PDA

View Full Version : Time To Step Up To The Plate

CryingForTheHorses
06-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Very sad day for koreans,Was listening to my favorite radio guy Schintt Happens,Time for korea to send 30,000 troops instead of 3,000,Was looking at a list of troops from other countrys..Its a joke!!....Im also ashamed CANADA hasnt sent any troops,Guess thats the french goverment and the bipartisanism they have there,Big load of BS if you ask me.USA has 120,000 troops...England had 30,000 ..What a joke that is!!!,Dont understand these european countries that are getting bombed,People blowing themsselves up, DONT UNDERSTAND why the USA is staying there??. would love to see them koreans get real mad..Hell dont they have a army in the thousands? Its time the USA got some more help.What is wrong? Why no more help..Does every country have tohave a guy beheaded..I just dont understand

Suff
06-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
Very sad day for koreans,Was listening to my favorite radio guy Schintt Happens,Time for korea to send 30,000 troops instead of 3,000,Was looking at a list of troops from other countrys..Its a joke!!....Im also ashamed CANADA hasnt sent any troops,Guess thats the french goverment and the bipartisanism they have there,Big load of dont understand

Canada sent troops and has troops in Afghanistan. They didn't agree with the iraqi invasion and like many others refused to send in troops. But they have made vital contributions and sacrifices in Afghanistan.

Secretariat
06-22-2004, 07:10 PM
I sympathize with the family of that man.

But stepping back and looking at this logically...Where should those South Korean troops be sent?

Should those troops be sent to Saudi Arabia where the Johnson beheading occurred? or Pakistan where Daniel Pearl was beheaded? or to Afghanistan where Bin Laden is supposedly hiding? or to Iran where Omar is supposedly hiding? I believe Al Quaeda is probably present in all those countries as well as Syria and the Sudan and numerous other countries...

The next couple months are important in relation to our allies, because Australia is in a tough political struggle and may pull a Spain and pull out of the coalition if Labor wins over there. They are running neck and neck with the current party, but elections may be in August and the labor canddate has also vowed to pull troops out of Iraq. We'll see.

Powell has just reported that despite our efforts terrorism is now up worldwide since 2001 and 2002 and 2003. In other words we seem to be going backwards. Americans feel safer because an major event has not yet occurred here, but the rest of the world apparently isn't reaping that benefit.

Suff
06-22-2004, 07:30 PM
hey we're safer right? They can' get OBL... But they sure as hell are going through my bags on the Subway.

I think thats what I'll tell them next time. Osama aint in my Lunch bag,,, go look somewhere else.

Natzi's

Tom
06-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Yeah, but the animals will be brought to justice. Bush said so. :mad:

BTW, wherre is the UN?
Oh, that's right, they are busy right now. Koffi, or whatever that idio'ts name is just discovered that there is anti-sematism in Europe and the UN should pass a resolution about it! What a moron this bottom feeder is!

So who is responsible for these atrocities? Well, on All-jibeerish TV, the CLOWN prince of SA says, in arabic, that it is mostly zionists. So we should attack Israel, becasue saudi's don't lie,now do they, W?

When they start snatching tourists in Paris or Rome and doiing this, will THAT be enought for W to do someting other than his obligitory chest pounding and no action?
Not!

BTW, a big tip o' the hat and a flip o'the bird to those spnielss cowards in Spain who have undoubtedly fuled this new wave of beheadings by telling the animals that they can win through intimidatian.

:mad:

schweitz
06-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat

Powell has just reported that despite our efforts terrorism is now up worldwide since 2001 and 2002 and 2003. In other words we seem to be going backwards. Americans feel safer because an major event has not yet occurred here, but the rest of the world apparently isn't reaping that benefit.

Yep, we went from 198 incidents 2002 to 208 incidents in 2003. Incidents in Iraq against civilians and foreign workers were counted. Report I read didn't have a country breakdown but I am guessing that there were more than 10 incidents in Iraq in 2003. Not trying to downplay the incidents--still too many.

Tom
06-22-2004, 08:52 PM
The number of incidents was not a big increase, but the nnumber of casualties was. Bush keeps calling the outbreaks of violence in Iraq the wrok of terrorists, so he is going to have to live by that across the board.
The thing that really disturbs me is that the first report got as far as it did, with so many errors. Is this a repeat of the intelligence accurracy pre-9-11-01?
I must say, Powell looked like a buffon trying to explain that. For the governement to be so wrong is unacceptable. this is incompetence at best, lies at worst. So far, we have documented (video) evidence that Bush, Rummy, and Chenny have all lied to the American public. Is Powell next?
I supported impeachment of Clinton for lying, I have to be consistent and I support impeachment of all the liars I mentioned above. (Can you impeach other than the President? Not sure).
Whatever, I said Clinton had no credibility because he was a proven liar. So now CLinton, Rummy, and Chenney have no credibility with me. I believe not one thing any of them say anymore. And Powell, is he stupid and honest, smart and dishonest, or just a stooge? Dunno.

Secretariat
06-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Tom
BTW, wherre is the UN?

