PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton on 60 minutes

cj
06-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Just got to watch it today as AFN carries the show on Mondays. After watching, it is easy to remember what got him elected. The guy has charisma. Love him or hate him, you have to give him that.

The hard part watching was he is just so hard to believe. After all the lies he was caught in, and the sincerity with which he delivered those lies, it is hard to believe anything he says.

I was going to order the book, but the only way I'm reading a 900+ page book is...well, there is no way in hell I'm reading a 900 page book, and I'm an avid reader.

Tom
06-21-2004, 06:15 PM
More truth in a Harry Potter book!:)

Dave Schwartz
06-21-2004, 06:32 PM
CJ,

I heard that in the middle somewhere he tells people how to pick more winners at the track. <G>

Dave

Tom
06-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Dave,
What he really said said was "I had a pack of whinners on the attack!"

kenwoodallpromos
06-24-2004, 02:05 AM
Relative moralism.

JustRalph
06-24-2004, 09:00 AM
I think he should be indicted for contradicting his grand jury testimony in his new book. But of course he would say he lied in the book..........not at the grand jury.............

it is illegal to lie to a grand jury ........but not in a book.

I notice the media complained of "too much Reagan" after 6 days. Let's see if they do the same for Clinton..............

chickenhead
06-24-2004, 02:30 PM
watched him on Charlie Rose last night. one quote stuck out to me, he said it twice:

The choice or debate come Novemeber is whether we (the US) should:

do what we want when we can and cooperate when we have to.

or

cooperate when we can and do what we want when we have to.

I actually thought that was fairly coherent, I'm sure some of you will disagree. There is one thing I will say for Bill, he is just a masterful politician. He has got some skills.

Tom
06-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Funny how he and Hillary could never recall a damn ting under oath, but both wrote books later on.
Bill is a liar. You can never, ever, belive a thing he says. I can only surmize,from his populairty, that 50% of Americans are blithering idiots.

JustRalph
06-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Next Week on Sixty Minutes Dan Rather Gives Clinton a Lewinsky!

tune in..........

the whole damn show is turning into an arm of the DNC