PDA

View Full Version : MVRC 2-15-16

gib
02-15-2016, 06:15 AM
Ramblings aren't always wagers.

Race 1 - #2 GUILDED REWARD beat allowance company here last spring under Christian Pilares; he returns to the saddle today. Maybe they have karma; this group is difficult to trust -

Race 2 - #4 MEDIA STAR beat much better last spring in Chicago; she's here for a reason but Domimic Giglio, Jr. and Christian Pilares win 50% together. #1 IMPULSE IDEA was impressive compared to other locals last time; brings popular Canadian back class. #6 HONEYBOOBOO is always a threat to get loose -

Race 3 - #2 LANGTANZ seems to find lightning when his hooves hit real dirt; returns to best surface while dropping and showing a recent work. #4 ABI ALBON returns to proper condition. #7 MALIBU BLUE ships to town looking for easier competition; distance is a concern. -

Race 4 - #1 (PP7) SIMPLY SMART pressured the pace then battled on behind SOLAR MAXIMUS 27Jan. #10 (PP11) DO THE MATH hit the ground running last year. #5 (PP4) AIRDROP has probably beaten better; Dean Sarvis gets first leg up from Gary Welsh -

Race 5 - #6 MY PISANO drops in for a reasonable tag after a long maiden career. Recent tease #5 MAGIC APPLE has lost the least of this group; new trainer makes interesting jockey switch. Everyone is "live" here.

Race 6 - Intriguing trio that has enjoyed life in Austintown until encountering each other today. #7 RIDE THIS TRAIN just missed at this condition; features versatile running style. His ability to rate could position #8 AWARDING to upset. #3 AARON AGAIN will try to shake loose; Dean Sarvis' win % bumps up around two turns -

Race 7 - #5 MISS VENEZUELA figured out the local bias after her near miss against #1 AFLEET TEE in January. #8 BLACK JACK GIRL has enough zip to steal if that pair hooks up early -

Race 8 - Expensive filly #8 FRENCH BRIDE probably needed her last; it's time to start paying some bills. #3 CAT TEN smells like a Trojan horse -

rrpic6
02-15-2016, 12:18 PM
I'm on board with GIB for many of his picks at MVR today. My longshot pick of the day is Race 3: # Langtanz. If you ignore his poly and turf form, you have a very fast horse on a dirt surface. He won easily at MVR back in November in a NW2L allowance race.

The chalk play of the day is Race 6: #7 Ride This Train. His form is outstanding right now. He has the highest fig here and won't be challenged too hard now with the scratch of #2 Pontual. He should sit behind other speed that might be considered "cheap speed", #3 Aaron Again and #9 Bayou St John. Therefore I suggest using stalker #5 Red Ale underneath. #1 Sneak a Smile and #4 Recondo can clunk up late to fill out tri's and super's.

Spend a buck on Presidents Day and play the Pick 4: 2,9/7/1/8/

Good Luck
RR