PDA

View Full Version : Some Churchill value - 6/23

bettheoverlay
06-22-2004, 08:17 PM
Race 4 - Some good 2yo prospects. Only #5 More Than Wild has started and he may be odds on again after the 2 close finishes in the slop. Amoss and Lukas have good looking firsters that will probably be bet. I'll go with #7 Silver Pistol, who may be overlooked, trained by Pat Byrne who has an excellent record with MSW firsters. The workouts are good if not spectacular and we may get even higher than the 8/1 ML.

Race 5 - #4 Life Savior (5/1) was second in his last two, returns to a distance he has won at and appears to be on the improve. If he can come close to that big win at KEE last year, it may be his turn.

Race 7 - One Lucky Storm (10-1) hasn't raced on turf but he should love it. Has improved since joining Habeeb barn two back with a big win in the slop. Not a whole lot to beat here if he takes to the sod.

Race 10 - My buddy swears by betting PDay when he sticks around for the last race at CD, believing that only a sure winner will keep him from being late to his nightly Bible study. He's on #5 Ship's Captain (7-2) coming off 3 turf races with increasingly poor form. The previous dirt races are pretty good, he's dropping in class for one of Days main men, Dale Romans, and if we get 3-1 or so, I'm pressing the Buy button.