PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Feb. 28th

woodbinepmi
02-27-2016, 11:35 PM
Big day at Sha Tin with 2 GI's, total of $US 3,833,040 in purses today. That's one million more dollars in purses than Oaklawn, Santa Anita, Aqueduct and Gulfstream combined gave out today. Here are pp's for today's races: http://racing.hkjc.com/racing/content/PDF/RaceCard/20160228_starter_all.pdf

@ShaTinRacing

thespaah
02-28-2016, 12:01 AM
Big day at Sha Tin with 2 GI's, total of $US 3,833,040 in purses today. That's one million more dollars in purses than Oaklawn, Santa Anita, Aqueduct and Gulfstream combined gave out today. Here are pp's for today's races: http://racing.hkjc.com/racing/content/PDF/RaceCard/20160228_starter_all.pdf

@ShaTinRacing
Those PP's are just loaded with info....Easy to decipher. A little getting used to.

VigorsTheGrey
02-28-2016, 12:02 AM
Is all that information just for one day of racing? Man you really have to be on your toes to digest all of THAT! Where or how do you bet Hong Kong? How are real time pool fluxuations observed? Tomorrow is 28 Feb 2016 on the west coast of the US...When do you bet Hong Kong and I assume I will bet races dated 29 FEB 2016?
Vigors.

woodbinepmi
02-28-2016, 12:17 AM
Is all that information just for one day of racing? Man you really have to be on your toes to digest all of THAT! Where or how do you bet Hong Kong? How are real time pool fluxuations observed? Tomorrow is 28 Feb 2016 on the west coast of the US...When do you bet Hong Kong and I assume I will bet races dated 29 FEB 2016?
Vigors.
I bet thru Twin Spires, they just ran the first post time for the first was 12am ET and 9pm PT

woodbinepmi
02-28-2016, 12:19 AM
Those PP's are just loaded with info....Easy to decipher. A little getting used to.
one thing about their pp's last race is on the bottom, compared to drf's last race on the top.
You can also use these that are also provided on the hkjc.com website: http://www.hkjc.com/english/formguide/2.html

ChickenOrTheEgg
02-28-2016, 01:32 AM
one thing about their pp's last race is on the bottom, compared to drf's last race on the top.
You can also use these that are also provided on the hkjc.com website: http://www.hkjc.com/english/formguide/2.html

This :ThmbUp:

Took me the longest time to get used to :D :bang:

Good luck to all those playing! Too tired to stay up tonight.

VigorsTheGrey
02-28-2016, 07:23 AM
After spending years looking at the Daily Racing Form, and now the BRIS past performances, AND NOW looking at how Hong Kong presents past performance info AND the form guide as well,,,it has started me thinking about what I REALLY AM looking for in a race horse? You know, what process am I bringing into the analysis to separate wheat from chaff, kernals from shell, the winnowing process...how do I go about finding my choice?

Nitro seems to suggest that following the flow of insiders money is somehow useful in the case of Hong Kong. But how is this possible without being over there and watching a toteboard ? Does Twin Spires have real time odds displays and exacta probables as well?

I notice over there they use handicap weights to balance the runner's abilities against each other...sure happy we got rid of that here in the US. Makes things SO much easier to handicap the race.

Fox
02-28-2016, 08:11 AM
Nitro seems to suggest that following the flow of insiders money is somehow useful in the case of Hong Kong. But how is this possible without being over there and watching a toteboard ? Does Twin Spires have real time odds displays and exacta probables as well?

I tuned in last night for the first time. I was able to see real time odds updates on Xpress and Bris tote. The tote pool updates on much shorter intervals than USA, which is nice.

woodbinepmi
02-28-2016, 11:17 AM
Here is the webpage on their live tote board, which is constantly changing during live racing: http://bet.hkjc.com/default.aspx?url=/racing/pages/odds_wp.aspx&lang=en&dv=local

Total handle from last night's races: $US 182,456,879

Nitro
02-28-2016, 11:56 PM

"Seems to suggest”? “Somehow useful”?
You must be joking! Right? Apparently you never took the time to view the links I provided. And your over simplistic assumption about just watching the Tote board is exactly what I meant when I said that typical handicappers seem to think that all we’re doing is looking at the odds. (The odds reflect the Win pool only) Why do you suppose I mentioned that the analysis uses all the Mutual betting pools as well as some of Exotics when they’re available.

Following the money is possible because just like here in the states I’m able to directly access the Hong Kong betting pools during the entire betting cycle. ADWs like Twin Spires/Brisnet and Xpressbet display the HK tote information in real time also, but if you were really interested you would have seen that they don’t offer the Exacta type wager at HK.

This is why I hesitate responding to comments around here. I mean what's the point when people don’t even bother to actually read what’s written? :bang:

thespaah
02-29-2016, 06:41 PM
$180 million....That beats the living snot out of our Breeders Cup day handle all time best by $30 million....Give or take.....
Our tracks don't handle that much in a week...In the may through October period..

VigorsTheGrey
03-01-2016, 01:19 AM
"Seems to suggest”? “Somehow useful”?
You must be joking! Right? Apparently you never took the time to view the links I provided. And your over simplistic assumption about just watching the Tote board is exactly what I meant when I said that typical handicappers seem to think that all we’re doing is looking at the odds. (The odds reflect the Win pool only) Why do you suppose I mentioned that the analysis uses all the Mutual betting pools as well as some of Exotics when they’re available.

