PDA

View Full Version : MVR 2-10-16

gib
02-10-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm late the party today but wanted to keep this thread alive after yesterday's interesting discussion.

Local and live racing obviously leaves me biased.

However, I've found Mahoning Valley Race Course a challenging and worthwhile place for daily play. They go out of their way to provide handicapping insights to new and veteran players - announcer John McGarry's pre-race analysis (available online) is more in depth and straight forward than most. When the track "hot-sheet" tout, Ron Ruchtie, aka. The Postman, checks in here, his stuff is "live." Ron is an astute handicapper.

Some unusual situations, most notably "gelding-gate," have been dealt with promptly and decisively. I write them off as growing pains. Gamble there with as much confidence as you would have at any other race track.

The biggest eye opener is the extremely slow times. The run up time at six furlongs is zero and the track is usually very deep. It is hard to compare times day to day or track to track. It is winter racing for lower level stock and the track seems to be safe for them. I like that. Enough of my BS. Let's go to the races -

This is my first glance at today's card.

Ramblings are not always wagers.

Race 1 - #6 MOZZAFIATO has paid her dues at this level; got tangled in traffic last time. #1 DIXIE BREW has to contend with open company and a sticky rail. Tampa invader #3 LIL ESCAPE ARTIST may take first run which could be a challenge against these; competition in Florida demands respect.

lamboguy
02-10-2016, 01:26 PM
race 4 #3 ABRA

gib
02-10-2016, 02:11 PM
race 4 #3 ABRA
Nice call!

lamboguy
02-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Nice call!i lost the first 3 weeks of this meet and stuck with the place. its now my favorite track because you get awesome tickets there. its better than betting on Gulfstream and watching Pletcher beat your brains in with over bet horses.