PDA

View Full Version : Shagaf

magwell
01-29-2016, 08:04 PM
What a nice colt this is, seen him up close today he could be any kind, Neat as a pin with no wasted action, looked the part........:cool:

ebcorde
01-29-2016, 09:05 PM
What a nice colt this is, seen him up close today he could be any kind, Neat as a pin with no wasted action, looked the part........:cool:

thanks for the scouting report

menifee
01-30-2016, 04:06 AM
I thought he looked really good on paper and the first 3/4 of a mile. Seemed to really struggle in the stretch.

Kash$
01-30-2016, 07:47 AM
I thought he looked really good on paper and the first 3/4 of a mile. Seemed to really struggle in the stretch.

AGREE

magwell
01-30-2016, 08:47 AM
I thought he looked really good on paper and the first 3/4 of a mile. Seemed to really struggle in the stretch.Funny how people watch a race and see it so different.... "(Ortiz) said basically from the quarter-pole home he had absolutely nobody around him to keep him focused. It's only his second career start. He started to maybe let up a little bit before the wire and he had to get after him a little bit. He said on the gallop out when he heard the horses coming behind him and tried to pull him up, he tried to break again."

cj
01-30-2016, 12:00 PM
This is the race I did video work for, along with races 6 and 11, the other mile dirt races. This race was faster than the reported time by a couple lengths.

magwell
03-05-2016, 06:25 PM
He got a good
"schooling" from this race today, should move forward if he stays sound........:)

Robert Fischer
03-05-2016, 06:51 PM
beautiful horse, Chad's got him muscled-up and in great condition

He still hasn't flashed a Grade-1-brilliant type of performance

Today he likely won against the grain/bias, so you have to upgrade that a little bit.

He's been highly regarded/touted so there isn't a ton of value until he gets to the big dance and faces his 'coworker'(fellow Shadwell Stables runner Mohaymen).

Grits
03-05-2016, 07:33 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/98182/shadwells-shagaf-prevails-in-gotham-stakes

horses4courses
03-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Nice photo taken by Penelope Miller.

Penelope P. Miller ‏@PenelopePMiller 2m2 minutes ago
@DanonymousMan I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I really appreciate the kind words!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cc0mXxdW0AAmtbh.jpg

EMD4ME
03-05-2016, 08:51 PM

That is a NICE photo!

menifee
03-05-2016, 09:13 PM
I was really against him today. He proved me wrong today. Still don't think he's that good. They seemed to really struggle in the latter part of that race. 87 beyer. Once again NY series is lacking for Triple Crown talent.

Tom
03-05-2016, 09:33 PM
THAT is one cooooool photo. :ThmbUp:

Parson
03-06-2016, 09:45 AM
He ran well there is no doubt. There is something to consider if he is your choice for the Run for the Roses; no Gotham winner has won the Ky Derby since 1980

Alwaysonpoint36
03-06-2016, 10:47 AM

what a great shot :)

PowerUpPaynter
03-06-2016, 01:04 PM
great picture terrible beyer.. im not a buyer... im tossing all NY horses out for the derby win until one beats me.

Secondbest
03-06-2016, 02:32 PM
great picture terrible beyer.. im not a buyer... im tossing all NY horses out for the derby win until one beats me.
Last fraction in 34. Bias or no Thats not too good.

magwell
04-07-2016, 10:33 PM
Last fraction in 34. Bias or no Thats not too good.True, but the "schooling" he got in the Gotham should help him this Saturday.........;)

magwell
04-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Post position should also be in his favor tomorrow, also a off track shouldn't be a problem.....;)

boys at tosconova
04-11-2016, 10:49 AM
awfulness...laoban didn't run well either

magwell
04-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Post position should also be in his favor tomorrow, also a off track shouldn't be a problem.....;)Very disappointing effort in this race his action was not good , maybe it was the track ?

boys at tosconova
04-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Very disappointing effort in this race his action was not good , maybe it was the track ?

maybe........the horse was never this far back in any of his races. maybe a mulligan is in order.

boys at tosconova
04-23-2016, 01:59 AM
shagaf was cut off going for the first turn by adventist and had to pull up,..then down the backstretch ortiz ran him into a wall of horses only to get checked once again. he was still fighting hard in the stretch to boot. i see a few mishaps that explain quite a bit..and in the off track and you could have another.

horse is going to be long odds and i expect the horse to be closer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWXVn1g0DwQ

Lemon Drop Husker
04-23-2016, 06:42 AM
Thought this horse was a pretender before the Wood. Why would I change my mind after that disaster?

Ink won't dry on my form before I cross him off.

boys at tosconova
04-23-2016, 03:24 PM
Thought this horse was a pretender before the Wood. Why would I change my mind after that disaster?

