PDA

View Full Version : Southwest

f2tornado
02-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Oaklawn prep season kicks into high gear with the GIII Southwest Stakes this afternoon. It offers a large field and potential for large payout if you can pick apart this closely matched field on paper. Bob Baffert is a king shipping here and offers :3: Collected. This colt beat a weak Sham field and the score was not flattered when Let's Meet In Rio tanked his next trip. I still think this one will be a factor. Mike Smith takes the reins on :4: Whitmore who scratched out of the Smarty Jones to be here. Smith is one rider I can usually count on at this track. :7: Gordy Florida tried to steal the Smarty Jones but was nicked at the end by :12: Discreetness. Both will face tougher foes here. Gary Stevens jumps on the Lukas charge Z Royal :6:who disappointed in the LeComte. That said, the LeComte field this year has shown a touch of class. :5: Bird of Trey posted some solid speed figures at Parx but failed to fire in New York last out. A return to form could make this one a formidable opponent. :2: Syncrony looked like he might want more ground last out. There are several others worthy of mention as well.

It's a going to be a good race to watch but I will only make small wagers here given my perceived level of difficulty here. I will use the :3: and :4: on top and go from there.

MutuelClerk
02-15-2016, 12:28 PM
I see a pretty decent pace in here and maybe a longshot coming from the clouds. Just have to find the right bomb.

Michael
02-15-2016, 05:10 PM
Oaklawn prep season kicks into high gear with the GIII Southwest Stakes this afternoon. It offers a large field and potential for large payout if you can pick apart this closely matched field on paper. Bob Baffert is a king shipping here and offers :3: Collected. This colt beat a weak Sham field and the score was not flattered when Let's Meet In Rio tanked his next trip. I still think this one will be a factor. Mike Smith takes the reins on :4: Whitmore who scratched out of the Smarty Jones to be here. Smith is one rider I can usually count on at this track. :7: Gordy Florida tried to steal the Smarty Jones but was nicked at the end by :12: Discreetness. Both will face tougher foes here. Gary Stevens jumps on the Lukas charge Z Royal :6:who disappointed in the LeComte. That said, the LeComte field this year has shown a touch of class. :5: Bird of Trey posted some solid speed figures at Parx but failed to fire in New York last out. A return to form could make this one a formidable opponent. :2: Syncrony looked like he might want more ground last out. There are several others worthy of mention as well.

It's a going to be a good race to watch but I will only make small wagers here given my perceived level of difficulty here. I will use the :3: and :4: on top and go from there.

Nice write up Tornado :ThmbUp:

Personally tend to loosen the rubber-band for races like these. The only odd-ball throwing me for a loop is the :4: Whitmore. Can easily see him figure, but my gut is telling me "not today Mike."

Lemon Drop Husker
02-15-2016, 05:55 PM
Wish the :2: and :2:X weren't coupled as I like Suddenbreakingnews, and he would likely be at 12/1 or better on his own.

Looking to get a :2::9::10: Ex Box home along with the :3::4::6::12: underneath.

Kash$
02-15-2016, 06:27 PM
Wish the :2: and :2:X weren't coupled as I like Suddenbreakingnews, and he would likely be at 12/1 or better on his own.

Looking to get a :2::9::10: Ex Box home along with the :3::4::6::12: underneath.

Nice call LDH horse was tons the best.. :ThmbUp:

PowerUpPaynter
02-15-2016, 07:28 PM
Whitmore could be one to watch moving forward

cj
02-15-2016, 09:33 PM
Anybody think having entries in this race was ridiculous. The tote board in the infield can't handle more than 12 races so they made two entries instead of one mutuel field. I don't know who came up with that brilliant idea.

ronsmac
02-15-2016, 10:01 PM
Anybody think having entries in this race was ridiculous. The tote board in the infield can't handle more than 12 races so they made two entries instead of one mutuel field. I don't know who came up with that brilliant idea.
I wondered what that was all about. Now that I know that was the reason, it's an absolute disgrace.