PDA

View Full Version : Fair Grounds Race 4 Sunday 2/7

cnollfan
02-08-2016, 11:42 AM
What happened to Fair Grounds Race 4 Sunday 2/7?

Ocala Mike
02-08-2016, 12:15 PM
It was declared no contest due to a starting gate malfunction.

cnollfan
02-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Thanks!

raybo
02-08-2016, 01:05 PM
I didn't play FG yesterday but can't get the results files from HDW yet. I looked to see if it cancelled and saw that it wasn't, but there were some weird looking winners and payouts on that card. Just wondering what was going on there yesterday. Since HDW hasn't released the results files, there is obviously something wrong with the data from Equibase, at least that is usually the problem when files are delayed this much. HDW vets the data they receive from Equibase pretty thoroughly and if things don't look right they will not release those files until they get answers and are satisfied with the data.

SuperPickle
02-08-2016, 05:08 PM
So I bet the race and just realized I got my money back.

It was an incredibly oddly run race. I believe it was a field of 8. The rail horse broke through the gate a split second after the start and was held by the starter. The favorite bolted and was pulled up. And two other horses were also pulled up at the top of the stretch.

I believe half the field DNF.

The replay is worth watching.

Baron Star Gregg
02-09-2016, 02:32 AM
Watch this:
http://www.fairgroundsracecourse.com/racing-wagering/toteboard/2016-02-07/4
Words just can't convey the weirdness. Keep an eye on the :2: and :4: at the start, the :3: in the clubhouse turn, and the :3: and :8: in the far turn.