PDA

View Full Version : Track Web Sites

OTM Al
06-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Just as there is such a big difference in the way customers are treated at the tracks, so is the differences on their websites. I wish to simply sing the praises of 3 in particular and leave it up to anyone else who wishes to comment/bash. IMO the best set up websites out there to cater to customers are NYRA's, the New Jersy sites for Monmouth and the Meadowlands, and Del Mar. Why? Because they give you charts for free.

NYRA allows you to view at least 1 year's worth of past charts. The Jersey tracks give you about 5 years worth of past charts (I just pulled the entire last season of Monmouth). Del Mar gives you the past meet. Every other site links you to Equibase for the whole last weeks worth of charts. No knock on Equibase. I use it all the time and its a great service, but shame on all the other tracks who don't supply such info to the customer.

Handicapping is a game that can nickle and dime you to death even before you even push money across the window. Just want to give kudos to these 3 organizations for helping out the handicapper.

tdthomas
06-22-2004, 01:42 PM
I agree with you on Del Mar and Monmouth sites, but I downgrade Belmont because they don't have a video feed and the other two do. Why the hell can't they all cast their video?

trying2win
06-22-2004, 03:45 PM
OTM Al,

So far, I've found Del Mar to have the best website for handicapping information.

I've mentioned this before, but if I remember correctly, I think it was last year that I had trouble getting through to their free, live video at the start of their meet (I guess the popularity of that feature was too great). Since they had an e-mail listing of all their executives, I decided to e-mail the President and General Manager, Joe Harper about this live video problem. Joe promptly replied and mentioned that he would try to see what he could do about the problem. By golly, within a few days there was no problem gaining access to the live video. I guess Joe must have asked their video provider to increase server capacity. Now that's service!

T2W

The_Knight_Sky
06-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Breathtaking pictures in the Gallery plus free BRIS past performances for every feature race. :)

http://www.monmouthpark.com/photo_gallery.asp

The link to pp's changes so here it is:
http://www.brisnet.com/affiliate/HTML/467frame.html