Ink won't dry on my form before I cross him off.

well,...wood horses never seems to fire..and ones coming off a troubled/bad race will easily garner even less attention. but there were legit excuses for the horse...but if you don't respect outlook you prolly won't respect shaq-fu.

he will be mega odds and could be in better position than most

magwell
04-24-2016, 04:21 PM
maybe........the horse was never this far back in any of his races. maybe a mulligan is in order.After watching his work yesterday his action was great on a fast CD track, maybe it was the off track at AQ........:confused:

boys at tosconova
04-24-2016, 04:50 PM
After watching his work yesterday his action was great on a fast CD track, maybe it was the off track at AQ........:confused:

is it me or did it not look like he was grabbing the track well?... didn't like the way he looked in the work

will the admin plz fix the coding withe the youtube videos. there should not be any problems. a simple cut paste adding vids in vbulletin is easy. you somehow have messed this up

CI-XKvId9jg

magwell
04-24-2016, 05:02 PM
http://www.twinspires.com/blog/2016...-workout-videos (http://www.twinspires.com/blog/2016/4/23/2016-kentucky-derby-workout-videos)

PaceMasterT
04-24-2016, 08:36 PM
After watching his work yesterday his action was great on a fast CD track, maybe it was the off track at AQ........:confused:

He has not finished well in last three races, regardless of surface condition. The wood was run the same as the bluegrass, arkansas derby, and santa anita derby. The difference was that there wasn't a horse good enough to capitalize on the pace scenario and pass Outwork. That is why a maiden almost won. Had Outwork been in any of those other races, he would have been multiple lengths behind the winner.

boys at tosconova
04-24-2016, 09:24 PM
He has not finished well in last three races, regardless of surface condition. The wood was run the same as the bluegrass, arkansas derby, and santa anita derby. The difference was that there wasn't a horse good enough to capitalize on the pace scenario and pass Outwork. That is why a maiden almost won. Had Outwork been in any of those other races, he would have been multiple lengths behind the winner.

lol...yeah..shaq looked bad in his last 3 starts leading up to the wood..and thanks for clearing up that the wood was raced at 1/1/8 and outwork was also crap based on time...not track condition

PaceMasterT
04-24-2016, 09:51 PM
lol...yeah..shaq looked bad in his last 3 starts leading up to the wood..and thanks for clearing up that the wood was raced at 1/1/8 and outwork was also crap based on time...not track condition

Definitely didn't say that Outwork ran a crap race. These are 3 year olds and can surprise you in their next race. (People forget that a lot of the time.) Outwork ran the best race of those in the Wood. How that translates into the next race is for you to discern as a handicapper. In my opinion, Outwork was the most talented horse entered in the Wood, but I was still looking for who could upset him because I was not sold on him. I got on the last placed horse in that race. Poor handicapping on my part, but that doesn't mean I should anoint Outwork the king of the 3 year old crop. My opinion should not sway you in any way. A win is a win. Any horse that can win a graded stakes prep race is a serious contender. In this game though, you have to take definitive stance, and my stance has to be that the horses in the Wood and by association the other 3 yo. Aqu races this year are far inferior to the other 3 yos. running this year. Thus, in order to avoid a 20 horse superfecta box, I'm throwing out all of the NY horses. Does that mean I'm going to hit my Superfeta wheel for the Derby? Hell no, I haven't hit one yet. But, as a handicapper, you have to make a stand and whittle your bet down to a decent risk reward proposition.

minethatbird08
04-24-2016, 10:47 PM
The updated Bris Derby PPs have Hector Rosario Jr. getting the mount. I'm guessing this is some kind of typo?

boys at tosconova
04-24-2016, 10:50 PM
The updated Bris Derby PPs have Hector Rosario Jr. getting the mount. I'm guessing this is some kind of typo?

180 lb brother to joel....the shaq camp likes to live dangerously

boys at tosconova
04-24-2016, 11:08 PM
Definitely didn't say that Outwork ran a crap race. These are 3 year olds and can surprise you in their next race. (People forget that a lot of the time.) Outwork ran the best race of those in the Wood. How that translates into the next race is for you to discern as a handicapper. In my opinion, Outwork was the most talented horse entered in the Wood, but I was still looking for who could upset him because I was not sold on him. I got on the last placed horse in that race. Poor handicapping on my part, but that doesn't mean I should anoint Outwork the king of the 3 year old crop. My opinion should not sway you in any way. A win is a win. Any horse that can win a graded stakes prep race is a serious contender. In this game though, you have to take definitive stance, and my stance has to be that the horses in the Wood and by association the other 3 yo. Aqu races this year are far inferior to the other 3 yos. running this year. Thus, in order to avoid a 20 horse superfecta box, I'm throwing out all of the NY horses. Does that mean I'm going to hit my Superfeta wheel for the Derby? Hell no, I haven't hit one yet. But, as a handicapper, you have to make a stand and whittle your bet down to a decent risk reward proposition.

dude..go back and read what you wrote. it's bloody mess of a post.

magwell
04-30-2016, 01:13 PM
Word from CD he's training great, so far.........;)

boys at tosconova
04-30-2016, 04:06 PM
Word from CD he's training great, so far.........;)

i like him better than my first five out. the next 10 out is where it gets dicey