PDA

View Full Version : Manning U TN sexual assault

zico20
02-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Has anybody ever heard of this before. He was accused of sexually assaulting a female doctor his freshman year at Tennessee. The article claims it was all swept under the rug. The woman filed a complaint against him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395?cid=bitly

Stillriledup
02-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Was he convicted of something?

Tom
02-13-2016, 05:22 PM
The author of the article should be.

Robert Fischer
02-13-2016, 08:46 PM
If what I fear is true, and Peyton once gave a 'Roman Helmet' to a female trainer and then denied it when she reported it to the sexual assault crisis center, then we should all get a large Papa John's pizza w/ up to 5 toppings for just $9.99.

He's been living a lie and I bought into that lie while he was a pitchman and my idol.

Also have to ask whether this would be true if he were a black man.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2530540.1455368054!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/papa-john-s-super-bowl-xlvi-coin-toss-promo.jpg

:ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Stillriledup
02-13-2016, 09:14 PM
If what I fear is true, and Peyton once gave a 'Roman Helmet' to a female trainer and then denied it when she reported it to the sexual assault crisis center, then we should all get a large Papa John's pizza w/ up to 5 toppings for just $9.99.

He's been living a lie and I bought into that lie while he was a pitchman and my idol.

Also have to ask whether this would be true if he were a black man.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2530540.1455368054!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/papa-john-s-super-bowl-xlvi-coin-toss-promo.jpg

:ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

You think Peyton Manning would have done such a thing?

Robert Fischer
02-13-2016, 09:28 PM
We place these guys on a pedestal, but they are human.

On a serious note, I don't think what he allegedly did should be simply joked away.

These things should be dealt with and treated seriously.

The sensational journalism and the race-baiting on the coat-tails of the Superbowl-winning retirement 13 seasons later is a bit much.

Mandrake
02-13-2016, 09:42 PM
He's too ugly to sexually assault any woman.

Grits
02-13-2016, 10:06 PM
This isn't showing up, again, (though it's long past) at a good time. Part of Peyton's time off, for now, will be dealing with the HGH allegations that are not settled. It's odd that he launched his own investigation, and hired private investigators to visit the home of the pharmacy tech (and his parents) who announced that he shipped HGH to Peyton's home. Wherein, very shortly thereafter, the tech totally recanted his entire story. It seems he made it all up. Why would you conduct your own investigation, when you vehemently state your innocence, having nothing to hide?

The UT professor/Dr. was, if this article is correct, paid off and agreed to never speak of the incident again? She keeps her part of the agreement, while Peyton and his father, Archie--the family patriarch, spoke poorly of her in their book? Why bring it up, if the incident never happened?

This is a generational dynasty. As such, they, like most dynasties, are extremely concerned about their image. They, like most dynasties, may pay any price to keep it intact. Money not only talks, gentlemen, it silences.

As one who thinks a lot of Peyton and Eli Manning, this is unsettling and extremely troubling.

ebcorde
02-13-2016, 10:12 PM
Cosbied
Getting sexually taken advantage of while under the influence of drugs or alcohol

I was really drunk and totally got Cosbied by Frank at 2am.

Grits
02-13-2016, 10:15 PM
He's too ugly to sexually assault any woman.

Yeah, right, and you're Brad Pitt's twin, huh?

Mandrake
02-13-2016, 10:22 PM
And your avatar describes your appearance, right?

Tom
02-13-2016, 10:22 PM
I would wait until this is reported b something other that a Daily News bottom feeder. I wrap the DN in dead fish.

Grits
02-13-2016, 10:32 PM
And your avatar describes your appearance, right?

No. I'm prettier than Rachel.

Mandrake
02-13-2016, 10:33 PM
The petty want the successful to fall, while they allow the truly evil to get away with murder.

Mandrake
02-13-2016, 10:35 PM
Since you can dish out some ball busting, I'm glad you can take it. You are ok in my book.

Grits
02-13-2016, 10:40 PM
Since you can dish out some ball busting, I'm glad you can take it. You are ok in my book.

I'm glad.

DRIVEWAY
02-13-2016, 10:43 PM
This isn't showing up, again, (though it's long past) at a good time. Part of Peyton's time off, for now, will be dealing with the HGH allegations that are not settled. It's odd that he launched his own investigation, and hired private investigators to visit the home of the pharmacy tech (and his parents) who announced that he shipped HGH to Peyton's home. Wherein, very shortly thereafter, the tech totally recanted his entire story. It seems he made it all up. Why would you conduct your own investigation, when you vehemently state your innocence, having nothing to hide?

