PDA

View Full Version : How much "quality" in Equibase "quality control"?

Milkshaker
02-23-2016, 07:36 PM
The next time you wonder why there are errors in charts and PP's, consider the following ad from Equibase, posted today on Indeed.com, soliciting quality control help.

The person is responsible for all of these duties...

Phone and email customer service
Quality control and distribution of data files
Website promotion and maintenance
Completion of daily, weekly, monthly reports
Develop and send email marketing communications
Other responsibilities as assigned
...and the position pays $10/hour.

Ya get what ya pay for!

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Equibase-Company-LLC/jobs/Quality-Control-Coordinator-e62743ab21711498?q=equibase

Mandrake
02-23-2016, 08:25 PM
That is the slowest web site I have ever seen. You can drink a cup of coffee waiting for all their promos to load. Really bad.

NorCalGreg
02-23-2016, 09:47 PM
The next time you wonder why there are errors in charts and PP's, consider the following ad from Equibase, posted today on Indeed.com, soliciting quality control help.

Ya get what ya pay for!

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Equibase-Company-LLC/jobs/Quality-Control-Coordinator-e62743ab21711498?q=equibase

Did you get the job?

thespaah
02-23-2016, 10:13 PM

Ya get what ya pay for!

Ten bucks an hour?
I would not open one eye to look at the alarm clock for that money....

thespaah
02-23-2016, 10:14 PM
That is the slowest web site I have ever seen. You can drink a cup of coffee waiting for all their promos to load. Really bad.
Really?..I don't have that problem..It loads pretty quickly for me....Oh well

Milkshaker
02-23-2016, 10:50 PM
Did you get the job?

No. One of the additional job conditions (I kid you not) was "HTML programing experience preferred."

NorCalGreg
02-23-2016, 10:59 PM
No. One of the additional job conditions (I kid you not) was "HTML programing experience preferred."

All that for $10 an hour...wow. I once applied (and got) a job as a delivery driver. The list of duties included "data entry". For a job making deliveries!

Turned out--the data entry consisted of logging onto a company site, to report accts receivable--or in other words...if I completed my assigned deliveries.

MONEY
02-23-2016, 11:20 PM
I see job listings similar to that one all of the time.
Some even ask for a college degree & 5 to 10 years experience.
It's one of the ways that employers use to justify needing workers from other countries.

When no one applies for the job, Equibase can claim that it needs a foreigner
to fill the vacancy because they can not find a qualified applicant in the U.S.A.

Milkshaker
02-24-2016, 12:00 AM
When no one applies for the job, Equibase can claim that it needs a foreigner to fill the vacancy because they can not find a qualified applicant in the U.S.A.

While I acknowledge that this practice goes on in some industries for certain jobs, I think you are giving Equibase too much credit by making it seem as if they have a long-term foreign-workers hiring strategy at play here. Stritcly as a gambling proposition, my money would be on Equibase just being plain old cheap and unwilling to invest in good IT help.

Tom
02-24-2016, 12:09 PM
I guess that explains the lack of quality in their products.
Race times, run up, turf rails.....that all comes for $15 an hour. :lol:

You get what you pay for.....in this case,. very little.
No wonder there is an opening. The last guy probably got a job at Mickey Dee's for minimum!

cj
02-24-2016, 01:28 PM
$10 an hour? What a sucker I am! I've been doing QA for Equibase for $0 an hour for years. :lol: :lol: :lol: