PDA

View Full Version : Do any American PA members like playing Canadian tracks?

trying2win
06-22-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm just curious if any of the U.S. PA members like playing Canadian racetacks.

--If so, which ones?

--Do many of the U.S. or offshore online betting services carry more than just the Woodbine races?

--If you like playing Canadian racetracks, do you wish your home racetracks, simulcast centres, or online betting services would carry more Canadian tracks?

--If you enjoy playing Canadian racetracks, what do you like about them?

Thanks,

T2W

ranchwest
06-22-2004, 06:15 PM
I play WO some and FE a little.

sjk
06-22-2004, 06:32 PM
I play WO about every day. I have never really tried the others.

andicap
06-22-2004, 06:42 PM
I don't mind WO, but the field sizes are a bit small.

tdthomas
06-22-2004, 06:47 PM
I will bet Woodbine when they have a big race. I haven't tried any of the others. Northlands, Assiniboia, Fort Erie, and Hastings are available at xpressbet.

bettheoverlay
06-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Woodbine has been one of my favorites for years, especially the turf races.
Some of the classy dirt races are too chalky.

Bubbles
06-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Remember the Atto Mile a few years ago, a horse named Numerous Times won it. My dad had his YouBet account up, and allowed me to place a small bet. NT was something like 6 or 8 to 1, so the place ticket I hit with was pretty sizable. Problem was that I also had the exacta picked, and had my dad let me use a few more bucks, I would have hit the exacta which paid about fifty bucks (Affirmed Success was a huge chalk that day and ran second by a neck).

Woodbine's not a bad track to play at all. I remember they used to have night racing on Wednesdays, not sure if that's still the case.

Tom
06-22-2004, 07:17 PM
I like FE and WO. Both are beatiful tracks, comfortable to attend, customer-oriented, and the racing is good. Plus lots of simulcasting. Toronto is a nice area, close to home, and they have out-of-this world steak sandwhiches near the track.
Both are good tracks to play on the net, too. Decent racing.

trying2win
06-22-2004, 11:46 PM
TD,

--You mentioned that Expressbet carries Northlands Park!. That's something I wouldn't have expected. Thanks for the info.

That's interesting to see in the replies to this thread, that a lot of you like playing Woodbine. As for myself, I don't like playing the races at Woodbine, or the top class tracks in the U.S. either. The main reason...negative results! I can't figure out the races at the high class tracks. with their proliferation of either short fields, or large fields of 12 to 14 horses, too many maiden races with first time starters (dirt or turf), too many well-matched allowance, handicap or stakes races.

Give me the cheaper tracks with lots of claiming races consisting of field sizes of 7 to 11 horses anyday. I like playing the races at Stampede Park (when it's operating), Northlands Park (our local track...so I'm biased!) and Hastings Park. As for Assiniboia Downs and Fort Erie--no thanks! In the U.S... yes to tracks like Mountaineer Park and Turf Paradise.

I get chided by my friends at the local racetrack for betting the cheaper tracks. But, I do much better at them than the big league tracks. So, I don't listen to their "You have to" bet Hollywood Park, or you "ought to" bet Belmont Park, or you "should" bet Woodbine etc. So, I just ignore these so-called friends and bet at the tracks where I get the best results at. In my book, that's what counts...results!...not the prestige of the class of the tracks you bet.

If you do well at betting the races at the high class tracks, I congratulate you. Continue on at these places.

T2W

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2004, 12:23 AM
I love FE. Like WO and HST

trying2win
06-23-2004, 01:43 AM
I just noticed that they also take bets at YOUBET.COM for Northlands Park as well. That's something else I didn't know before.

Have any other PA members ever bet Northlands Park in the past? Is there a possibility, that anyone is thinking of trying their handicapping skills at Northlands Park for the first time this year?

T2W

Brian Flewwelling
06-23-2004, 02:26 AM
I am a Canadian, so should not post here,,, but who really cares

TTW seems to really want some reassurance that the world knows where Edmonton is :)

I have lived in several Alberta locations, including Admonton, Antwhistle, Avensburg ...(this is a local joke!)

I will play NP. It was a lot easier before they rebuilt the racing surface (last year) . All you had to do was figure the leader into the first turn... done, got the winner. Last year there were horses passing horses all over the place ... damn

BTW, even tho i am a Stampeder/Flames fan, i will admit that the racing facility at NP is much better than at STP.

Fleww

trying2win
06-23-2004, 04:36 AM
Brian,

--Where do you go for horse racing action now?. Kin Park and their 5 horse fields? Just kidding. I'm assuming Cranbrook has a teletheatre, where they simulcast races from all over Canada and the U.S. If not, I guess you can always bet the Kin Park and Kamloops races online at 5dimes.com...hee-hee-hee....

--Yes, I caught on to your ethnic slant on those Alberta localities you mentioned...very good!

--Another yes. I recall reading about the changing of the Northlands Park surface. After it was done, I remember the odd bettor lamenting that their early speed advantage edge was gone. So much for depending on track profiles from previous meets at times, eh?

Good luck at the races this year.

T2W