The UT professor/Dr. was, if this article is correct, paid off and agreed to never speak of the incident again? She keeps her part of the agreement, while Peyton and his father, Archie--the family patriarch, spoke poorly of her in their book? Why bring it up, if the incident never happened?

This is a generational dynasty. As such, they, like most dynasties, are extremely concerned about their image. They, like most dynasties, may pay any price to keep it intact. Money not only talks, gentlemen, it silences.

As one who thinks a lot of Peyton and Eli Manning, this is unsettling and extremely troubling.

Apparently Tennessee gave the Dr. 300K. The football program kept their QB.

It's unlikely that Peyton is innocent.

Mandrake
02-13-2016, 10:48 PM
This is why people like you should never be on juries.

Grits
02-13-2016, 10:51 PM
Apparently Tennessee gave the Dr. 300K. The football program kept their QB.

It's unlikely that Peyton is innocent.

Driveway, if all of this proves true, and we may not ever know, I will be incredibly disappointed in this man. Though, yes, I understand youth, and I understand that humanity is fully capable of lying. So easily, it's frightening.

Lance Armstrong, I thought was lying from day one. Never believed a word that came out of his mouth.

Mandrake
02-13-2016, 11:04 PM
It's ok for a female doctor to give a male a colonoscopy, stick a finger where the sun don't shine, or say cough, however in an examination there was a bare butt. Give me a break.

DRIVEWAY
02-13-2016, 11:10 PM
This is why people like you should never be on juries.

I'm not on a jury. and if I were I'd be forced to vote not guilty even thought my instincts say he's probably not innocent.

He was 20 yrs old and responsible for his actions. He'll never tell the whole truth and the Dr is sworn to silence.

Mandrake
02-13-2016, 11:22 PM
Silence? She seems to be singing like a bird.

Mandrake
02-13-2016, 11:28 PM
I'm assuming all you objective people think Kobe was guilty as well.

Mandrake
02-13-2016, 11:54 PM
If women deserve equal opportunity, which they do, then they deserve to be equal opportunists, which they are.

Robert Fischer
02-14-2016, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't be surprised that if Peyton did do it, that he thought of it as an act of horseplay or tomfoolery, and not as an act of sexual assault.

I don't think that this allegation even if true, makes him out to be a sexual predator.

If true, he did a very very stupid and inappropriate thing, and it does fall under a sexual assault umbrella.

Valuist
02-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Has anybody ever heard of this before. He was accused of sexually assaulting a female doctor his freshman year at Tennessee. The article claims it was all swept under the rug. The woman filed a complaint against him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395?cid=bitly

I have a friend who works at the Indy Star and they heard this stuff years ago. I thought it was all pretty much dismissed.

Why is it being brought up now? Because Shaun King is a huge racist, and will do anything to smear the Caucasian race. Sad, but true. And pathetic.

Mandrake
02-14-2016, 12:22 AM
Kobe and Peyton come from great families, they have made every right move over approx. 20 year careers and they are judged by innuendo. I don't buy any of it.

Robert Fischer
02-14-2016, 12:30 AM
Kobe and Peyton come from great families, they have made every right move over approx. 20 year careers and they are judged by innuendo. I don't buy any of it.

Right, because coming from a 'dynasty' and making successful career moves guarantees gentlemanly sainthood... :rolleyes:

I do agree with you on the innuendo. Not many people will say "I have no idea what happened".

Mandrake
02-14-2016, 12:43 AM
As Sonny said in GFII.

Your country ain't your blood. Remember that.

Rookies
02-14-2016, 06:37 AM
Right out of right field- very disturbing! :ThmbDown:

tucker6
02-14-2016, 07:06 AM
Right out of right field- very disturbing! :ThmbDown:
First of all, I don't give a crap about Peyton Manning or his stardom. At all.

1. This story has been out there for 15 years at least.

2. The article was written by a known Peyton hater

3. The 74 page document was entirely written by the accuser's attorney. It was an advocacy document to the court. Doesn't mean it was the truth.

All that said, I'm sure Peyton did something, but it sounds like the type of prank 20 year olds do occasionally. Doesn't make it right, but I'm not willing to make decisions on a 40 year old based on his juvenile behavior as a 20 year old. Some of the people in this thread need to look up the word 'perspective' and apply it here.

burnsy
02-14-2016, 07:10 AM
I know he pulled a "Cam Newton" after the Colts got beat by New Orleans. He didn't even shake Drew Brees hand. Cam congratulated him after the game last week and Manning pointed out it was a humble exchange. Manning walked off with his head down and never looked back after SB 44. A few sports writers complained but he was given a "pass" by most media.........he isn't black. His excuse? "He wanted to give the Saints "room" to celebrate."