I thought Bush said screw the UN. Oh wait a minute he changed his mind on that. No, he changed his mind again, he wants them to negotiate...No, actually he decided to go with the Iraqi Council's suggestion rather than the UN envoy negotiator...wait, or was that Chalabi...what a mess...and what a flip flopper...

Tom
06-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Beheadings in Saudi Arabia have nothing to do with what happens in Iraq. I repeat...WHERE IS THE UN?
Are they preventing genocide inthe Sudan?
Nooooo.
Are they dealing with Iran's nuclear program?
Noooooo.
Are they helping search for Bin Laden?
Nooooo.

OK, I give up.
WHERE IS THE UN???????

Secretariat
06-22-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Beheadings in Saudi Arabia have nothing to do with what happens in Iraq. I repeat...WHERE IS THE UN?
Are they preventing genocide inthe Sudan?
Nooooo.
Are they dealing with Iran's nuclear program?
Noooooo.
Are they helping search for Bin Laden?
Nooooo.

OK, I give up.
WHERE IS THE UN???????

Maybe Bush can check under his desk like he did for the WMD's for them. Wake up Tom. THe UN is a collection of nations. They are not a military force. When one acts unilaterlally as Bush does what can the UN do?

Tom
06-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Maybe Bush can check under his desk like he did for the WMD's for them. Wake up Tom. THe UN is a collection of nations. They are not a military force. When one acts unilaterlally as Bush does what can the UN do?
What the hell is your comprehension problem????
BUSH has absolutely nothing to do with the UN failing to act on the beheadings in Saudi Arabai. You are the lemming-you cannot looka at damn thing without blaming it on Bush. And your reply is pure BS-the UN was the coalitoini the put on the Gulf WQar, remeber? It was NOT the US doing it alone (although it would have failed without us).
Sec, you gotta get help. You have lost the ability to use logivc, comon sense, to think.
None of the things I posted about the UN have a thing to do with Bush. You wer the only one I had hope for, but alas, you are not capable of inteligent conversation either. With Amazin gone and Ljb reduce to part time troll status, and Hcap just plainly to boring ro read anymore, your short comings are now standing out.

It hurts so when they go bad......you try and try, and they just go bad. *sigh*

Secretariat
06-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Tom, Tom, Tom....cool down fella....I am not your enemy....

Kofi Annan has condemned those acts. He's tried to broker peace in the Sudan. It's tough...In fact we live in a world now where diplomacy is in short supply. Someone here asked for one instance where diplomacy has worked. It happens every day it just doesn't make the news, violence does. The Iranian Hostage crisis diplomacy lead to not one American Hostage being killed. That was a great day in diplomacy whoever you want to give the credit to.

The UN is a collection of nations and whether you like it or not the United States is the most powerful member of that body. It is not a military power but a gathering place for nations to attempt to communicate and work out problems. If nations cannot get along, do't blame it on the institution of the UN, blame it on the nations. Papa Bush worked hard for a Gulf War coalition and frankly it is one of his shining moments as a President. His son directly refuted his own Papa's advice and went it pretty much alone. Now we're seeing the fall out, American troops dead, and the american taxpayer bearing the brunt.

You seem to think the UN is some magical superpower that can solve the world's problems. No, it is a collection of nations, a meeting place. Re-read their preamble and ponder:

WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS DETERMINED

to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and

to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and

to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and

to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,

AND FOR THESE ENDS

to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbours, and

to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, and

to ensure, by the acceptance of principles and the institution of methods, that armed force shall not be used, save in the common interest, and

to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples,

HAVE RESOLVED TO COMBINE OUR EFFORTS TO ACCOMPLISH THESE AIMS

Accordingly, our respective Governments, through representatives assembled in the city of San Francisco, who have exhibited their full powers found to be in good and due form, have agreed to the present Charter of the United Nations and do hereby establish an international organization to be known as the United Nations

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2004, 12:29 AM
UN isn't a military power? I guess all those helmets and vests and tanks with the UN logo on it are for show, right?

JustRalph
06-23-2004, 12:36 AM
Sec

You have sunk to a new low. you are defending Koffi Annan..........
you talk about how tough it is to broker peace in the Sudan. You say this in defense of the U.N. yet you can only criticize President Bush for his efforts to broker peace in Iraq. you give Koffi and the boys a break. But when it comes to Bush You call him a stooge etc. But when it is Koffi-Friggin-Annan the Corrupt Oil Baron of Iraq's 0il for Food program,,,,,,,,,you defend him..........Amazing!

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2004, 12:48 AM
And they call us lost.....

doophus
06-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Superbly stated, JR. Thanks.

My $$$ say that no response is forthcoming from the "far-side."

Secretariat
06-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Sec

you talk about how tough it is to broker peace in the Sudan. You say this in defense of the U.N. yet you can only criticize President Bush for his efforts to broker peace in Iraq.

