PDA

View Full Version : MVRC 1-30-16

gib
01-30-2016, 08:04 AM
I think that this is a difficult card to handicap. I guess this makes it a good wagering, if you hit a couple prices. I feel confident in zero horses.

Here are a few thoughts. I would be really interested in yours.

Race 2 - #5 I AM THE KING lands in one of the softest spots he's found in years; distance fits. #2 RUHL PAUL finished willingly 20Jan after losing ground turning for home. #1 FINE has been facing strong company; late running style is a concern. -

Race 6 - #4 PISCEAN REALIST might be classier and more versatile than first glance would suggest; gutsy finisher. #3 CROWD FAVORITE has been stalking lesser; quick early pace would give him a chance late. Most likely winners #1 TO THE TOP AND BACK or #6 PEARL OF WISDOM are in jeopardy of flaming each other out. A very contentious set of serious $4k claimers -

Race 8 - #1 ZEKE MCCOOL has been finishing with punch. #10 PLAYING WITH FIRE went evenly in a hot heat coming off a freshening 12Jan. #4 TRUE HEAVEN was full of run after extremely wide trip last time; returns to winning distance -

More "ramblings" and sorta live updates at http://shouttheodds.net/

lamboguy
01-30-2016, 09:31 AM
race 4 7

race 5 5

race 7 7

race 8 6

love betting Mahoning, thanks for all the work you and the postman do for us

gib
01-30-2016, 10:10 AM
race 4 7

race 5 5

race 7 7

race 8 6

Having MVR in town has been a blast for me. I am watching workouts now - expect a quick track. I post my stuff to encourage discussion. Thanks for chipping in. I need lots of help.

I see that you like Morales in the eighth. He will probably bite me in the a**!

Good luck - see you at the track someday?

gib
01-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Three horses out of the Mahoning Valley Sprint are running at Oaklawn in the different races today - haven't seen the pps but results will be interesting.

gib
01-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Trackman says track will be fast but slow times based on workouts this morning.

rrpic6
01-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Spot Plays for MVRC 1-30-16:

Race 5. #8 Dyved. Lots to love here but the price. A late scratch of the ML favorite stinks, as he was a definite bet against type. This guy has a nice steady set of works for a top notch trainer that does really well with youngsters. He's also a 1st time gelding.
#6 Run Dan Run. Michigan bred has run decently here in all 3 tries. Nice to see works between races. Won't belong before he breaks maiden.

Race 8. #12 Parktown. Claimed out of Sullivan's barn earlier this week by a low percentage trainer. He was left at the gate in 1st race back since May. Rushed up to the lead then faded. Smart move to wheel him back so soon, as its likely he will be claimed right back.
#6 Jessethemarine. Moves into a crafty barn that loves to win races. He's well traveled and might like it at Mahoning.
#4 True Heaven. Could be a wild finish and this one will be motoring late. The last race at MVR usually wrecks havoc. Use #2 Grabthemoneyandrun somewhere. Exits fastest fractions ever put up here in a race on 1-11. The 6th place finisher came back to win Wednesday.

Good Luck
RR

lamboguy
01-30-2016, 12:56 PM
I AM THE KING is a 10 year old, he should be racing at the bottom now. my favorite trainer had him originally.

gib
01-30-2016, 01:00 PM
I AM THE KING is a 10 year old, he should be racing at the bottom now. my favorite trainer had him originally.
When he can't beat those he's in trouble. Nice call.

gib
01-30-2016, 04:15 PM
race 4 7

race 5 5

race 7 7

race 8 6

Much wiser than I Nabu was an easy winner