Following the money is possible because just like here in the states I’m able to directly access the Hong Kong betting pools during the entire betting cycle. ADWs like Twin Spires/Brisnet and Xpressbet display the HK tote information in real time also, but if you were really interested you would have seen that they don’t offer the Exacta type wager at HK.

This is why I hesitate responding to comments around here. I mean what's the point when people don’t even bother to actually read what’s written? :bang:
.I didn't want you to think that I was prying into your specific methods relating to toteboard action...so excuse me if I used the words "somehow" and "seems", I just didn't want to ask you directly, I thought that would be rude, so I went fishing around to see if others had any ideas on how toteboard action reveals insider preferences.

...I did read the links you provided and will reread them again....you have to understand that I am fairly new to all these techniques and I do have my own learning curve...Other posters have said to me... to do my own homework and that nobody wants to do my work for me....

When I look at a tote board and see that some exacta payouts are paying lower than their respective odds would suggest I take this to mean that there is insider money on those combinations... In other words insider preference show up in exacta pools by these lowered payouts...that is all I know about the subject...I have much to learn and I thank you for your patience here. :)

Nitro
03-01-2016, 04:30 PM
I didn't want you to think that I was prying into your specific methods relating to toteboard action...so excuse me if I used the words "somehow" and "seems", I just didn't want to ask you directly, I thought that would be rude, so I went fishing around to see if others had any ideas on how toteboard action reveals insider preferences.

...I did read the links you provided and will reread them again....you have to understand that I am fairly new to all these techniques and I do have my own learning curve...Other posters have said to me... to do my own homework and that nobody wants to do my work for me....

When I look at a tote board and see that some exacta payouts are paying lower than their respective odds would suggest I take this to mean that there is insider money on those combinations... In other words insider preference show up in exacta pools by these lowered payouts...that is all I know about the subject...I have much to learn and I thank you for your patience here. :)
I didn’t think that you were prying and I certainly wouldn’t expect you get it right away, especially if your hearts set in the world of handicapping. It just seemed to me that you weren’t getting my message; that the tote analysis I’m using takes in all of the information from all of the available betting pools simultaneously. It does this at various intervals during each pre-race betting cycle. The analysis developer (my mentor) explained to me that you can’t just examine 1 or 2 aspects of the tote information. He claims that because the money is flowing in many directions his formulas take that into consideration in order to display the actual betting patterns. He also mentioned that he believes that without the computer it would be physically impossible to absorb the money data and crunch the numbers in 1 second.

Keep in mind, that those of us who rely solely on this type of information for betting purposes don’t have the luxury of making a bet anytime we want. The final betting pattern usually comes in anywhere between 5 and 7 mins to post at most of the larger tracks. That’s not to say that I’m not already preparing the bets in advance and if nothing changes dramatically I’ll simply confirm the bet. If there are any causes for concern I’ll simply pass the race entirely.

Fortunately the learning curve does not involve an understanding of how it all works. It simply involves using it just like any other program and getting used to seeing positive results. That’s the bottom line. :ThmbUp:

VigorsTheGrey
03-01-2016, 05:09 PM
I didn’t think that you were prying and I certainly wouldn’t expect you get it right away, especially if your hearts set in the world of handicapping. It just seemed to me that you weren’t getting my message; that the tote analysis I’m using takes in all of the information from all of the available betting pools simultaneously. It does this at various intervals during each pre-race betting cycle. The analysis developer (my mentor) explained to me that you can’t just examine 1 or 2 aspects of the tote information. He claims that because the money is flowing in many directions his formulas take that into consideration in order to display the actual betting patterns. He also mentioned that he believes that without the computer it would be physically impossible to absorb the money data and crunch the numbers in 1 second.

Keep in mind, that those of us who rely solely on this type of information for betting purposes don’t have the luxury of making a bet anytime we want. The final betting pattern usually comes in anywhere between 5 and 7 mins to post at most of the larger tracks. That’s not to say that I’m not already preparing the bets in advance and if nothing changes dramatically I’ll simply confirm the bet. If there are any causes for concern I’ll simply pass the race entirely.

Fortunately the learning curve does not involve an understanding of how it all works. It simply involves using it just like any other program and getting used to seeing positive results. That’s the bottom line. :ThmbUp:
.See, I was very intuitive in a different thread when I remarked that the successful horse player today is a Binard, Trinard, or even a Quadnard entity...You prove this when you said that, "The analysis developer (my mentor) explained to me that you can’t just examine 1 or 2 aspects of the tote information..." This proves that you have another person working with you, and confirms my intuition about what takes to be successful nowadays in horse race wagering...

Nitro, you have me really interested me now, because I ultimately do believe in your hypothesis regarding racing insiders holding all the cards with regard to which horses can finish in payout-able race positions. I share your opinion that knowing what the insiders know in advance is indeed the sine qua non to achieve wagering profitability.

The bottom line for me is to obtain said program from said analysis developer or yourself, learn how to use it, and see if I can achieve the same results as you....I am concerned about the minimum bankroll required for all of this and the always, I assume possible losing streaks that I would need to be prepared for. I may not be able to play this way based on that limitation alone...They say it takes money to make money...I'm still struggling with the first...part.

I assume that you would be willing to share this with me since Hong Kong has such large fields and the entrance of another player using your method at the same time as you would not impact your overall ROI.

You would be one of those rare bettors, who having found what I term the "Holy Grail Method" would be so graciously willing to share it with others!

Regards,
Vigors.