I don't know anything about this story but there's a double standard in the coverage. Belichik verbally "flips off" the media when he's not happy. I saw other coaches give one word answers and say "next question" over and over again.....Peyton storms off like a little kid.........but Cam is a poor sport because he's black.........yeah ok.

None of the good ones like losing, that's the drive that makes them winners.

barahona44
02-14-2016, 09:13 AM
I have a friend who works at the Indy Star and they heard this stuff years ago. I thought it was all pretty much dismissed.

Why is it being brought up now? Because Shaun King is a huge racist, and will do anything to smear the Caucasian race. Sad, but true. And pathetic.
Super Bowl's over.
Spring training is a couple of weeks away.
NBA, NHL, college hoops still in regular season.
The dullest stretch in the sports calendar.

forced89
02-14-2016, 11:09 AM

What he may or may not have done while a Freshman in college unless he was convicted of a felony means absolutely nothing to me. Maybe that is because I did a lot of dumb things at that age!

PaceAdvantage
02-14-2016, 11:25 AM
I believe this woman regarding the sexual assault. It's too goofy to make something like that up, plus we all know that athletes who think they are God's gift to the world believe they can get away with anything and are capable of doing some really stupid stuff.

There's really nothing that can be done about it at this point, all these many years later with all these settlements and confidentiality agreements signed. There are no witnesses. Nobody has come forward to say Manning told them he admitted to doing this to the doctor.

So really, all we have is the ability to try and sully Manning's name, which is fine...I'm sure he deserves at least this...but I doubt it will stick all that much in the end.

Stillriledup
02-14-2016, 12:09 PM
I know he pulled a "Cam Newton" after the Colts got beat by New Orleans. He didn't even shake Drew Brees hand. Cam congratulated him after the game last week and Manning pointed out it was a humble exchange. Manning walked off with his head down and never looked back after SB 44. A few sports writers complained but he was given a "pass" by most media.........he isn't black. His excuse? "He wanted to give the Saints "room" to celebrate."

I don't know anything about this story but there's a double standard in the coverage. Belichik verbally "flips off" the media when he's not happy. I saw other coaches give one word answers and say "next question" over and over again.....Peyton storms off like a little kid.........but Cam is a poor sport because he's black.........yeah ok.

None of the good ones like losing, that's the drive that makes them winners.

Not one person said Cam is a poor sport because he's black.

ebcorde
02-14-2016, 12:19 PM
1. Witness Malcom Saxon
2. She reported it immediately
3. Archie Manning incredible comments made about her

He's an great Athlete and QB, these guys have been getting away with this crap forever. I attended a Div I school for Track for 2 years, I sucked, that's not the point but I got to know quite a few Athletes. Once I was invited to a gangbang. Hell no!
In High School my classmate was such a good soccer player, he was a star on US teams and the NASL. 4 years together in school till 10th grade, he never opened a book! He used my work for all tests. Hence he got a nickname that carried to his pro days.

Track and Field guys were normal, Football, Baseball, Basketball seem to have more than their FAIR (a lot were great guys too) share of bad guys, they've been getting away with stuff their whole life. They got all the breaks at my school, Paid for jobs to do nothing or very little.

You live in a dorm you get to know a few players, Football's a sick mentality. I recall once the head football coach was advertising a spot on the team for a punt long snapper in the school paper. The players were laughing about it. "oh coach just want to see someone get his neck broken You can't go out there and snap without a strong neck".
But I would have loved to play it in college.... if I was 6-7 350.

Robert Fischer
02-14-2016, 01:59 PM
Not one person said Cam is a poor sport because he's black.

There's probably a case to be made for attributing things like 'poor sportsmanship' and 'immaturity' to Cam and not a Belichick or Popovich or Manning... Perception bias.

