PDA

View Full Version : Who Gave Twinspires Permission To "Adjust" My Bet?

NorCalGreg
02-24-2016, 04:22 PM
I bet a 50cent, 4-horse trifecta, :2: :3: :6: :7: -- keying the :3: with the :2: , :6: , :7: --cost of wager = $9.00

The :2: was a scratch--so my ADW goes ahead and gives me a 3-horse 50cent tri box, charging me $3.00 The problem is--that was NOT my wager--and trust me--I'm not sweating the 3 bucks. It's just that, if I wanted a 3-horse box, that would have been my wager.

COMPLETED: 86403-3a8a9GP#1 $0.50 Trifecta BN, 3, WT, 2, 6, 7 $9.00 $6.00 -$3.00

Naturally, the first response will be..."Would you be complaining if that 3-horse tri box had hit?" Well....hell no I wouldn't be complaining--that isn't the point here. What if I had boxed 4-horses in a super--one scratches--they wouldn't adjust it to a 3-horse trifecta box.

My own opinion--if TS canceled wagers in this situation--they're overall handle would go down. They're looking to increase handle, not cut back.

Do all ADW's make a practice of adjusting wagers down , when scratches occur?

green80
02-24-2016, 05:00 PM
yes, if you were at the track and there was a scratch at the gate, you would still have a 3 horse box. Your box is treated as individual bets for scratch purposes and only the bets with the scratched horse are cancelled. Now if it was a 4 horse super, then you get a refund. A minimum number of horses to make the bet must go.

NorCalGreg
02-24-2016, 05:44 PM
yes, if you were at the track and there was a scratch at the gate, you would still have a 3 horse box. Your box is treated as individual bets for scratch purposes and only the bets with the scratched horse are cancelled. Now if it was a 4 horse super, then you get a refund. A minimum number of horses to make the bet must go.

Well! Thanks for ruining a perfectly good thread---by MAKING PERFECT SENSE in the first response :lol:

Next time-- give someone a chance to blame this all on democrats, jockeys, stewards, BLM, and rampant drug use ruining our beloved sport.

azeri98
02-24-2016, 07:33 PM
Same thing up here in Canada, if after scratches your bet meets the minimum it stands.

PhantomOnTour
02-24-2016, 07:53 PM
I think you gave them permission when you signed up to use them as your ADW.
it's probably in the fine print somewhere.

EMD4ME
02-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Well! Thanks for ruining a perfectly good thread---by MAKING PERFECT SENSE in the first response :lol:

Next time-- give someone a chance to blame this all on democrats, jockeys, stewards, BLM, and rampant drug use ruining our beloved sport.

NCG, you are a FUNNY and CLASS act my man :)

Carry on now.... :ThmbUp:

green80
02-24-2016, 09:34 PM

:confused:
my bad

davew
02-27-2016, 01:33 PM
If it was an Aqueduct race, there would have been a good chance the scratch would have cut enough starters so entire show and superfecta pools would have been cancelled. You would have gotten all your bet back, even if it came in....

Hoofless_Wonder
02-27-2016, 03:49 PM
I bet a 50cent, 4-horse trifecta, :2: :3: :6: :7: -- keying the :3: with the :2: , :6: , :7: --cost of wager = $9.00

The :2: was a scratch--so my ADW goes ahead and gives me a 3-horse 50cent tri box, charging me $3.00 The problem is--that was NOT my wager--and trust me--I'm not sweating the 3 bucks. It's just that, if I wanted a 3-horse box, that would have been my wager.

COMPLETED: 86403-3a8a9GP#1 $0.50 Trifecta BN, 3, WT, 2, 6, 7 $9.00 $6.00 -$3.00

Naturally, the first response will be..."Would you be complaining if that 3-horse tri box had hit?" Well....hell no I wouldn't be complaining--that isn't the point here. What if I had boxed 4-horses in a super--one scratches--they wouldn't adjust it to a 3-horse trifecta box.

My own opinion--if TS canceled wagers in this situation--they're overall handle would go down. They're looking to increase handle, not cut back.

Do all ADW's make a practice of adjusting wagers down , when scratches occur?

Doesn't look to me that the wager was adjusted at all. A three horse box is the same as a horse keyed in all three slots with two other horses, but it saves a button by not requiring the "with" selection.

horses4courses
02-27-2016, 04:02 PM
You originally bet 18 separate combinations on one ticket.
After the scratch, you still have six intact (refund on the remainder).
Standard practice.

NorCalGreg
02-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Doesn't look to me that the wager was adjusted at all. A three horse box is the same as a horse keyed in all three slots with two other horses, but it saves a button by not requiring the "with" selection.

