PDA

View Full Version : Any Vitamin/Herbal Supplement nuts here?

upthecreek
02-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Besides me!!!! I take around 40 different vitamins and herbals a day and everybody,including the doctor thinks Im nuts Well I went last week to the doctor for the 1st time in 10 years and got blood work done-just got the results PERFECT!!!!!!! Im a big believer in garlic and fish oil and also take Niacin for heart health/cholesterol It came back 172 with the good high and the bad low I also take 3 supplements for prostrate health and my PSA came back .6(maybe too much info) LOL
Like to hear if anyone has any favorite herbals

Clocker
02-04-2016, 10:22 AM

I used to back in my younger days, but I quit smoking that wacky stuff. :p

delayjf
02-04-2016, 11:03 AM
When researching supplements for my Cat after she died of cancer, I found one supplement that shows promise for both animals and humans called
Artemisinin

This supplement has been used for years as a treatment for malaria in Asia. It's mechanism is that it is attracted to cells with high iron content, such as malaria cells. Once inside the malaria cell, it combines with the iron to create free radicals which ultimately kill the malaria cell. Cancer cells like Malaria cell are also high in iron, so the mechanism works the same. For more information, see below. Interesting stuff.

http://doctorsaputo.com/a/artemisinin-a-cancer-smart-bomb

http://www.naturalnews.com/033182_artemisinin_cancer.html

azeri98
02-04-2016, 11:04 AM
I have Arthritic knees and taking Omega 3 pills has helped a lot.

Secondbest
02-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Besides me!!!! I take around 40 different vitamins and herbals a day and everybody,including the doctor thinks Im nuts Well I went last week to the doctor for the 1st time in 10 years and got blood work done-just got the results PERFECT!!!!!!! Im a big believer in garlic and fish oil and also take Niacin for heart health/cholesterol It came back 172 with the good high and the bad low I also take 3 supplements for prostrate health and my PSA came back .6(maybe too much info) LOL
How old are you? Do you excersise? Does any close relatives have medical issues?
Genes count more than any pill.
However I also take B12 ,D, Calcium baby aspirin and simvastatin all under the docs orders.

upthecreek
02-04-2016, 11:33 AM
How old are you? Do you excersise? Does any close relatives have medical issues?
However I also take B12 ,D, Calcium baby aspirin and simvastatin all under the docs orders.
51 NO Never! and not really
The good gene thing is over rated They are finding environmental factors play a bigger part in health now(chemicals in food,pollution etc)

johnhannibalsmith
02-04-2016, 11:53 AM
I am about as far from a vitamin/herbal nut as you can get and pretty much will not even go to a doctor. But, I have had high blood pressure for a while and it has a habit of getting obscenely high when I give it a reason to, so just recently went to a crack den clinic to get some meds.

I see an NP and she is the best physician I think I've ever dealt with. As a trade-off for not bugging me about smoking, I let her draw blood as well and it came back with "elevated" triceratops or whatever the hell it is. The kid on the phone that called to tell me recommended fish oil. Well, I wasn't going for that and when the NP questioned me on it during my next visit in for a check/refill I explained that "elevated" sounded to me like code for not ideal, but hardly bad. If I really needed to do something they would have said "high" or something to that effect, not elevated.

Truth is, I hate fish and hate giant submarine sized pills. She shook her head at me and gave me a tip. This was a long drawn out way to get to the tip, which was the point of posting originally, in case it helps anyone else as goofy as I am that is reading this:

Put the fish oil pills in the freezer. That's right, freeze them. They are no longer slimy looking and it might as well be a giant tylenol because there is no taste. Like I said, she's the best.

Greyfox
02-04-2016, 12:25 PM
I take two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar every day in the same amount of water.

http://www.rd.com/health/wellness/apple-cider-vinegar-benefits/

upthecreek
02-04-2016, 12:38 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/human-genome_b_803069.html

upthecreek
02-04-2016, 12:40 PM

My daily Regiment:

Garlic 1200mg 2x
Maca w/ Ginseng 500mg 2x
Aloe Vera 5000mg 1x
Fo-Ti 1000mg 2x
Beta Sisterol 160mg 2x
Saw palmetto 450mg 2x
Biotin 5000mcg 2x
Acai Berry 500mg 2x
Ginko Biloba 1200mg 2x
Black Currant Seed Oil 500mg 2x
Fish Oil 1200mg 2x
Niacin 500mg 1x
Sea Kelp 225 mcg 1x
Multi Vitamin 1x
Huperzine A 200mcg 1x
Kidney Care 1x
Vitamin D-3 2000mg 1x
Goji Berry 500mg 1x
DHT Blocker 1x

RunForTheRoses
02-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Yes, I am a supplement nut. They get expensive so sometimes I run out for awhile.

Take Folic Acid with B6 and 12 for cardiac and mental health.

Theanine and Gaba are good for stress

For liver health N Acetyl Cysteine (also can have positive MH effects) Milk Thistle

Pycnogenol for Cardiac Health

Rhodiola for stress

Nattokinase, was using for cardiac health (had eye stroke 4 years ago) but am concerned about bleeding so this is on shelf.

Garlic and Ginger for colds, usually take this supplement that I found in Whole Foods that has enzymes for Immune Health, I commute long distance every work day and am exposed to germs like crazy.

Tumeric, Coconut Oil, Krill Oil and a few others I occasionally use.

Zeathastin for eye health

Astazanthin for eye and cardiac health but stopped using may have negative side effects.

RunForTheRoses
02-04-2016, 12:43 PM
I take two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar every day in the same amount of water.

http://www.rd.com/health/wellness/apple-cider-vinegar-benefits/

If I get sick (which I am today, home from work) take a glass of Distilled Water, Ginger and Apple Cider Vinegar

RunForTheRoses
02-04-2016, 12:44 PM
My daily Regiment:

Garlic 1200mg 2x
Maca w/ Ginseng 500mg 2x
Aloe Vera 5000mg 1x
Fo-Ti 1000mg 2x
Beta Sisterol 160mg 2x
Saw palmetto 450mg 2x
Biotin 5000mcg 2x
Acai Berry 500mg 2x
Ginko Biloba 1200mg 2x
Fish Oil 1200mg 2x
Niacin 500mg 1x
Sea Kelp 225 mcg 1x
Multi Vitamin 1x
Huperzine A 200mcg 1x
Kidney Care 1x
Vitamin D-3 2000mg 1x
Goji Berry 500mg 1x
DHT Blocker 1x

Be careful of MACA, my liver enzymes went through the roof and so did my blood pressure.

