PDA

View Full Version : CCleaner

_______
02-10-2016, 04:12 PM
I know it's bad form to rant about a free program. They do a fine job clearing room on my hard drive and cleaning up the registry.

But there has to be a better marketing solution for their desire to get me on the paid version than the daily reminders about yet another update.

Updating which requires some attention to detail to avoid being directed into the paid version.

I've just gotten used to the fact that no matter how often I do update, a new version will be here the next day. Which only encourages me to avoid all updates.

I have to admit that a day where this is my major complaint has been a pretty good day. But it's an era of entitlement and I wanted to join the line of self involved narcissists with complaints.

Please feel free to agree with me or feel my wrath.

headhawg
02-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Certain programs I don't let update automatically. I turn that option off; saves some resources. I visit the site at the link to learn about updates and then do it manually. TweakGuides (http://www.tweakguides.com/)

NorCalGreg
02-11-2016, 01:14 AM
"But it's an era of entitlement and I wanted to join the line of self involved narcissists with complaints".

Welcome to the club---now get back in line.

Augenj
02-11-2016, 04:32 AM
Have you tried turning off the update messages?

Go to Options, Settings, and then uncheck "Automatically check for updates to CCleaner".

Saratoga_Mike
02-11-2016, 06:38 AM

Go to Options, Settings, and then uncheck "Automatically check for updates to CCleaner".

My tech firm installed this on our PCs a few years ago, and I never receive messages. I assume it's b/c we were set up as you suggest.

_______
02-11-2016, 11:33 AM

That was easy. Thank you.

Augenj
02-11-2016, 11:42 AM
That was easy. Thank you.
We all learn from each other when it comes to computers. (and horse racing) :ThmbUp: