PDA

View Full Version : * FOR those that think jockey dosen't matter

no breathalyzer
02-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Just look at Tamp Race #10 today ...Amiss David D. first off never heard off.. 2nd point ... last 3 times first off this jockey horse improves 12 pts.... today jockey off and i crushed it sorry for the red board :lol: But i crushed it hard! what a great bday present to my self Tampa has been great to me this yr sorry for the The point of this thread is jockey matters! I'm going out for dinner gl all :)

Stillriledup
02-27-2016, 06:07 PM
The difference between the best jocks and the worst jocks is a million miles. Most races and board spots are decided by hundredths of seconds. The math says jockey not only matters, but it's pretty much everything (with everything else being equal)

mannyberrios
02-27-2016, 06:43 PM
Just look at Tamp Race #10 today ...Amiss David D. first off never heard off.. 2nd point ... last 3 times first off this jockey horse improves 12 pts.... today jockey off and i crushed it sorry for the red board :lol: But i crushed it hard! what a great bday present to my self Tampa has been great to me this yr sorry for the The point of this thread is jockey matters! I'm going out for dinner gl all :) That's ok, don't worry about the red board, and I agree about the jockey

NorCalGreg
02-27-2016, 06:50 PM
The difference between the best jocks and the worst jocks is a million miles. Most races and board spots are decided by hundredths of seconds. The math says jockey not only matters, but it's pretty much everything (with everything else being equal)

Jockeys ppffffftt.....merely marionettes in a conniving trainer's well-rehearsed puppet show.

Now....do YOU want proof of that? In your opaque vision of the absolute power and importance of jockeys--you're most likely blind to the flip side.

Classic trainer move---trainer will put a top jockey on a horse being prepped for a betting coup. Horse runs poorly, Mr Top Jock dis-mounts--appearing befuddled. 10 days later--same horse, but jock switch to a bottom of the barrel, 2-for-70 rider, that appears to be lucky to get ANY mount.
Horse wins for fun. How can that be--in your world?

Of course the best jockeys are highly skilled athletes, no one will argue that.
What I will argue is the huge difference-making you attribute to jocks in general.

***BY THE WAY--HAPPY BIRTHDAY NB! ENJOY THAT STEAK :ThmbUp:

therussmeister
02-27-2016, 07:04 PM
When is everything else equal?
My math says jockeys rarely get the chance to matter, especially when it is rarely a top jockey vs. a bottom jockey on contenders.

NorCalGreg
02-27-2016, 07:11 PM
When is everything else equal?
My math says jockeys rarely get the chance to matter, especially when it is rarely a top jockey vs. a bottom jockey on contenders.

Well hot damn, russ--if you were standing here, I would shake your hand.

Very simply, and very well said. :ThmbUp:

outofthebox
02-27-2016, 07:36 PM
Just look at Tamp Race #10 today ...Amiss David D. first off never heard off.. 2nd point ... last 3 times first off this jockey horse improves 12 pts.... today jockey off and i crushed it sorry for the red board :lol: But i crushed it hard! what a great bday present to my self Tampa has been great to me this yr sorry for the The point of this thread is jockey matters! I'm going out for dinner gl all :)I got a better angle. Second best beyer in last, dropping in class. Thats how i crushed it..J/K Enjoy your dinner...Happy Birthday!!

HuggingTheRail
02-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Jockeys....one of the necessary evils we have to tolerate to be in this business..

Stillriledup
02-27-2016, 08:36 PM
Jockeys ppffffftt.....merely marionettes in a conniving trainer's well-rehearsed puppet show.

Now....do YOU want proof of that? In your opaque vision of the absolute power and importance of jockeys--you're most likely blind to the flip side.

Classic trainer move---trainer will put a top jockey on a horse being prepped for a betting coup. Horse runs poorly, Mr Top Jock dis-mounts--appearing befuddled. 10 days later--same horse, but jock switch to a bottom of the barrel, 2-for-70 rider, that appears to be lucky to get ANY mount.

What I will argue is the huge difference-making you attribute to jocks in general.

My post has nothing to do with jockeys records and your post has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

NorCalGreg
02-27-2016, 08:45 PM
My post has nothing to do with jockeys records and your post has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

That's not your only response, right? You are at this moment, forming an intelligent, well-thought-out reply...and will be right back with your REAL RESPONSE, as soon as you get it typed up--I'm right arent I?
Take your time...I'm in no hurry.

no breathalyzer
02-27-2016, 08:53 PM

there is a time and place for that i don't disagree... heck i have a couple stable mails currently on that angle... but what happens when that move backfires cause the jockey shits the bed.. seen it happen too many times

no breathalyzer
02-27-2016, 08:54 PM
just want to add what a sweet ass double overlay :jump: lets crush them again tomorrow gl

Stillriledup
02-27-2016, 08:58 PM
That's not your only response, right? You are at this moment, forming an intelligent, well-thought-out reply...and will be right back with your REAL RESPONSE, as soon as you get it typed up--I'm right arent I?
Take your time...I'm in no hurry.

You didnt really read and digest what I originally wrote. Go read it again.

NorCalGreg
02-27-2016, 08:59 PM
just want to add what a sweet ass double overlay :jump: lets crush them again tomorrow gl

Bet that steak was mighty good, nb :cool:

no breathalyzer
02-27-2016, 09:02 PM
key is to spot the jockeys that don't stand out as really bad that you know really suck.. which you can back by watching replays.. there is an example of this at AQU today.. i mention this angle here before ....... fill in the blank off angle.. to be fair the horse prob. needed his last start , but still.. obv trainer didn't keep aboard.. cause he sucks :D

NorCalGreg
02-27-2016, 09:02 PM
You didnt really read and digest what I originally wrote. Go read it again.

What you originally wrote wasn't that profound--trust me.

Stillriledup
02-27-2016, 09:14 PM
What you originally wrote wasn't that profound--trust me.

I never said it was profound.

Run Nicholas Run
02-27-2016, 09:55 PM
does Tyrone Carter, Shawn Chavis or Patty Grana still gets mounts?

Donttellmeshowme
02-27-2016, 10:54 PM
Just look at Tamp Race #10 today ...Amiss David D. first off never heard off.. 2nd point ... last 3 times first off this jockey horse improves 12 pts.... today jockey off and i crushed it sorry for the red board :lol: But i crushed it hard! what a great bday present to my self Tampa has been great to me this yr sorry for the The point of this thread is jockey matters! I'm going out for dinner gl all :)

So how much did you make?

no breathalyzer
02-28-2016, 10:39 AM
a couple rents

EMD4ME
02-28-2016, 10:48 AM
a couple rents

Happy Belated Birthday and GREAT JOB NB!!!!! :jump: :jump:

Donttellmeshowme
02-28-2016, 10:50 AM
a couple rents

How much is rent?

EMD4ME
02-28-2016, 11:06 AM
How much is rent?

NB, I hope you live in LIC NY, the rent is $5000 a month !!!