RunForTheRoses
02-04-2016, 12:45 PM
My daily Regiment:

Garlic 1200mg 2x
Maca w/ Ginseng 500mg 2x
Aloe Vera 5000mg 1x
Fo-Ti 1000mg 2x
Beta Sisterol 160mg 2x
Saw palmetto 450mg 2x
Biotin 5000mcg 2x
Acai Berry 500mg 2x
Ginko Biloba 1200mg 2x
Fish Oil 1200mg 2x
Niacin 500mg 1x
Sea Kelp 225 mcg 1x
Multi Vitamin 1x
Huperzine A 200mcg 1x
Kidney Care 1x
Vitamin D-3 2000mg 1x
Goji Berry 500mg 1x
DHT Blocker 1x

Huperzine A is one I recently bought a bottle of, worried long term about dementia plus it may have short term benefits. Choline is good to take also.

Grits
02-04-2016, 01:19 PM
How much do you weigh since you are so sedentary?
What does your diet generally consist of?
What do you do for a living? Your work environment?

My reason for asking? Only that all of these play a large part in good or not so good health.

It is proven eating a good diet, is a far better alternative than supplements in great numbers, as you are taking daily. At the same time, one of the greatest, if not THE greatest means by which we leave this earth early is STRESS. Some of which we can control, some of which we cannot--changes may be beyond our control due to our circumstances. So, we do the best we can in developing good coping skills! I cannot express how valuable patience and education, both, are in this regard.

The good gene thing? It is not overrated. My parents are in their late 80s. (Good choices surely do play a part.) The bad gene thing, too, is not overrated. Family history is extremely important in healthcare. There is a reason doctors need this information from their patients.

By the way, I'm older than you are. I eat the right foods--love chicken and seafood, eat little beef, and too, not a good deal of pork. Rarely eat anything fried--a piece of chicken from one of the take out spots, now and then. Never eat between meals, don't always eat three times a day. Hardly ever, ever, eat sweets/desserts, snacks or junk foods. Drink alcohol wisely, in moderation. BINGE is not in my vocabulary, not in any form. If I have a weakness, it's baked potatoes with butter and sour cream. And lobster with butter.

Like you, I don't exercise--not on machines. But I do walk, and that's good. At 5ft5in. 126lbs, I still wear a size 8. .... Something most men would like in their wives, at any age, but this doesn't matter to me as I'm not looking for men. At this stage, I don't need or have to answer to one of those. :lol:

Take one 20mg Simvistatin tablet daily. The cholesterol thing is in the family gene pool. ;) Also take a baby aspirin daily. I see my primary physician every 6 months, as she tells me. No to all those pills. Just no. These are taking a lot of your money, my simvistatin is $6.52 per month. The baby aspirin, next to nothing. .... You're peeing money down the toilet. Daily. Excess of supplements our bodies don't need, will be cast out. Excess amounts, also, can harm us.

The good gene thing is over rated They are finding environmental factors play a bigger part in health now(chemicals in food,pollution etc)

Secondbest
02-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Your still relatively young (51 is not old nowadays). Of course the environment plays a huge factor but genes Also matter.Thats why Family history is always asked if your parents never had high cholesterol chances are you wont. By the way I sometíme take supplements for memory .One last thing you should exercise.

Tom
02-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Ginko Biloba 1200mg 2x

I bought some of that to improve my memory.
Kept forgetting to take it.

mostpost
02-04-2016, 02:18 PM
I am about as far from a vitamin/herbal nut as you can get and pretty much will not even go to a doctor. But, I have had high blood pressure for a while and it has a habit of getting obscenely high when I give it a reason to, so just recently went to a crack den clinic to get some meds.

I see an NP and she is the best physician I think I've ever dealt with. As a trade-off for not bugging me about smoking, I let her draw blood as well and it came back with "elevated" triceratops or whatever the hell it is. The kid on the phone that called to tell me recommended fish oil. Well, I wasn't going for that and when the NP questioned me on it during my next visit in for a check/refill I explained that "elevated" sounded to me like code for not ideal, but hardly bad. If I really needed to do something they would have said "high" or something to that effect, not elevated.

Truth is, I hate fish and hate giant submarine sized pills. She shook her head at me and gave me a tip. This was a long drawn out way to get to the tip, which was the point of posting originally, in case it helps anyone else as goofy as I am that is reading this:

Put the fish oil pills in the freezer. That's right, freeze them. They are no longer slimy looking and it might as well be a giant tylenol because there is no taste. Like I said, she's the best.
You have an elevated dinosaur? I would be very concerned.

elysiantraveller
02-04-2016, 02:40 PM
IMO that's very expensive pee...

Stillriledup
02-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Keep in mind the fish oils thin the blood a bit, always read directions.

upthecreek
02-04-2016, 03:04 PM
IMO that's very expensive pee...
That's what all non-believers say LOL
After 10 years of not watching my diet,not exercising or taking any prescription medication and getting the test results I got,I'm happy with my expensive pee
What would the results be if I weren't taking the supplements? I'd say worse,but who knows

thaskalos
02-04-2016, 03:17 PM
If you want to feel the best you've ever felt...I will give you all the advice you need in one short paragraph:

Eat wild-caught fish, Amish eggs, vegetables (especially the leafy kind), some fruit (easy on the fruit if weight gain is an issue), legumes and nuts. No beef, no pork, no chicken, no rice, no pasta, no sweets of any kind, and no breads of any kind...unless you can find that dark wheat-free German bread that comes in the shape of a brick -- and it's almost as hard. Eat as long as you are hungry and drink plenty of purified water...and you'll lose all the weight you need to lose...never have to count your calories...and you will have the energy level of a teenager.

I never cared about any issue enough to ever become an advocate of anything, but I have had to face some serious health issues in recent years...and have been able to totally cure and transform myself by diet alone...while totally ignoring the medication advice of my doctor. Now...my doctor asks ME for advice.

I am not a crusader...and I hate being a "pain in the ass" -- as some of my friends and family lovingly call me. But this is our HEALTH, folks...and nothing is more important than that. We SAY that we value our health above all else...but our eating habits say otherwise.

I have written thousands of posts here about a variety of topics...and more than a few posters have written back to me, to tell me how much they appreciate what I have to say here. I would like to say one more thing here...and I would love it if you could remember this one thing...while forgetting everything else that I've ever written here:

Never underestimate the importance of your diet...not only in the way you look, but, more importantly, in the way you FEEL. Eat the right things, and avoid the garbage out there that's masquerading as real food...and the change within you will be nothing short of miraculous. Food isn't supposed to be pleasure for the palate; it's supposed to be fuel for the human machine.

