PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream R10 2-28-16

ArlJim78
02-28-2016, 11:31 AM
Hers a puzzle for ya. First level allowance on the turf, that has scratched down to a mere 12 horses. It has everything, dirt to turf, layoffs of all duration, barn changes, even three horses coming from Great Britain! (the one from France scratched)

anyway was handicapping this one for a contest and just found it inscrutable and wondered if anyone else took a look at it.

I've narrowed my focus to the :2: , :7: , and :11: , but not sure yet what I'll end up doing with those.

Cholly
02-28-2016, 12:25 PM
The :12: , Indygita, is a filly who wants to run and is in good form. Looks a little cheap for this race & in over her head, plus she draws a terrible post...but that's why she should bring at least 20-1. That's the least I would take, but at that price I'm in for a fiver.

RunDustyRun
02-28-2016, 12:34 PM
agree that this may be the toughest race on the card...using the :2: :7: :9: :10: :11: :12: :13: on a large ticket and am singling the :10: on smaller tickets....wouldn't be shocked by anything but do think that the fact that Brown scratched the :1: horse in favor of the :10: may be a good sign of readiness off the long layoff

ArlJim78
02-28-2016, 12:37 PM
My concern on the :12: beside the post is that the only race she has that would put her in contention here is the last one and it was a sloppy off the turf race which scratched down to 6 horses. No doubt if she runs that same kind race here she's a player, but I don't trust that last one.

Cholly
02-28-2016, 02:33 PM
My concern on the :12: beside the post is that the only race she has that would put her in contention here is the last one and it was a sloppy off the turf race which scratched down to 6 horses. No doubt if she runs that same kind race here she's a player, but I don't trust that last one.

good points; but several running here have questions & upside--maybe they don't show that upside, maybe the three who've run well at this condition ( :6: :7: :9: ) don't fire or get bad trips. That's a lot of maybes, I know...

johnhannibalsmith
02-28-2016, 03:04 PM
Damn tough race and thinking I'd really need a good price to fall in love with anyone with so few in the race that don't have question marks galore in here.

I'm a little partial to the :8: Summersault. She's one of only two in the field that has beaten winners ( :12: has 3 wins for a tag), albeit against NY-bred 1x allowance runners. Still, she's a bit of an open book and has good turf races over this course as a maiden last meet. I like her running style. I like her 'freshening' - odd sequence of works after shipping down from NY, working every two weeks for a few, then weekly to tighten things down leading into this, so going to assume this is by design.

But in the end, she has a 15-1 M/L and I don't doubt that she'll be double digits. There are sexier in here and she may not be (probably isn't...) as good as some of the others, but she seems like one of the only ones where what you see is what you get and what you see ain't all that bad. Hadn't planned on even looking at Gulf but I almost like her enough to keep my on this race now.

johnhannibalsmith
02-28-2016, 04:57 PM
Somehow missed that the :13: drew in to the field the first time that I looked at this. Got to say I'm sort of surprised she's up over the 8-1 M/L at 14-1. Aside from originally thinking she was out, just glancing at the entire field the first pass through I figured that had she drawn in she's probably wind up getting played and end up below the M/L, maybe 5-1 or 6-1. Can't say that I loved her enough to take that from way out there, but she's certainly got a shot, especially back on turf and that friggin' 14-1 is looking a lot better than I expected.

PressThePace
02-28-2016, 05:04 PM
Taking a shot with :13: Southern Gem

castaway01
02-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Somehow missed that the :13: drew in to the field the first time that I looked at this. Got to say I'm sort of surprised she's up over the 8-1 M/L at 14-1. Aside from originally thinking she was out, just glancing at the entire field the first pass through I figured that had she drawn in she's probably wind up getting played and end up below the M/L, maybe 5-1 or 6-1. Can't say that I loved her enough to take that from way out there, but she's certainly got a shot, especially back on turf and that friggin' 14-1 is looking a lot better than I expected.

It's the post, 13 hole is very tough but certainly has the ability. Wish I could get 9-1 from post 6. They're approaching the gate now.

johnhannibalsmith
02-28-2016, 05:17 PM
:lol: :lol:

2-1 over 9-5 over 5-1... the 3 on the tote in a line... couldn't have been more formful and that seems to be the way of the world for me at Gulf on the rare occasion I stumble upon a race where I think there's opportunity.

ArlJim78
02-28-2016, 05:20 PM
well that was a disappointment. :sleeping:
I bailed on the :7: because the price was too low.

Cholly
02-28-2016, 05:29 PM
That's a lot of maybes, I know...

...maybe not

no breathalyzer
02-28-2016, 05:43 PM
7 was locko of the day :ThmbUp: