PDA

View Full Version : US Commerce Department

lamboguy
03-02-2016, 03:53 PM
they just slapped a tariff on all imported steal. i just wonder if someone is paying attention to Trump on this onehttp://uspolitics.einnews.com/news/us-steel-tariffs

Inner Dirt
03-02-2016, 04:07 PM
What's your point? I am not being a smart ass. The USA does the least of any country when it comes to protecting it's manufacturing base. try importing a foreign made product in to Mexico or China and see what happens. I use those as examples as I know people that have brought outside made items in to those countries on a regular basis.

davew
03-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Import tariffs are going to pay for building the wall and revive / keep American manufacturing jobs.

Saratoga_Mike
03-02-2016, 05:10 PM
they just slapped a tariff on all imported steal. i just wonder if someone is paying attention to Trump on this onehttp://uspolitics.einnews.com/news/us-steel-tariffs

Anything is possible, but imported specialty steels and tires have been hit with similar tariffs over the past few yrs.

barahona44
03-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Import tariffs are going to pay for building the wall and revive / keep American manufacturing jobs.
I have a Q for people.Exactly how is any President going to bring back good paying jobs that are now overseas?There are a lot of factors involved in how any corporation decides how and where to place employees; as painful as it may be to hear, workers are an expense, just like office furniture or advertising.Corporations first and only obligation is to the shareholders, not their employees, customers or government.Maintaining positive relationships with those three groups is certainly important but still secondary.

Tom
03-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Sell it here, make it here.
Otherwise, pay tariffs through your ass.

Racetrack Playa
03-02-2016, 09:47 PM
The Trans-Pacific Partnership .worth a google
The GOP loves this deal .as do most Dems, Its a Shame, lowers tariffs across the board,and disrespects all Americans.

TJDave
03-03-2016, 01:42 AM
Sell it here, make it here.
Otherwise, pay tariffs through your ass.

Amazing. We agree on something.