Stillriledup
02-04-2016, 03:18 PM
That's what all non-believers say LOL
After 10 years of not watching my diet,not exercising or taking any prescription medication and getting the test results I got,I'm happy with my expensive pee
What would the results be if I weren't taking the supplements? I'd say worse,but who knows

Less expensive pee if you do it right, gotta know which supplements 'go together' with others.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/improve-bodys-absorption-vitamins-2898.html

sammy the sage
02-04-2016, 03:37 PM
How much do you weigh since you are so sedentary?
What does your diet generally consist of?
What do you do for a living? Your work environment?

My reason for asking? Only that all of these play a large part in good or not so good health.

It is proven eating a good diet, is a far better alternative than supplements in great numbers, as you are taking daily. At the same time, one of the greatest, if not THE greatest means by which we leave this earth early is STRESS. Some of which we can control, some of which we cannot--changes may be beyond our control due to our circumstances. So, we do the best we can in developing good coping skills! I cannot express how valuable patience and education, both, are in this regard.

The good gene thing? It is not overrated. My parents are in their late 80s. (Good choices surely do play a part.) The bad gene thing, too, is not overrated. Family history is extremely important in healthcare. There is a reason doctors need this information from their patients.

By the way, I'm older than you are. I eat the right foods--love chicken and seafood, eat little beef, and too, not a good deal of pork. Rarely eat anything fried--a piece of chicken from one of the take out spots, now and then. Never eat between meals, don't always eat three times a day. Hardly ever, ever, eat sweets/desserts, snacks or junk foods. Drink alcohol wisely, in moderation. BINGE is not in my vocabulary, not in any form. If I have a weakness, it's baked potatoes with butter and sour cream. And lobster with butter.

Like you, I don't exercise--not on machines. But I do walk, and that's good. At 5ft5in. 126lbs, I still wear a size 8. .... Something most men would like in their wives, at any age, but this doesn't matter to me as I'm not looking for men. At this stage, I don't need or have to answer to one of those. :lol:

Take one 20mg Simvistatin tablet daily. The cholesterol thing is in the family gene pool. ;) Also take a baby aspirin daily. I see my primary physician every 6 months, as she tells me. No to all those pills. Just no. These are taking a lot of your money, my simvistatin is $6.52 per month. The baby aspirin, next to nothing. .... You're peeing money down the toilet. Daily. Excess of supplements our bodies don't need, will be cast out. Excess amounts, also, can harm us.

;) you forgot something in your diet sweetheart....I just saw a documentary on people over 100...over 50% have some form of alcohol every day...(another 50% have bacon...believe it or not)...we know your secret special recipe is Canadian in nature....sorry couldn't resist spilling THE beans :lol:

Grits
02-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Eat wild-caught fish, Amish eggs, vegetables (especially the leafy kind), some fruit (easy on the fruit if weight gain is an issue), legumes and nuts. No beef, no pork, no chicken, no rice, no pasta, no sweets of any kind, and no breads of any kind...unless you can find that dark wheat-free German bread that comes in the shape of a brick -- and it's almost as hard. Eat as long as you are hungry and drink plenty of purified water...and you'll lose all the weight you need to lose

Thask, in all these years, the best post you've ever written here. And so much...the best advice. You're thoughtful to share this. I hope others see what you've achieved, and the fact that so much of good health is about good diet....not diet supplements.

I can't go totally without pasta or rice, and no meats at all. I'm not that good. I have to enjoy what I'm cooking, what I'm eating--as taste goes. I eat a lot of seafood, chicken, and a lot of good deep dark green vegetables, and next to no bread, desserts, etc.

Thank you for writing. You're top of the heap! Few Greeks eat as you do. ;)

sammy the sage
02-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Meanwhile...I'll agree w/the O.P. to a point...I take 70% of the stuff he takes plus other herbs + 1 shot of alcohol of some kind every day...

I'll dis-agree about good/bad genes...good genes ARE ALL that...wish I had them...I don't...still dealing /w over 10k people a year...they are there...and they do make a difference....

Finally...about Apple cider vinegar....I have gout...which means in theory alcohol and many other things SHOULD be off limits...well the active ingredient in vinegar/lemon/cherry juice is....Malic Acid...(can buy it in pill form)....I take it in the morning and evening w/food...really has cut down on flare-ups...still as Clint Eastwood would say...a man has got to know his limitations...

Thask also wrote very good advice as well...

Grits
02-04-2016, 03:46 PM
;) you forgot something in your diet sweetheart....I just saw a documentary on people over 100...over 50% have some form of alcohol every day...(another 50% have bacon...believe it or not)...we know your secret special recipe is Canadian in nature....sorry couldn't resist spilling THE beans :lol:

Sammy, I included alcohol. :) And yes, more often it's Crown and water as opposed to wine. Which can stop up my head like a block of wood. Sulfites are not my friend. Doesn't matter whether is cheap or expensive, can have problems with wine. Sulfites in so many foods, I avoid.

.... I don't eat 4 pieces of bacon or sausage in a month. No. Not good for me.

thaskalos
02-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Thask, in all these years, the best post you've ever written here. And so much...the best advice. You're thoughtful to share this. I hope others see what you've achieved, and the fact that so much of good health is about good diet....not diet supplements.

I can't go totally without pasta or rice, and no meats at all. I'm not that good. I have to enjoy what I'm cooking, what I'm eating--as taste goes. I eat a lot of seafood, chicken, and a lot of good deep dark green vegetables, and next to no bread, desserts, etc.

Thank you for writing. You're top of the heap! Few Greeks eat as you do. ;)

Believe me...I haven't always been "that good". But when you get called into the doctor's office and are told that you are suffering from a serious medical condition, at a time when you alone are responsible for the care of a young child...then, life has a way of getting into the proper perspective.

Fear is the best motivator. :)

Grits
02-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Thask, I know this fear, far, far, too well.

thaskalos
02-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Thask, I know this fear, far, far, too well.

I know you do...and I hope you and your family stay well. :ThmbUp:

wisconsin
02-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Grits, how does one say no to bread and desserts?

I was knocking on the diabetes door, started taking Ceylon Cinnamon (1000 mg daily), feel better for sure, need to move to a much better diet. I work long hours, it's tough to eat right, unless I want to graze on greens all day.