Well of course it's different....I asked for a 4-horse trifecta--with one of the horses "keyed"...I'm sure everyone knows that KEYING a horse saves half the cost of a simple 4-horse box.
I didn't wager on a 3-horse box--but got one anyway.

NorCalGreg
02-27-2016, 04:46 PM
You originally bet 18 separate combinations on one ticket.
After the scratch, you still have six intact (refund on the remainder).
Standard practice.

Yes....as I've been told, H4C. :)

Hoofless_Wonder
02-27-2016, 06:26 PM
Well of course it's different....I asked for a 4-horse trifecta--with one of the horses "keyed"...I'm sure everyone knows that KEYING a horse saves half the cost of a simple 4-horse box.
I didn't wager on a 3-horse box--but got one anyway.

I wouldn't describe it as different. You're original bet's valid combinations were still in play, and in this case simply resulted in being THE SAME as a three horse box. For the record, your wager was NOT a box, it was still a three horse tri key BOX.

Bottom line is that after the scratch you should have canceled the wager to save that $3 if the scratch of the :2: made the wager a bad one. Or would you rather the valid combinations after a late scratch are ALWAYS canceled?

NorCalGreg
02-27-2016, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't describe it as different. You're original bet's valid combinations were still in play, and in this case simply resulted in being THE SAME as a three horse box. For the record, your wager was NOT a box, it was still a three horse tri key BOX.

Bottom line is that after the scratch you should have canceled the wager to save that $3 if the scratch of the :2: made the wager a bad one. Or would you rather the valid combinations after a late scratch are ALWAYS canceled?

Okay you've gone from making assumptions...to out-and-out blaming me--the victim (in a sense).

The original question was WHO GAVE MY ADW PERMISSION TO ALTER MY BET?

Now all of a sudden--I should have done this and that, etc.

We're just spinning our wheels here, HW. You're better than I, at plain-text debating...this could continue for days.

Let's just call it a draw, shall we?

Thanks for posting :)

-NCG

Hoofless_Wonder
02-28-2016, 12:57 AM
Okay you've gone from making assumptions...to out-and-out blaming me--the victim (in a sense).

The original question was WHO GAVE MY ADW PERMISSION TO ALTER MY BET?

Now all of a sudden--I should have done this and that, etc.

We're just spinning our wheels here, HW. You're better than I, at plain-text debating...this could continue for days.

Let's just call it a draw, shall we?

Thanks for posting :)

-NCG

I don't mean to "blame" you, per se. But you are not a victim. I think your description of the issue is misleading. The rules for late scratches are clearly defined, where live combinations are still considered a valid wager.

YOU gave permission to the ADW to proceed this way when signing up for an account and agreeing to the terms and conditions. So if thinking that the wager was altered and asking who's responsible, we know who that is.

Your bet was NOT altered by the ADW, but simply reduced in the number of live combintations. You were charged for the tri KEY box combinations which were still valid. If the :3: had been scratched instead of the :2: , you would have received a complete refund, and been happy, right? Without your key, the bet is no good. By "boxing" the other three horses, you've implied their importance to the wager is equal, and the remaining portions of the key are still valid.

In the ideal world, we would have an option on how to handle wagers when late scratches occur. In your case, perhaps the :2: horse was a speed type you thought would test and help weaken another speed horse, and with the scratch now the race plays out completely differently. Perhaps a complete refund is preferable. But most tracks, and not the ADWs, will determine whether remaining combos go, and they like to retain wagers once placed.

Could be worse. You can bet Hong Kong where no wagers can be canceled. That's bit me a couple of times, but it's still my favorite circuit. :)

mikesal57
02-28-2016, 09:25 AM
NCG, you are a FUNNY and CLASS act my man :)

Carry on now.... :ThmbUp:

thats right....encourage this maniac....
I make sure coffee is at pc, glasses are cleaned and I pooped before I start reading his threads... :kiss:

mike

ultracapper
03-02-2016, 11:41 AM
I don't mean to "blame" you, per se. But you are not a victim. I think your description of the issue is misleading. The rules for late scratches are clearly defined, where live combinations are still considered a valid wager.

YOU gave permission to the ADW to proceed this way when signing up for an account and agreeing to the terms and conditions. So if thinking that the wager was altered and asking who's responsible, we know who that is.

Your bet was NOT altered by the ADW, but simply reduced in the number of live combintations. You were charged for the tri KEY box combinations which were still valid. If the :3: had been scratched instead of the :2: , you would have received a complete refund, and been happy, right? Without your key, the bet is no good. By "boxing" the other three horses, you've implied their importance to the wager is equal, and the remaining portions of the key are still valid.

In the ideal world, we would have an option on how to handle wagers when late scratches occur. In your case, perhaps the :2: horse was a speed type you thought would test and help weaken another speed horse, and with the scratch now the race plays out completely differently. Perhaps a complete refund is preferable. But most tracks, and not the ADWs, will determine whether remaining combos go, and they like to retain wagers once placed.

