PDA

View Full Version : AQU 9th 2/20

SG4
02-20-2016, 11:37 PM
Can anyone explain what was up with the betting in this race? Power Nap, who already seemed extremely overbet at 2-1 as they left the gate, ticked down to 3-2 in the final flash & finished an uninspiring last (so much for "they" knowing). Can anyone explain to me what the appeal was on this horse in the first place, as the Power Nap who has been hanging around NY since July had the looks of one of the longest shots in the race. Sorry for anyone who liked him if this is coming off as redboarding, but I really am just utterly confused at the betting $ in this race. The 2 horses I liked were also off the board so it's not like I had this race down pat by any means anyway.

Also anyone catch the payoffs in the final AQU race today? Pick 6 paid 4046, pick 4 paid 3939 - not exactly a just reward for having an extra 2 winners around 2-1 each. Parlay would've been 15k+ so pretty much as bad as it gets with value on the 6 today. On the flip side, SA's pick 6 today paid extremely generously, odd day coast to coast on this aspect.

Stillriledup
02-20-2016, 11:58 PM
The 6 horse in the Power Nap race was the horse to bet against. There was a discussion here about that horse last time he ran and how he was galloping out poorly or something like that. He was the right throw out.