I reduced the amount of soda I drink (refuse to drink dangerous diet) and stopped having vending machine treats. Greatly reduced eating out of a can or a microwave, only eat about 3% of the frozen pizzas I used to, and drastically cut out lunchmeat and drink more water than ever.

It takes a lot to change one's diet. And I don't want to be on any medication at all, except the low dose aspirin the doctor said I should take.

proximity
02-04-2016, 07:34 PM
i take a vitamin and mineral supplement but can't really say i notice much difference?

some supplements that have provided me a NOTICEABLE difference:

* co q10: 200 mg/day. no special japanese blends or anything, just 200 mg capsules from target.

* melatonin: 3mg before bed.

*d3: an extra 400iu before taking off on poker trips.

*probiotics: take 1-2 capsules a day of pb8 from nutrition now. could probably cut back to about five a week though after a month or two.

* glucosamine: workout a lot and worry about my hips. 1-2k mg a day seems to help.

azeri98
02-04-2016, 08:02 PM
If you want to feel the best you've ever felt...I will give you all the advice you need in one short paragraph:

Eat wild-caught fish, Amish eggs, vegetables (especially the leafy kind), some fruit (easy on the fruit if weight gain is an issue), legumes and nuts. No beef, no pork, no chicken, no rice, no pasta, no sweets of any kind, and no breads of any kind...unless you can find that dark wheat-free German bread that comes in the shape of a brick -- and it's almost as hard. Eat as long as you are hungry and drink plenty of purified water...and you'll lose all the weight you need to lose...never have to count your calories...and you will have the energy level of a teenager.

I never cared about any issue enough to ever become an advocate of anything, but I have had to face some serious health issues in recent years...and have been able to totally cure and transform myself by diet alone...while totally ignoring the medication advice of my doctor. Now...my doctor asks ME for advice.

I am not a crusader...and I hate being a "pain in the ass" -- as some of my friends and family lovingly call me. But this is our HEALTH, folks...and nothing is more important than that. We SAY that we value our health above all else...but our eating habits say otherwise.

I have written thousands of posts here about a variety of topics...and more than a few posters have written back to me, to tell me how much they appreciate what I have to say here. I would like to say one more thing here...and I would love it if you could remember this one thing...while forgetting everything else that I've ever written here:

Never underestimate the importance of your diet...not only in the way you look, but, more importantly, in the way you FEEL. Eat the right things, and avoid the garbage out there that's masquerading as real food...and the change within you will be nothing short of miraculous. Food isn't supposed to be pleasure for the palate; it's supposed to be fuel for the human machine.
I switched to a full organic food diet and don't eat any sugars or processed food, I think you hit the nail on the head when you say diet is the most important factor in your health, it is, and for all of you that smoke if you quit you will feel a lot better, not right away due to the addiction but you will I smoked for 20 tears and managed to quit. Its hard but worth it.

elysiantraveller
02-04-2016, 10:47 PM

I was knocking on the diabetes door, started taking Ceylon Cinnamon (1000 mg daily), feel better for sure, need to move to a much better diet. I work long hours, it's tough to eat right, unless I want to graze on greens all day.

I reduced the amount of soda I drink (refuse to drink dangerous diet) and stopped having vending machine treats. Greatly reduced eating out of a can or a microwave, only eat about 3% of the frozen pizzas I used to, and drastically cut out lunchmeat and drink more water than ever.

It takes a lot to change one's diet. And I don't want to be on any medication at all, except the low dose aspirin the doctor said I should take.

You still selling cars? I know that life and its really hard to keep a standard diet. My usual issue doing that and what I do now is not having the ability to block meal times. Keep some clif bars in your desk for the days you are slammed because you can quickly wolf them down and the sugar and fat will give you the boost to prevent a binge when you slow down. Also chicken and rice can be your friend because it can be made in large quanities in advanced. Bring a cup or two of rice everyday to work and mass cook chicken to leave in your break room. A couple of sauces on hand you are all set.

That is not a good job to have and cut sugars/carbs completely because the energy boost they give you is helpful for the days when you have little time to take care of yourself.

Another thing that will really help is to force yourself to eat early and take a brisk walk or do some sort of exercise early in the day. The food is obvious but an early work also helps keep your metabolism up throughout the day allowing you to eat those carbs with fewer negative side effects.

Grits
02-04-2016, 11:12 PM

Easy, as I've always had the taste for savory as opposed to sweet. In other words, I like real food. I don't like sweets or junk. If I eat an appetizer, then I'm done. Have to push to eat the main course. The only dessert I eat when dining out--is the most simple--my favorite, Creme Brulee'. Once in a while, chocolate mousse.

I can easily eat a lb. of asparagus, steamed, or grilled (olive oil) with only butter, tiny bit of salt and pepper. Or if grilled, tomatoes added. Love salads, but usually made with baby spinach. Can't have a Caesar often, as I love them with real anchovies and shrimp. Each of these are HEAVEN!

Don't drink two soft drinks a week. They're like eating tablespoons of sugar. No, rather have water or tea.

Last of all, I'm admittedly vain. Many men and women are obese and it is not only bad for their health, but too, they look really bad. I knew decades ago, I didn't want to be one of those women.

You've made some great changes, Wisconsin. Good for you!! .... Love talking about food. ;)

Boris
02-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Thanks for this thread and the replies. After my annual last month, the doctor called and said my triglycerides and cholesterol were elevated. I had heard that before. He told me I needed to begin a low cholesterol diet. My liver enzymes were also elevated which got my attention. I go in a few days for another blood test to see if the enzymes were a one time thing or something to look at further.

So I got religion on what I was eating since, but I have further to go. Since some of you are better at this, I wanted to ask a question. I now read the package on anything that is not a fruit or vegetable to eliminate saturated and trans fats. Since I have not found a "low cholesterol diet" bundled up like weight watchers, I am paying attention to the fats and cholesterol I am eating. I don't have a weight problem (5'11" & 175 lbs) I think. I have mostly eliminated shopping in the middle of the store. But I am eating a lot of fruit. More than I ever thought I would. I have found some other stuff to snack on with no fat, but a fair amount of sugar. Am I making a step forward eating a lot of fruit and no fat snacks given the sugar level.

I just started taking the first two supplements of my life at age 58 other than a multi-vitamin - fish oil and Cholest-Off Plus.

Grits
02-04-2016, 11:24 PM
You certainly are taking the right steps. Fruit is excellent. I'd still closely watch the sugar level. Calories are calories and they come from sugar. But, one thing you cannot do. If you are taking a statin medication for your high cholesterol level to aid in getting it down? You cannot, and should not eat grapefruit. Not ever. It negates the statin.