Could be worse. You can bet Hong Kong where no wagers can be canceled. That's bit me a couple of times, but it's still my favorite circuit. :)

This. With the scratch of the 2, your bet hasn't been altered at all. You now have the 3 keyed with the other 2, which in all reality, is a 3 horse trifecta box.

NorCalGreg
03-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Couple years ago....was looking for a new ADW. Don't remember which one it was--but it was one that offered the $300 bonus at signup.

It all sounded good until, for some reason I decided to recheck the fine print.

They had a ton of stipulations on actually getting the $300, and also--YOU COULD NOT CANCEL A BET-ever..no how, no way.

I immediately ceased sign-up, closed it out--never to return. I don't remember who they were.....but buyer beware---no one just "gives away" $300.

NorCalGreg
03-02-2016, 03:59 PM
thats right....encourage this maniac....
I make sure coffee is at pc, glasses are cleaned and I pooped before I start reading his threads... :kiss:

mike

LOL...somehow completely missed this :D

EMD4ME
03-02-2016, 07:56 PM
LOL...somehow completely missed this :D

Yeah, I was a little distracted..... :lol: ....myself.

Good one Mikesal57!

NorCalGreg
03-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I was a little distracted..... :lol: ....myself.

Good one Mikesal57!

I think everyone was a "little distracted" yesterday....I blame Obama :lol:

EMD4ME
03-02-2016, 08:16 PM
I think everyone was a "little distracted" yesterday....I blame Obama :lol:

YEAH?????????????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I blame Irad Ortiz and many of his brethren :lol: :lol: :lol:

NorCalGreg
03-02-2016, 08:36 PM
YEAH?????????????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I blame Irad Ortiz and many of his brethren :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah...finally figured it out--that guy that kept trying to stir up sh*t---DONT-ASK-DONT-TELL ......or whatever his handle is--mofo's a democrat PLANT, sent here to start fights with the most MIND-BOGGLING, RIGHTEOUS, ANALYTICAL MINDS ON EARTH--the horseplayer. Once they get us good and confused--Mensa, Hoover Institute, MIT men's chess club...will fall, and then the White House highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.

yep..gotta be it.

EMD4ME
03-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Nah...finally figured it out--that guy that kept trying to stir up sh*t---DONT-ASK-DONT-TELL ......or whatever his handle is--mofo's a democrat PLANT, sent here to start fights with the most MIND-BOGGLING, RIGHTEOUS, ANALYTICAL MINDS ON EARTH--the horseplayer. Once they get us good and confused--Mensa, Hoover Institute, MIT men's chess club...will fall, and then the White House highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.

yep..gotta be it.

That's deeper than my conspiracy theories ..............You GOT me on that one.

Did you and SRU make up yet? :kiss: :D

NorCalGreg
03-02-2016, 08:51 PM
That's deeper than my conspiracy theories ..............You GOT me on that one.

Did you and SRU make up yet? :kiss: :D

yeah...SRU sent me a very touching, personal note extending his most heart-felt apologies. How could I not forgive him?

He's good people :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
03-02-2016, 09:04 PM
yeah...SRU sent me a very touching, personal note extending his most heart-felt apologies. How could I not forgive him?

He's good people :ThmbUp:

Yes, he is. So everythings back to normal! Good. Onward we march!

deelo
03-02-2016, 10:37 PM
temporary brain cramp...I had one about a week ago involving the ole' tri key box.

Knew I liked the :1: and :2: in there for sure and the :3: or :4: to complete the tri somewhere so with the horses loading I ran up in haste and bet tri key box :1: :2: / :3: :4:

Came in :1: :3: :2: ...took me a few minutes of dismay to realize what I had done...sigh

NorCalGreg
03-03-2016, 01:24 AM
temporary brain cramp...I had one about a week ago involving the ole' tri key box.

Knew I liked the :1: and :2: in there for sure and the :3: or :4: to complete the tri somewhere so with the horses loading I ran up in haste and bet tri key box :1: :2: / :3: :4:

Came in :1: :3: :2: ...took me a few minutes of dismay to realize what I had done...sigh

Swear there are some kind of extreme forces of horse-betting, that compels/dictates those horses to run in EXACTLY THE WORSE PLACING POSSIBLE.

Yeah I know that feeling, deelo.

Spiderman
03-03-2016, 05:40 AM
I experienced a similar betting situation, though it was a P4. I bet early , before scratches were announced, left for other business and returned in the evening.

One of the #s was scratched and the post time favorite won that race. I had winners of the other three races. The ADW, njbets, did not give me credit for a win with post time favorite. I did get credit for the scratch.