Kash$
02-24-2016, 07:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX713WSACR8&feature=youtu.be&a=

EMD4ME
02-24-2016, 08:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX713WSACR8&feature=youtu.be&a=

That was AWESOME!!!

And my 2 cents....

I wish more Andycappers would call out these knuckleheads. If they don't like it....

GET BETTER AT WHAT YOU DO

johnhannibalsmith
02-24-2016, 08:19 PM
FAN****INGTASTIC!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alwaysonpoint36
02-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Spectacular.

JayTris07
02-24-2016, 09:05 PM
What was the discussion between Andy and Leparoux? Tried to find it on Twitter and got nothing.

jballscalls
02-24-2016, 09:12 PM
Hey thanks for listening guys and the nice words. I'm a big Andy fan and love that he mixes it up.

I usually do song parodies for the BetAmerica Radio Network each tuesday and we put them up on youtube too.

Tom
02-24-2016, 10:08 PM
Literally ROTFLMAO!
Andy has joined the elite!

Hard2Like
02-24-2016, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the laughs.

Stillriledup
02-24-2016, 11:59 PM
Fantastic stuff!
:lol:
I would love to see a talking cartoon where you can sign up to a site and type in the words and robotic cartoons speak your words, we can come up with some really funny ones featuring PA members, does Anyone remember that cartoon generator I'm talking about?

johnhannibalsmith
02-25-2016, 12:08 AM
jibjab

ReplayRandall
02-25-2016, 12:36 AM
What was the discussion between Andy and Leparoux? Tried to find it on Twitter and got nothing.
Conversation on Feb. 18th, Andy calls out Julien for riding a dead rail with a live horse........Typical Leparoux inept ride.

https://twitter.com/JulienLeparoux/status/700400990634295296

johnhannibalsmith
02-25-2016, 10:34 AM

I usually do song parodies for the BetAmerica Radio Network each tuesday and we put them up on youtube too.

I had heard the Beyer one before - I think you or someone else linked it here - but just went and watched the others. Racing needs more of this fun stuff that puts some character into the names. Really great stuff.

One big complaint, though. How could you do a Wrona one and and not use My Sharona? My Cull Wrona! :D

FrankieFigs
02-25-2016, 11:08 AM
I made through about 45 seconds here at work. Have to listen to the rest at home. Freakin' hilarious!!!

jballscalls
02-25-2016, 11:17 AM
I had heard the Beyer one before - I think you or someone else linked it here - but just went and watched the others. Racing needs more of this fun stuff that puts some character into the names. Really great stuff.

One big complaint, though. How could you do a Wrona one and and not use My Sharona? My Cull Wrona! :D

I feel like someone did that on TVG or something once. Who knows, plenty of time down the road maybe it'll come up. I have a PVAL one that I love to a certain Eric Clapton song but I don't think I can publish it LOL

johnhannibalsmith
02-25-2016, 11:23 AM
... a certain Eric Clapton song but I don't think I can publish it LOL

:lol: :lol:

*sniff* *sniff* that makes me sad.

JayTris07
02-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Conversation on Feb. 18th, Andy calls out Julien for riding a dead rail with a live horse........Typical Leparoux inept ride.

https://twitter.com/JulienLeparoux/status/700400990634295296

Thanks RR

Fox
02-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Genius. Great work. :ThmbUp:

no breathalyzer
02-25-2016, 11:40 AM

johnhannibalsmith
02-25-2016, 12:42 PM
After going against the usual grain repeatedly the first few days of the race week at my track and getting beaten repeatedly, I decided to vent my frustration with myself in Jason Beem style. Very cathartic I must say. This could catch on.

Qt2mbGP6vFI

He calls out to the man on the three,
Jock can you show speed,
Its dry as a bone 100 degrees,
Up front is the only place you can be.

He legs up, lands like a sack,
habla espanol no entiende my words,
Starts to bristle as he's led up to the track,
Knows she'll be lucky to pass the birds.

Oh, think twice, don't you bet that three in the fifth at Turf Paradise,
Oh, think twice, it's just another hopeless closer at Turf Paradise.

He breaks on her mouth floats all her teeth,
You can see he's not shipping,
Ten back after a quarter well she's beat,
Man this guy needs a whipping.

Oh, think twice, you won't win from way back there at Turf Paradise.

Oh lord, why oh why is it always so true,
Oh lord, there must be a closer to play.

You can tell from the lines in the form,
You can see the track's never fair,
The water truck is useless when its always so warm,
It's pointless to go play this mare.

Oh, think twice, it's just another hopeless closer at Turf Paradise.

jballscalls
02-25-2016, 01:08 PM
[/INDENT]

I was gonna do "Oh, I wish they have thought twice, and hired me to call races at Turf Paradise" #stillbitter

johnhannibalsmith
02-25-2016, 01:11 PM
I was gonna do "Oh, I wish they have thought twice, and hired me to call races at Turf Paradise" #stillbitter

That makes two of us.

Edited due to the realization: that see! Isn't this cathartic to vent this way. I'm loving it. :D

ultracapper
02-25-2016, 01:15 PM
Awesome.

Don't Worry.........Run Happy

PaceAdvantage
02-25-2016, 01:55 PM
It's apparent that even racing parodies, much like everything else in racing, have much to do in order to catch up with the rest of the world...

Found this mildly amusing at best...those who call this amazing obviously don't surf YouTube much...

And before you hit the send button on that "Well, you're just too much of an Andy ass-kisser to appreciate this..." NO...that's not why...

A better singer would have done this one a helluva lot of justice...for starters...

johnhannibalsmith
02-25-2016, 01:59 PM
Boo! Hiss!

:D

PaceAdvantage
02-25-2016, 02:01 PM
Just injecting a little dose of honest reality my friend...

johnhannibalsmith
02-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Even if I thought it sucked, which I don't, I'm still all for someone being even mildly creative in racing. Especially when it comes to pimping the faces, horses or otherwise in a format outside of sappy, formulaic stories a couple of times a year on major broadcasts.

PaceAdvantage
02-25-2016, 02:09 PM
To each their own...I thought it was kinda lame...and the only reason I commented at all was because I was shocked so many people thought it was the cat's meow...

johnhannibalsmith
02-25-2016, 02:12 PM
I should point out that "Dude Where's My Car" is one of my favorite movies.

AlBundy33
02-25-2016, 02:14 PM
I would probably think it would be a bit more funnier if WDFN didn't do a similar parody on former Tigers GM Randy Smith some years ago.

cj
02-25-2016, 02:15 PM
I would probably think it would be a bit more funnier if WDFN didn't do a similar parody on former Tigers GM Randy Smith some years ago.

Randy Smith criticized jockeys? Was he a regular at Pinnacle?

no breathalyzer
02-25-2016, 02:20 PM
it started off kind of weak but finished like Zenyatta. over all i thought it was good

bello
02-25-2016, 02:23 PM
I actually viewed this as very pro-andy, not derogatory at all.

Same reason why we appreciate MountainMan...We need soeone to speak their mind, where correct or not.

And the correct or not is the business of para-mutual wagering.

When I listen to non-controversial talking head giving selections...well let me correct that, i dont listen to those talking heads. I want someone I could envision being in the grandstand with arguing over the outcome of the next race and why. I can't talk back to mountainman or Andy but they give me that mojo nonetheless and Twitter actually bring it closer to a real time interaction.

Don't let them change you Little Man.

AlBundy33
02-25-2016, 02:25 PM
Randy Smith criticized jockeys? Was he a regular at Pinnacle?

Doubt it. He and his 43 win seasons was long gone by then. :D

cj
02-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Doubt it. He and his 43 win seasons was long gone by then. :D

Great Lakes Downs? Detroit Race Course? :)

PaceAdvantage
02-25-2016, 02:30 PM
I actually viewed this as very pro-andy, not derogatory at all.

Same reason why we appreciate MountainMan...We need soeone to speak their mind, where correct or not.

And the correct or not is the business of para-mutual wagering.

