PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston Race 10 2/22

SuperPickle
02-22-2016, 06:32 PM
So I hate to make a thread about one race but two things happened in the race I don't think I've ever seen before.

#1 The Broberg horse that won closed from last at the eighth pole and passed nine horses inside the final 150 yards to win a five furlong race. I don't think I've ever seen that.

#2 I know people will accuse me of hyperbole but I think I just saw the worst odds on horse I've ever seen in 20-30 years of watching the sport. The 3/5 favorite was on the rail (an awful post going 5 furlongs) didn't look like he could get the lead (he didn't) and was 0 FOR 17 on dirt. He was off two huge wins on the turf but that's pretty useless on dirt. I literally checked to see if the race was on the turf three times. It made no sense.

bello
02-22-2016, 07:27 PM
Exactly why it is a good betting track...#1 had no shot but I guess pwople thought the race was on the turf. And they have low takeouts on the horizontals Also significant biases make it easy. Maybe i'll post selections one day. Reluctant to post too often these days as some higher ups consider me a troll so I stopped the handicapping threads.

EMD4ME
02-22-2016, 08:12 PM
Love this track.

It is the SARATOGA of the winter and of the B tracks.

Wish they ran 5 months out of the year. Love them.

ebcorde
02-22-2016, 08:50 PM
10-9-6-4 was losing all day until R10

appistappis
02-23-2016, 01:32 AM
thought the super would pay more, I posted on it in the what would the super pay thread.

MONEY
02-23-2016, 09:28 AM
I don't know what the Sam Houston track is made of.

Yesterday what caused the track to be muddy & off the turf, was nothing more than an occasional drizzle.

It did not rain enough to make a small puddle in the parking lot.

The rain poured all last night, so the track condition should be horrid today.