PDA

View Full Version : Democratic/Republican ticket

highnote
01-27-2016, 07:03 PM
If Clinton wins the nomination who is her running mate?

If Sanders wins the nomination who is his running mate?

I suggest that whoever wins they should ask the other to be their running mate. So it would be Clinton/Sanders or Sanders/Clinton.

Seems like that ticket would get a lot of votes either way.

Would the same sort of ticket work with the Republicans?

Cruz/Rubio, Rubio/Cruz, Rubio/Trump, Trump/Rubio, Cruz/Trump, Trump/Cruz?

_______
01-27-2016, 08:59 PM
Bernie Sanders isn't winning the nomination and certainly won't be Clinton's VP nominee. As much as Clinton wants his supporters in a general election, she won't need to do much more than continue breathing to have it once Super Tuesday is over.

Sanders represents an ideological slice of the Democratic coalition that isn't going to abandon the party if it doesn't get it's way. She may offer him something in the way of planks in the platform but certainly has no need to go much beyond that.

highnote
01-27-2016, 09:30 PM
Bernie Sanders isn't winning the nomination and certainly won't be Clinton's VP nominee. As much as Clinton wants his supporters in a general election, she won't need to do much more than continue breathing to have it once Super Tuesday is over.

Sanders represents an ideological slice of the Democratic coalition that isn't going to abandon the party if it doesn't get it's way. She may offer him something in the way of planks in the platform but certainly has no need to go much beyond that.

That sounds reasonable.

zico20
01-28-2016, 12:30 AM
Hillary will never pick Sanders as her VP. She really needs to go for a non controversial selection that is a white male who is not too liberal. Plus, he should be as young as possible.

zico20
01-28-2016, 12:32 AM

I suggest that whoever wins they should ask the other to be their running mate. So it would be Clinton/Sanders or Sanders/Clinton.

Trump is running out of people to be his VP. He has crucified everyone. His selection will have to come out of left field, like McCain did with Palin.

forced89
01-28-2016, 01:11 AM
If Hillary wins, Biden will be her running mate. My guess though is that she will have to withdraw because of email issue and the Dems will nominate Biden for President at their convention.

Right now the whole Republican thing is a crap shoot and won't be decided for months.

Tom
01-28-2016, 07:43 AM
If Clinton wins the nomination who is her running mate? SATAN!

If Sanders wins the nomination who is his running mate? Castro.

Tom
01-28-2016, 07:44 AM
If Hillary wins, Biden will be her running mate. My guess though is that she will have to withdraw because of email issue and the Dems will nominate Biden for President at their convention.

Right now the whole Republican thing is a crap shoot and won't be decided for months.

Biden will be at the ready when Hillary goes to prison.

elysiantraveller
01-28-2016, 09:16 AM

People on the other side of the fence should take note...

Good analysis. She'll pick O'Malley or Booker I would think.

Robert Fischer
01-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Trump is likely to select Megyn Kelly as his VP.

MutuelClerk
01-28-2016, 09:44 AM
I think Trump will select his daughter.

Nutz and Boltz
01-28-2016, 10:54 AM
I think Trump will select his daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diMp241gAcw :D

ebcorde
01-28-2016, 11:04 AM

Hillary will chose a woman.
Republicans will chose a woman. (the one in South Carolina)

who knows with Bernie, a Muslim perhaps? :)

ebcorde
01-28-2016, 11:06 AM

e-mail issue? she don't look worried to me.

barahona44
01-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Trump will pick someone as bland as possible, no one is allowed to upstage the Donald. John Kasich mighr be a good choice, Ohio is important and Kasich has a steady demeanor about him that voters find reassuring.

kingfin66
01-30-2016, 03:16 PM
Trump will pick someone as bland as possible, no one is allowed to upstage the Donald. John Kasich mighr be a good choice, Ohio is important and Kasich has a steady demeanor about him that voters find reassuring.

In my opinion, Kasich has a sour demeanor that is proving to be a liability during this race. A friend of mine knows him from their days at Lehman Brothers and assures me that he is quite prickly and the unpleasantness is real.

reckless
01-30-2016, 05:10 PM
Scott Walker or Rick Perry will be ideal choices as Trump's veep.

I was surprised that both of them packed in the towel so soon in this race, but both are able to 'help' the ticket, where the others are questionable one way or the other.

Walker appeals to the Midwest voters and their values and will deflect those who think Trump's New York values is a liability.

Perry is a great campaigner and has a strong service and military background, which never hurts in time of War.

Trump with Walker/Perry could sweep the nation!

Tom
01-30-2016, 05:20 PM
Perry has three things going for him:

1. He is a governor with executive experience
2. He is a good campaigner
3. uh, uh, um, uh.....................

Marshall Bennett
01-30-2016, 06:21 PM
The thought of Rick Perry in the white house is creepy. This coming from a die-hard Texan. :ThmbDown:

fast4522
01-30-2016, 07:38 PM

He has listened to the voice behind his ear in his head so far and been in the lead. Look for him to avoid everyone who has been in government too long.

barahona44
01-30-2016, 09:29 PM
He has listened to the voice behind his ear in his head so far and been in the lead. Look for him to avoid everyone who has been in government too long.
Trump isn't running for dictator, Presidents have to deal with Congress to get anything accomplished.Personally, I think most members of the Senate and House spend more time on their haircuts than the country's issues but they are part of the equation.

fast4522
01-30-2016, 09:45 PM
Trump isn't running for dictator, Presidents have to deal with Congress to get anything accomplished.Personally, I think most members of the Senate and House spend more time on their hair styles than the country's issues but they are part of the equation.

Profile Donald Trump, forget stupid projections. Then come up with a short list, be advised he surrounds himself with people who are much smarter than John Kasich. I have not given it much thought, but I bet his pick will be younger than Kasich is should he clinch the nomination.

Tom
01-30-2016, 11:22 PM
Cruz and Rubio....a Canadian and a Cuban going to keep Mexicans out of America.

xtb
01-30-2016, 11:51 PM
A state assemblyman from our area is certain that when Clinton is forced to drop out, there will be a Biden/Cuomo ticket. God help us.

MutuelClerk
01-31-2016, 07:43 AM
Trump was right about Perry. He wears glasses hoping to look intelligent. Perry would be a terrible choice as VP.

Rookies
01-31-2016, 08:46 AM
Perry has three things going for him:

1. He is a governor with executive experience
2. He is a good campaigner
3. uh, uh, um, uh.....................

:lol: :bang: :lol:

Yep, being able to get to 2 is the limit of the Texarse Publique skoolin'! :rolleyes:

fast4522
01-31-2016, 10:28 AM
All of this is premature, the landscape can change overnight. Donald Trump could implode or others could be correct and has been under polling and runs the table. I think Hillary Clinton will be the nominee but it is possible Bernie Sanders could catch on fire. The only thing I am certain about at this point is that on both sides there are no people currently running that will be on anyone's short list.

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2016, 12:31 PM
How off the wall is the idea that Clinton tabs Biden to be her VP? Would he want to do this? I take it there would be no constitutional restrictions? I'm too lazy to look that up.

I think if he's game, it would be a no-brainer for her...unless they hate each other...and that doesn't always negate the option since we're talking politics here...strange bedfellows and all...

horses4courses
02-01-2016, 12:41 PM
How off the wall is the idea that Clinton tabs Biden to be her VP? Would he want to do this? I take it there would be no constitutional restrictions? I'm too lazy to look that up.

I think if he's game, it would be a no-brainer for her...unless they hate each other...and that doesn't always negate the option since we're talking politics here...strange bedfellows and all...

Who knows?
It would definitely strengthen her ticket.

_______
02-01-2016, 01:05 PM

The 22nd amendment doesn't look like a barrier:

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several states within seven years from the date of its submission to the states by the Congress.

Nonetheless, I'd be surprised if the Clinton's weren't interested in anointing a younger potential successor for 2020 or 2024.

Saratoga_Mike
02-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Scott Walker or Rick Perry will be ideal choices as Trump's veep.

Didn't Trump call Perry an idiot? I guess that doesn't matter ... Perry just needs to praise Trump, and Trump will embrace him.

Tom
02-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Biden wold be a good choice, because he would become POTUS when Hillary goes to prison.

The dems are really worried about her numerous felonies and have no Plan B at this time. Bernie is NOT what the DNC wants.

Biden would be the escape they need.

horses4courses
02-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Biden wold be a good choice, because he would become POTUS when Hillary goes to prison.

The dems are really worried about her numerous felonies and have no Plan B at this time. Bernie is NOT what the DNC wants.

Biden would be the escape they need.

Hillary in prison? :lol:
She's not going anywhere except the WH.

You want to know why?
Look at what's on offer from the GOP.
She doesn't have to win this election......she can't lose it.

Tom
02-01-2016, 01:41 PM
You want to know why?

I know why - the Justice Department ignores the law.
You guys would put a person in the WH who deliberately put our national security and the lives of our people at risk for nothing more than her convenience.

Hillary is a traitor and needs to face a firing squad.

_______
02-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Didn't Trump call Perry an idiot? I guess that doesn't matter ... Perry just needs to praise Trump, and Trump will embrace him.

There is only 1 potential candidate that meets the zeitgeist of this Trump movement.

I think we will see a Donald J. Trump/Donald J. Trump ticket with Vice President Trump ready to step in on a moments notice.

In all seriousness, I think he may have some difficulty finding someone with any gravitas willing to be on the underbill with him.

reckless
02-01-2016, 02:11 PM

I find it hilarious that you'd think (1) Trump calling Perry an idiot, (2) it doesn't matter, (3) Perry just needs to praise Trump... should have any bearing on why Trump will select Perry as his Veep. :lol:

Once again, I need to remind you what the important issues of the 2016 presidential campaign are:

(1) Illegal immigration, amnesty and border security; (2) Defense and national security; (3) Jobs and the economy.

Trump is the only presidential candidate in both parties that have addressed these issues, and he is the only one with the ability and desire to do something about each issue.

Who is stronger than Trump on illegal immigration, defense and national security, and jobs and the economy? Some are better than the others (Cruz) but each of the other candidates have issues pertaining to the illegal immigration issue that are not in concert with the American people. And, how many private sector jobs have Cruz, Kasich, Bush, Rubio, Hillary, et al, created?

Aside from Trump, who else can get votes from moderates, Democrats, blue collar union men and women, Hispanics and blacks? Across the board, no one else is close.

Now, back to Rick Perry.

Perry is the highest vote getter in the history of Texas; strong on illegal immigration; created jobs by the ton in Texas, some say the best record of all the states; a veteran with strong support among vets.

I can't believe you don't see any this, but you seem to do,

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2016, 03:05 PM
But Perry has also been painted as GWB-lite...a real moron...by the left wing and mainstream media for the most part.

That's why his campaigns never get off the ground for President.

I doubt Trump would be that naive to consider him for VP.

And there are PLENTY of politicians who would jump at the chance of being Trump's VP...if indeed Trump goes for a more "established" guy or gal for VP.

Don't kid yourselves. These people are full of ego, and VP of the United States looks good on their resume.

zico20
02-01-2016, 03:45 PM
I find it hilarious that you'd think (1) Trump calling Perry an idiot, (2) it doesn't matter, (3) Perry just needs to praise Trump... should have any bearing on why Trump will select Perry as his Veep. :lol:

Once again, I need to remind you what the important issues of the 2016 presidential campaign are:

(1) Illegal immigration, amnesty and border security; (2) Defense and national security; (3) Jobs and the economy.

Trump is the only presidential candidate in both parties that have addressed these issues, and he is the only one with the ability and desire to do something about each issue.

Who is stronger than Trump on illegal immigration, defense and national security, and jobs and the economy? Some are better than the others (Cruz) but each of the other candidates have issues pertaining to the illegal immigration issue that are not in concert with the American people. And, how many private sector jobs have Cruz, Kasich, Bush, Rubio, Hillary, et al, created?

Aside from Trump, who else can get votes from moderates, Democrats, blue collar union men and women, Hispanics and blacks? Across the board, no one else is close.

Now, back to Rick Perry.

Perry is the highest vote getter in the history of Texas; strong on illegal immigration; created jobs by the ton in Texas, some say the best record of all the states; a veteran with strong support among vets.

Lets say Trump gets his way. He deports 12 million illegals then he lets most of them back into the country. (The good ones) He will then give them amnesty and citizenship. Do we really want all these illegals to get citizenship? Afterall, he did say in the past he supports amnesty for illegals.

Second, what happens after Mexico balks about having to pay for the wall. That is inevitable. What does Trump do next. So "oh well," and forget about it. Or does he cut a sweetheart of a deal with the Democrats to get the wall built. Remember, Trump is a businessman and will cut deals to get what he wants. You may not like the deals he cuts with Democrats on social and fiscal issues to get what his main priorities are.

Personally, I don't trust Trump to maintain conservative principles if elected. If he does become president, hopefully he will prove me wrong. To me, Cruz and Rubio are much more conservative than Trump, and will get my support first. One thing is for certain, Cruz and Rubio will appoint the most conservative supreme court justices they can. Trump, I am not so sure about.

reckless
02-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Lets say Trump gets his way. He deports 12 million illegals then he lets most of them back into the country. (The good ones) He will then give them amnesty and citizenship. Do we really want all these illegals to get citizenship? Afterall, he did say in the past he supports amnesty for illegals.

Second, what happens after Mexico balks about having to pay for the wall. That is inevitable. What does Trump do next. So "oh well," and forget about it. Or does he cut a sweetheart of a deal with the Democrats to get the wall built. Remember, Trump is a businessman and will cut deals to get what he wants. You may not like the deals he cuts with Democrats on social and fiscal issues to get what his main priorities are.

Personally, I don't trust Trump to maintain conservative principles if elected. If he does become president, hopefully he will prove me wrong. To me, Cruz and Rubio are much more conservative than Trump, and will get my support first. One thing is for certain, Cruz and Rubio will appoint the most conservative supreme court justices they can. Trump, I am not so sure about.

You do make good points Zico. Many of them I have also questioned in the past 5-6 months. But Bill Buckley always said that it is most important to nominate the most conservative candidate that can win in the general election. Trump is that person, even if he isn't as conservative as Cruz or Rubio, or Ben Carson or Rick Santorum.

But, this election is also for the survival of the country and we need a strong man, a leader and one with a proven history of success. A person who has gotten things done under a myriad of circumstances. All of Chris Christie's failures as governor are blamed on Democrats in the NJ state house. All of Hillary's failures are blamed on the right wing conspiracy. Enough of them. You won't hear any of that with Trump, I am sure.

If anyone on this board truly has an open mind, and if they watched the last Trump-less GOP debate on Fox, could anyone here say that we saw someone that will strike fear in the heart of the mainstream media, the Democrats and lefties, or the Islamo terrorists around the world? No one did. Trump became a more serious, more important, more likely, nominee and President by nights end.

Few if any of our current class of politicians have the brains, the onions, the competence and the resume of success and strength -- and most importantly, the issues -- as Trump has.

elysiantraveller
02-01-2016, 04:15 PM
You do make good points Zico. Many of them I have also questioned in the past 5-6 months. But Bill Buckley always said that it is most important to nominate the most conservative candidate that can win in the general election. Trump is that person, even if he isn't as conservative as Cruz or Rubio, or Ben Carson or Rick Santorum.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes... insulting the largest minority population in the country is a good start. Attacking women on their looks and whether they may or may not be in their menstrual cycles is good for votes too...

You people are insane...

I would point to the polls showing him fairing the worst out of anyone in the GOP field against Hillary but I know with you folks polls are meaningless unless they support your golden calf...

reckless
02-01-2016, 04:29 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes... insulting the largest minority population in the country is a good start. Attacking women on their looks and whether they may or may not be in their menstrual cycles is good for votes too...

You people are insane...

I would point to the polls showing him fairing the worst out of anyone in the GOP field against Hillary but I know with you folks polls are meaningless unless they support your golden calf...

I am sure the majority of women in this country really and truly identify with the loathsome criminal Hillary Clinton, or the 1% phony and failed CEO Carly Fiorina, or the barbie doll psuedo 'journalist' Megyn Kelly.

