PDA

View Full Version : War Room

Rexdale You
01-25-2002, 10:39 PM
Regarding the War Room P.A.,,,,Let me suggest you change the name to Verbal Exchange Room,,,,,Or some non threatening title,,,,Maybe have a poll,,,,What do you think,,,,Sincerely,,,,Rex You,,,,;) ;) ;)

Observer
01-25-2002, 10:50 PM
How about adding at least two more options to this poll:

-No Change
-Other

ranchwest
01-25-2002, 11:18 PM
I took "war room" to mean a place to discuss strategy. That's what it means in war and football. But, if it connotes confrontation, I'd go along with a change.

andicap
01-26-2002, 09:38 AM
Does anyone ever go in there anymore?

JimG
01-26-2002, 10:06 AM
Haven't been in the war room in a long long time. I would think a pre-planned time to discuss current races being run would be a good use of the room.

To that end, if PA wanted to re-name it I would call it:

RaceBook Chat

Now that I am playing online I miss the racebook chat from the OTB. Although I don't miss the food, smoke, etc.

Thoughts??

Jim

Whitehos
01-26-2002, 11:35 AM
My dog died, my wife divorced me , the kids won't call and the War Room has been empty for over a year.
I miss the War Room
It is no longer Friday night without it. And as some of you know I used to make money from it.
Funny to find this post today, because I was going to post an "ORDER TO REPORT TO THE WAR ROOM" yesterday to see if I could attract anyone but somehow got involved in capping and napping and forgot to do it.
HEY: MELMAN< QUE< PA< OBSERVER< and all the rest of you former WAR ROOM creatures, How 'bout next Friday night?
Whitehos

melman
01-26-2002, 12:09 PM
Whitehos, I was in the War Room last night for quite a while. No one showed up. Will look for you soon. Remember I owe you for pointing out this Pace Advantage Web site to me. How do you like the Windows Media Player now on PhonebetTV?? I think it is an improvement. Hope to "see" you soon.

Whitehos
01-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Melman,
Windows Media is almost TV quality. I owe you for that one.

The same thing happens to me when I go into the WAR ROOM. Thought I was paranoid. Then I found out no one likes me. I have to tell jokes because I can't pick winners.
Look for you and anyone else I can hook next Friday.
Miss You
Whitehos

Que
01-26-2002, 12:40 PM
I keep trying to make the war room, but the last few weeks or so I've always had family "business"--e.g. took the kids to the theater (Aida) last week, and "had" to take the wife to new Richard Gere movie (Mothman Prophecies) last night. I will also be away on business for the next six months starting tomorrow, so I'm not sure I can make the war room too much in the near future either, but I will try (although maybe I can make it there more often--i.e. I'll have a lot less "honey dos" to take care of when I'm on the road). I also just bought myself a nice laptop to take with me, so I can stay in touch with the forum; but it's going to take an adjustment going from cable back to dial-up. I do look forward to some more casual/informative chats, not to mention the real-time race analysis, in the war room.

P.S. Whitehos, I hope you were just expressing some dark humor, otherwise I guess I should be thankful I've been so busy of late.

warm regards,

Que.

Observer
01-26-2002, 12:57 PM
I guess we just seem to be missing each other. There have been days where I've checked in and left the window open while doing other things .. and I haven't been able to meet up with anyone.

Hey, PA .. maybe on the home page, you could move the War Room box up a little .. the one that shows who's in .. so it's more "in your face" and we'll all be able to see if people are hanging out in there. Now, we just all have to start hanging out in there on a regular basis again. And maybe get some "new faces" involved.

melman
01-26-2002, 01:14 PM
Hey Observer what "new faces" do you need when you have me in the War Room?? After all I have been told I have a great face for the Internet (without a viewer) and radio. lol

Observer
01-26-2002, 01:18 PM
I can always count on you for a smile, mel!
:D

Whitehos
01-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Que, I was trying to be funny.
Observer did you do it to that guy yet?

Whitehos

anotherdave
01-26-2002, 01:35 PM
I've never participated in the War Room. It sounds like it could be interesting. Can someone tell me a little bit about what goes on there, when it is usually on and for what length of time does it last (like just 1 hour or what)?

Thanks

melman
01-26-2002, 02:11 PM
No time limit come and go as you want. We talk about today's races or upcoming races. Except when Obs is in the room then we try and be nice. lol

Whitehos
01-26-2002, 11:32 PM
Anotherdave,
To answer your question: Everyone probably has a different agenda. I listened to top handicappers talk about their pics. These guys would only bet to win and only then if the odds were right for them. I WOULD SNEEK OFF AND BET THEIR PICS TO PLACE AND SHOW( many of them ran second) AND CLEAN UP BIG TIME.
Met some real great people who taught this old man to use a computer and even type.
Comon in
Whitehos
PS> If you saw my earlier post to Observer the greatest knowledge of racing on the internet, if not the world, and can use our language as it was intended, and whom I am jealous of her boyfriend.

Rexdale You
01-26-2002, 11:48 PM
Hey Observer,,,,I have no problem with your suggestion to add a couple of other choices,,,,,The idea was maybe a name change would be less confrontational,,,,Some of the visitors may be a little nervous about getting shot down by serious punters,,,, So it is O.K. by me if the Administrators add a few more name suggestions,,,,i.e." The Paddock Lounge ",,,,Maybe a name change will attract a few more participants,,,,Rex You,,,, :D :D :D

PaceAdvantage
01-27-2002, 11:51 AM
Actually, the War Room is (was?) a lot more friendlier than the name implies. I always envisioned it as sort of a room where people who are currently betting on the races can meet if they want. Sort of like those Daytrading chat rooms, only this one is for online handicappers.....

I'm probably the one most guilty of not participating in the room as much as I used to. I'm also trying to come up with better chat room software...but that seems to be a never-ending quest of mine....

Regards,

==PA

Observer
01-29-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Whitehos
Observer did you do it to that guy yet?

Whitehos,

Did I do what to whom? Hope to see you in the War Room Friday night .. if not sooner!

Whitehos
01-29-2002, 11:06 PM
The guy you were going to marry.....remember?????????
Did you do it?

Whitehos

Observer
01-30-2002, 09:51 PM
Oh! Is that what you meant? I wasn't sure! :) Yes, I did.

Rexdale You
02-01-2002, 11:06 PM
Helo PA & Board Participants,,,,You should all agree that the Poll was successful in so far as reminding you it was another option available to fans of the site,,,,Also IMHO,,,,This board is better than most,,,,They are civil,diplomatic,and can be informative,,,,I will now move to the War Room and listen for a while,,,,Rex You :D :D :D