PDA

View Full Version : Obama plans to close Guantanamo prison

barahona44
02-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Currently making statement on that fact;not sure what his authority is in being able to do this.Came in halfway through the announcement so not really sure what plans are for detainees.Invoking Bush 43 a lot.

Tom
02-23-2016, 11:32 AM
Hillary's new cabinet members?

davew
02-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Wasn't that a campaign promise from 2008?

Saratoga_Mike
02-23-2016, 02:43 PM
I disagreed with many of GWB's foreign policy decisions, but the creation of Gitmo was not one of them. Obama is a naïve fool.

Greyfox
02-23-2016, 03:30 PM
Ted Cruz speculated that when Obama goes to Cuba in March, he might be stupid enough to give Guantanamo back to Cuba.

TJDave
02-23-2016, 04:17 PM
Ted Cruz speculated that when Obama goes to Cuba in March, he might be stupid enough to give Guantanamo back to Cuba.

Probably should. Prior to GITMO the naval station was on life support. All training and support facilities had been transferred elsewhere.

classhandicapper
02-23-2016, 04:32 PM
Give Gitmo back to Cuba?

I'm more worried Putin putting nuclear missiles in Cuba and Obama looking the other way. Putin, China, Iran, and everyone else with aggressive desires knows this guy is not going to do a darn thing if they make a move. So why not make as many moves as possible before a new administration (potentially a republican) that won't stand for it is elected?

Russia made a move on Georgia we did nothing. So he took at shot at Crimea. We did nothing. So he moved further into Ukraine. We did nothing. So now he's making moves in Syria and Iraq. Another 8 years of this administration and he'd reassemble most of the Soviet Union and take over the entire Middle East.

China builds an island. We do nothing. So now they are adding missiles, radar, planes etc...

How about we give Iran around 180 billion so they can use it to finance the expansion of their influence in the region and basically get nothing back for it?

I'm not smart enough to know what the military is suggesting or what we should be doing in some of these cases, but doing nothing guarantees that an aggressor will continue expanding. Obama is an epic failure.

delayjf
02-23-2016, 06:14 PM
I would add that Hillary is an willing accomplish in that failure.

fast4522
02-23-2016, 06:23 PM
Probably should. Prior to GITMO the naval station was on life support. All training and support facilities had been transferred elsewhere.

IF he transfers GITMO prisoners into these United States he will be breaking the law, this will trigger articles of impeachment by several in the House.

azeri98
02-23-2016, 06:44 PM
Keep the facility, just leave it empty, don't give it back to Cuba, if they move the prisoners to the U.S. they will get killed in jail, then they are gone for good.

Mandrake
02-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Is anyone surprised? In the old days this hack would have set the democrats back 1000 years. Today, who knows? As you get older there are only so many presidents you have left. This guy was a wasted 8 years of life.