And, I am sure that both the majority of women and Hispanics (plus their children) will feel real safe and secure the next time an illegal alien drives while drunk into a crowded street and kills dozens. Or when the next Kate Steinle-type murder occurs in a sanctuary city near you.

They all will remember your post about Trump. :lol:

The insane and naive people are people like you.

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Yes... insulting the largest minority population in the country is a good start. Attacking women on their looks and whether they may or may not be in their menstrual cycles is good for votes too...What exactly did the largest minority group in the country have to be insulted about? I actually have listened to what Trump actually has said, both originally and subsequently. Others must be relying on the media as their interpreter of words.

And your last part was quite the stretch...Armstrong,...

elysiantraveller
02-01-2016, 04:36 PM
What exactly did the largest minority group in the country have to be insulted about? I actually have listened to what Trump actually has said, both originally and subsequently. Others must be relying on the media as their interpreter of words.

And your last part was quite the stretch...Armstrong,...

Rapists...?

"They're rapists and some... I assume... are good people."

But hey spin away PA.

elysiantraveller
02-01-2016, 04:45 PM
I am sure the majority of women in this country really and truly identify with the loathsome criminal Hillary Clinton, or the 1% phony and failed CEO Carly Fiorina, or the barbie doll psuedo 'journalist' Megyn Kelly.

And, I am sure that both the majority of women and Hispanics (plus their children) will feel real safe and secure the next time an illegal alien drives while drunk into a crowded street and kills dozens. Or when the next Kate Steinle-type murder occurs in a sanctuary city near you.

They all will remember your post about Trump. :lol:

The insane and naive people are people like you.

Bolded from your post...

"the most conservative candidate that can win in the general election. Trump is that person"

No, he isn't...

Trump's Gender Gap (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/donald-trump-2016-women-voters-217086)

Or again are we using polls only when they support what the Trump sheeple think?

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2016, 04:47 PM
So you're saying there are no rapists among the illegal immigrants coming into the country? Or that there are, but this country is in desperate need of a few more good rapists because we don't have our fill yet right here at home?

Why this huge desire to let as many illegal immigrants into the country as possible, and turn them into citizens?

I'll tell you why. To counter that angry old white man voting bloc that has been talked about so much on here today....it's nothing but a Dem strategy to put a stranglehold on Presidential elections and a Republican strategy for cheap labor.

**** that I say.

elysiantraveller
02-01-2016, 04:55 PM
So you're saying there are no rapists among the illegal immigrants coming into the country? Or that there are, but this country is in desperate need of a few more good rapists because we don't have our fill yet right here at home?

Why this huge desire to let as many illegal immigrants into the country as possible, and turn them into citizens?

Whoa buddy... I didn't say anything about rapists... Trump did. :cool:

That was a lot of characters to say essentially nothing...

Not to deviate from whatever post 45 was supposed to be about BUT how exactly is Trump going to overcome his poor showing among key demographics like latinos and women?

reckless
02-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Bolded from your post...

"the most conservative candidate that can win in the general election. Trump is that person"

No, he isn't...

Trump's Gender Gap (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/donald-trump-2016-women-voters-217086)

Or again are we using polls only when they support what the Trump sheeple think?

First off, most of us don't speak to you in the manner that you speak to the rest of us, so you better wise up --- plus, you better learn a thing or two about life, politics, and common sense, if possible. It makes for a better dialogue, generally.

On a personal matter, I always and always have said that polls don't mean anything and that I don't put much into them -- even when they support my guy or my point of view.

Finally, I know this is will be difficult to people like yourself, but do me a favor ... when all this primary and general election campaign is finally over, kindly remind us how much smarter you are than the rest of us. And, since you generally lack basic interpersonal skills, it's also OK if you also remind us on how stupid the rest of the country is too.

barahona44
02-01-2016, 06:35 PM

Now, back to Rick Perry.

This is in reference to the final highlighted statement about Perry.Politicians don't create private sector jobs,businesses do.Politicians can create an environment that enhances that process but what government giveth, they can also taketh away.That does not mean states and localities give away the store to make a business friendly environment but neither should they throw up so many obstacles, job creation becomes more difficult.