Much good luck!! ;)

Dahoss2002
02-05-2016, 03:12 AM

Getting boat ready this weekend prepping garden spot too. Great advice.

thaskalos
02-05-2016, 03:25 AM
Getting boat ready this weekend prepping garden spot too. Great advice.
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it...and the doctors would be out of business.

menifee
02-05-2016, 04:10 AM
I think vitamin supplements and nutritional supplements are one of the biggest scams ever. I know I may be in the minority and I certainly respect anyone's right to consume whatever they want, but I think they are being defrauded.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/supplements-and-safety/

Frontline just did an interesting show on the matter. Before anyone slams me, I have had many arguments with my siblings and parents on the matter so I've heard worse.

If you want to be healthy, stop eating and exercise.

upthecreek
02-05-2016, 06:27 AM
I think vitamin supplements and nutritional supplements are one of the biggest scams ever. I know I may be in the minority and I certainly respect anyone's right to consume whatever they want, but I think they are being defrauded.

Frontline just did an interesting show on the matter. Before anyone slams me, I have had many arguments with my siblings and parents on the matter so I've heard worse.

The biggest scam going are the drug companies,making billions of dollars pushing drugs
Can't sleep-take a pill
Feel sad-take a pill
Cant get an erection-take a pill
Were so far behind the rest of the world in homeopathic and holistic medicine why?
Drug companies
Google hawthorn berry Its one of the most prescribed herbals by doctors in the world for heart patients except here and why? Doctors have their nose so far up drug companies ass and that's all they know, never realizing their are alternatives

upthecreek
02-05-2016, 06:31 AM

You'll probably find that the Frontline price was sponsored and supported by drug campaniles Most studies against herbals you'll find were supported by companies with interest in pharmaceuticals again why? They want you buying their drugs

upthecreek
02-05-2016, 06:35 AM
Thanks for this thread and the replies. After my annual last month, the doctor called and said my triglycerides and cholesterol were elevated. I had heard that before. He told me I needed to begin a low cholesterol diet. My liver enzymes were also elevated which got my attention. I go in a few days for another blood test to see if the enzymes were a one time thing or something to look at further.

So I got religion on what I was eating since, but I have further to go. Since some of you are better at this, I wanted to ask a question. I now read the package on anything that is not a fruit or vegetable to eliminate saturated and trans fats. Since I have not found a "low cholesterol diet" bundled up like weight watchers, I am paying attention to the fats and cholesterol I am eating. I don't have a weight problem (5'11" & 175 lbs) I think. I have mostly eliminated shopping in the middle of the store. But I am eating a lot of fruit. More than I ever thought I would. I have found some other stuff to snack on with no fat, but a fair amount of sugar. Am I making a step forward eating a lot of fruit and no fat snacks given the sugar level.

I just started taking the first two supplements of my life at age 58 other than a multi-vitamin - fish oil and Cholest-Off Plus.
Try Niacin

The main goal of cholesterol treatment is to lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. Statins do this much better than niacin does. But niacin has the advantage of raising HDL (“good”) cholesterol much more than statins do. It also lowers triglycerides, fats in the blood that can increase the risk of heart disease.Nov 30, 2011
Niacin's Effects on Cholesterol | Berkeley Wellness

upthecreek
02-05-2016, 06:50 AM
You be the judge:
http://www.takingcharge.csh.umn.edu/explore-healing-practices/botanical-medicine/-there-good-scientific-evidence

pandy
02-05-2016, 08:05 AM
I take a multi vitamin, Vitamin D, Tumeric, Flaxseed oil pill, and Nattokinese, which is a natural blood thinner.

My wife and I started taking Vitamind D supplements about 12 years ago and it made a huge difference, especially in the winter. It actually improved our mood.

I eat a salad for lunch about 5 times a week and I eat broccoli almost every day and I have things like nuts, fruit, cinnamon, honey, chocolate, in small amounts almost every day.

Although I think that nutrition is important I don't think there's definitive proof that eliminating foods like meat, bread, pasta, alcohol, and other things thought to be bad for you really makes much of a difference in the long run. I don't believe that vegans are living longer than people who eat meat.

As someone noted, half of the people who lived over 100 ate bacon and drank alcohol. I've seen many centenarians interviewed on TV and I was amazed how many of them said that they ate bacon every day.

Personally, I've found that I feel better if I eat good natural foods that are high in antioxidants but I think the key to eating the so-called unhealthy foods, like meat, pasta, bread, or even sweets, is to eat small quantities. The most important thing is not being overweight.

Some of you may have seen a video a college professor made when his doctor told him he had high cholesterol. He had his students make him up an all-McDonalds diet. For a few months he only ate at McDonalds and ate everything on the menu, but he did not over ate. He lost weight and his cholesterol, triglycerides, and good/bad cholesterol numbers all went from bad to very good.

pandy
02-05-2016, 08:24 AM
I'd be interested to hear what experiences people have had with prescribed medications. I think this is a huge problem in this country. My late father's health quickly deteriorated once his doctor put him on a Statin drug. My sister in law got breast cancer in her 40's after her doctor put her back on some new form of birth control that you get twice a year in the form of an injection. The side effects of these prescription drugs are nonchalantly overlooked by the medical community.

My uncle is 93 years old and my cousin took him off his medications a few years ago and his health improved sharply.

RunForTheRoses
02-05-2016, 09:12 AM

Oil of Oregano is good for cholesterol. Cinnamon is too but it is bad for the liver.

RunForTheRoses
02-05-2016, 09:14 AM
i take a vitamin and mineral supplement but can't really say i notice much difference?

some supplements that have provided me a NOTICEABLE difference:

* co q10: 200 mg/day. no special japanese blends or anything, just 200 mg capsules from target.

* melatonin: 3mg before bed.

*d3: an extra 400iu before taking off on poker trips.

*probiotics: take 1-2 capsules a day of pb8 from nutrition now. could probably cut back to about five a week though after a month or two.

* glucosamine: workout a lot and worry about my hips. 1-2k mg a day seems to help.

D3 is important. I take melatonin sometimes too, usually just 1 mg as sometimes you can get a hangover. Valerian is good for sleep too.
Also, have added probiotics to my regimen and ideally I begin my day with an atkins shake with Metamuci Fiber/Probiotic.

RunForTheRoses
02-05-2016, 09:17 AM

There is an issue with quality but I purchase "good brands" which deliver. The stuff that I mentioned does do stuff, although you certainly have to be careful, you don't want to thin your blood so much that you are at risk for a hemorrhagic stroke for instance.