When I listen to non-controversial talking head giving selections...well let me correct that, i dont listen to those talking heads. I want someone I could envision being in the grandstand with arguing over the outcome of the next race and why. I can't talk back to mountainman or Andy but they give me that mojo nonetheless and Twitter actually bring it closer to a real time interaction.

Don't let them change you Little Man.I'm not sure whether it's pro Andy or anti Andy or whatever Andy. Andy wasn't the point of my comments anyway. It was the singing and the lyrics...just didn't do much for me and didn't seem all that clever...given all the rave reviews before mine that is... :lol:

bello
02-25-2016, 03:44 PM
Next time we should get let the Pace Advantage Men's Choir to take a stab. At
least I know I won't get roped into that club.

jballscalls
02-25-2016, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure whether it's pro Andy or anti Andy or whatever Andy. Andy wasn't the point of my comments anyway. It was the singing and the lyrics...just didn't do much for me and didn't seem all that clever...given all the rave reviews before mine that is... :lol:

I figure if more than half the people like it I'm doing well. I mean it's a dumb song parody and honestly I always find bad singer parodies better than slick well produced ones. Different strokes is all. thanks for the feedback Mike.

bello
02-25-2016, 05:05 PM
There is always hope...been a Howard Stern fan for decades and have heard the parodies improve to the point of professionally produced songs. It was a nice diversion and it was entertaining and I loved the message. Thats horse racing. Back in the day we were in positions to yell and scream at the jock on the other side of the rail. Now we resort to twitter and song parodies. Like I mentioned to Little Man, Don't change...just get a better singer

the little guy
02-25-2016, 06:00 PM
Whatever fun Jason wants to have with me is OK by me. He's always been great with me. I take anything he does as a compliment.

This game is deadly serious, and I take it very seriously, which is all the more reason to joke around as much as possible. If you can't make fun of yourself, then you certainly shouldn't make fun of anyone else....and I surely like to make fun of others:-)

Stillriledup
02-25-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure whether it's pro Andy or anti Andy or whatever Andy. Andy wasn't the point of my comments anyway. It was the singing and the lyrics...just didn't do much for me and didn't seem all that clever...given all the rave reviews before mine that is... :lol:

It's pro Andy, it's a form of flattery, Andy is the Simon Cowell of horse racing. :D

FrankieFigs
02-25-2016, 07:21 PM
I made through about 45 seconds here at work. Have to listen to the rest at home. Freakin' hilarious!!!

Listened to all of it...

:lol: :lol:

Good stuff!!!

PaceAdvantage
02-26-2016, 09:08 AM
I figure if more than half the people like it I'm doing well. I mean it's a dumb song parody and honestly I always find bad singer parodies better than slick well produced ones. Different strokes is all. thanks for the feedback Mike.I agree with your first sentence...just because I'm the wet washcloth here doesn't mean much...mine is just one opinion among a sea of praise...congrats!

cj
02-26-2016, 09:42 AM
I definitely like it more because the singing isn't professional.

Kudos to Andy also for his reply. He took it in the spirit it was meant, not that I expected anything different.

bello
02-26-2016, 09:49 AM
Lots of class and honesty throughout this thread. That is why I love horseplayers. We can and should rip each other new assholes around our selections and each other but at the end of the day, it comes down to a love of the game. Horse players cannot and should not be politically correct or they should go to the library or play video games. This s not by it's very nature a solitary sport. Even though home betting took it's toll ( another thread)

johnhannibalsmith
02-27-2016, 10:04 AM
MXN77z5dZlk

Since maybe 10 people that post here know the original song:

cpGbzYlnz7c

PaceAdvantage
02-28-2016, 06:15 PM
MXN77z5dZlk

Since maybe 10 people that post here know the original song:

cpGbzYlnz7cSee, now this one I really LIKED...and yes, I guess I'm one of the 10 who know the original....

johnhannibalsmith
02-28-2016, 06:50 PM
See, now this one I really LIKED...and yes, I guess I'm one of the 10 who know the original....

If you can believe it I posted it in part because I had a feeling you might enjoy it more... somehow I knew that you were probably one of the few others that was down with Coolio... :lol:

I thought Jason's rapping was pretty fly for a white guy.