PDA

View Full Version : Mack Lobell dies

zico20
02-22-2016, 09:30 PM
Just heard he passed away today at the age of 32. He was the greatest standard bred of his time. I only wish I could have seen him in person.

1067 The Fan
02-23-2016, 03:26 PM
The relationship of he and John D. Campbell were amazing. He was not a perfectly sound horse all the time, John held him together on some huge occasions. He raced against some awesome trotters in his time. One of the greats of our game.

pandy
02-23-2016, 04:19 PM
When Mack Lobell went to Europe in 1988 (he won the Eliteloppet, which, in my opinion, is he world's most prestigious harness race). When they first put him on the track after he had to go through the quarantine period, he refused to trot. In fact, he refused to move. He was pissed off that he had been forced into quarantine. I guess he knew that he was King, and he expected to be treated in an appropriate manner.

He actually won the Eliteloppet twice, which is not easy.

Stillriledup
02-23-2016, 05:19 PM
Mack Lobell was a very sleek horse, incredible horsemanship by Campbell to win Hambo, Mack broke stride in that race right after the wire but JC held him together to get there for the win. He beat the 3rd place finisher by a very large Margin. Great horse.

Shemp Howard
02-23-2016, 08:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKBBsqCFTY0