PDA

View Full Version : SuperPacs in Politics?

Flysofree
02-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Should wealthy donors be allowed to hide behind as a way of giving? It gives me a bad impression.

Greyfox
02-02-2016, 08:55 AM
Should wealthy donors be allowed to hide behind as a way of giving? It gives me a bad impression.

Why not?

On the plus side, getting money out of the vaults of the rich stimulates the economy.
Candidates shouldn't feel beholden to anyone who backs their campaign, but many likely do.

Flysofree
02-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Why not?

On the plus side, getting money out of the vaults of the rich stimulates the economy.
Candidates shouldn't feel beholden to anyone who backs their campaign, but many likely do.

Why not? Let people know who you are and where your money comes from? Don't try to play these silly games. The candidates know more than they let on about.
On the positive side, they didn't help J. Bush in Iowa.

Greyfox
02-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Why not? Let people know who you are and where your money comes from? Don't try to play these silly games. The candidates know more than they let on about.
On the positive side, they didn't help J. Bush in Iowa.

If they were hoping down the road to get favors from Jeb, they are s--t out of luck.
If names had to be published it would be more transparent, but less would donate to these Superpacs for sure.
Yes it would be more transparent.
But the economy would be stimulated less.
There is no problem with Superpacs.
The problem lies in candidates who feel they have to repay them with some type of pork barrel agenda down the road.

Flysofree
02-02-2016, 09:28 AM
Stimulating the economy? Are you serious. It's attempting to buying influence and anyone that thinks otherwise is from another planet. Also I'm not certain if one with Billions in contributions from such "pacs" isn't able to buy more tv air time for commercials, unless that's regulated. But I doubt it.

azeri98
02-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Stimulating the economy? Are you serious. It's attempting to buying influence and anyone that thinks otherwise is from another planet. Also I'm not certain if one with Billions in contributions from such "pacs" isn't able to buy more tv air time for commercials, unless that's regulated. But I doubt it.
Couldn't agree more it does nothing to stimulate the economy except pay for ads and campaign officials. All these politicians are bought and paid for. Why do you think these rich guys donate to superpacs, out of the goodness of their heart? No, its because they now have something owed to them.

Greyfox
02-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Stimulating the economy? Are you serious. It's attempting to buying influence and anyone that thinks otherwise is from another planet. .

Of course they are trying to buy influence.
But it does stimulate the economy.

PaceAdvantage
02-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Should wealthy donors be allowed to hide behind as a way of giving? It gives me a bad impression.In the same vein, should the Democratic party be allowed to elect candidates whose main goal is to naturalize all these illegal immigrants in the hopes they can corner the market on votes?

THAT, in my opinion, is FAR WORSE than rich fat cats giving money to candidates...because at least BOTH SIDES are guilty of this BIG TIME, so it tends to even out.

Tom
02-02-2016, 10:38 AM
All of our elected officials are bought and paid for, so why not?
Anyone of the opinion that they are not all whores? :rolleyes:

MutuelClerk
02-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Whores who have put us 19 trillion dollars in debt. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this isn't working too well.

Tom
02-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Term limits are the only way to safeguard the country.
Those who make the laws MUST live under those laws and only spend a minimum of time in government. Professional government people are NEVER worth a crap. They just DO NOT represent anyone but themselves and their parties. You can't phone it it. You have to be a part of it and live it.
Right now, our government is an elite group above the people.

Rookies
02-02-2016, 12:25 PM
If they were hoping down the road to get favors from Jeb, they are s--t out of luck.
If names had to be published it would be more transparent, but less would donate to these Superpacs for sure.
Yes it would be more transparent.
But the economy would be stimulated less.
There is no problem with Superpacs.
The problem lies in candidates who feel they have to repay them with some type of pork barrel agenda down the road.

Whaaaaaaaaat! :lol:

The only thing more absurd than democracy being transformed into highly paid whores by Capone like payola, is ANYBODY thinking the payola isn't for servicing Capone! :bang: :lol: :bang: