PDA

View Full Version : Bridgejump in the 3rd at Aqueducr

Kash$
02-11-2016, 02:01 PM
J.Ortiz off the board at 2-5 in 5 horse field.Emd text me right before the race he called it..

EMD4ME
02-11-2016, 02:13 PM
J.Ortiz off the board at 2-5 in 5 horse field.Emd text me right before the race he called it..

That was the usual No Way Ortiz ride and I hate to say it but anyone could see it from a mile away.

Knew he would break well, knew he would never ask his horse to use it's best asset (speed). Knew he'd sit second for too long. Knew he'd ask and get nothing.

Usual No Way BS. At least if he got the lead (even if he spent too much energy) and lost, you could say he gave his horse the best shot to win but with his normal curious way of riding, how could you say he did?

If we actually hide real interviews in our game, we know what his answer would be. 'I was stalking well and when I asked she had little. It happens'.

Now before anyone attacks me, saying you bet chalk, lost and are bitter...

My response is: I bet pick 4's and pick 5's to the 156 in the race. I am HAPPY No Way rode the way he did.

no breathalyzer
02-11-2016, 02:15 PM
that was sweet! I loaded up as well :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: .. I was going to be nice and share but i couldn't find the bridge jumper thread in the search

no breathalyzer
02-11-2016, 02:25 PM
holly shit what a day!!! now it was finialy Persward time.. i cant remember the last time he didn't use a d league jockey

AlBundy33
02-11-2016, 02:47 PM
Not surprising since it was The Human Anchor. I'm amazed how he hits at a 25% rate, although the colony at the inner is weak at best.

classhandicapper
02-11-2016, 04:33 PM
IMO, that was not a bad ride by Ortiz.

Congarette was on the rail, had showed some speed in her races, and was asked out of the gate. So it's no shock she went to the lead. Ortiz came out OK, looked over to see what was going on inside of him a couple of times, and chose not to go all out for the lead in a duel. I see nothing wrong with that. If I had bet his horse that's what I would have wanted him to do. Given that they opened up a ton of ground on the field in the early and middle part of the race, they probably were not crawling as it was.

Adrestia had one lifetime race where she ran similarly and performed well. There was no reason to believe she needed the lead. It's hard to tell off one race anyway. People were probably expecting her to move forward in her second start for Hushion, but she did not.

Stillriledup
02-11-2016, 04:58 PM
I looked at this race briefly last night and thought 'how is this horse 3-5 ML'

4 yo Firster w slow Beyer of 50 is some kind of sure thing?

Maybe the game isn't that hard after all. :D

mannyberrios
02-11-2016, 05:32 PM

Congarette was on the rail, had showed some speed in her races, and was asked out of the gate. So it's no shock she went to the lead. Ortiz came out OK, looked over to see what was going on inside of him a couple of times, and chose not to go all out for the lead in a duel. I see nothing wrong with that. If I had bet his horse that's what I would have wanted him to do. Given that they opened up a ton of ground on the field in the early and middle part of the race, they probably were not crawling as it was.

Adrestia had one lifetime race where she ran similarly and performed well. There was no reason to believe she needed the lead. It's hard to tell off one race anyway. People were probably expecting her to move forward in her second start for Hushion, but she did not.
That's the way I see it

EMD4ME
02-11-2016, 07:24 PM

Well, indirectly, that's my point. Unless this horse improves big time in the second career start, it's a huge underlay.

Factor in the tendencies of the rider, you have a huge play against on your hands.

I, personally believe the horse needed the lead, thought she wouldn't get it and would lose.

I say that off of visual assesments and because there was a fellow 2nd time starter (from the Hushion barn) who exhibited the same pattern who won 2nd time out recently but was a need the leader in my humble opinion.

Either way, we all agree, an easy bet against.

lamboguy
02-11-2016, 07:38 PM
when they had the scratch there was only $70,000 on the horse to show, then the other $90,000 came in because it was only a 5 horse field. Hushion's horse came out of the worst msw race i have ever seen in New York. i know these guys all hedge, but this one wasn't even close to warrant a bridge jump.

Stillriledup
02-11-2016, 08:18 PM
when they had the scratch there was only $70,000 on the horse to show, then the other $90,000 came in because it was only a 5 horse field. Hushion's horse came out of the worst msw race i have ever seen in New York. i know these guys all hedge, but this one wasn't even close to warrant a bridge jump.

I wonder if the horse was by an obscure sire if it would have taken that kind of money? Also I think the show bettors got lazy and just figured 3-5 was legit. Great job by ML guy I would have made this horse 5/2

EMD4ME
02-11-2016, 08:24 PM
I think the horse being a trips and traps horse, might've jaded/tainted/persuaded eric's (or whoever did the line today) mind to push the line lower.

Plus 2nd time Hushion is a big angle.

What I'd like to know but never will know is....

Who was able to place an extra $90,000 into their account or teller window AFTER the 4 was scratched?

Or were they planning to bet to show anyway and bet late?

lamboguy
02-11-2016, 08:28 PM
I wonder if the horse was by an obscure sire if it would have taken that kind of money? Also I think the show bettors got lazy and just figured 3-5 was legit. Great job by ML guy I would have made this horse 5/2none of that, the horse got beat in her first race by a decent horse, but the horses behind her were pretty bad. in other words she beat nothing. i am going to bet against horses that ran in bad races every day and twice on thursdays. today's race was actually a little worse than her first one. to top it off, the race she came out of with slow as hell.

EMD4ME
02-11-2016, 08:32 PM
none of that, the horse got beat in her first race by a decent horse, but the horses behind her were pretty bad. in other words she beat nothing. i am going to bet against horses that ran in bad races every day and twice on thursdays. today's race was actually a little worse than her first one. to top it off, the race she came out of with slow as hell.

It was. Their 23 2/5 47 113 was the slowest race of the day BY FAR. For christ sake, their was a 44 4/5 and 102 4/5 2 races later.

Also, Statebred MDCL 25 went 23 1 463 111 3/5 !!!!!!!!!!!! 8 lengths faster.

You made a great point. The legendary and one of a kind......wait for it.................................

Rice and Beans was a clear 3rd in the race that this bridge jump horse came out of :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was a pathetic race she came out of.

SuperPickle
02-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Again a very weird race. The second choice got left at the start. That essentially made it a four horse field. Then Ortiz did something bonkers. Rather than duel with the rail horse (there's literally only two horshe strangled the 5 into submission. Obviously something went wrong with the horse after that point. She practically eased

I agree she was massively over bet but considering it became a four horse field when the gate opened its insane that she couldn't finish fourth at 2-5.

Anybody want to book she comes back in the spring and airs against a better field?