First of all nations vote on UN decisions, Annan is a figure head. As to Bush trying to broker peace in Iraq..you are kidding right? I don't consider giving other nations an "ultimatum" - "you're eiher with us or against us" as doing anytihng to broker peace. He basically alientated those coutnries from round one. He said this is what we're gona do, and you better join up for the ride or you won't benefit from the post-war in terms of contracts. That bascially is extortion, not brokering the peace. Not exactly a wayto build good will and a coalition. And the UN force is a collection of nation troops, they are a peace keeping force, not a force for invasion of a nation. Reread the Preamble of their purpose. You guys act as if they have their own country and military power. The UN is a gathering place for nations to talk. The attempt is to "unite" nations, not to make ultimatums to other nations. THeir avenue always has been diplomacy with war as a last resort, and a true coalition of nations. You guys show by your coments you have no idea of the UN's actual function, but beleive they are there to rubbserstamp bad policy of the US. Reread the Preamble.

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Good will was thrown out the window along with a bunch of innocent lives on September 11, 2001.

ljb
06-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Sec,
Keep up the good work. You may want to eliminate logic with these rightys, they still think Iraq has wmds and there were ties between Saddam and al queda. Oh by the way I just heard a one way bus ticket from D.C. to Texas is $127.00 maybe we should take up a collection for Dubya. :D

Tom
06-23-2004, 12:56 PM
JR, when I read Sec's reply to me, I thinkg I coughed up my liver lauging so hard. I am sure I cracked a rib. Got to got get a second job so I can afford to get some health care insurance.
hehehehehehe
The air must be thin out there on the left coast......brain activity short circuiting or something.
Give them enough posts and their REAL agenda always come out in the end. Sec had me fooled for a while. Just another horseman.
*ow*

Secretariat
06-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Good will was thrown out the window along with a bunch of innocent lives on September 11, 2001.

Let's hope that good will is never thrown out.

ljb
06-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Careful Sec,
Let's hope that good will is never thrown out.
Lefty is on a rampage and may take your statement, chop it up, paraphrase it to mean something totally different and then want to argue with you about what you said.

ljb
06-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Tom,
You may want to have your liver checked out, Pat Summerall had to have his replaced. ;)

Lefty
06-23-2004, 03:46 PM
lbj, trying to attack me when you think i'm not looking?
sec, you said that Bush said screw the U.N. Seems to me he went to the U.N. from the git go and they said screw the U.S.

ljb
06-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Lefty,
Get real! If i was trying to attack you behind your back I would use pm or email.

Secretariat
06-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
sec, you said that Bush said screw the U.N. Seems to me he went to the U.N. from the git go and they said screw the U.S.

Lefty,

You need to read what the Diplomats and Military Commanders for Change have to say. One of the signatories was Reagan's Joint Chief of Staff - Admiral Crowe. It's a bipartisan group that has had enough of this dangerous man in office and who thinks he is there because God appointed him, not the Supreme Court.

http://www.diplomatsforchange.com/index.html

As to Bush wanting to go to the UN from the git-goo...un oh..a little revisionist history - Powell wanted to go to the UN. If you remember Clarke testified immediately after 911 that he wanted to go after Iraq. Truth is Cheyney and Wolfowitz have wanted to go after Iraq since before the 2000 election. Read up on PNAC.

ljb
06-23-2004, 03:55 PM
Sec,
Excellent post.
Lefty,
If you want me to explain it to you send me a pm. I wont tell a soul .:)

Lefty
06-23-2004, 04:08 PM
lbj, better yet, meet me in Vegas.

Lefty
06-23-2004, 04:16 PM
sec, prob is, Clarke has been proven a liar. And as far as Bush thinking God appointed him well that's you libs' opinion and not close to fact.

JustRalph
06-23-2004, 04:43 PM
First of all nations vote on UN decisions, Annan is a figure head.

Are you just uninformed or are you ignoring the news. Koffi's family has profited in the millions from the Oil for Food program. It was news a while back. In fact one of his sons is "missing" and can't be found suddenly..........he is too busy to be contacted for the oil for food investigation...............he is also the one who has the big dollars...............from the Oil for food program..........coincidence huh?

try this excerpt:

Why would the U.N. delegate total, unsupervised authority to run the program to Saddam? Perhaps because Iraq and the other nations whose companies were participating in the scam didn't want appropriate procedures and controls applied to their ventures. Teresa Raphael, the editorial page editor of The Wall Street Journal Europe, has seen a spreadsheet listing the companies Saddam had approved for oil purchases. It included 11 French middleman concerns, (150 million barrels sold to them), 14 companies in Syria (120 million) and dozens of Russian firms (more than a billion barrels), the president of Indonesia, the Palestine Liberation Organization, "the director of the Russian president's office" and former French foreign minister Charles Pasqua

The full article:
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:-i0o9BT67GwJ:www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pdupont/%3Fid%3D110004968+kofi+annan+oil+for+food&hl=en

Tom
06-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Tom,
You may want to have your liver checked out, Pat Summerall had to have his replaced. ;)
Ljb,
You may want to get out from under my bridge. I might pee over the side.:eek:

ljb
06-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Tom,
Glad to hear your uninary tract is still functioning. Must be a low bridge.