The media is also a jungle and a circus. It's all ridiculous. Cam Newton wants to capitalize financially on the type of social media production that a Kanye West or a Kim Kardashian capitalize on. You can't dramatize every move you make in the public eye and then be offended when that momentum continues following a bad game.

we've got these biases and we've got these intentional distortions of image and reality (Peyton may not be the great man we believe in - maybe he's just a great football player and a regular guy... Cam may not really be a superhero...)
it is what it is

Valuist
02-14-2016, 02:21 PM
1. Witness Malcom Saxon
2. She reported it immediately
3. Archie Manning incredible comments made about her

He's an great Athlete and QB, these guys have been getting away with this crap forever. I attended a Div I school for Track for 2 years, I sucked, that's not the point but I got to know quite a few Athletes. Once I was invited to a gangbang. Hell no!
In High School my classmate was such a good soccer player, he was a star on US teams and the NASL. 4 years together in school till 10th grade, he never opened a book! He used my work for all tests. Hence he got a nickname that carried to his pro days.

Track and Field guys were normal, Football, Baseball, Basketball seem to have more than their FAIR (a lot were great guys too) share of bad guys, they've been getting away with stuff their whole life. They got all the breaks at my school, Paid for jobs to do nothing or very little.

You live in a dorm you get to know a few players, Football's a sick mentality. I recall once the head football coach was advertising a spot on the team for a punt long snapper in the school paper. The players were laughing about it. "oh coach just want to see someone get his neck broken You can't go out there and snap without a strong neck".
But I would have loved to play it in college.... if I was 6-7 350.

Re: his headline comment about Cosby.

Yeah, 29 women isn't enough. I guess you adhere strictly to the statistics class thesis that sample sizes of less than 30 aren't sufficient. :rolleyes:

ebcorde
02-14-2016, 03:08 PM
Re: his headline comment about Cosby.

Yeah, 29 women isn't enough. I guess you adhere strictly to the statistics class thesis that sample sizes of less than 30 aren't sufficient. :rolleyes:

ha ha NO I simply ask why the DA Castor never got a search warrant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! eyeroll your way out of that!!!!

and those statistics can roll both ways. 50 women waiting years to report. Perfect!!! There's no evidence left, just my word against yours. Drugs? Not one search warrant. You wanna Blame Cosby, he knows how to pick out the dumbest women on the planet. The dumbest rape story I ever heard. "Take these pills, PLEASE!"

NJ Stinks
02-16-2016, 11:51 PM
All that said, I'm sure Peyton did something, but it sounds like the type of prank 20 year olds do occasionally. Doesn't make it right, but I'm not willing to make decisions on a 40 year old based on his juvenile behavior as a 20 year old. Some of the people in this thread need to look up the word 'perspective' and apply it here.

What he may or may not have done while a Freshman in college unless he was convicted of a felony means absolutely nothing to me. Maybe that is because I did a lot of dumb things at that age!

I agree with both of you.

kingfin66
02-17-2016, 12:25 AM
I believe this woman regarding the sexual assault. It's too goofy to make something like that up, plus we all know that athletes who think they are God's gift to the world believe they can get away with anything and are capable of doing some really stupid stuff.

There's really nothing that can be done about it at this point, all these many years later with all these settlements and confidentiality agreements signed. There are no witnesses. Nobody has come forward to say Manning told them he admitted to doing this to the doctor.

So really, all we have is the ability to try and sully Manning's name, which is fine...I'm sure he deserves at least this...but I doubt it will stick all that much in the end.

It is goofy, but it definitely has happened. The Duke LaCrosse case comes immediately to mind.

Mandrake
02-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Some activities which are not strictly erotic, e.g. mooning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooning), streaking (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaking) and skinny dipping (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinny_dipping), are sometimes categorized as sexual misconduct. Let's get rid of the assault depiction. A dumb 19 year old probably didn't even know that a moon shot was such a thing. They wanted women if football, thus the consequences. I wonder how many female trainers were hired after her.

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Some activities which are not strictly erotic, e.g. mooning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooning), streaking (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaking) and skinny dipping (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinny_dipping), are sometimes categorized as sexual misconduct. Let's get rid of the assault depiction. A dumb 19 year old probably didn't even know that a moon shot was such a thing. They wanted women if football, thus the consequences. I wonder how many female trainers were hired after her.Actually, what Maning was accused of doing IS sexual assault. Pretty clear cut actually...

Mandrake
02-17-2016, 01:33 PM
1. The article was written solely from the document the plaintiff's lawyer wrote. Not from the final decree.

2. Why would an article like this start with Cam Newton? The guy's motives are obvious.

3. The writer states that he is a black man although his birth certificate list two white parents.

4. The writer said he was beat up by a bunch of white students because he is black, and they actually threw him out of black lives matters.

5. Funny how the current sexual assault situation at Tennessee wasn't written about? I wonder why.

The guy definitely has an agenda, no objectivity at all. I can't see how it is taken as gospel.

cj
02-17-2016, 01:52 PM
3. The writer states that he is a black man although his birth certificate list two white parents.

