for any of my past posts (although you're welcome to, of course) about Romney, but I vehemently brought to people's attention what a loser, a phony and a liberal he was. I was in the minority in telling all those who would listen that Mitt Romney was the easiest GOP candidate for Obama to beat. This was in contrast to all the fan boys and GOP operatives on Fox News, such as Karl Rove.

And I actually received some contrary posts thrown my way from GOP and conservative posters on here, believe it or not. :)

I believe Romney is too irrelevant to waste any more time on. But thanks for replying to my post nevertheless.

PaceAdvantage
03-07-2016, 10:54 AM

You guys made him sound like such a great guy back then. :confused:He certainly would have been better than what we got, in my opinion.

He's obviously easily swayed by the powers that be, which is why Trump is so popular these days with Republican voters.

Flysofree
03-07-2016, 11:44 AM
Who has Warren Buffet endorsed? If anyone?

classhandicapper
03-07-2016, 01:08 PM

He's a democrat.

His father was more or less what we'd call a Ron Paul libertarian now (pro free markets, pro business, pro gold standard etc..). He was also strongly religious. Warren became a democrat during the civil rights period. He claims to be agnostic, but I'd venture to say he's anti religion and especially anti Catholic Church. He has spoken out against the Catholic position on birth control and has given 100s of millions of charity (if not in excess of 1 billion) to pro abortion causes.

reckless
03-07-2016, 06:35 PM

He's tweeted often and said publicly that he 'likes' Hillary Clinton -- without giving a formal endorsement.

Buffett is a big money-shuffling liberal hedge fund operator who's so adept in crony capitalism that Michael Lewis should write a book called The Big Capitalist Phony, or something to that effect. :)

Greyfox
03-07-2016, 06:44 PM
He's tweeted often and said publicly that he 'likes' Hillary Clinton -- without giving a formal endorsement.

Of course Buffet likes Hillary.
He's invested millions in oil tanker cars and is totally against the Keystone Pipeline even though it's safer environmentally than what a rail spill can do.

reckless
03-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Of course Buffet likes Hillary.
He's invested millions in oil tanker cars and is totally against the Keystone Pipeline even though it's safer environmentally than what a rail spill can do.

That's right Greyfox... plus he owns a string of heavy regulated, dirty and expensive public utilities throughout the country.

Buffett may be the smartest man in the world of finance and investment but he's also on top of the heap when it comes to corporate, government and Wall Street phoniness and corruption.

Google Clayton Homes and Warren Buffett. He's a real shylock -- a Merchant of Menace so to speak.

zico20
03-07-2016, 09:36 PM
You guys.... ? Gus you really need to pay better attention -- or at least get to know who your conservative posters on here are. :)

To refresh your, and every one else's memories, yours truly was a constant, consistent and unabashed critic and foe of Mitt Romney.

No need to go thru Mr. Searchy for any of my past posts (although you're welcome to, of course) about Romney, but I vehemently brought to people's attention what a loser, a phony and a liberal he was. I was in the minority in telling all those who would listen that Mitt Romney was the easiest GOP candidate for Obama to beat. This was in contrast to all the fan boys and GOP operatives on Fox News, such as Karl Rove.

And I actually received some contrary posts thrown my way from GOP and conservative posters on here, believe it or not. :)

I believe Romney is too irrelevant to waste any more time on. But thanks for replying to my post nevertheless.

You should. No true conservative would vote for Trump over Cruz. Cruz is the savior for the conservative movement. As far as Trump goes, only God knows how he will govern. I don't want to take that chance that we get another moderate who makes deals with Democrats. We have already seen enough of that over the past few years with Republicans caving to Obama. We don't need Trump caving to Democrats.

ReplayRandall
03-07-2016, 09:59 PM
You should. No true conservative would vote for Trump over Cruz. Cruz is the savior for the conservative movement. As far as Trump goes, only God knows how he will govern. I don't want to take that chance that we get another moderate who makes deals with Democrats. We have already seen enough of that over the past few years with Republicans caving to Obama. We don't need Trump caving to Democrats.

Ted Cruz is a LIAR, a wolf in sheep's clothing. I will not conveniently overlook at the BS he pulled on Ben Carson in Iowa, as others have. Cruz is definitely a person who uses religion as a weapon, for his own personal gain. At least Trump admits how weak his faith is.......It's a coin-toss of the lesser evil here, and Trump wins.

reckless
03-08-2016, 12:01 AM

I should what? Don't know what you mean by your opening remark.

Yes, I agree, Cruz is a savior to the conservative movement and the only true conservative in the race. I never said otherwise.