Grits
02-05-2016, 09:22 AM
In post 15 of this thread, Upthecreek, I asked you three questions. You've ignored each. You've quoted, answered or acknowledged everyone here except myself. I have no respect for such foolishness. Screw that.

.... Anyone whose diet consist primarily of washing down pills every morning, while bragging of not seeing a physician for 10 years isn't in a position to advise anyone on health issues.

The cemetaries are full of the self medicated who knew more about medicine than physicians. Get sick, and I mean, life threatening, critically ill, as my son has been, and let's see how long you last without one. You'd likely be the first through the doors of the ER. :faint:

pandy
02-05-2016, 09:23 AM
A doctor came out with a book years ago, and I can't remember his name or the title of the book, but he was blasted my many of the media types who sell these diet and exercise books. I wish I could remember his name.

Basically, he said that there is no reason to eat an extremely healthy diet and to exercise hard every day. His advice was, don't smoke, if you drink, drink in moderation, don't be more than 10 lbs over weight, exercise moderately and eat a balanced diet, try not to get too stressed.

His reasoning was, sure you can exercise for an hour a day, eliminate pizza, ice cream and all sweets, pasta, meats and alcohol, and you may live a few more years. But, he said, there is no guarantee of that and is it worth it?

upthecreek
02-05-2016, 09:25 AM
In post 15 of this thread, Upthecreek, I asked you three questions. You've ignored each. You've quoted, answered or acknowledged everyone here except myself. I have no respect for such foolishness. Screw that.

.... Anyone whose diet consist primarily of washing down pills every morning, while bragging of not seeing a physician for 10 years isn't in a position to advise anyone on health issues.

The cemetaries are full of the self medicated who knew more about medicine than physicians. Get sick, and I mean, life threatening, critically ill, as my son has been, and let's see how long you last without one. You'd likely be the first through the doors of the ER. :faint:
You're absolutely right and I've got no time for you

Grits
02-05-2016, 09:29 AM
D3 is important. I take melatonin sometimes too, usually just 1 mg as sometimes you can get a hangover. Valerian is good for sleep too.
Also, have added probiotics to my regimen and ideally I begin my day with an atkins shake with Metamuci Fiber/Probiotic.

One who eats a proper diet doesn't begin their day with Metamucil, which is basically--a fiber building laxative--seven days a week.

My Lord, can't you people cook? :lol:

rastajenk
02-05-2016, 09:31 AM
My first guess is: No. :D

Grits
02-05-2016, 09:32 AM
You're absolutely right and I've got no time for you

Gotcha, ;) not a problem. Truth is disconcerting, and others, without myself included, have shown much of it in the thread.

upthecreek
02-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Gotcha, ;) not a problem. Truth is disconcerting, and others, without myself included, have shown much of it in the thread.
What truth ? You need to run to a doctor all the time? Plenty on here in support of supplements from what I've read I'm as healthy as anyone ,doctor or no doctor I'll check back in another 10 years and see who's still here me or you

Grits
02-05-2016, 09:45 AM

Thank you, Rasta. If I recall, you can cook! :lol:

upthecreek
02-05-2016, 09:47 AM
What truth ? You need to run to a doctor all the time? Plenty on here in support of supplements from what I've read I'm as healthy as anyone ,doctor or no doctor I'll check back in another 10 years and see who's still here me or you
And by the way Grits I hope its both of us! :ThmbUp:

upthecreek
02-05-2016, 10:34 AM
This guys been around a long time He appears on Dr Oz show
http://www.drweil.com

RunForTheRoses
02-05-2016, 11:27 AM
One who eats a proper diet doesn't begin their day with Metamucil, which is basically--a fiber building laxative--seven days a week.

My Lord, can't you people cook? :lol:

Why are your panties all in a knot over what I do? For the record, I can cook but have about five minutes to eat on a work morning. On a non work morning I may have a healthy cereal and or yogurt.
Also, if you think that Doctor's are big on preventive medicine your dumber than I thought you were.

RunForTheRoses
02-05-2016, 11:29 AM

Aww a beta male checks in to pile on, how predictable.

Grits
02-05-2016, 01:01 PM
And by the way Grits I hope its both of us! :ThmbUp:

Of course. Me, too. All the best.

Just eat well with those supplements. ;)

delayjf
02-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Cinnamon is too but it is bad for the liver.

Depends on the type of Cinnamon, the one you want is called Ceylon cinnamon.

thaskalos
02-05-2016, 03:12 PM
A doctor came out with a book years ago, and I can't remember his name or the title of the book, but he was blasted my many of the media types who sell these diet and exercise books. I wish I could remember his name.

Basically, he said that there is no reason to eat an extremely healthy diet and to exercise hard every day. His advice was, don't smoke, if you drink, drink in moderation, don't be more than 10 lbs over weight, exercise moderately and eat a balanced diet, try not to get too stressed.

His reasoning was, sure you can exercise for an hour a day, eliminate pizza, ice cream and all sweets, pasta, meats and alcohol, and you may live a few more years. But, he said, there is no guarantee of that and is it worth it?

"Living longer" has little to do with it...IMO. I just want to feel better and be more energetic during the years that I've got left...that's all. To me...it's the QUALITY of life rather than the quantity of it. I too have read those stories about the world's longest-living people...but I am most impressed by the ones who remain strong and vibrant throughout their abnormally long lives. And you want to know what troubles me? The fact that, almost invariably, these people live in countries other than our own. For some peculiar reason...our OWN country doesn't rank very high in the "health and longevity of its citizens" department.

I used to believe in "moderation" too...but, as I got older, physical problems presented themselves...as they often do. My doctor suggested prescription medication, and "moderation" in diet and lifestyle...but I had a different idea. I decided to use my body as a laboratory...and conduct a series of experiments within it to see if certain foods that I was eating during my "moderation" diet weren't the real culprits in what was ailing me. I have always been a voracious reader...and I decided to actually USE some of the knowledge that I had accumulated through the years.

Dairy products were the first items that I dropped, since I was a big cheese eater...and my digestive problems improved within mere days. This gave me the encouragement to do away with flour and sugar products next...and my pains started going away...while my energy level skyrocketed. I started weightlifting regularly...something that I had abandoned many years prior. In six months, my doctor could hardly BELIEVE my results.

