PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the answer?

coachv30
02-16-2016, 04:48 PM
My question is.......

What happens if you are wagering on an oversea's platform such as 5dimes.eu and play a Pick four. However, nobody betting in the states was alive in the last leg and therefore a consolation 3 of 4 is being paid. You however hit all four legs on the overseas account. Do they pay you the entire pool as if you were the lone ticket over here? How do they determine will pays if tickets are alive on their platform but not on any others?

RaceTrackDaddy
02-16-2016, 05:18 PM
My question is.......

What happens if you are wagering on an oversea's platform such as 5dimes.eu and play a Pick four. However, nobody betting in the states was alive in the last leg and therefore a consolation 3 of 4 is being paid. You however hit all four legs on the overseas account. Do they pay you the entire pool as if you were the lone ticket over here? How do they determine will pays if tickets are alive on their platform but not on any others?

Great question but I have a question. Is the track that you wagered upon located in the USA or outside of the USA?

If the track was located outside the USA, I would assume you would have received the Pick-4 total pool provided you were the only one with a live ticket.

If the track was located in the USA (but you wagered with an out of country ADW) I would assume that given your story, the ADW did not send their wagering money into the USA track racing hub, so they would be book-makers of sort. In that instance I would look to your ADW for their rules under Terms and Conditions located on their homepage. If they indeed are bookmakers, the terms stated on track payouts, they would use the whole pool minus the track's retention for the payout. I don't know what they would do in the case of multiple winners in that Pick-4, but my guess would be they would cover them all as if they are the only live ticket.

Again, this is just my guessing as I don't have an offshore account.

lamboguy
02-16-2016, 05:28 PM
its happened to me years ago. what they did was take the pool and subtract the the takeout and pay the rest. but what happened was i didn't get the full amount because i was capped at $10,000 per race on what i could win.

Stillriledup
02-16-2016, 06:00 PM
A legit place would honor the one winner payout (capped if they have a cap of course)

judd
02-16-2016, 06:10 PM
My question is.......

Only use overseas books for sports or golf use xpressbet for horse wagering esp
If your in the state that allows

coachv30
02-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!! I use TVG but have a 5dimes account too. The reason being, their minimum bet is 25 cents so it alows me to spread a bit more.

For example, last night I had 3 of 4 in the Pompano Pick Four. I did not have the :6: in the last leg, but if I did....that is what sparked my question because the :6: forced tonight's carryover.

green80
02-16-2016, 07:45 PM
harness races have a max net profit of $5000 per race at 5dimes. In your case you would not have been paid because the track did not have a payout.

coachv30
02-16-2016, 07:55 PM
harness races have a max net profit of $5000 per race at 5dimes. In your case you would not have been paid because the track did not have a payout.

WOW.....No Payout?? Nada??? I noticed I got a total refund for my 3 of 4.....is that what I would have gotten if I had all four?

green80
02-16-2016, 09:10 PM
if the track paid on 3/4 you should have got paid.

Stillriledup
02-17-2016, 11:07 PM
It's amazing that these places can exploit this loophole

ReplayRandall
02-17-2016, 11:42 PM
It's amazing that these places can exploit this loophole

They do this with Doubles all the time, win the 1st half, your horse gets scratched in the 2nd half, you should get a conso payout. But NO, all you get is a refund......

coachv30
02-18-2016, 04:34 PM
I guess since they have no direct connection nor impact on track pools, they can set their rules...it's up to us to decide whether they're fair or not. Like I said, I like the fact that I can stretch a ticket out at a track such as the Meadowlands or Santa Anita where the pools are are larger by playing a 25 cent Pick 4 or 5 instead of the minimum 50 cents or $1.

castaway01
02-19-2016, 09:35 AM
I guess since they have no direct connection nor impact on track pools, they can set their rules...it's up to us to decide whether they're fair or not. Like I said, I like the fact that I can stretch a ticket out at a track such as the Meadowlands or Santa Anita where the pools are are larger by playing a 25 cent Pick 4 or 5 instead of the minimum 50 cents or $1.

Your first sentence is all that matters. Know the rules where you play and prepare to deal with them.

Stillriledup
02-19-2016, 11:53 AM
They do this with Doubles all the time, win the 1st half, your horse gets scratched in the 2nd half, you should get a conso payout. But NO, all you get is a refund......

Buncha crooks.

Fox
02-20-2016, 03:37 PM
its happened to me years ago. what they did was take the pool and subtract the the takeout and pay the rest. but what happened was i didn't get the full amount because i was capped at $10,000 per race on what i could win.

Was it 5dimes?

Fox
02-20-2016, 03:40 PM
WOW.....No Payout?? Nada??? I noticed I got a total refund for my 3 of 4.....is that what I would have gotten if I had all four?

I guess it depends. I woukd read closely the racebook terms and conditions to see if that is addressed.