PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished Computers?

Flysofree
02-02-2016, 08:43 AM
What type of standard warranty if any, do they usually come with? For someone like me, I don't know if the reward equals the price.

upthecreek
02-02-2016, 12:23 PM
What type of standard warranty if any, do they usually come with? For someone like me, I don't know if the reward equals the price.
I'm buying a refurb laptop that comes with a year warranty Some offer 30-90days You can all purchase a warranty from square trade

MJC922
02-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Consider the Dell Outlet web site. I believe they give the same warranty there as buying a new system even on refurbs. I personally wouldn't buy a refurb from them though... filter to 'previously ordered new' as opposed to refurbished or scratch and dent. Sometimes you pay half of retail on brand new systems.

Red Knave
02-03-2016, 09:49 AM
I have bought refurbs many times in the past and have yet to be disappointed. The warranty is often 90 days or less but that's usually long enough. I also make sure it's a manufacturer refurb as opposed to a vendor refurb..

tucker6
02-03-2016, 11:22 AM
what are refurbished computers going for these days? I ask because the wife just bought a new laptop for $380 with 8 meg memory and 1 terrabyte hard drive. Seems cheap enough for me. It's not for gaming but does everything else well.

ArlJim78
02-03-2016, 07:22 PM
I recently took the plunge and bought a refurb desktop. I had reservations going in, but was pleasantly surprised. In fact I turned right around and bought a refurb laptop as well. The desktop cost me around $500, the laptop $316.
No issues, in fact both start-up very quickly and perform well.

highnote
02-06-2016, 07:49 PM
I bought two refurbished ipads 4 years ago and they are still going strong. 1/2 the price of new ones. Got them directly from apple's website.

I bought 2 refurbished iphones from my carrier. They work fine, but they sent me non-apple chargers. One of the chargers has already died and the cables are cheap. I knew as soon as I held the chargers in my hand they weren't of apple quality.

My carrier did offer to deduct the cost of new chargers from my bill. I may go to the apple store and buy real ones and send them the bill.