I was at the OTB yesterday...and I got hungry. They don't serve anything to my liking there, so I got up to go to a nearby place where I know they serve fresh fish on an everyday basis. On the way out the door, I saw a steaming-hot sausage pizza sitting on the table of one of the customers there. Seeing that I was eyeing his lunch...the OTB patron kindly offered me a slice. I politely refused, and headed out the door...without a single thought on my mind that I was making any sort of "sacrifice". I know how many pizzas and burgers I have had in my life...and that is more than enough.

Yes, I too read those "doctors" who suggest those "moderation" diets...and I am not persuaded by their advice...because we are not in the same business. I want to remain as healthy and strong as I can...while the doctors are looking for repeat customers to write prescriptions for.

Tom
02-05-2016, 03:15 PM
On the way out the door, I saw a steaming-hot sausage pizza sitting on the table of one of the customers there. Seeing that I was eyeing his lunch...the OTB patron kindly offered me a slice. I politely refused, and headed out the door...

I have PM'd you my address and Fed Ex account number......:p:p:p

Grits
02-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Would've gone for the fresh fish, too. Any day. There's nothing that will make one's body feel more fatigue than heavy Italian food, especially that loaded with cheeses. Just can't hang.

Dahoss2002
02-05-2016, 04:50 PM
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it...and the doctors would be out of business.
I was actually being serious thask. I fish and garden and play the ponies

RaceBookJoe
02-05-2016, 08:07 PM
As far as daily/weekly supplements, only a multi-vitamin 2x week and a B12 1x week. I use ACV occasionally also..but not sure that's a supplement or food item.

Rarely get sick, but if feeling less than 100%, Colloidal Silver, Oil of Oregano and Garlic are on the list.

Diet : I have been Plant-Based for 4yrs now and have never had more energy in my life. Also nice to be 2 weeks away from 50 and approx. 160lbs @ 9-10% bodyfat ( 5'8" tall ). No matter what your diet consists of, you can always improve it by eating more veggies and fruits...they will not only help hydrate, but also are nutrient dense. I do have my vegan "cheats" such as the faux meats/cheeses/cookies etc...but I plan them into my normal eating routine. As far as the faux meats/cheeses...some brands are really good tasting, some not so much.

menifee
02-05-2016, 08:54 PM
You'll probably find that the Frontline price was sponsored and supported by drug campaniles Most studies against herbals you'll find were supported by companies with interest in pharmaceuticals again why? They want you buying their drugs

There is no difference to me between the drug companies and the supplement companies. They both sell false promises. Don't get me wrong - there are certain people born with conditions that need medications due to birth defects or genetic conditions. That is a fairly limited population. This notion that we need to medicate everything (blood pressure, cholesterol, mild pain) constantly has created sicker and Addicted Americans and does not improve quality of life. The supplement companies and the drug companies are doing more damage to our livers than the adult beverage companies. Exercise and eating only when hungry and eating the righting things is typically the right formula.

plainolebill
02-06-2016, 03:38 AM
I take a lot of supplements, I never took any until I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 12 years ago. I've changed my diet a lot since then too, very little red meat and no dairy products at all.

I don't know how much all of that helps but I'm not willing to change things and find out. Of those supplements I take the one I would give up last would be D3.

howardjim
02-06-2016, 11:21 AM
"You're peeing money down the toilet."

I've taken 6 grams of Vitamin C daily for 40+ years and attribute my excellent health to that, an excellent though rich diet, daily exercise and a full range of other supplements.

The notion that eating well overcomes all misses the point that modern living imposes exponential stresses, chemical additives and air/water of dubious quality.

Linus Pauling, a dual Nobel laureate and proponent of ascorbic acid, was asked why consume large quantities when, after it's beneficial interactions, it simply passes as urine. He replied " I can't think of a better exit than the prostate gland."

Everyone's dietary needs are hard to quantify but worthy of research and trial and error.

davew
02-06-2016, 12:47 PM
My daily Regiment:

Garlic 1200mg 2x
Maca w/ Ginseng 500mg 2x
Aloe Vera 5000mg 1x
Fo-Ti 1000mg 2x
Beta Sisterol 160mg 2x
Saw palmetto 450mg 2x
Biotin 5000mcg 2x
Acai Berry 500mg 2x
Ginko Biloba 1200mg 2x
Fish Oil 1200mg 2x
Niacin 500mg 1x
Sea Kelp 225 mcg 1x
Multi Vitamin 1x
Huperzine A 200mcg 1x
Kidney Care 1x
Vitamin D-3 2000mg 1x
Goji Berry 500mg 1x
DHT Blocker 1x

I like your diet, what brand(s) supplements do you use?
How many calories is this? - most pills are largely filler
Do you spread them throughout the day, or just a couple times?
Do you drink lots of water?

upthecreek
02-06-2016, 01:27 PM
I like your diet, what brand(s) supplements do you use?
How many calories is this? - most pills are largely filler
Do you spread them throughout the day, or just a couple times?
Do you drink lots of water?
No calories except fish oil(50)
The 2x a day morning/night and the 1x @ night
Water-between 3 QTS and a gal. a day

vadinho
02-06-2016, 01:46 PM

The advocated diet is certainly better than the Standard American Diet (SAD); and you'll definitely feel the best you've EVER felt. (After all, SAD leaves you feeling like shit most of the time.) But your system will still not be alkaline given the animal consumption. And you will thus not really be healthy as acidic systems are breeding grounds for disease.

thaskalos
02-06-2016, 02:08 PM
The advocated diet is certainly better than the Standard American Diet (SAD); and you'll definitely feel the best you've EVER felt. (After all, SAD leaves you feeling like shit most of the time.) But your system will still not be alkaline given the animal consumption. And you will thus not really be healthy as acidic systems are breeding grounds for disease.
I tried the meatless version of this diet for about a year...and I wasn't totally satisfied with the results. I feel that it behooves us to truly listen to our bodies. One size doesn't fit all...IMO.

vadinho
02-06-2016, 02:41 PM
I tried the meatless version of this diet for about a year...and I wasn't totally satisfied with the results. I feel that it behooves us to truly listen to our bodies. One size doesn't fit all...IMO.

Plenty of stories about veg or vegan diets not working for individuals. The most prominent example is the Dali Lama, who consumes animals, paradoxically enough. Guess the ole socialization is too tough for Dali to break. Unfortunately, this is not something subjective but natural law: if you consume animals (or their products) your system will not be alkaline. Of course, we're discussing the upper level here and, certainly, when the psychological impact is extreme then it's better to scale it down.

thaskalos
02-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Plenty of stories about veg or vegan diets not working for individuals. The most prominent example is the Dali Lama, who consumes animals, paradoxically enough. Guess the ole socialization is too tough for Dali to break. Unfortunately, this is not something subjective but natural law: if you consume animals (or their products) your system will not be alkaline. Of course, we're discussing the upper level here and, certainly, when the psychological impact is extreme then it's better to scale it down.

