PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania ADW bettors back in action

pandy
02-25-2016, 10:42 AM
I don't see it on DRF online but in the print edition this morning, I read about the bill signed into law by Governor Wolf here in PA. yesterday. It eliminates the 10% Tax, which means that I should be able to reopen accounts with betptc and any other ADW I choose to.

Act 7 – House Bill 941, sponsored by Rep. Mike Regan, dissolves the two separate Horse and Harness Racing Commissions and establishes regulatory oversight of the racing industry with the creation of a single entity – State Horse Racing Commission – under the Department of Agriculture (PDA), which shall have exclusive jurisdiction and regulatory authority over pari-mutuel wagering and other horse racing activities.

pandy
02-25-2016, 10:49 AM
If any of you wrote the Pennsylvania Dept. of Agriculture to complain about the 10% charge, I want to thank you for your actions.

According to the DRF article, PA. may have eliminated the tax because of pending lawsuits (by Twinspires), but that is not a certainty.

I wrote a letter to the PA. Dept. of Agriculture last year, as soon as I found out that they were meeting and preparing a new racing bill.

I went into detail explaining to them that an elimination of the 10% tax should be included in the new racing bill. I told them that if they checked their math, they'd find that the 10% tax was actually hurting their bottom line. I explained how my personal betting volume had dropped significantly because they denied me access to out of state ADW's, and how that also meant that my betting on races in the state of PA. had declined sharply. I also told them that I was so miffed at this tax that I was essentially boycotting their tracks, as were other horseplayers.

pandy
02-25-2016, 11:01 AM
I'd like to hear from ADW's. Are you taking PA. customers again starting from today?

pandy
02-25-2016, 12:15 PM
http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolutenm/templates/article.aspx?articleid=68376&zoneid=1

tlinetrader
02-25-2016, 02:38 PM
Good for you Pandy. As I live in NY I believe we're still getting screwed.

pandy
02-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Thanks. I thought NY was not restricted??? Try empirecitybets.

pandy
02-25-2016, 06:16 PM
Betptc just told me that they have to look at the new law before the accept PA. customers again. But, from what I've read, I don't see a problem. The 10% tax is gone.

Fox
02-25-2016, 11:41 PM
Nice to hear some good news for a change.

pandy
02-26-2016, 06:29 AM
Nice to hear some good news for a change.

I wonder how many other people on this board live in PA. and are affected by this.

upthecreek
02-26-2016, 06:52 AM
Good for you Pandy. As I live in NY I believe we're still getting screwed.
I'm in NJ and as far as I'm concerned I'm getting screwed too-only option for me is 4NJBets(TVG)

pandy
02-26-2016, 07:21 AM
I'm in NJ and as far as I'm concerned I'm getting screwed too-only option for me is 4NJBets(TVG)

Yes. I don't see how this is allowed, it's not fair. It was reported that Twinspires and other companies were challenging the PA tax in court, but I have a hard time believing that is the reason why they dropped the 10% charge because Jersey and other states have blocked horse players for years and they don't seem to be affected by the legalities. I think Pennsylvania realized that the 10% tax backfired and actually resulted in lower handle and total returns.

tlinetrader
02-26-2016, 07:37 AM
I didnt mean to imply that living in NY means no options. I have a twinspires account and amwager is also an option. Its just that many adws like betptc wont take NY residents because of the surcharge. Rebates for NY residents from twinspires and amwager are negligible.

pandy
02-26-2016, 07:45 AM
I didnt mean to imply that living in NY means no options. I have a twinspires account and amwager is also an option. Its just that many adws like betptc wont take NY residents because of the surcharge. Rebates for NY residents from twinspires and amwager are negligible.

I didn't realize that NY had the surcharge. I haven't checked out amwager but I don't consider Twinspires to be a rebate ADW. I wonder, does HANA have a list of states that restrict bettors?

Ted Craven
02-26-2016, 09:47 AM
I didn't realize that NY had the surcharge. I haven't checked out amwager but I don't consider Twinspires to be a rebate ADW. I wonder, does HANA have a list of states that restrict bettors?

Here is AmWager's State by State list of restrictions: http://www.amwager.com/state-restrictions/ I understand they are currently studying the status of Pennsylvania residents.

Ted

Ted Craven
02-26-2016, 09:53 AM
Here is AmWager's State by State list of restrictions: http://www.amwager.com/state-restrictions/ I understand they are currently studying the status of Pennsylvania residents.

TedOops, looks like that link is down at the moment. When last I checked it, here was the restricted list:

Please note: Unfortunately, if you live in some US States you cannot join this Player’s Organization. They are: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North & South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington. (Please contact me for options).
http://www.sartinmethodology.com/rebate_info

Ted Craven
02-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Looks like at least AmWager is getting set up this weekend to accept applications from Pennsylvania residents, and likely other rebating ADWs are as well.

If anyone would like assistance to get an AmWager account with pretty good rebates (and a very nice set of wagering tools), please just send me a Private Message.

Ted

djm1959
02-27-2016, 01:31 PM
same blocks on sites that i couldnt use ,,, and im a penn resident.... any adws that i can add? i have betamerica and twinspires

Ted Craven
02-27-2016, 02:06 PM
djm, please see my private message.

pandy
02-28-2016, 07:49 AM
same blocks on sites that i couldnt use ,,, and im a penn resident.... any adws that i can add? i have betamerica and twinspires

I would imagine that betptc will be back on board soon, too. betamerica and twinspires are not rebate ADW's, go with a rebate ADW, it makes a huge difference.

toddbowker
03-02-2016, 11:54 AM
I would imagine that betptc will be back on board soon, too.You would be incorrect.

Based on our initial review of the new law, while PA has apparently dropped the original 10% tax, they have added requirements for all "secondary pari-mutuel organizations" (of which ADWs are included) to be licensed by the Commonwealth.

They've also subjected all "secondary pari-mutuel organizations" to a 1.5% WPS and 2.5% exotics pari-mutuel tax, and what would appear to be a $500,000 initial license fee with $100,000 renewals.

So, for the time being, PTC will not be re-entering the PA market. We will continue to study the law, and that position may change if the regulatory or economic models change.

pandy
03-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the update. That sucks.

tanner12oz
03-07-2016, 06:21 AM
Not so fast. 123bet dumped me this am cuz of pa laws and regulations

pandy
03-07-2016, 08:29 AM
Not so fast. 123bet dumped me this am cuz of pa laws and regulations

We have to find out how to fight this. It may be unconstitutional. It's funny how the government loves free trade that wipes out millions of jobs but when it comes to our rights to do business with whomever we want, they tighten up.

djm1959
03-07-2016, 09:28 AM
123 bets sucked i cleaned out my acct last week,,, wont miss them...

amwager has taken me back..(pa bettor) thats a better adw...

anyothers for pa people?

just tried to log on and went into cyberspace, no explanation lol

netbet
04-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Is amwager taking PA residents? I tried to create an account and PA isn't available in the list of states.

djm1959
04-10-2016, 06:29 PM
yes they are,,, im using the site