PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Robot

Rookies
02-26-2016, 09:54 AM
I am drawn to these dark, twisted, creepy, Millennial thrillers. We've recently picked it up. Anyone seen it?

"Mr. Robot is an American drama–thriller television series created by Sam Esmail. It stars Rami Malek as Elliot Alderson, a cybersecurity engineer and hacker who suffers from social anxiety disorder and clinical depression. Alderson is recruited by an insurrectionary anarchist known as "Mr. Robot", played by Christian Slater, to join a group of hacktivists. The group aims to cancel all debts by attacking the large corporation E Corp. The pilot premiered on multiple online and video on demandservices on May 27, 2015,[6] and was renewed for a second season before the first season premiered on USA Network on June 24, 2015."

Lots of weird, out there, thoughts on this one... parallel to much of what is on here. Boxie- get down with this series! It's you. ;)

"God, never make decisions, when you're on Morphine." :lol:

Dave Schwartz
02-26-2016, 10:29 AM
I tried to watch this movie on NetFlix as it had lots of stars. 4.5 as I recall.

Just could not connect with it like (apparently) most people did.

I am open to more suggestions, though, as good sci-fi is difficult to come by these days.

Tall One
02-26-2016, 10:31 AM
It was recommended to me, so i set up a DVR recording.

I was hooked within ten minutes. It has a few WTF moments, but all in all, a great show, imo.

Rookies
02-26-2016, 10:44 AM
I tried to watch this movie on NetFlix as it had lots of stars. 4.5 as I recall.

I am open to more suggestions, though, as good sci-fi is difficult to come by these days.

Dave, from your background in informatics, would seem right up your alley. Good cabals. Evil cabals in 2016, dark, cyber, creepy mode.

cj
02-26-2016, 10:48 AM

Unless I'm thinking of something different, it isn't a movie, it is a television show that comes on USA.

Rookies
02-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Unless I'm thinking of something different, it isn't a movie, it is a television show that comes on USA.

Correct.