This is possible.

Mandrake
02-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Check it out.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/12/13/black-lives-matter-leaders-just-excommunicated-shaun-king/

TJDave
02-17-2016, 02:31 PM
This is possible.

Shaun was the dead giveaway. ;)

tucker6
02-17-2016, 02:46 PM
Actually, what Maning was accused of doing IS sexual assault. Pretty clear cut actually...
in 1995? That's one of the problems I have here. Is he being judged with 20 years of hindsight and were the laws different than now? I don't condone what he may have done, but am against the labeling of people across generations and without facts.

tucker6
02-17-2016, 02:50 PM
This is possible.
but extremely unlikely.

Grits
02-17-2016, 03:17 PM
in 1995? That's one of the problems I have here. Is he being judged with 20 years of hindsight and were the laws different than now? I don't condone what he may have done, but am against the labeling of people across generations and without facts.

One would have to consider the law books--general statues as they pertain to the state of Tennessee in 1995-96. Rewritten for today, possibly, but I'd be surprised if they've been greatly relaxed.

(a) I, though, would not try sitting your genitals and your rectum on any woman's face, not then, or now, and figure it would only be considered...foolishness, shenanigans, inappropriate and all that. In other words, good luck, gentlemen, when you're before the judge. This was sexual assault.

(b) Mandrake, this is not mooning or skinny dipping, sir. Didn't you say you have daughters? Have a star QB sit on your daughter's face and get back with me. Your attitude about women in sports, eg, football, etc. This woman was a doctor. A trainer. Very qualified for her position. One you think she has no right to hold. Yeah, good luck with that kind of ignorance.

.... Keep in mind, the Duke fiasco was the result of a lying hooker/drug addict and a county DA who wanted to make a name for himself. He did so. Incompetence followed him, I believe, to disbarment and bankruptcy.

Mandrake
02-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Yes I do, that's why I wish the story would have been on all the assaults that have been taking place at U. Tenn over the years including recently. Then, when one said I'm interested in going there, I would say no chance. That would be helpful journalism. This is just a black vs. white, how can you be mad at this guy and not at this guy rerun. If it was truly about sexual assault it would be, Manning, Jameis Winston, state of college football, lookout for these universities parents, article.

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Yes I do, that's why I wish the story would have been on all the assaults that have been taking place at U. Tenn over the years including recently. Then, when one said I'm interested in going there, I would say no chance. That would be helpful journalism. This is just a black vs. white, how can you be mad at this guy and not at this guy rerun. If it was truly about sexual assault it would be, Manning, Jameis Winston, state of college football, lookout for these universities parents, article.Who cares about his motives. Did he invent this story, or is there documented evidence that this woman did indeed claim exactly what King wrote that she claimed in his article?

The writer's race, and his motivations for writing are a red herring and mean basically nothing IF this woman actually claimed what he writes that she claims.

And what she claims (if she claimed it, which I believe she did according to the court documents) IS SEXUAL ASSAULT. Both today and back then.

Mandrake
02-17-2016, 04:25 PM
He took a document from a plaintiff's lawyer not taken under oath and wrote a story from it. Was it possibly exaggerated? Was Manning's? They probably both were, but how and by how much, this guy doesn't know, you don't know, I don't know, nobody knows. You ever get picked for a jury? I would be surprised because you seem to have your mind made up before you hear the whole story.

Grits
02-17-2016, 04:35 PM
Yes I do, that's why I wish the story would have been on all the assaults that have been taking place at U. Tenn over the years including recently. Then, when one said I'm interested in going there, I would say no chance. That would be helpful journalism. This is just a black vs. white, how can you be mad at this guy and not at this guy rerun. If it was truly about sexual assault it would be, Manning, Jameis Winston, state of college football, lookout for these universities parents, article.

Mandrake, STFU. God, you're rambling. I don't do anything halfway, and you'll see why, particularly on this subject. ;)

http://web.utk.edu/~scheb/overview.html

I would pay attention, closely, to the section: other sexual offense.

For the sake of full disclosure--to all of you, gentlemen, reading.

At age 17, I was used in a sting operation by detectives, law enforcement teams working together, etc, which resulted in the arrest of the guy who assaulted me. My parents pressed charges, while no families of other girls my age that he had assaulted over a period of several months would come forward. In court, scared out of my mind, but solid, my testimony put him behind bars.