"Progress, not perfection"...that's my motto.

Robert Fischer
02-06-2016, 08:37 PM
I've been having bad leg cramps the last couple months, so today I bought some bananas(potassium) and almonds(magnesium), as well as some magnesium vitamins.

Hoping this does the trick.

RaceBookJoe
02-07-2016, 10:58 AM

Be interesting to see the actually diet/food choice they followed. Vegan doesn't always mean healthy, and most who try do it wrong. I know a bunch of vegans who are junk food vegans. They will have fruit for breakfast, then will do get some vegan cookies and French fries..or, they think that just because something is vegan they can eat as much as they want. Same thing kind of happened back in the 80's when the "Fat-Free" foods came out and people would eat the whole package of Snackwell cookies thinking they were healthy because they were fat free. Calories still matter. Some go vegan, and actually undereat, so they get weak and skinny/frail. You can eat 3 huge salads a day and be really full, but might only hit 1000 calories...which is way too low for the average person.

RaceBookJoe
02-07-2016, 11:07 AM
I've been having bad leg cramps the last couple months, so today I bought some bananas(potassium) and almonds(magnesium), as well as some magnesium vitamins.

Hoping this does the trick.

New client of mine just complained about this to me the other day. Potassium/Magnesium could help. Same with making sure you are hydrated and possibly stretching the legs, esp the hamstrings where most people get tight. Calcium is something else that could help, but keep doing what you are doing and if no help add in the stretching...and always stay hydrated.

proximity
02-25-2020, 01:46 AM
sorry to bump an old thread but I've had some surprisingly fast success taking curcumin with ginger and black pepper extract.

any other pace handicappers using this stuff?

RunForTheRoses
02-25-2020, 07:16 AM
sorry to bump an old thread but I've had some surprisingly fast success taking curcumin with ginger and black pepper extract.

Hey Prox

I do take curcumin and a separate supplement that has fish oils plus black pepper. Haven't really seen dramatic results at all, if it is doing anything it is subtle.

proximity
02-25-2020, 01:25 PM
Hey Prox

I do take curcumin and a separate supplement that has fish oils plus black pepper. Haven't really seen dramatic results at all, if it is doing anything it is subtle.

what kind of fish oil is that run??

I just ordered some from innovixlabs but confess to being late to the party on this supplement.

https://innovixlabs.com/products/triple-strength-omega-3

hope everyone in the thread is well!!

46zilzal
02-25-2020, 01:31 PM
If you take UNREGULATED medication (no consistency in dosage pharmacological availability, quality, impurities questionable efficacy) you get what you take

RunForTheRoses
02-25-2020, 02:43 PM
what kind of fish oil is that run??

I just ordered some from innovixlabs but confess to being late to the party on this supplement.

https://innovixlabs.com/products/triple-strength-omega-3

hope everyone in the thread is well!!

This one, sold at whole foods, usually take M-F then skip weekend. It is a little pricey.

https://store.draxe.com/products/ancient-omegas-whole-body

Has astaxanthin in it which has some benefits:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.huffpost.com/entry/astaxanthin_b_2750910/amp

woodtoo
02-25-2020, 02:58 PM

I started taking Webber brand Turmeric Curcumin (3,050mg)a year ago for joint pain after a 3 month carpentry job left me quite sore.
I was pain free within weeks and continue to take.
Happy with results.:ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
02-26-2020, 03:40 PM

If you are unfamiliar w/ what I'm about to say, ask your doctor whether a "450-inhibitor" (black pepper extract, piperine, Bioperine) affects any of your medications.

Can PM me if you would like me to check a medicine for you.

supplement i'd recommend everyone at PA consider = Psyllium Husk (whole organic).
Basically it is the healthy ingredient in Metamucil.
Cheap, safe for almost everyone, useful for constipation or diarrhea, or as a semi-regular dietary fiber source.

coachv30
02-26-2020, 04:10 PM

Spot on with this!!:ThmbUp:

Anyone read the book titled, "The China Study"?

proximity
02-27-2020, 12:17 AM
If you are unfamiliar w/ what I'm about to say, ask your doctor whether a "450-inhibitor" (black pepper extract, piperine, Bioperine) affects any of your medications.

Can PM me if you would like me to check a medicine for you.

supplement i'd recommend everyone at PA consider = Psyllium Husk (whole organic).
Basically it is the healthy ingredient in Metamucil.
Cheap, safe for almost everyone, useful for constipation or diarrhea, or as a semi-regular dietary fiber source.

i don't take any medications but thanks to you, run, and woodtoo for the updated recommendations. it is interesting to hear what everyone is doing. :ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
02-27-2020, 12:32 PM
i don't take any medications but thanks to you, run, and woodtoo for the updated recommendations. it is interesting to hear what everyone is doing. :ThmbUp:

:ThmbUp:
Nice. That keeps it simple.

RunForTheRoses
03-20-2020, 11:56 AM
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/no_author/the-coronavirus-is-not-causing-deaths-weak-immune-systems-are/

Just posting for whoever is interested. The author Bill Sardi I cannot find full bio info on. Apparently not an MD but I would be curious as to where he went to school and what degrees. Anyone know?

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2020, 03:42 PM
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/no_author/the-coronavirus-is-not-causing-deaths-weak-immune-systems-are/

Just posting for whoever is interested. The author Bill Sardi I cannot find full bio info on. Apparently not an MD but I would be curious as to where he went to school and what degrees. Anyone know?Somebody posted this video the other day....same deal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFczfwW99kU

Robert Fischer
03-20-2020, 04:33 PM
vitamin c
selenium
zinc

some basic vitamins that will mildly support your immune system, but will not stop a virus.

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2020, 05:00 PM
If you want to support/boost your immune system, nothing better IMO than AHCC.

Google it.

Currently sold out on Amazon...of course...

It's expensive...but worth every penny.

hyipro
03-21-2020, 01:00 AM
I have been using the TESPO custom made vit. system the last few months
and it has made a big difference for me, basically it is custom made based
on various individual traits age, energy, etc. It cost 70 dollars a month, and
after you do the setup, you buy the dispenser, insert the cartridge press the
button, and it mixes with water, once a day in the morning, here is the link
for https://gettespo.com/ for those interested