But, Zico, this election is not an election that is based on ideology. This election is about illegal immigration, jobs and the economy, and national security and defense.

The reason these GOP debates and the political chatter have been a joke about personalities, name calling and the like, is because the media outlets -- especially Fox News -- don't want the real issues to be discussed in depth. And, illegal immigration, jobs and the economy, and national security and defense, are the real issues that will determine the winner in November.

Trump is the only GOP candidate that could win in traditional Democrat states, such as Pennsylvania, Ohio, California, and even New York. The others simply cannot, Zico. And if Trumps just wins 1-2 of the states that Obama won then it's over and out for Hillary. Would anyone bet real money that Cruz could win in New York or California? Even Ohio? I wouldn't. Rubio and Kasich have proven in all these primaries and caucuses that they are totally and completely unelectable as national candidates.

As for deal making ... the current GOP leadership never dealt with Obama and the Democrats, they surrendered. That can't ever get lost in the discussion. This is a GOP practice that goes back decades so I think we could give Trump the benefit of the doubt. And, it is possible that Trump (and the GOP) wins in a landslide, so there's no reason to worry about him 'caving' in the Democrats.

If Trump proves to be a phony and a liar, he too will be gone after his first term. But, never forget that the GOP are proven phonies and liars to the conservatives that put them in power.

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2016, 12:10 PM
If Trump proves to be a phony and a liarWe're so used to this from our elected President's, I don't see what everyone is getting their panties in a wad over Trump possibly being elected. Everyone is acting like we haven't ever seen anything like this before... :lol: :lol:

reckless
03-08-2016, 01:11 PM
We're so used to this from our elected President's, I don't see what everyone is getting their panties in a wad over Trump possibly being elected. Everyone is acting like we haven't ever seen anything like this before... :lol: :lol:

That's why all the so-called opposition research vs. Trump is a joke.

Another thing, the major forces responsible for selling out the American worker, the American citizen, the American saver -- meaning, the GOP leadership, the corrupt Fortune 100 donor class, the media elites and the Democrat Party, are now telling us that Trump's the biggest villain on earth. And they are also telling us the American people are stupid, racists, lazy, are both bible and gun toting idiots, rubes and homophobes should now follow their lead because they know better. :lol: :lol:

classhandicapper
03-08-2016, 02:09 PM
I don't think Trump is a true conservative. He has taken a few strong positions on issues many conservatives find attractive (illegal immigration, refugees, veterans, defense). Cruz is the true conservative in the field and Rand Paul was as close to a libertarian as you can get. Rubio is right of center, but no one trusts him on immigration and I think a lot of conservatives have had it with the neocon foreign policy and are moving more towards less involvement without being an appeaser like Obama.

lamboguy
03-08-2016, 02:59 PM
what difference does it matter what label you put on a politician? they act much differently once they get elected anyway.

i just want the guy that i think can do the job. Trump can do the job because he has proved he knows how to run big business's and he has proven that he knows how to dig himself out of traps he got into in the real estate business. i am hoping he can convert that experience over to the presidency.

when Ronald Reagan came on the scene, everyone thought he was a joke too. they were all complaining he was a liberal. some people claim he was the best president in the last 50 years.

the only joke i know of is Mitt Romney, he's a guy that got lucky to win governor in Massachusetts, he groomed himself to become a president his whole life, he had the lead against a first term senator and blew up. now he thinks he counts and wants another shot at the presidency. when he was governor his main accomplishment was a healthcare bill he got through that he is now against. go figure.

davew
03-08-2016, 03:32 PM
If the GOP has a brokered convention and Romney gets nominated, I predict the end of the party as a major force.

Tom
03-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Major force?
The GOP?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The last time the GOP was relevant was, what, 1988, 87? :lol::lol::lol:

davew
03-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Major force?
The GOP?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The last time the GOP was relevant was, what, 1988, 87? :lol::lol::lol:

There are currently 31 Republicans, 18 Democrats, and one independent that hold the office of governor in the states.

In the Senate, they hold 54 of the 100 seats.
In the House of Representatives, they hold 247 of 435 seats.

So I am not sure if you are trolling, or not aware of whats up in the country.

Tom
03-08-2016, 09:25 PM
I am aware the no matter how many of them there are, they have accomplished exactly nothing in decades. We are 18 Tril in the hole, we have open borders, we have ISIS growing, millions of people out of the work force, Iran in the speed lane to get a nuke......just what the HELL have the repubs done to justify a vote?

We either elect Trump and take over the party, of we destroy it forever.
There is no reason to support the GOP.

ArlJim78
03-08-2016, 09:43 PM
way to go Mitt, add your name to Trumps causality list which keeps growing and growing.