For 12 months, he was remanded to a juvenile detention prison for youthful offenders--for LESS than this. Things got worse when he got out of prison and came to school the next year. I was a senior then. He stalked me there, and followed me to my after school job. Watching me, at night. That's when things really went bad for him. :)

..... I love talking with you guys. But, I was born with guts, plus my parents helped me. And Lord, I love 'em for it. <3

I've always told you, gentlemen, "I don't take any shit."
:lol::lol::lol:

Mandrake
02-17-2016, 04:46 PM
And you put him behind bars. God bless you. And she took the money. And, yes, I know some women might not be as strong as others to face their assaulter or abuser in a court of law. I don't need another scolding.

Grits
02-17-2016, 04:53 PM
And you put him behind bars. God bless you. And she took the money. And, yes, I know some women might not be as strong as others to face their assaulter or abuser in a court of law. I don't need another scolding.

And Mandrake, she should've never, ever, have taken the money. NO WAY. The Mannings, Archie and Peyton should've been made to keep their mouth shut....in their book. Just as she has. THIS I really have no respect for. It concerns me a great deal--the old man really spoke horribly of this woman. :(

DRIVEWAY
02-17-2016, 04:55 PM
Mandrake, STFU. God, you're rambling. I don't do anything halfway, and you'll see why, particularly on this subject. ;)

http://web.utk.edu/~scheb/overview.html

I would pay attention, closely, to the section: other sexual offense.

For the sake of full disclosure--to all of you, gentlemen, reading.

At age 17, I was used in a sting operation by detectives, law enforcement teams working together, etc, which resulted in the arrest of the guy who assaulted me. My parents pressed charges, while no families of other girls my age that he had assaulted over a period of several months would come forward. In court, scared out of my mind, but solid, my testimony put him behind bars.

For 12 months, he was remanded to a juvenile detention prison for youthful offenders--for LESS than this. Things got worse when he got out of prison and came to school the next year. I was a senior then. He stalked me there, and followed me to my after school job. Watching me, at night. That's when things really went bad for him. :)

..... I love talking with you guys. But, I was born with guts, plus my parents helped me. And Lord, I love 'em for it. <3

I've always told you, gentlemen, "I don't take any shit."
:lol::lol::lol:

Here's hoping your OK and these memories aren't haunting you.

God Bless.

Mandrake
02-17-2016, 05:03 PM
I agree, once you lose your self respect, then you have lost it all. Unfortunately, when one takes the money, the judgements tend to go that way. But it is never really that simple.

Grits
02-17-2016, 05:14 PM
Here's hoping your OK and these memories aren't haunting you.

God Bless.

Driveway, thank you, I'm fine today. This was long ago....and he's long gone. But I do know that what Peyton allegedly did is classified as sexual assault. It doesn't pass as a prank, or "well, boys will be boys." This kind of thing wasn't tolerated, then, nor is it today. Not when it is reported, and one is willing to speak up. Universities are all over their athletic programs, today, and rightfully so.

tucker6
02-17-2016, 05:55 PM
And Mandrake, she should've never, ever, have taken the money. NO WAY. The Mannings, Archie and Peyton should've been made to keep their mouth shut....in their book. Just as she has. THIS I really have no respect for. It concerns me a great deal--the old man really spoke horribly of this woman. :(
I've never had a high opinion of Archie. He seems vindictive and self serving in many of the actions involving his boys.

tucker6
02-17-2016, 05:59 PM
I agree, once you lose your self respect, then you have lost it all. Unfortunately, when one takes the money, the judgements tend to go that way. But it is never really that simple.
I thought of this exact thing the other day. She had the opportunity to go to the police press charges, and she did not. She had the opportunity to ask for money in a civil proceeding, and she did so. Like I said, I think Peyton did something, but if you want to stop the next person from doing this, you have to do it criminally as well as civilly.

zico20
03-02-2016, 10:02 PM
A witness came forward and said Manning did nothing wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/witness-comes-forward-contradicting-sexual-200300608.html

tucker6
03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
A witness came forward and said Manning did nothing wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/witness-comes-forward-contradicting-sexual-200300608.html
#1 - It sounds fishy that it takes 20 years for his college roommate to come forward in defense of Peyton.
#2 - I do not find it believable that Paxon wrote Peyton a LETTER years later giving his opinion of the matter without some inducement to do so. Do people write letters anymore except as proof in a legal/contractual matter?? Also sounds fishy to me.

She has named over 30 people over the years as sexually harassing her. That has a certain stench to it as well.