PDA

View Full Version : Question for PaceAdvantage

VigorsTheGrey
02-24-2016, 07:02 PM
A question in my mind has come up whether it is legal to post a deep link from trks2day.com to a Paceadvantage thread? The link bypasses trks2days home page and takes you to a BRIS web page listing the dates when horses with the same sire are entered at various tracks. Trks2day.com provides these links for no charge. I looked for info on this, for example :

"Deep Linking: The most straightforward case is so-called "deep linking," which refers to placing a link on your site that leads to a particular page within another site (i.e., other than its homepage). No court has ever found that deep linking to another website constitutes copyright or trademark infringement. Therefore, you can link to other websites without serious concerns about legal liability for the link itself, with the exception of activities that might be contributory copyright infringement or trafficking in circumvention technology (discussed below)."

Still question remain in my mind.

Surely this issue has surfaced before at Pace. How do you understand this issue and what is your policy? Vigors.

Rise Over Run
02-24-2016, 08:52 PM
The guy that runs Trks2day.com is a PA member, Whobet. I'm sure he loves the free publicity. :lol: :lol: :jump: :jump:

PaceAdvantage
02-25-2016, 01:59 PM
In this particular case there is absolutely no problems that I can see...carry on